PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Was ELITE worth it?
NO 66 66.67%
YES 33 33.33%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Was ELITE worth it?

so, with all of the content released for modern warfare 3, do you think you got your moneys worth for it???

Personally, i think it was a complete waste of money, they promised us clans and clan operations, clans were late and clan operations diddnt even start until February. the content calendar was incorrect, saying we would get 2 new game modes when we only got 1 (and really, you cant call it a 'game mode' when its only available on a few maps)

most of the weapon statistics are wrong on call of duty elite, such as saying i have 500 kills with the pkp pecheneg when i have 505. you cant view killstreak statistics, how many killstreaks you called in, how kills you had with them, how many times you died by them, when you can do all of that in black ops playercard which is free.

they say you 'save money' when content collection 2 was on sale a few weeks after it had been released along with collection 1. thats 1200 for collection 1 and 2, maybe collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month, so you could end up getting all content collections for 2400msp when if you bought elite it would be 4000 so what is that spare 1600msp going to do, get you a weapon camo? a title and emblem?

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:

Last edited by JORDAN K 95; 09-06-2012 at 11:46 AM.
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Shadow MC

Shadow MC's Gamercard
I agree with everything you stated about Call of Duty Elite. It was a complete let down and I regret buying a subscription for it.
Shadow MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
mbeastall

BWFC Mick1's Gamercard
Completely agree as well and I will not be renewing my subscription.
mbeastall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
I felt it was worth it as I got it as part of the hardened edition - if I'd had to buy it separately though, probably not
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
If the maps weren't complete shit, then I would say it's worth it. I had fun with the clan stuff but the DLC maps are some of the worst maps I've ever played. If they had been up to par with Black Ops and WaW DLC, then it would have been totally worth it.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #6
SilentStrike011

No, I'm glad I didn't buy it, had a look through a friends and there was never anything good on it.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
If you planned 100% buying all the DLC then of course it was more than worth the price if you were not going to them it probably wasnt
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #8
BR247

BR247's Gamercard
I bought the Hardened, so yes it was worth it. But buying elite separately wouldn't be worth it. Half the maps were only for Faceoff, which was fucking lame. And the others sucked ass. The only decent maps were the newest ones (Sept drop), Oasis, Foundation, and Liberation. I never tried the clan stuff, because it was so fucking broken the first ~3 months.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
It depends on the person. If you are really into the game and always buy the dlc, then yes. If not, the DLC seemed to go on sale pretty quick so it may not have been worth it.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #10
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I didn't buy it... I didn't get any of the dlc is I thought there was no point in getting it.....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #11
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

if i get elite do i still get the dlc
Old 09-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #12
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yes. I thought Elite Premium was worth it. I very rarely use Elite itself but it was worth it just for the DLC alone. They delivered on what they said they would do and the DLC was all pretty decent from the MP Maps to the Spec Ops. The only thing that was a disappointment for me is that they give us Face Off (Which is cool) but they tied Maps to that game type and included them apart of the content drops which I thought was a little bit of a cop out.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
RecklessMatten

RecklessMatten's Gamercard
I didn't buy elite but did buy all the map packs so I kind of regret not getting it, but I am going to wait for details on Elite 2.0 before I consider getting it for Black Ops 2
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
if i get elite do i still get the dlc
yes

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
If you planned 100% buying all the DLC then of course it was more than worth the price if you were not going to them it probably wasnt
not exactly, because:
Quote:
they say you 'save money' when content collection 2 was on sale a few weeks after it had been released along with collection 1. thats 1200 for collection 1 and 2, maybe collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month, so you could end up getting all content collections for 2400msp when if you bought elite it would be 4000 so what is that spare 1600msp going to do, get you a weapon camo? a title and emblem?

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
for me no it wasnt;

1. seeing MW3 content go on sale for 1/2 price within 2 months and before black ops ever had a sale was a smack in the face
2. elite itself is still to this day full of bugs and errors on console, web and phone
3. clan ops took far too long to implement and has not delivered at all in a competetive sense
4. elite isnt integrated into the game which means you have to quit the game to stat track = retarded
5. beachead support is very slow and none existant
6. clan challenges are still in BETA
7. it hasnt worked out cheaper to buy elite over the content drops

and above all else the only thing worth paying for was early access to the maps but after all the broken promises, pathetic support (infinity ward never knew what was going on with beach head and vice versa) and issues its had, paying for early access is just not a valid enough reason to justify 35
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
driftersamurai

transwarpedcats's Gamercard
i think for there first attempt it was ok but really it wasnt worth th 50 but treyach is doing alot of stuff that will add more to elite just with in the game itself so i think when blops2 comes out it will be more worth it but iw didnt do enough with in game featurse to make it worth it
driftersamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #18
AubreytheConquerer

For me it was. made the DLC getting simple and quick for me.
AubreytheConquerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
not exactly, because:

just because it went on a small sale months later doesnt mean the deal wasnt good. If you love the series especially the multi then you are buying the DLC as soon as its available so again, It would have been absolutley worth it if you were planning to buy the DLC anyway
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #20
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

I got Terminal for free. I didn't even need Elite. I'm more than happy enough with this one map than 10 other maps I probably couldn't care less for.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #21
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
From a price point, Elite for MW3 was fine. It saved you money in the long run if you planned on getting all of the DLC and you received it sooner. My problem was I ended up hating the game by January so I never played past the first DLC and barely that. I rented the game at some point just to look at the maps and get a couple easy achievements for Spec-Ops. I'll be holding off on Elite for Black Ops II to make sure I'm still playing it by the time the first map pack drops. If I am, I'll buy it then. We know it's not going anywhere, so what's the rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
I felt it was worth it as I got it as part of the hardened edition - if I'd had to buy it separately though, probably not
It's almost a year later and people are still saying this. You do realize that the Hardened Edition was forty dollars more than the standard edition, right? So you DID pay for it, you may have saved ten dollars but you still paid for it.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-08-2012 at 01:12 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #22
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
just because it went on a small sale months later doesnt mean the deal wasnt good. If you love the series especially the multi then you are buying the DLC as soon as its available so again, It would have been absolutley worth it if you were planning to buy the DLC anyway
i personally dont call half price a small sale, i call that a huge sale, my guess it content collection 3 and 4 will be on sale next month (half price) meaning it was possible to purchase all dlc for 2400msp

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #23
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
I got Terminal for free. I didn't even need Elite. I'm more than happy enough with this one map than 10 other maps I probably couldn't care less for.
I hate terminal. There is no map with worse spawns than that one in this game.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #24
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I hate terminal. There is no map with worse spawns than that one in this game.
I personally love Terminal, i play KC & the spawns are near perfect, much better than MW3's claustrophobic maps, maybe their diff in diff game types but for me in KC their near perfect apart from the odd bad spawn but no where near as frequently bad as MW3's maps.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
Polizei

Personally hated myself after I bought it. Waste of money, there not getting my money again!
Polizei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
I personally love Terminal, i play KC & the spawns are near perfect, much better than MW3's claustrophobic maps, maybe their diff in diff game types but for me in KC their near perfect apart from the odd bad spawn but no where near as frequently bad as MW3's maps.
To each his own. But some games I will pull a 10.0 and call in a 2 Ass Clappers. Other games I can't leave the damn security area because the shitty spawns won't flip.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
I got the Hardened edition but would not have bothered with Elite if I knew beforehand how many of the content drops would be spec ops or face off maps (I dont like either)

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #28
fastNcurious

I'm too lazy to search through my old posts, but to those of you who were dissatisfied with Elite, having read your reasons, I am glad I didn't get Elite and I just want to say: I told you so.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #29
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Definitely not 4000 points. They could of just had a season pass for 2400 or something along those lines.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #30
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
it was a good investment... idea.
it saved money than if you'd bought dlc as soon as it was released, and you got early access to maps.

the content however wasnt all good quality. i would have prefered less spec ops and more maps. face off ones were a nice idea, but 3 months of 1v1 maps was overkill.
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote