PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
crazzyguy89

Master and Commander

Ok, so i've read pretty much every guide on here and surfed the web and have a pretty good understanding of how to acquire this achievement. In order for it to unlock, you must have an Effective military strength of over 4000. Currently my Total Military Score is 7384 and My readiness rating is 98% giving me an EMS of 7236. I used a guide to help me search every system for war assets and I've also followed a guide to complete just about every side quest. However, my achievement will still not unlock when I attempt to take the illusive mans base. Is there something I'm not aware of? I even downloaded the extended cut dlc to lower the required minimum of the EMS. In addition to that, I tried beating the game and and having it reload me right before the mission to see if a second attempt would work and it still has not. WTF is going on?
crazzyguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Try clearing the Xbox cache first and foremost.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
crazzyguy89

After all my frustration and tediousness, that did the job. Right under my nose the whole time. Thank you!
crazzyguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzyguy89 View Post
After all my frustration and tediousness, that did the job. Right under my nose the whole time. Thank you!
Glad it worked!

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Oreh

OlPaladin's Gamercard
Have the same problem. Score is over 7000. Finished the game, no Master and Commander achievement. I've also cleared the xbox cache, and then did went to the Cerberus base and started that mission. Got on the base and in the first firefight over and over. Still no achievement.

Doing another playthrough to try that. Anyone have another idea?
Oreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreh View Post
Have the same problem. Score is over 7000. Finished the game, no Master and Commander achievement. I've also cleared the xbox cache, and then did went to the Cerberus base and started that mission. Got on the base and in the first firefight over and over. Still no achievement.

Doing another playthrough to try that. Anyone have another idea?
You tried the cache thing? Maybe try reinstalling, if it's installed. Not sure it'll do anything, but it couldn't hurt, really.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
ranja

ranjaaa7x's Gamercard
GRRR! I'm having the same problem! TMS is 7157 and Galactic Readiness is 100%. Started the Cerberus mission and it never unlocked... played through it and it still didn't. Luckily, I still have a load just prior to starting but I've tried several times to reload the assault on the base but still nothing. I've tried clearing Xbox Cache... Sigh! Now I'm hesitant to play the final Earth mission... Will I still get the perfect ending if this achievement hasn't triggered? I'm concerned it won't recognize how high my EMS is. Anyone have ANY idea why this achievement won't unlock?
ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
PhoenixWolfCub

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is probably a stupid question, but both of you are playing through to the decision (3 choices) at the end correct? From what I got out of your post it just sounded like you were playing the Cerberus mission over and over. This achievement pops if you make your choice at the end and have the required war assets.

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
Oreh

OlPaladin's Gamercard
Just finished Mass Effect 3 for the second time from start to finish...even let the credits play. First time EMS was over 7000, did the synergy ending. Cleared the cache. This time my EMS was between 5000 and 6000, did the destroy ending. No Master and Commander achievement. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Oreh; 09-21-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
Peplow

peplowsoldier's Gamercard
Phoenix are u sure it pops at that bit because I've searched through the Web and your the only one that says it doesn't pop at the Cerberus mission, btw having same problem over 7k for both military strength, I'm wondering wether to delete the dlcs cause it's only been recent people are having trouble unlocking it
Peplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolfCub View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but both of you are playing through to the decision (3 choices) at the end correct? From what I got out of your post it just sounded like you were playing the Cerberus mission over and over. This achievement pops if you make your choice at the end and have the required war assets.
It unlocks during the cutscene when you assault the Illusive Man's base.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Peplow

peplowsoldier's Gamercard
Ok I got the achievement I had to download the free dlc something called extended ending 1.6gig or something like that and achievement poped after admiral hacket scene
Peplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Oreh

OlPaladin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peplow View Post
Ok I got the achievement I had to download the free dlc something called extended ending 1.6gig or something like that and achievement poped after admiral hacket scene
Did you play a new character, or load a previous game you'd finished?

Peplow, thanks! That worked for me too. I used the save file from my first playthough.

Last edited by Oreh; 09-25-2012 at 01:31 AM.