PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Quick links
Latest news
Jun 08, 2016 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Definitive Edition Surfaces in Retail Listing
Jun 07, 2016 Are Skyrim Remastered, Prey 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2 Headed to E3?
Jan 28, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Sells More Than 20 Million Copies
Jan 09, 2014 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Coming to Xbox One? [Update: No]
Nov 26, 2013 Black Friday Deals Hit Xbox Live With Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Metro, Tomb Raider... [Updated]

Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
JORDAN K 95

Gamertag: JORDAN K 95

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
moving items to your new house

im not sure if anyone has thought of this, but how are you going to move items to your new house, i have 70 dragon bones and 100 dragon scales, and a chest filled up with armour and weapons that makes the game laggy when you open it, am i going to have to make 100 trips back and forth to transfer my items into my new home?

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
xEndriux

Gamertag: xEndriux

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Load your last save,sell them, download DLC

Completed XBLA: 73/73
Completed Retail Xbox 360: 216/218
Completed Retail Xbox 360 with DLC: 216/218
Completed Games Xbox One: 42/42
Completed Games Total: 331/333
GS Completion: 99.96%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
starmonday

Gamertag: starmonday
Unless you already have one, get a horse and park it in front of the city where you live in, then go back to your house and take all your stuff. Then slowly make your way to the city gate (You can speed this up by doing power attacks with a onehanded weapon) and as soon as you are on your horse you can fast travel again. But hopefully they will add like a potion that massively increases your weight limit or something like that.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
BlackPhoenix xD

Gamertag: BlackPhoenix xD
isn't there a stone you can activate, to carry around with you infinit weight? try this
Old 09-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Skillet

Gamertag: Skillet x360a

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer (Retired)   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth (Retired)   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix xD View Post
isn't there a stone you can activate, to carry around with you infinit weight? try this
Nope.

The Steed Stone increases carry weight by 100.

You COULD get a follower like a thrall or even just somebody like Serana. I usually offload my excess dragon scales and bones on her when I get over-encumbered. I think followers have a weight cap though. Not sure if it keeps them from fast traveling with you, but you could try.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
oooo yeah

Gamertag: oooo yeah
Put everything in a single chest. Ask your follower to "take all" from said chest. Problem solved.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I moved all my stuff from one house to another in my first game. I just loaded it all up to my carrying limit and quick traveled to the other house. It took awhile but that's how I did it. As for Hearthfire...I guess it'd work there too.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
bigbear.
CET Moderating Bear

Gamertag: bigbear XBA

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   GSL 15 - 3rd Place   XboxAchievements XBA Club Member   Submit - Bronze   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Staff - Community Team - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Staff Club - bigbear.   BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Subscriber - Silver
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Personally my organization system in my houses is pretty messed up so I think I'm just going to start fresh with my Hearthfire home. I'm just going to leave all my crap in my other houses and start putting new stuff in the Hearthfire manor.

Thanks to Gackt for the sig

Changes to Community Gaming: Click on the left to find out how to win $50 while playing games with your friends!
Current CG Events: [Game of the Month link] [Game of the Week link]
bigbear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
ruck0

What would be cool, if the devs came up with a plan to activate a chest in your house that allows other house to have access too. If not, would be a cool quest to complete to enchant your house chest, IMO.
ruck0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
MrAwesome

Gamertag: hairyrussianman
Just make a ring with a bazillion carry weight, move, then if you're one of those wieners that "doesn't like cheating in the game" ditch the ring on a corpse when you're done with it.
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
yourbreakfast99

Gamertag: Breakfas

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
just fast travel a lot and have the steed stone activated, shouldn't take too long. Hopefully there are people to pay to move your stuff but doesn't seem likely.
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Or you could make/use God Armor which for me allows me to carry over 120k pounds of stuff. One trip for me.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
quidyg

Gamertag: JJJarvis92
if you have a horse, use that. even if your carrying to much you can still use horses to get about

100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Working On:
Forza 3
Dead Space 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
quidyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
BBowles

Gamertag: BBowles
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonday View Post
Unless you already have one, get a horse and park it in front of the city where you live in, then go back to your house and take all your stuff. Then slowly make your way to the city gate (You can speed this up by doing power attacks with a onehanded weapon) and as soon as you are on your horse you can fast travel again. But hopefully they will add like a potion that massively increases your weight limit or something like that.
This.

A safer way to move faster (and requires no stamina) is to pull out a bow and draw an arrow back. You then move at the default speed for having an arrow drawn. Still slow (slower than 1-handed power attacks), but its faster than being over-encumbered and the only danger of accidentally hitting someone is if you let go of RT.

Of course, I'm assuming your home will get a fast travel location added to the map......but even if not, you can ride the horse at full speed from the nearest fast travel spot.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
JORDAN K 95

Gamertag: JORDAN K 95

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowles View Post
This.

A safer way to move faster (and requires no stamina) is to pull out a bow and draw an arrow back. You then move at the default speed for having an arrow drawn. Still slow (slower than 1-handed power attacks), but its faster than being over-encumbered and the only danger of accidentally hitting someone is if you let go of RT.

Of course, I'm assuming your home will get a fast travel location added to the map......but even if not, you can ride the horse at full speed from the nearest fast travel spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidyg View Post
if you have a horse, use that. even if your carrying to much you can still use horses to get about
Thank you so much!

i moved all my items into my inventory from my chests yesterday, and its 7000/375

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
BBowles

No problem.

Still not sure why you can't ride a carriage while over-encumbered, as that would make them really useful after you discover all the towns....but whatever :P Get on a horse, and fast travel away.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
FXH Reaper

Gamertag: FXH Reaper
Here is the best way I found to do it, get a horse and prepare to do like quidyg said. You will also want a follower with you, load down your follower until they can no longer carry anything then load yourself down with what is left and make your way to your horse. Fast travel and your golden... um copper? :P This method took me three trips since I spread everything out across all my houses before the first DLC was even announced.
FXH Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
BBowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXH Reaper View Post
Here is the best way I found to do it, get a horse and prepare to do like quidyg said. You will also want a follower with you, load down your follower until they can no longer carry anything then load yourself down with what is left and make your way to your horse. Fast travel and your golden... um copper? :P This method took me three trips since I spread everything out across all my houses before the first DLC was even announced.
There's no point in having a follower if you're still going to be over-encumbered. 1 pound over moves at the same speed at 1200 pounds over. So if you are still over-encumbered after trading with your follower, you're just wasting time sorting inventories for no reason.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
surreal_82

Gamertag: FXN Shadow
Ha I have a ton of weight I've not sold a single thing, I think I picked everything up and was like 85,000/525 over encumbered lol... Long trek but try the horse trick... Now to find shadowmare again...
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
FXH Reaper

Gamertag: FXH Reaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowles View Post
There's no point in having a follower if you're still going to be over-encumbered. 1 pound over moves at the same speed at 1200 pounds over. So if you are still over-encumbered after trading with your follower, you're just wasting time sorting inventories for no reason.
Yea I used the follower because all my stuff was spread out and never over encumbered when I mentioned doing the horse thing I put that in there in case no body saw it. My point of my post was make multiple trips if needed
FXH Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
ZingZitang

Gamertag: ZingZitang

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonday View Post
You can also Use the Dash Shout. Works pretty well when you fully charge it. Gets you to your horse in no time. This Dash->horse-> Fast Travel trick is how I've moved Houses before.

Although this Armor with 120,000 Carry weight has my attention. . .

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #22
RobertJohn

Hello my name is Robert, and I'm 12 years old I love to playing games. my father bought a new house and we have to shift our all home items into new house. i'm so worried about my games that how could i shift them into new house. sudden i have a thought in my mind i searched a house moving company through internet here i found Man and van Caterham. i just called this company they reached in time and first i told them to place my games into truck carefully and then load other things they placed my games in such good place where my games can never be spoiled or damage.
RobertJohn is offline   Reply With Quote