PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #31
Roose91

Send a message via MSN to Roose91

Roose91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
Excuse me just one second but I'm not stirring anything up, feel free to pop along to my place and I'll show you the 2 characters' saved games with exactly the situations explained above, both with a dead Halverd in the jarl's long house and one with 3 completed houses and one with no sight nor sound of Falkreath land.

I'm in my 30's for crying out loud and have been gaming for 30 odd years, I'm no kid trying to troll.
How have you purchased the house and/or killed Helvard if you have not been to Falkreath then? My apologies in advance if I am missing something here.

Furthermore; exactly, so you haven't filled the requirement for the bug then, in my case, and others i've read around the interwebs (yahoo answers, gamespot, here, UESP) it is related to becoming Thane AND completing the "Kill Bandit Leader" and "Rare Gifts" quests/favours prior to killing Helvard and thus negatively affecting the Jarl's disposition with no way to mitigate for it due to having already completed the aforementioned quests. I hadn't actually directed the post at you; if you go on gamespot you will find all manner of know-it-alls who are trying to tell people that they are playing the game wrong and have broken it themselves.
100% Retail: CoD 2, Hitman:Blood Money, Bully, Just Cause, Assassins Creed, Gun, CoD 4, Oblivion (1250), Bourne Conspiracy, OFDR, Fallout 3 (1550), Halo 3:ODST, Godfather (1250), Godfather II, Qauntum of Solace, MW2,Assassins Creed 2, Viking, Fable II (1350), Borderlands (1250), The Saboteur, Lego Batman, Batman:AA, Bioshock (1100).

100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Zombie Apocolypse.

Last edited by Roose91; 09-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Roose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #32
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose91 View Post
How have you purchased the house and/or killed Helvard if you have not been to Falkreath then? My apologies in advance if I am missing something here....
Yes, you're missing that by "Falkreath land" I meant the plot of land to build on. Look further back and you'll see the 4:27 timed post above for confirmation.

I assumed you were directing the post at me because I'm the only one disagreeing with the Thane/Halverd setup you're saying must be the cause, if I was wrong I apologise too.

The main difference between the 2 games I'm describing (both with well over 300 hours logged each) is that one has an in-completable bounty mission for Skald I can't hand in, has completed the Imperial questline and the game overall as well as every faction questline, this one can NOT buy the Falkreath plot of land but has been a Falkreath Thane for a long time. The other character has an active mission to hand an amulet of arkay to thor-wotsit (name?), hasn't started the imperial questline, hasn't completed the alduin main quest but has completed several of the faction questlines.

So the point is the only constants I can see so far is completing the imperial questline can stop buying land in Falkreath, (although as Falkreath and Siddgeir were on the imperial side this seems unlikely) completion of the main game questline (who knows?) or some other factor that hasn't been considered.

The only other thing I can think of is the vampire couple in the half-moon mill near falkreath may have an impact, in the game I can't buy the Falkreath land I killed both vampires in the DB quests, in the game I can buy I only killed the male leaving Hert alive.

Maybe that's something to do with it.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #33
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
.....so what can we do ?

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 50/50
Completed Retail: 194/196
Completed Retail with DLC: 194/196
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #34
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
.....so what can we do ?
Well I guess we hope Bethesda pays attention to how many people are having the same problem and therefore putting others who read the many forums off PAYING for the DLC's by simply making thanedom of the region the only requirement along with the cash.

After all, the whole DLC is only a convenience, why block it?

Last edited by buggss; 09-05-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #35
ryanclive

Hikusaak's Gamercard
Quote:
Absolutely.

Killing Helvard does NOT stop you buying the land or annoy the Jarl enough. On one character I can't buy it and on the other I can but I'm a Falkreath Thane in both and Helvard is dead in both. In both these games Siddgeir is the current Jarl.

Also it isn't the rare item dropoff (Amulet of Arkay, Ysolde's mammoth tusk etc)stopping the advancement either as the character that can buy Falkreath land also has the Arkay quest still active.

It's something else and I have no idea what it can be.

Underlining to assure the details are correct.
Glad I asked. This is just what I needed to know. I'm worried that I've completely locked out the possibility of buying the land.

So we now have one instance of:
- Siddgeir as Jarl
- Helvard is dead
- Character is already Thane

...who's still able to purchase the land. I'll keep getting radiant quests from Nenya and see if I bump into something.

If anything, I have two bugged Misc. quests in my log which is the same as yours; That is, to report to Skald, and it's logged there twice. Apparently, it's an old bug. It doesn't go away, regardless if Skald is still in control or not (Stormcloak/Empire thing). I don't see any reason why this could lockout the buy option, but it still could.

Until Bethesda releases a fix for this, I'll just have to bug Nenya as much as I can.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
iNu

Yekuza's Gamercard
Taken from the Bethesda Forums

"Where do I start Hearthfire?
If you have already completed tasks for the jarls of Falkreath, Hjaalmarch, or Dawnstar and earned their trust, you will receive a letter from the steward of their respective towns letting you know that land has become available for purchase. Receipt of this letter is required in order to be able to purchase land. You will receive a iscellaneous objective, and a quest target that points to the Steward or relevant authority of that hold.

If you have not yet earned the trust of the Jarls, you will receive a letter via Courier once your character is level 9 or higher. The invite will allow your character to visit and learn about the benefits of working for them and the possibility of buying land. If your character is already level 9 or above when Hearthfire is first installed, you will soon receive the letter from a Courier while visiting a town or settlement.

How do I gain the ability to purchase a land plot?
You must earn the trust of the Jarl for the area you wish to purchase land in (Falkreath, Hjaalmarch, or Dawnstar). Each hold requires some specific favors or quests to be completed to earn that Jarl’s trust. After doing these, you will receive a letter informing your character that the land is available for purchase. This letter is required for purchase.

What are the specific requirements for getting land in each hold?

For Falkreath: You must complete the “Rare Gifts” favor, and the “Kill the Bandit Leader” favor. You may then buy land from Steward Nenya.

For Hjaalmarch: You must complete the quest “Laid to Rest”. You may then buy land from Steward Aslfur.

For Dawnstar: You must complete the Daedric Quest “Waking Nightmare” and then the favor “Kill the Giant”. Please note that this favor has the prerequisites of being level 22 or higher, and having had previously completed the “Waking Nightmare” Daedric Quest. At this point, you can then buy land directly from Jarl Skald the Elder."

I was stuck with Falkreath but i did all the misc rare gift quests, once i did all them i was able to buy land from the Jarl in Falkreath.

"Rare Gift Quests

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm

Last edited by iNu; 09-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
iNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #37
commandscorpion

CommandScorpion's Gamercard
i had no problems with any plots but i had done all errands for each respective jarl b4 dlc came out to get the relevant weapons
Old 09-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
ryanclive

Hikusaak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNu View Post
Rare Gift Quests

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm
Finished with all of these already, and still no dice. I also saw this posted in the Bethesda forums; I assumed the context in the Falkreath portion means the one for Siddgeir only, not the whole lot - though I understand you are only trying to be sure.

For those who used this method, they probably don't have that "unknown factor" in their game saves which prevents the "buy" dialogue option from Nenya, and must have probably left one or any of these quests active so upon completion of these, it seemed like these are the ones to actually trigger the offer from Nenya.

But thanks for the help. Anything to move this forward helps.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #39
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanclive View Post
Finished with all of these already, and still no dice. I also saw this posted in the Bethesda forums; I assumed the context in the Falkreath portion means the one for Siddgeir only, not the whole lot - though I understand you are only trying to be sure.

For those who used this method, they probably don't have that "unknown factor" in their game saves which prevents the "buy" dialogue option from Nenya, and must have probably left one or any of these quests active so upon completion of these, it seemed like these are the ones to actually trigger the offer from Nenya.

But thanks for the help. Anything to move this forward helps.
So basically, if you joined the Stormcloaks, you're fucked.

That's nice...

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #40
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Hopefully there is a fix for those still having problems. I just had to do a job for Nenya, then two for the Jarl and that was that.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #41
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
So basically, if you joined the Stormcloaks, you're fucked.

That's nice...
LOL well said, however in 1 of my 2 cases who joined and completed the imperial storyline I also can't get anywhere with buying the Falkreath land and he has none of the other conditions other than a radient bounty to hand in to the incarcerated Skald in the palace of the kings. However neither he nor the quest list lets me hand it in.

I'm curious.... has anyone else got a quest, either proper or misc that won't let you toggle it to an active quest? My radient bounty hand-in won't change off the inactive diamond quest to the active arrow quest.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #42
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
Hopefully there is a fix for those still having problems. I just had to do a job for Nenya, then two for the Jarl and that was that.
I assume the 2 jarl jobs were the blackbriar mead order and the bandit wipeout? If so I think most people commenting have long since done these and probably wish they hadn't.

I tried completing some more quests, killed paarthnax, RE-doing red eagle's sword and a couple of others not mentioned as being relevant and returned to Falkreath. Nenya, for the first time in AGES actually gave me a "go kill that dragon" bounty quest and I got quite excited (I know, 34 and I get excited over a bunch of pixels ) thinking I'd resolved it and would be offered the land after handing it in but no luck.

I'm starting to think the one factor you can get to know you're being offered the land is the new housecarl approaching you as you enter the jarl's house. If the housecarl ain't there, neither is the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandscorpion View Post
i had no problems with any plots but i had done all errands for each respective jarl b4 dlc came out to get the relevant weapons
Yep, we've seen both versions; not being thane, getting letters to visit, becoming thane and then having the land with no problems and also already being thane, walking into the jarl's house and having the new housecarl walk straight up and introduce themselves. Also no problem with the land.

I wish I had one of these...

Last edited by buggss; 09-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Quote:
I assume the 2 jarl jobs were the blackbriar mead order and the bandit wipeout? If so I think most people commenting have long since done these and probably wish they hadn't.
Yeah and then after turning in second one he just said i deserved to be able to buy some property. I thought i was going to have problems too but luckily not.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #44
buggss

Re-checked this as I didn't like it much but seem to have little choice:

I've been trying to do as many remaining quests in an attempt to free up falkreath's jarl's disposition enough to let me buy the land even though I'm already jarl and have done just about every quest in his region.

Unfortunately the only one I've gotten done that made Nenya offer me another radient was a mixture of either killing paarthanax and/or handing in a radient dragon kill quest to esbern. I couldn't hand in the dragon kill before as esbern wouldn't talk at all because of the paarthanax situation.

Hopefully the new radient from the steward will help in some way.

Here's hoping...

P.S. It seems to me that the simplest way for Bethesda to sort this is to just allow any misc quests to be abandoned at any time by choice. It'll include letting me drop this bloody arcana restored for the orc librarian which i looted from a giant's chest before collecting that quest and I could ditch the radient quest I can't hand in to skald as he's now a captive jarl in windhelm meaning he won't talk to me.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #45
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
just got all the land. falkreath required beer and bandit death. still not thane. if i do a few more towns people quest i can get that housecarl
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #46
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was able to buy it without a problem.
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #47
Skillet

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
WOW.

Okay. So apparently... I was blocked because the Courier never actually gave me the letter to purchase land from Falkreath. The first time I played through this DLC, he only gave me the letter to upgrade Breezehome with a Child's Bedroom, and the one from the Riften Orphanage to adopt children.

My suspicions on why this happened is because the first time I was approached by the courier, I was in Whiterun. When he gave me the letter from the Steward in Falkreath, I was actually standing in Falkreath. It makes little sense that I would still be able to purchase the houses in Dawnstar and Morthal without letters, but was unable to purchase a house in Falkreath.

The only conclusion I can make on this matter is that by receiving and reading the letter about available land in Falkreath, it created a quest for buying land in Fakreath, and essentially forced the Jarl's Steward, Tekla, to make the dialogue available.

What sucks... is that the only way I was able to fix this was by reloading a save from 20 hours ago... the last possible save in my rotation... from before I bought any land or even started the Hearthfire DLC.

So to anyone who is still having trouble with Falkreath.

Try to reload a save from BEFORE you started playing Hearthfire. And then fast travel to Falkreath and wait for the courier to approach you. If he doesn't give you a letter to purchase land in Falkreath, repeat that process until he does, or until you give up.

Just might end some of your frustration.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #48
Angels N Skins

Angels N Skins's Gamercard
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Becoming_Thane
Interesting that certain quests must be completed before Falkreath Jarl will give a quest. Hopefully this helps
Angels N Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #49
Angels N Skins

Angels N Skins's Gamercard
I can confirm that this works. Just clear the listed quests.
Angels N Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #50
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels N Skins View Post
Interesting that certain quests must be completed before Falkreath Jarl will give a quest. Hopefully this helps
Quote:
I can confirm that this works. Just clear the listed quests.
Thanks for looking that up again but it isn't that simple.

Most people on the several threads with Falkreath problems are beyond most of these issues.

Out of the misc quests I've completed at least 6 of the 7, the one I might be missing is the half moon mill as the female vampire was with the male vampire when I completed the DB quest to kill him. However as we're only required to complete 3 of these that's not likely to matter and I was able to become thane there long ago.
Quote:
WOW.

Okay. So apparently... I was blocked because the Courier never actually gave me the letter to purchase land from Falkreath. The first time I played through this DLC, he only gave me the letter to upgrade Breezehome with a Child's Bedroom, and the one from the Riften Orphanage to adopt children.

My suspicions on why this happened is because the first time I was approached by the courier, I was in Whiterun. When he gave me the letter from the Steward in Falkreath, I was actually standing in Falkreath. It makes little sense that I would still be able to purchase the houses in Dawnstar and Morthal without letters, but was unable to purchase a house in Falkreath.

The only conclusion I can make on this matter is that by receiving and reading the letter about available land in Falkreath, it created a quest for buying land in Fakreath, and essentially forced the Jarl's Steward, Tekla, to make the dialogue available.

What sucks... is that the only way I was able to fix this was by reloading a save from 20 hours ago... the last possible save in my rotation... from before I bought any land or even started the Hearthfire DLC.

So to anyone who is still having trouble with Falkreath.

Try to reload a save from BEFORE you started playing Hearthfire. And then fast travel to Falkreath and wait for the courier to approach you. If he doesn't give you a letter to purchase land in Falkreath, repeat that process until he does, or until you give up.

Just might end some of your frustration.
Hmm...

Problem with the letter theory is you're not supposed to receive one from any of the holds you're already a thane in, does that fit in with the letters you did/didn't receive?

I've tried reloading a pre-HF save game several times and I've only ever received letters from the orphanage and whiterun which goes with the thane thing.

The more I read the more I think the most important thing is to remember to hand in radient bounty quests as soon as possible to allow another steward or jarl to offer you another of the same type.

Last edited by buggss; 09-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #51
Skillet

Quote:
Thanks for looking that up again but it isn't that simple.

Most people on the several threads with Falkreath problems are beyond most of these issues.

Out of the misc quests I've completed at least 6 of the 7, the one I might be missing is the half moon mill as the female vampire was with the male vampire when I completed the DB quest to kill him. However as we're only required to complete 3 of these that's not likely to matter and I was able to become thane there long ago.

Hmm...

Problem with the letter theory is you're not supposed to receive one from any of the holds you're already a thane in, does that fit in with the letters you did/didn't receive?

I've tried reloading a pre-HF save game several times and I've only ever received letters from the orphanage and whiterun which goes with the thane thing.

The more I read the more I think the most important thing is to remember to hand in radient bounty quests as soon as possible to allow another steward or jarl to offer you another of the same type.
That's just it, I wasn't a thane of Falkreath. But I was also unable to become thane of Falkreath. I completed the Stormcloak questline so the Jarl was Dengeir and the steward is Tekla. And they wouldn't give me any quests to complete so that I could become thane.

Also, the letter didn't reference becoming a thane. It just informed me that land was available. I had completed all of the quests I could on my previous attempts and I was never made a thane, nor would they sell me the land.

So for me, at least, reloading a previous save and receiving the letter to buy land was the only way I was able to purchase the plot.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #52
buggss

Quote:
That's just it, I wasn't a thane of Falkreath. But I was also unable to become thane of Falkreath. I completed the Stormcloak questline so the Jarl was Dengeir and the steward is Tekla. And they wouldn't give me any quests to complete so that I could become thane.

Also, the letter didn't reference becoming a thane. It just informed me that land was available. I had completed all of the quests I could on my previous attempts and I was never made a thane, nor would they sell me the land.

So for me, at least, reloading a previous save and receiving the letter to buy land was the only way I was able to purchase the plot.
I'm glad someone got their problem sorted.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Player does not need to be thane to purchase the land. Only the favor of the Jarl is needed.

That means you have to bring him a black briar beer. Then you need to kill the bandit leader he asks you to eliminate.

Land is then available to you. Becoming Thane just grants you a housecarl for your new residence once a bed is place in it.

I was able to buy from the steward right after completing the bandit quest. I still need to do a quest or 2 for the townsfolk to become Thane.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
buggss

Yep but if you look it's not the thane part we're having trouble with, as you've said it isn't a requirement, however after we've done all the quests to get the favour to become thane well before we knew the land would become available we aren't left with any undone quests to get the land offered.

I'm being offered occasional radients now by the steward but nothing I do seems to get the jarl to like me enough.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #55
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Yep but if you look it's not the thane part we're having trouble with, as you've said it isn't a requirement, however after we've done all the quests to get the favour to become thane well before we knew the land would become available we aren't left with any undone quests to get the land offered.

I'm being offered occasional radients now by the steward but nothing I do seems to get the jarl to like me enough.
i think thats what the letter is for. you should be getting one
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #56
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
i think thats what the letter is for. you should be getting one
Nope, as I've said in various threads, you only get the 2 letters from the orphanage and the breezehome upgrade letter plus those from the 3 land-selling holds that you AREN'T already a thane in. I'm already a thane in all 3 holds on both of my characters but even then the one character can't seem to get the falkreath land option to appear.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #57
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfAqua View Post
It's actually correct. Unless you have a save data before you kill Helvard in the Dark Brotherhood, there's no chance you can get the land (at least from the 3 hours of trying to test all possibilities). It's an old bug which from the looks of it it was never looked up/never bothered to be fixed. Only have 2-3 miscellaneous quests not related to anything "Thane" related and I'm sure it's the whole Helvard thing since you still get the quests from Nenya (which isn't "glitched") but rather the Jarl itself. :/

Hopefully of course it doesn't glitch with everyone.
False. I was stuck as well, thinking it was because I had killed Helvard in the Dark Brotherhood questline. As it turns out, I had a :listed" misc. quest still pending. Once I completed that, I was able to purchase land at Falkreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #58
lighthouse777

starlight777's Gamercard
i have two gamer tags one is lighthouse777
this quest is open Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal
and i got all three houses

on starlight777 i tried on two different characters

the one with the mirror quest open, i have all three plots/houses

on the one with no radiant quests open.. none
i cannot buy the falkreath house
denier is the jarl and i became his thane as well as the one before him
so i became thane twice in the strongholds that were taken over by the storm cloaks

the only difference is i did deniers quest to steal a letter after he became jarl
never did on the other two
and thats the one i cannot get the house in falkreath

and in one i was already a thane/twice and i got a letter for falkreath
never even noticed it at first.. on the other one i did not
the third character nothing cannot buy land. almost as bad as blood on the ice
this dlc has a lot of other issues like freezing and disapperaing floors

Last edited by lighthouse777; 09-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #59
lighthouse777

starlight777's Gamercard
denier does not get the beer
thats for his nephew who is in the basement at solitude
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
TheSipuli91

sipuli91's Gamercard
I can't get the land plot either. I am a thane in Falkreath /Black Briar mead given and all that), I helped Imperials so Siddgeir is still the Jarl and I killed that man for Brotherhood. I have double checked my quests: had one radiant quest to kill a bandit chief, did that, went back to Nenya, nothing. Still no option to buy the land. And now I'm out of quests that I can actually do. I have that Skold who won't pay me for killing that giant and I can't report Leifnarr's death.

Oh, about that letter: I'm a thane in all holds (been that way since last year) and I still received a letter from Dawnstar so it can't be that you receive one from a hold in which you're not a thane yet.

Here's for hoping Bethesda will fix this DLC. Then again, I have to play the game with a new character for the Daedric items so it's not a big problem to start a new game for this one as well...
TheSipuli91 is offline   Reply With Quote