PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #61
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSipuli91 View Post
I can't get the land plot either. I am a thane in Falkreath /Black Briar mead given and all that), I helped Imperials so Siddgeir is still the Jarl and I killed that man for Brotherhood. I have double checked my quests: had one radiant quest to kill a bandit chief, did that, went back to Nenya, nothing. Still no option to buy the land. And now I'm out of quests that I can actually do. I have that Skold who won't pay me for killing that giant and I can't report Leifnarr's death.

Oh, about that letter: I'm a thane in all holds (been that way since last year) and I still received a letter from Dawnstar so it can't be that you receive one from a hold in which you're not a thane yet.

Here's for hoping Bethesda will fix this DLC. Then again, I have to play the game with a new character for the Daedric items so it's not a big problem to start a new game for this one as well...
That's pretty much exactly the same as I have.

I'll let you know if I manage anything.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #62
ShadowX1790

ShadowX1790's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
False. I was stuck as well, thinking it was because I had killed Helvard in the Dark Brotherhood questline. As it turns out, I had a :listed" misc. quest still pending. Once I completed that, I was able to purchase land at Falkreath
Ok. I had the same thing happen and the Jarl eventually said I was able to buy land, but the Steward doesn't give me the option to buy the land. What did I do wrong?
ShadowX1790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #63
Face de Crepe

Face de Crepe's Gamercard
The only means to buy this damned plot of land from Falkreath is to wait for a corrective patch, if I indeed understand ?

Face de Crepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #64
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX1790 View Post
Ok. I had the same thing happen and the Jarl eventually said I was able to buy land, but the Steward doesn't give me the option to buy the land. What did I do wrong?
Haven't seen that setup before, usually we either get stuck never having land mentioned or you get it mentioned and can buy it.

This one I can't help with I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face de Crepe View Post
The only means to buy this damned plot of land from Falkreath is to wait for a corrective patch, if I indeed understand ?
Looks like it.

Or as I've done start a whole new game again from scratch so you can get both of the biggest glitches out the way at the same time; Falkreath and Hjerim...
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #65
Darkbee007

Darkbee007's Gamercard
Become Thane of the hold, then the jarl should offer the land.
Darkbee007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #66
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbee007 View Post
Become Thane of the hold, then the jarl should offer the land.
Hey retard did you read any of this thread before posting? Of course you didnt! Thanks for the tip though. If Bethesda could actually program a game, you would be correct!

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 125 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #67
MarMattRach

MarMattRach's Gamercard
Did you manage to get the falkreath land ? I've tried everything, using previous saves, uninstalling dawnguard and hearth fire, but still no joy ?
MarMattRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #68
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
Hey retard did you read any of this thread before posting? Of course you didnt! Thanks for the tip though. If Bethesda could actually program a game, you would be correct!
LOL!

Well I was gonna word it slightly differently but let's go with yours.

Incidentally, something new on that new character I decided to go with. I received the letter from Siddgeir early on to visit which I did sometime later, was asked to clear out the Ember bandits and upon returning to him was offered the chance to buy the land there and then. No mead quest, hadn't even started the helping 3/3 falkreath denizens, wasn't thane so it has nothing to do with those. Only difference thanedom made was the housecarl appeared out of thin air as soon as Siddgeir pronounced me thane and gave me a crappy blade.

Definately a very weird system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarMattRach View Post
Did you manage to get the falkreath land ? I've tried everything, using previous saves, uninstalling dawnguard and hearth fire, but still no joy ?
Nope, not on my problem character. I've tried getting radiant quests everytime they appear from there, helping with farming collections and quests from the tavern owner for hours and hours. Nothing.

Pretty sure it'll require either a miracle or a fix and we know which of those is more likely eh? :/

Last edited by buggss; 09-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #69
squirrely1

I am having he same problem and it's sooo frustrating. Here's my situation.

First off I am on level 59 and I have completed all the main quest lines and I am thane in all the holds and have the weapons to prove it. What's weird is like after the Dawnguard DLC and now the Hearthfire one it's like the Jarl's all lose their minds and can't remember you or something :S

I completed the civil war quest long ago and sided with the Stormcloaks so I have Jarl Dengeir and Tekla as steward. Helvard is still alive in my game too and I didn't join the DB... I killed Astrid and everyone in the DB so...maybe that has something to do with it?

I have NO radiant quests open...finished those ages ago...and I have even opened up new quests by going to both Tekla and the chick running the Tavern there and I after I complete them I just get a reward and NO DIALOG FOR PURCHASING LAND from either Tekla or the Jarl....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! THis is so frustrating because I too am anal and want to finish this achievement!!

My husband is on level 59 and he did complete the DB questline and he joined and killed Helvard and he got the option to buy land without any problem and he sided with the storm cloaks and dealt with Dengeir too.

The only thing I can figure out is after I installed the Dawnguard DLC ...one day a bunch of vampires showed up in Falkreath and practically wiped out the whole town. It killed most of the citizens. the only people still alive are the two brothers running Gray Pine Goods, the inn keeper chick and the people who are in there like that singing bard..and the alchemist chick in Grave Concoctions. Everyone else is dead...so if I have to win favor all over again by doing nice things for people I'm going to be screwed :S

It's just really amazes me that Bethesda tries to make this so complicated because it's obvious this is a really bizarre bug and I have yet to see anything that could be the cause just by scanning through this thread. It's weird. I am so frustrated!

EDIT: One more thing... I do have 2 unresolvable quests listed as "return to Skald for reward" listed that will not go away. I go back to Skald and there is no dialog that will release that from my quest log.

Last edited by squirrely1; 09-17-2012 at 04:21 AM.
squirrely1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #70
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I'm not able to buy a house, too. This sucks

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #71
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrely1 View Post
....EDIT: One more thing... I do have 2 unresolvable quests listed as "return to Skald for reward" listed that will not go away. I go back to Skald and there is no dialog that will release that from my quest log.
That's one of the issues I have too, unable to hand a quest in to skald or his steward while he's in the palace of the kings in Windhelm.

A question; can you change your skald quest in your journal from inactive to active? Mine won't change from the diamond to the arrow in my journal.

Last edited by buggss; 09-19-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #72
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
So what if you cant wrap up some misc. quests because the game glitches them out and won't let you complete them. I have one main quest that I can't end after killing one of the dragon priests and I have about 4 or 5 misc quests, because targets to kill or talk to either on some unreachable plane in the map or even after I collect a reward for completion, the quest just doesn't close.
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #73
ryanclive

Hikusaak's Gamercard
This is somewhat disconcerting. I've been patient about it, thinking a patch fix would be coming out soon. We've been talking about the Falkreath shiz for weeks here, and I was hoping all this solution finding was only to keep us occupied until a proper patch fix comes. It seems the only way is to start all over again, and go for the achievements you've missed - and I'm not too keen on the idea.

I'm finding it hard to resist whining about this whole thing: Why Bethesda's either taking so long to fix such a simple error; Or in the same vein, if perhaps they're completely neglecting this since it may be such a "small" error to them.

It's not like I'm okay with the idea of ["Oh yeah, spent countless hours on the game since I plan to 100% from the get go, but there's 2 achievements I can't obtain because Bethesda thinks they're small time to be fixed - but that's a-okay! I'm breaking my plan to 100% this because Bethesda thinks I don't need to bother myself with it!"] OH JOY.

Apologies for the immature post. Just incredibly annoyed right now. :-/
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #74
squirrely1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
That's one of the issues I have too, unable to hand a quest in to skald or his steward while he's in the palace of the kings in Windhelm.

A question; can you change your skald quest in your journal from inactive to active? Mine won't change from the diamond to the arrow in my journal.
Nope it won't highlight or the diamond won't fill in either when I try to select that in the quest list. Well the Misc arrow will light but not the Skald one. :S And I have two of those. I also have a few other unresolvable quests that I just will never be able to clear out because of glitchyness or something :S

yeah this is really annoying. I did email Bethesda... I would say if we all do that....maybe they will get the idea. They just sent back a pretty generic email response that told me how to clear the cache of my Xbox and well hang on.... I'll copy and paste their response here so you all can read what they told me... apparently they said to stay tuned for bug patches and stuff on their blog...or something....

Here's the copy of their response:

Thank you for contacting Bethesda Technical Support.

Your email feedback has been forwarded to the tech folks who handle this. All future patches and what they might address would be determined by them. Any information on future patch releases will be posted to either the Bethesda Forums or the blog so please check back there.

We would like for you to try the troubleshooting steps below to see if it helps resolve the issue you are experiencing.

1. Restart the console.
2. Determine whether the issue has occurred more than one time. If this case is the first time that you have experienced this behavior, the issue may not occur again.
3. Try clearing the cache. To clear the Xbox 360 cache select My Xbox, System Settings, Storage… then highlight the HDD, press Y… and then simply select “Clear System Cache”. Select Yes when prompted to perform Hard Drive Maintenance.

* = Deleting the cache will remove temporary game files and updates. Saved games, profiles, DLC etc will NOT be removed.
4. Re-install DLC content by removing it from the Hard Drive, and then downloading the content again from your Xbox Live Download History.
5. Determine whether the Xbox 360 console is overheating. Make sure that the console is not in a poorly ventilated environment or near a heat source. Heat sources include TVs, computers, monitors, and other electrical devices. If the Xbox 360 console is in a poorly ventilated location, move it to a location that has sufficient ventilation, such as on top of a table or on the floor. If the issue is resolved, the previous location likely did not provide sufficient ventilation for the Xbox 360 console to correctly function.

Best Regards,

Leon P.
Technical Support
squirrely1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #75
sho91

sho91's Gamercard
This DLC should of come out when the games was released not months later after people had already been playing it....IE: Ysolda's rare gift radiant quest"mammoth tusk"=if your speech is too high she will never give you the quest.....i managed to get all the dlc working fine on an early save before i made any civil war choices...i will really think hard before buying any future dlc for this game "if it happens at all"... Bethesda Technical Support blaming hardware or installs is pretty sad.....
sho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #76
Major_4X4

Major 4X4's Gamercard
i figured it out do the rare gifts quest note its a misc. Quest first find the amulet of arkey for the husband if the girl whose mourning in windhelm then get the book for the blacksmith in marthol then get mammoth tusks for ysolda in whiterun then go to the jarl in faulkreath and give him black briar mead hope this helped
Major_4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #77
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_4X4 View Post
i figured it out do the rare gifts quest note its a misc. Quest first find the amulet of arkey for the husband if the girl whose mourning in windhelm then get the book for the blacksmith in marthol then get mammoth tusks for ysolda in whiterun then go to the jarl in faulkreath and give him black briar mead hope this helped
Ok, I'll say this in a "nice" way so as to not be misunderstood.

No.

That quest isn't THE ultimate fix, I have a character with no rare item quests active who CAN'T buy Falkreath land and another who has the Amulet of Arkay quest active and unprogressed who CAN buy Falkreath land. I think that's mentioned several times in this thread already.

Um.... thanks anyway
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #78
guttergubs

Manders02's Gamercard
Well what ever it is its remedial, even worse is this is happening obviously frequently and there hasent been an update it hasent been fixed no one has a solution and afer the game and 2 DLC's we are all down about 85 90 bucks on a game that dosent satisfy it annoys. Howhard is it really to play a game after you create it in order to identify and work out the bugs? Oh waite thats why only microsoft has it as of right now. WE ARE TESTING IT SO OTHER PLATFORMS GET THE DEBUGGED VERSION. FUCK BETHESDA AND MICROSOFT IM 100% FED UP WITH MILLION DOLLAR COMPANYS OVER CHARGEING FOR UNFINISHED PRODUCT WTF
guttergubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #79
guttergubs

Manders02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
Ok, I'll say this in a "nice" way so as to not be misunderstood.

No.

That quest isn't THE ultimate fix, I have a character with no rare item quests active who CAN'T buy Falkreath land and another who has the Amulet of Arkay quest active and unprogressed who CAN buy Falkreath land. I think that's mentioned several times in this thread already.

Um.... thanks anyway
yup agreed on mine the jarl wont even ask for the meade. i have it but he wont take it. ultimate fix is a bowl first, and a sledge hammer to the game.
guttergubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #80
FelicisAmor

FelicisAmor's Gamercard
I think I've figured it out

Hi guys I made an account purely to see if I can offer help to you all still having problems with this plot.

I was pretty much in the same boat as everyone:
I was able to purchase the other two plots of land without problem. I'd completed the rare gifts quest, I was thane of Falkreath and Helvard was alive. I also sided with the Imperials and had the un-finishable quest of claiming bounty from Sklad and another claiming bounty from Brina which I also cant complete. I'd completed countless side quests for Siddgeir trying to unlock the dialogue but to no hope.

However the thought occurred to me today that I hadn't killed Paarthurnax, I liked the old guy and didn't want to kill him so I kept him alive. Then I wondered if killing him would have an affect on the land unlocking and to my surprise (I was hoping it would cause I was running our of ideas!) it did. Jar Siddgeir offered me one last quest to kill the bandit leader and after I'd completed he asked me to talk to his Steward, Nenya.

To cut a long post short haha, kill Paarthurnax and see if that helps.

Hope this is helps!

EDIT: Just tried this on an old save but it didn't work. I'll keep it here incase it is of help to someone else.
I do however have a couple of unfinsihed quests, I'll complete them and see what happens.

Last edited by FelicisAmor; 10-07-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: incorrect information
FelicisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #81
AimedBarrel

AimedBarrel's Gamercard
Hey Guys,

So I solved the problem for myself but I'm sure it only works in certain situations.

Previous Situation:
- Sided with Imperials but didn't complete any quests
- Was on the Alduin's Wall main quest
- Received note and became Thane through side quests
- Had option to buy land from Steward (can't remember name) but didn't want to yet
- Killed Helvard for DB so couldn't buy land after as a result of this game being coded by monkeys

Here is how I got out of that particular setup:

I called for the Peace Treaty (Quest: Season Unending) after defeating Alduin in Alduin's Bane quest and this allowed me to transfer control of Falkreath to the Stormcloaks through negotiations which resulted in a new Jarl and new Steward. Went and talked to the new Jarl and he gave me the option to become Thane after helping people in Falkreath, since I had already done that I became Thane instantly. Talked to the new Steward and the Buy Land option was there.

I was so f***ing happy that I can now 100% this game.

AimedBarrel

Last edited by AimedBarrel; 10-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
AimedBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #82
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelicisAmor View Post
Hi guys I made an account purely to see if I can offer help to you all still having problems with this plot.

I was pretty much in the same boat as everyone:
I was able to purchase the other two plots of land without problem. I'd completed the rare gifts quest, I was thane of Falkreath and Helvard was alive. I also sided with the Imperials and had the un-finishable quest of claiming bounty from Sklad and another claiming bounty from Brina which I also cant complete. I'd completed countless side quests for Siddgeir trying to unlock the dialogue but to no hope.

However the thought occurred to me today that I hadn't killed Paarthurnax, I liked the old guy and didn't want to kill him so I kept him alive. Then I wondered if killing him would have an affect on the land unlocking and to my surprise (I was hoping it would cause I was running our of ideas!) it did. Jar Siddgeir offered me one last quest to kill the bandit leader and after I'd completed he asked me to talk to his Steward, Nenya.

To cut a long post short haha, kill Paarthurnax and see if that helps.

Hope this is helps!

EDIT: Just tried this on an old save but it didn't work. I'll keep it here incase it is of help to someone else.
I do however have a couple of unfinsihed quests, I'll complete them and see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimedBarrel View Post
Hey Guys,

So I solved the problem for myself but I'm sure it only works in certain situations.

Previous Situation:
- Sided with Imperials but didn't complete any quests
- Was on the Alduin's Wall main quest
- Received note and became Thane through side quests
- Had option to buy land from Steward (can't remember name) but didn't want to yet
- Killed Helvard for DB so couldn't buy land after as a result of this game being coded by monkeys

Here is how I got out of that particular setup:

I called for the Peace Treaty (Quest: Season Unending) after defeating Alduin in Alduin's Bane quest and this allowed me to transfer control of Falkreath to the Stormcloaks through negotiations which resulted in a new Jarl and new Steward. Went and talked to the new Jarl and he gave me the option to become Thane after helping people in Falkreath, since I had already done that I became Thane instantly. Talked to the new Steward and the Buy Land option was there.

I was so f***ing happy that I can now 100% this game.

AimedBarrel
Thanks for both these, unfortunately tried both a long time ago and neither worked.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #83
fraq

If not Helvard, seems that anyway the Jarl has gone mad at you for something.
This is the UESP:
If the Dark Brotherhood quest Kill Helvard has been completed, you may not be able to purchase this property.
  • You can inspect the relationship rank with the jarl by using the player.getrelationshiprank console command (normally you should get -2 foe, or worse) and set a good relation (positive, max 4) with player.setrelationshiprank command. A relationship rank of 3 or better will allow you to purchase property. The jarl's ID, which may vary, is required for both commands.
So this is the workaround for PC, but obv 360 users have to wait for a patch.
Bye.
fraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #84
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraq View Post
If not Helvard, seems that anyway the Jarl has gone mad at you for something.....
Yep but no clue what and I've tried explaining on the UESP forum several times but once they get an idea there it tends to stick.

However if anyone needs proof feel free to pop round and I'll show you the save game.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #85
Auri-James

Anuic Auriel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraq View Post
If not Helvard, seems that anyway the Jarl has gone mad at you for something.
  • You can inspect the relationship rank with the jarl by using the player.getrelationshiprank console command (normally you should get -2 foe, or worse) and set a good relation (positive, max 4) with player.setrelationshiprank command. A relationship rank of 3 or better will allow you to purchase property. The jarl's ID, which may vary, is required for both commands.
So this is the workaround for PC, but obv 360 users have to wait for a patch.
Bye.
Sometimes I wonder if you've shown the PC workaround just to annoy the 360 users that have no access to purchasing said land.

Regardless I read through the entirety of this thread, followed every nook and cranny, and still incapable of purchasing the land. I completed every possible quest plot, pretty much before discovering Falkreath, except for the College of Winterhold and the Dragonborn questline before finding the Elder Scroll, both of which is currently completed. Sided with the Imperials, and I'll be honest, I don't want to start a new character, just for the sake of purchasing a single plot.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #86
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Lets hope they patch this, tack this right next to Blood on the Ice.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #87
Auri-James

Anuic Auriel's Gamercard
Finally, looks like I've made progress. On the same character I thought to be having issues with, I think I might actually be able to get the land now. I completed a mission in Riften that was to locate some Skooma dealer, after that, I went back to Falkreath and Sid (Sid-whatever his complicated name is) actually gave me the mission to get the black briar mead. Thank goodness doing all the stacked up miscellaneous quests has actually done something!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #88
PeenerShot

Send a message via ICQ to PeenerShot Send a message via AIM to PeenerShot Send a message via MSN to PeenerShot Send a message via Yahoo to PeenerShot

Peenershot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
So basically, if you joined the Stormcloaks, you're fucked.

That's nice...
I didnt purchase the three plots of land until after becoming a Stormcloak and sacking Solitude. The only issue I ran into was having to complete enough quests to earn the title of Thane. Once I achieved that, I could purchase the plots of land before even receiving word from the courier.
PeenerShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #89
ihlee

Talking Your suggestion is right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Ralan View Post
Make sure you don't have a radiant open from another location as it locks out the Jarl, check this: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Becoming_Thane and scroll down to the Falk part. I had "The Mirror" open under Misc. quests, couldn't do anything until went back and finished it.
Samurai Ralan's suggestion is spot on! I had a rare items radiant quest to find an Amulet of Arkay for a person in Windhelm. I couldn't find the amulet for a long time and gave up. After getting a hint from the Syrim Wiki site I found the amulet and completed the quest.

Once this quest was completed I could get missions from the Falkreath Jarl, for fetching Black Briar Meade and killing some bandits, and unlocked the ability to purchase land and build a house. Previously I spent an hour trying to buy land but the Jarl wouldn't grant quests and his steward kept giving me the same radiant slay dragon quest that led no where.

Thanks much to Samurai Ralan!
ihlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #90
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I was having difficulty, then I cleared up some old quests. Worked like a charm.