PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Kung-Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 8/10
-Offline: 400
-Online: 0 (No online, co-op is offline only)
-Approximate amount of time to 400 10-20+hrs(depends very heavily on skill, with some luck)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1-2 (all levels are repeatable)
-Number of missable achievements: None, levels are repeatable
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? : Extra controller for Co-op

Introduction:
Kung Fu is a fighting game that puts you in control of General Loh, a man on a quest for revenge. The game basically plays out like a Jet Li movie, meets old school martial arts movies, with plenty of terra cotta soldier enemies, ninjas, monks, and everything in between. The story itself may not make a whole lot of sense, and in general you'll probably find yourself skipping the text sequences between levels so you can just get on with the action in each of the very brief, by highly repeatable levels.

First Playthrough
Your first play through should, of course, be spent fighting your way to the last level. However, you will most likely reach points you can't pass, even on the easiest difficulty, which is when you should go off and take some time to finish some of the other achievements. "Beginning" and "New Journey" come from just completing the campaign. "Air-Dancer" should be simple to achieve and probably one of your earliest achievements, if not on purpose, you'll at least get it on accident. You will also most likely finish "Breaker" for reaching 50 Critical Hits in either Singleplayer OR Multiplayer, there is a good spot to farm this, which you can take the time to do for some extra gold if you get stuck. "Enhancement" will certainly come once you obtain an item worth purchasing and equipping, which is highly beneficial when it comes to finishing the campaign and getting S ranks. "Shopper" will come naturally, as well, as you collect items and moves (both are dropped by enemies during the campaign), you will need to purchase them before you can use them. If you get stuck prior to finishing the campaign you can always go back and try to get "Ranker" and "Nirvana" by getting S ranks on your favorite levels to give you some gold in order to purchase upgrades you need to help you finish the game.

Second Playthrough (Other Difficulty):
Depending on your playstyle you could have either finished all of the cleanup achievements (primarily "Breaker", "Ranker", and "Nirvana") before finishing the campaign, or you gave up on them/didn't bother until you finished the campaign. This is when you'll want to go back through the levels and raise your score to try and go for S ranks. As far as achieving S ranks, harder difficulties give you more free points at the end of each level, while lower levels obviously make not taking damage, combos, and your time spent in the level easier to get good numbers in. It is entirely possible to get S ranks in every difficulty, given you have a handle on the controls of the game, and have good equipment and items/moves. Also, if you don't have "Ally" yet, you'll need to go back and farm for that item.

Co-Op:
"Skill Exchanging" can't be completed until after the campaign is finished, thus the co-op section is here. You can finish up "Challenge" at any point by plugging in a second controller (necessary for both co-op achievements) and joining your game with a second account. Once both controllers are setup, just plow through the first 8 levels on easy and you're done (must be 8 different levels).

General Tips (for Hard mode and S ranks):
-Hold + for the maximum amount of time to unleash a far more powerful Chi that is both more powerful and has a larger AoE
- Attacks where a ! is over the opponents head cannot be blocked, however you CAN charge and launch a Chi attack before the enemy attacks to stop them, while also doing critical damage.
-Opponents that turn red when attacking can also receive critical damage from a Chi attack
- Listen carefully to your opponents as they will pretty much always make some sort of sound before they begin to attack you, that's your queue to get ready to deflect (if you've seen any kung fu..ever, you'll know what sounds to expect)

Achievements:

Beginning -15
Clear the first 3 levels

Simply go through the first three levels of the campaign: Temple Gate, Break, and Zen Room. All three are available in the trial so this should be your first achievement after buying the game.

Enhancement - 10
Equip an item in the Item Store

You can get this pretty much immediately by heading to the Store from the level selection menu, and purchasing (and equipping) Herb of Life from the store for 1000 gold. I, however, waited until the Wonder Coat dropped from the purple ninja lady in level 9, and then I bought that for 2000gold.

Shopper - 30
Spend a total of 20,000 Gold on items and moves

Items: (Gold tip Click the before entering a mission to see bonus challenges you can complete for extra gold in a mission. You also receive a bonus the first time you complete a mission. Also, holding to attack an opponent until they are stunned makes them drop lots of gold.)
Note: Many of the items, and maybe even moves are random drops.

Moves:
Air Slide -1000g Received from the first "Boss".
Air Deflect - 2000g Received from "The Swordsman" in level 4.
Taichi Sweep - 3000g Received during the Ashuras level.
Max Health - 2000g
Max Health - 5000g Dropped, I found mine in level 13.
Max Health - 10000g Round 1
Max Chi - 4000g
Buddha Stamp - 5000g From Master Mo in level 8.
Shadow Flash - 3000g Dropped by the Tomb Master
Dragon Claw - 3000g I got this at the end of Sword Pair.
Low Kick - 500g Dropped in Fatal Chasing
Dragon Last - 3000g Dropped in Round 4 (that's the level name)
Dragon Rage - 10000g Dropped in level 2
Air Slide Lv2 - 5000g Dropped during Dragon Kick

Equipment:
Herb of Life - 1000g You start with this
Wonder Coat - 2000g Drops from purple Ninja Lady at the end of level 9
Wonder Coat Lv 2 - 5000g Dropped from the last boss, upgrades your Wonder Coat.
Deflect Wave - 2500g Dropped by the Shadow, in the level of the same name
Deflect Wave Lv2 - 5000g Dropped in Round 2.
Break Blaster - 1000g Dropped when repeating the first level (after about 7 times)
Break Blaster Lv 2 - 3000g Trials
Reflector - 1000g Dropped by the Tomb Master
Reflector - 3000g Dropped in The Guard level
Light Boots - 500g Level 2
Horn of Army - 10000g Dropped during Dragon Kick
Lighting Kick - 5000g Level 2

Last edited by Shiftie; 12-13-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1

New Journey - 50
Clear all campaign levels

Finish all 28 levels of the campaign in singleplayer or co-op on whatever difficulty you want. You can also switch difficulties as much as you want during the process.

Breaker - 30
Perform 50 "Critical Hits" in any mode.

You can get critical hits on enemies by hitting them really hard when they are either mid-swing with a powerful attack (red attack) or sometimes when they are knocked off balance (green) after you deflect. Obviously the best way to get this is to charge up you Chi attack ( + ) and hit them at their weakest moment. You'll know you got a crit if the screen turns red white and black. You have to get 50 overall and you should be able to get this by, or soon after you complete the campaign.

A great level to get a lot of critical hits on is level 5 where the sumo guys jump into the air to do ground slam attacks while chi refill items constantly respawn in the middle of the map. Hit them with your Chi attack while they're in mid air for a very easy crit. You can very easily crit everyone in the level, for a quick 20+ crits! The achievement will pop as you exit the level and reach the stats screen. You can repeat this in either coop OR singleplayer to get the achievement quickly, as the description roughly points out, your total crits does not crossover between single and multiplayer.

Skill Exchanging -15
Play V.S. mode once

In order to unlock V.S. mode (Player vs. Player mode) in the multiplayer menu, you must first complete the campaign once. After that, log in a 2nd controller and fight yourself or a friend. You don't need to win or anything, just play one game until one play has won and the other has lost ( you can even lower your opponents health in the V.S. menu if you really want to speed things up..it'll save about 3 seconds)

Challenge - 40
Clear 8 levels in Co-op Campaign

It is important to note that this requires you to complete 8 DIFFERENT levels in co-op. Luckily, you can play both controllers (offline only), and you can set the game to easy. Even on easy, though, it can be tough if you aren't watching both characters on the harder levels as one character dying means failure! To avoid this, just switch between controllers when one person is about to die and kill some enemies with them to get some health and Chi. Overall this is a pretty simple achievement and should only take about 2 minutes per level (so 16-17 total). It's nice to note that gold you get in co-op carries over to the main campaign, so perhaps doing this after you clear the first 8 lvls solo might be beneficial for you.

Air-Dancer - 10
Use a Chi Move in mid-air

Fill up your Chi Bar by attacking foes, once + appears on the bottom left of your screen, jump into the air by tapping and immediately tap and simultaneously to use your Chi Attack in mid-air, and net this achievement.

Ally - 70
Summon Giant Guard once

Once you get the Giant Guard which is an ally item that can be dropped by enemies later in the game, head to the "Army" tab in the pre-level menu and deselect all the units you have that aren't Giant Guard so you don't accidentally summon them. Once you've done that, start up any level you want and kill enemies until a horn item drops, which will then allow you to hold to summon the Giant Guard to your side, and give you this achievement.

Last edited by Shiftie; 01-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Shiftie

Ranker -30
Get 3 "S" ranks

See "Nirvana".

Nirvana - 80
Get 20 "S" ranks

You must get an S rank on 3/20 DIFFERENT levels, not 3 on your favorite level (1 for each difficulty).

The Circle of Lotus (on Hard) - 60 Combo. 59 seconds. 3259 points.
I received my first "S" rank fighting Master Mo in Level 8 on Hard. Once you get the hang of the fight it is surprisingly simple, just hold until he does one of his attacks; one of which is a pull back and punch forward attack where he spins his arms around as he moves back, you only need to tap once for that. Another one is a sort of arm helicopter where he'll wind up briefly and then start spinning into the air, just keep tapping for that one. He does another forward punch similar his first move, but without the arm spinning, which is probably his quickest and least used move. Finally, he will use a ground stomp AoE that you MUST dodge by pulling the when you see the ! over his head. Once he reaches 50-60% hp and he spawn 2 black circles on the ground that you cannot stop in, otherwise he'll kick the crap out of you, so keep comboing him up by holding and jumping over him when one of the circles comes to close. The entire duration of the fight, be sure to HOLD and when you can use your Chi attack, especially when he is about to attack (his first attack and AoE attack are great places to use this.).

Sword Pair (on Easy) - 3104 points.
This is the second level in the ninja section of the game, and will take place on a rooftop where you must find wave after wave of ninjas (including clones of the ninja boss you killed a few levels ago). I did this on Easy, and all you really need to do on that difficulty is keep attacking and whenever you see a volley of shurikens/throwing knives coming toward you, spam to deflect them back at the ninjas. All of the harder enemies, the ones with healthbars, are VERY easily elimated with a critical hit, which was also incredibly easy for me to get (maybe luck), and each critical hit one shot every one of the enemies with health bars at the top of the screen aside from the ninja boss clones at the end of the level, which took two shots (they stood in a group once they split so I hit all 4 of them at once.) If you have trouble on this, get some deflection skills, or just simply practice the level a bit, it's pretty straightforward and really just a button mashing fest.

Break (on Hard) - 3568 pts, 2 Crits, 150 combo, 1 min, 0 damage. (Either Time or Damage are key)
This one took quite a bit of practice to perfect but some things to note is that you want to absolutely UNLOAD on the Monk boss you fight at the beginning of the level. Hold nonstop and once an pops up over his head be ready to tap , since that is generally what follows and missing that can cost you time and health. If you manage to stun him (stars over his head), he often comes out of this and goes straight into one of his power attacks, one being an almost immediate uppercut that will most likely deal damage to you, and the other is a slower attack that you can beat with your Chi or just block/dodge (Chi=time saver). After some practice you should down him in one single combo.
Once he is dead, 4 regular monks will spawn on either side of the area to fight you, immediately grab the horn the boss monk dropped (if it didn't drop, you may be out of luck time wise) and immediately summon your most powerful ally, shut off your weaker ones prior to battle if necessary. In my last few attempts I was lucky enough to have the super epic Swordsman ally, which I got from this level while trying for this S rank, and he dominated 2-3 of the monks each time.

After watching how my stats change the score it seems that time > damage > combo in order of importance, I'm not sure how critical stacked up but I generally only got one during the level so that may have helped too. Flow like water and you should have this in no time.

Duo - 20
Clear a level in the co-op campaign.

You can either plug in a second controller and play by yourself, with a friend or play online with someone else who has this game. Either way, all you need to do is finish any of the campaign's levels while both players are in the game.

Last edited by Shiftie; 01-03-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Shiftie

Reserved..not sure what I'm gonna do with the S ranks so just in case..
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Looking good. Only 12 achievements to get 400 points, though it looks like it will be a good amount of time spent with this title.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
Wow man, only 5/10 ? Makes me feel like a beginner...

Got the game yesterday because the trial levels made were fun as hell, but the later levels actually make Ninja Gaiden look like a cakewalk (to me, personally.)

I haven't replayed any section yet so more upgrades could possibly mean less problems, but I don't see how the upgrades that I still miss would make this game any easier.

I'm currently stuck on the third level that you start poisoned, right where that Mr. Miyagi guy fights by your side. I know that you must counter in order to gain some life back, but theres way too much happening on the screen to make that doable....this game is hard as hell imho, at least a 9/10 for me at the moment.
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Shiftie

Ya, I may have to change the 5/10 tbh, it's really just a placeholder for the time being.

While I think the score is pretty accurate for just finishing the campaign, some of the S ranks are definitely going to boost that up a bit (granted, not ALL of the S ranks, but some of them will definitely suck). From what I've experienced in the game I'd say it resembles the Arkham Asylum/City combat system (on the highest difficulty), where you really need to be watching your opponents, and also understand how they attack so you can time the deflecting/dodging.

Let me know what you guys think about the difficulty though, cause that 5/10 will probably be going up a point or two
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
EchoPark

Send a message via MSN to EchoPark

EchoPark's Gamercard
Yea i'm in the same boat, I like to think am no bad at games but this is kickin me in the ass left to right. And i seen some guys further on than me and it just looks solid. I admit am lazy with the dash and block but still even on easy i've had some problems so i'm gonna go bk and re do some of the levels i've done and hopefully get some better stuff.

100% XBLA: 11
Latest: Minecraft
Working On: Choplifter

100% WP7: 8
Latest: Feed Me Oil
Working On: Angry Birds
EchoPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
MM2313

Metamania2313's Gamercard
One of the best moves in the game, in my opinion, is the Dragon Claw. You'll earn this from the Tomb Master after you defeat him. You get an enemy into the air and hit them for a lot of damage while regaining some health back. It's useful for any of the levels you play, no matter what difficulty you set it on.
MM2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Rums
Banned User

I may have to take this one on the chin; 20 S ranks seems a bit above my pay grade. Whatevs

edit: Maybe not, I unlocked 3 this morning. Sweet!

Last edited by Rums; 09-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Rums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
FearOfTomorrow

FearOfTomorrow's Gamercard
Any information regarding whether you can get the 3 S rank achievement by doing all 3 difficulties on one level, hit me up. As far as I know you cannot get it this way, and both achievements require 3/20 different levels with an S rank.

I got S rank on all 3 difficulties on the 1st lvl. and didn't get the ach.
FearOfTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #12
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfTomorrow View Post
Any information regarding whether you can get the 3 S rank achievement by doing all 3 difficulties on one level, hit me up. As far as I know you cannot get it this way, and both achievements require 3/20 different levels with an S rank.

Thought so, thanks for confirming.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfTomorrow View Post

Nice. The game is hard like hell and in addition to that the achievements are glitches. Oh man...

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homaz View Post
Nice. The game is hard like hell and in addition to that the achievements are glitches. Oh man...
Well, that's not really a glitch, it was just a misconception that it would register 3 S ranks per level (1 per difficulty).
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #15
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Kung-Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote