PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Foyez5

Foyez5's Gamercard
Problem with AW:AN

Hi everyone don't know if it's me but for reason that i don't know i'm trying to complete this one mission. Where you have to find a battery at the railroad tunnel, and for reason beyond me it keeps fucking freezing before i even leave the garage.

Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Thank you all.
Foyez5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Foyez5

Foyez5's Gamercard
It keeps freezing at the bit where you talk to emma and she says you need to get the battery at the tunnel, it's comepletly frozen i've had to restart it numerous times.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foyez5 View Post
It keeps freezing at the bit where you talk to emma and she says you need to get the battery at the tunnel, it's comepletly frozen i've had to restart it numerous times.
I've had it freeze on me twice thus far, although not during the story, just on the Fight Till Dawn mode. I'm not sure what's causing it, I guessed my problem might have been that I was using a save from my Cloud storage, I switched it back to my memory stick (or HDD even) and have not yet had a further issue.

I'm not even certain that's the problem, but if your save is on the Cloud, you could always try moving it to your HDD or other USB device/mem unit and try your luck.
Waynimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Foyez5

Foyez5's Gamercard
Hey Waynimus,

I don't really use the cloud storage for my save files, so it's saved onto the console, i thought that it might have something to do with the memory cache so i did that. But again i'm still getting the same problem. It's getting annoying if this doesn't get resolved one way or another looks like i won't be able to finish this game.

This is the 3rd thats happened with a game to me the first one was Command and conquer, far cry 2 (when i had the old elite version). Now the first it's happened on a my slim 360.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey Waynimus,

I don't really use the cloud storage for my save files, so it's saved onto the console, i thought that it might have something to do with the memory cache so i did that. But again i'm still getting the same problem. It's getting annoying if this doesn't get resolved one way or another looks like i won't be able to finish this game.

This is the 3rd thats happened with a game to me the first one was Command and conquer, far cry 2 (when i had the old elite version). Now the first it's happened on a my slim 360.
Are you playing whilst connected to Xbox Live? I can't remeber if there was a patch for the game, but if there is you'll get it by playing online.

Can't think what else it could be. It's annoying though when it does crash, I had it happen in the Arcade mode as I was going for one of the achievements, and as I pressed B on an Ammo Box it locked up for me then - I was on a good streak as well so was not too pleased.
Waynimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Foyez5

Foyez5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynimus View Post
Are you playing whilst connected to Xbox Live? I can't remeber if there was a patch for the game, but if there is you'll get it by playing online.

Can't think what else it could be. It's annoying though when it does crash, I had it happen in the Arcade mode as I was going for one of the achievements, and as I pressed B on an Ammo Box it locked up for me then - I was on a good streak as well so was not too pleased.

Yeah i'm playing while connected to xbox live, haven't received any sort of patch or update getting very fustrated with this.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Cammulder

Cammulder's Gamercard
There's no update for the game, so my advice would be to just delete the game from your hard drive and re-download it from the marketplace. Sure you'll have to restart the story, but at least you'll be able to finish it.
Cammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
Tassie Tiger

TassieTigerDave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammulder View Post
There's no update for the game, so my advice would be to just delete the game from your hard drive and re-download it from the marketplace. Sure you'll have to restart the story, but at least you'll be able to finish it.
If you just delete then re-download the game file but keep the save game file, you should be able to start from your last checkpoint saved.

Tassie Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #9
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
There was a few times where it started lagging VERY badly. The second.. or third (not sure) time you go to the Observatory, and a bunch of taken come right before the car flies across and lands right beside you. It got really slow, but never froze on me.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimdalton View Post
There was a few times where it started lagging VERY badly. The second.. or third (not sure) time you go to the Observatory, and a bunch of taken come right before the car flies across and lands right beside you. It got really slow, but never froze on me.
same here...it laa...aaa.ggg...

Currently:
PS3: Soul Calibur V casual play as α Patroklos
- Mobbing up games for 100%, platinum -
sera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
nazhitsreallyhard

Prettiest EVER's Gamercard
Smile

I would have to say that this is an isolated problem. Try deleting the game and re-installing it. Keep the saved data though.

If that doesn't work then get in contact with Microsoft or Remedy customer service (if that at all is possible).
nazhitsreallyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
Gardelis 1985

Gardelis 1985's Gamercard
I only encountered freezes in the Ghost Town at Arcade Action...when the timer reaches about 3 minutes it's almost always freezing my system.

Remedy needs to release a patch for the game.
Gardelis 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardelis 1985 View Post
I only encountered freezes in the Ghost Town at Arcade Action...when the timer reaches about 3 minutes it's almost always freezing my system.

Remedy needs to release a patch for the game.
A recent article showed a $40,000 price tag for a patch. It won't happen.

As others have said, delete the game and re-download.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
Scott31815

Quote:
Hi everyone don't know if it's me but for reason that i don't know i'm trying to complete this one mission. Where you have to find a battery at the railroad tunnel, and for reason beyond me it keeps fucking freezing before i even leave the garage.

Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Thank you all.

I read on the Alan Wake forums that all you have to do is restart the chapter so I tried it and it worked. Thankfully, the game freezes pretty close to the beginning of the chapter so it doesn't set you back too bad.
Scott31815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
Foyez5

Foyez5's Gamercard
Hey everyone!,

Just wanted to say thank you for the advice you have given me i've clocked the game!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 AM   #16
kaoslord

trukaoslord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott31815 View Post
I read on the Alan Wake forums that all you have to do is restart the chapter so I tried it and it worked. Thankfully, the game freezes pretty close to the beginning of the chapter so it doesn't set you back too bad.
How do you restart the chapter, i have exactly the same problem in exactly the same place!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
Valdimier

Valdimier's Gamercard
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he means the chapter selection at the startscreen.
Valdimier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
Suedon70
Living the dream....

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Mine didn't start freezing up until the last trip to the drive-in, and it did it twice last night. Thank God it had saved my progress up til that point or I would've been pretty mad.

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #19
m00ney79

Send a message via AIM to m00ney79 Send a message via MSN to m00ney79 Send a message via Yahoo to m00ney79 Send a message via Skype™ to m00ney79

m00ney79's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott31815 View Post
Yeah, I had the same problem. Here is a link to the Remedy Forums pertaining to this issue (as you mentioned) http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=8083

I can confirm that this worked for me. Has to be done from main menu apparently (Didn't try otherwise). Only bad thing is you lose any guns/supplies you have collected so far. Not that bad though because you get things back pretty quickly and the bird enemies are easy.

(Retail 100%+)

COD2(1000/1000), COD4(1000/1000), Terminator Salvation(1000/1000), Silent Hill Homecoming (1000/1000), NBA 2K6(1000/1000), GUN(1000/1000), Saw(1000/1000), Clive Barker's Jericho(1000/1000), NFS:MW(1000/1000), Halo3(1725/1750), Fallout3(1370/1550), The Force Unleashed(1000/1000), AC:2(1000/1000), Alan Wake(1500/1500), Oblivion(1250/1250)

(Arcade 100%+)
Dash of Destruction(200/200), Worms(200/200), Uno (200/200)
m00ney79 is offline   Reply With Quote