PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Pinball FX 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
SandpiperN121PP

Sandpiper121PP's Gamercard
Epic Quest Table Achievements

Does anybody know where all 12 monsters are on this table. If I count right... you get four of them from the upper left flipper that sends you to the right side theatre (4 there) and then I know when you lock the ball (kinda forgot where) you get to choose from 4 different ones there. Where are the other 4 and also does anyone know if this has to be done in one playthru or is it a combonation from multiple games on this table?
SandpiperN121PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Shabba
Banned User

I just did this table, I broke it yesterday having bought the table the day before. I now have to say it is one of my favourite tables on here, very fun.

12 monsters = x4 in the Haunted Forest the bumpers in the middle: the Ent, the Wolf, the Bandit, the Orge. x4 in the Mill the area on the far right which also contains the magic scrolls: the Ghost, the Vampire, the Rat, the Skeleton. x4 in the Cave a sinkhole below the mill on the right, below the right ramp fast lane: the Goblin, the Troll, the Spider, the Imp.

The Cave is the area you must be missing. The Cave is a sink-hole on the far right under the Mill just below the fast right side ramp. It is a hard shot to make, which requires you to shoot the sinkhole twice before fighting the monsters within. It when shot at once normally provides you with a random epic item. The Cave shot requires you to hold the ball on the left flipper and then make the shot near the very tip of the flipper. Try doing this shot when a Ball-Save is active, as if you miss the sinkhole, the ball can bounce back very quickly often losing the ball. You can sometimes acquire a random monster through travelling, which is just by making different shots on the table. This isn't a guarantee to getting specific creatures, but often helps with progress.

When spelling the word Smash. Then after killing enough of the Bats it provides you with the Vampire, or Ghost creatures unlocked. The two ball, Skeleton encounter if after killing plenty of Skeletons, this fight then provides you with the Skeleton creature unlocked.

This has to be down on 1 playthrough. After having killed all 12 creatures it unlocks the Dragon. Which you need to shoot the sinkhole below the Haunted Forest which is also the shop. Kill the Dragon and congrats, 50 million score. The table now resets with the monsters getting stronger.

This table is very fun and easy after completing every creature fight try to unlock the Extra-Ball through going to see the Princess on the very left by shooting the parry ramp. Using her wheel to get this feature then starting the jackpot, multiball mode. Afterwards collecting the Extra-Ball at the Mill. I broke this table on ball one, though sadly afterwards I lost my concentration for the next two balls, having completed it.

Last edited by Shabba; 09-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Shabba
Banned User

Though the above is only for getting the achievement. To break the Mega 1k Million score mark a different strategy is required.

Which would be to get BallSaves from hitting the Smash Target a few times. Get ExtraBall via killing Skeletons in the Skeleton Multiball Mode and also Killing Bats by spelling the word Bats from shooting the Sheild/Parry ramp. If you kill enough of these monsters you get an ExtraBall awarded which normally requires you to shoot the Mill and collect. You can have x2 ExtraBall per Ball stacked at one time.

The idea is to fight the same creature when visting the Milll or Haunted forest simply beacuse after winning every fight you shoot the Sheild/Parry ramp and vist the Princess and start Jackpot Mode. Jackpot mode starts after loading x3 balls onto her wheel and completing x3 monster fights. It can also be started by releasing the ball onto her wheel and getting instant Multiball which is pointless. When releasing the Ball onto her wheel aim for the Jackpots or if you are confident and can make the Super Jackpot shots then get them aswell. This mode gains massive scores if you can control all 3 balls. Normally I drain one and focus the other 2 on the jackpot ramps, they are easier to control with 2.

The Skeletons and Bats encouters gain good exp and scores millions. Just keep focusing on fighting them while trying to get the ball if possible into the Cave to clear those creatures. Continously kill the same monster at the MILL and Forest to enter Princess Jackpot mode. You should see massive scores like this. Remembering that the Smash Target after shooting a few times grants a BallSave, and the Skeletons and Bats if after killing many give an ExtraBall.

Happy Scoring

Last edited by Shabba; 09-15-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
SandpiperN121PP

Thank you so much for the info! I so love this table and am going to try my best to get this last achievement on it... but it will always be a must play for me whenever I play pinball. Again... Thank You for the awesome walkthru on how to get this achievement!
Old 09-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is this a new table? I haven't played this in about a week. The last new one I saw was the Plants & Zombies.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
SandpiperN121PP

I am not sure when it came out but it was before Plants vs. Zombies. It is a fantastic table! Check it out!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Shabba
Banned User

I found the ultimate glitch for this table although the probability of duplicating it is almost 0%.

In Princess Jackpot Multiball mode if all 2 balls travel out onto a kickback simultaneously and then you knock the 3rd ball out the same side as the kickback is being used 1 ball will get stuck on the kickback, and it won't pop back onto the table. This ball will just continously bounce up and down upto the letter S of the word smash and back onto the kickback. Drain your a ball and shoot the Jackpots endlessly with the remianing ball on the table as the other ball is stuck. I did this on the left Kickback when this happened. Another glitch is, if you travel when the Bats encouter is occuring and you get a creature rewarded the Bats remain as you fight this creature.

I bought the table with other tables on thursday borke all its achievements the same day, think this table was released sometime this year. I made 1,350,000 score today. Annoyed only my superscore saved, Live disconneted when playing. I reconnected, at the menu to check the leaderboards my score wasn't saved. It is a great table though after 2.30 hours playing that one game my hands are very sore...

Last edited by Shabba; 09-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.