PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Alec216

Alec216's Gamercard
Question The road to 'Land Baron'.

So, I have no way of fixing the Falkreath plot. I have completed the Civil war and Dark Brotherhood questlines before installing Hearthfire so as far as I'm aware there is no way to buy the plot. I was also already thane before I killed the Jarls mate, Hadvar(?). I have none of the odd outstanding misc. quests. And I have no old save!

So it looks like I'll be starting a new game just for 'Land baron' and 'Master architect'.

What I'd like to know is if anybody has any advice as to the quickest way of getting the three houses built? I plan on playing the first part of the main game then just heading to Falkreath, Morthal and Dawnstar. I've done a bit of research and I'll do Dawnstar last as I believe one of the quests to become thane requires level 22.

Any more advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Also if I find a quick run through I'll post it here to help others in my situation!
Lance hard for your mother, lance hard for your father, lance for your children, for your sisters and brothers. Leave all your longshots and boomshots behind, you can't carry them with you if you want to survive. The gnasher days are over, the sawed-off days are done. Can you hear the lancers? Cos here they come!
Alec216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Alec216

Alec216's Gamercard
Done!

Right, I've done it! Basically, there's no quick way of doing it! I was at 18 hours when 'Master Architect' popped! This could maybe be cut down a bit as I made a few errors but you'll be looking at 15 hours minimum!

Best advice I have is to stock pile all iron you find and collect as much gold as possible. Also put some perk points into sneak so you can steal iron from blacksmiths.

Also do the dawnstar plot last as you will have to be level 22 to get the quest form the jarl.

And READ THE GUIDE!!! I thought I could get 'Master Architect' just by building the small house. WRONG!!! As clearly stated in the guide you have to build all three wings on all three houses. This costs a lot of materials but I believe the Library, trophy room and enchanters tower are the 'cheapest' so go for those!

I actually enjoyed revisiting Skyrim so this really wasn't too much of a chore.

Hope I've been some help to someone!
Lance hard for your mother, lance hard for your father, lance for your children, for your sisters and brothers. Leave all your longshots and boomshots behind, you can't carry them with you if you want to survive. The gnasher days are over, the sawed-off days are done. Can you hear the lancers? Cos here they come!

Last edited by Alec216; 06-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Alec216 is offline   Reply With Quote