PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Armored Kill
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
General Impressions

I've played it for a few hours and here are my thoughts so far:

- Tank Superiority should have been called Tank Destroyer Superiority instead. There's only one or two actual tanks per team, and the rest is all tank destroyers. Game mode is alot of fun, but winning seems to come down to whoever captures the target first seems to win, it's very hard to counter attack if the enemy gets dug in

- Rush is ridiculously stacked against the defender, as the attackers get a free AC130, and they can pound to M-coms and paricute into your ass. Fly the jet here is a blast, the gunship seems to have no real defense from the air

- Mobile artillery is incredibly powerful but I've have no clue how to aim it properly. The armour it has seems the same as a humvee, I've only seen it in conquest

- The AC130 has a learning curve, you have to lead your shots by alot

- Most of the conquest maps have mobile AA, which is a pleasant surprise

- I'm not sure how the farm map in conquest is supposed to be fair, the Russians get two free scout helis. This could be a good map to kill helis with rocket launchers, since people here tend to fly dumb and try to capure controls points in the heli

- I shot down a A10 with a tank destroyers main gun

- I've seen surprisingly few wookiees so far, I'd expect this to change soon though
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I only have one opinion about AK:

It fucking sucks.

The ONLY fun part about it is riding Quadbikes and getting roadkills.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I definitely prefer the other two DLC's over this, I don't why this isn't all that I expected but tbh I've always been infantry type player anyway, the maps are fun in Rush though.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Have played mostly conquest so far.The maps are really all about Air warfare.The Jets are really fun to use on these maps since there is so much things to shoot in the sky.Love taking down the AC130.On the ground so far it is pretty boring imo,since there is so many people in the sky,all there is to do is cap flags.Also I much preferred the quads in BC2,they handled much better imo however its still really fun to get huge air on that desert map.Cant wait for dirt-bikes now.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
ChickenMcBastrd

Zombie Jesus 83's Gamercard
I'm having mixed emotions about it. Tank Superiority seems like "Call of Duty: Tanks." Spawn, drive to field, get a couple kills, die. Repeat.

I find the AC130 to be largely useless. It seems like it has an average lifespan of 20 seconds or so. Jets instantly engage it and unless they are in range of the 130's AA gun it doesn't take long to down it.

I question whether people will actually use the mobile artillery once they get the achievements and the service star. I got my 10 kills in it and gladly walked away.

Right now I'd give it a 3/5. The pace of fighting seems to have quickened and leaves large gaps of traveling between firefights. The AC130 is underwhelming and I don't see the point of mobile artillery. It's way too easy for jets and choppers to take it out.

I am slightly jaded though. I have a 1.7 w/l ratio and have gone 3-12 today. Perhaps it will be better when I can actually play with my friends and not randoms.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
- Mobile artillery is incredibly powerful but I've have no clue how to aim it properly. The armour it has seems the same as a humvee, I've only seen it in conquest

yeah it like shoot once see where it lands adjust, shoot again, adjust. and hopefully the think you are shooting it at doesnt move.

hmmm i havent tried rush on the new maps.

i havent gotten a kill with a gunship yet. havent been in one much though.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
Its AWESOME! Amazing big maps with lots of vehicles. Real Battlefield feeling

Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
DanDanMuffinMan

In my opinion i think the maps are great but they just don't translate well to console due to the fact that we are maxed out at 24 players and there seems to be a lack of anything going on majority of the time
DanDanMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Big maps = boring on Console. The matches take FOREVER to get through. It doesn't help the admin likes to kick people after 20+ min of gameplay. I remember why I stopped playing this game in the first place.

If I can get on jackass-free-admin servers, this maybe a bit more fun.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #10
ChickenMcBastrd

Zombie Jesus 83's Gamercard
I would like to amend my earlier comments. I find the mobile artillery to be a hell of an AA turret once you unlock the AA missiles. It's good for harassing anything in the sky. I found myself killing 3x as fast as an anti aircraft emplacement than I did providing artillery support.

I'm still not sold on Tank Superiority. Maybe I just don't like the Kill. Rinse. Repeat. formula. It may grow on me yet.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
AK is a snoozefest at best. The maps are too large and there are too few players to make it worth playing. It doesn't help that you have half of your team in the air at all times, leaving nobody on the ground to actually win the game. I'm going to snag the achievements real quick and then give this the Close Quarters/B2K treatment, which is to say I shan't be playing it again.

*ZzzzZZZzzZzzzzZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzz*

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #12
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I'm normally an infantry-only player, but after Close Quarters came out, I found myself getting angrier at the game.

AK has been a relatively relaxing experience for me thus far.

Let me put it this way: I'm actually looking forward to hopping online and playing some BF3 tonight. I haven't felt this way about the game in a good 6 months.

I'm sure this "honeymoon" phase will go away soon. But for now... I'm enjoying the maps.

Also, to anyone saying that it's boring... stop playing Conquest. Play Rush instead. Trust me on this... as far as consoles go, Rush is the best gametype to play on AK maps.

Read them.... apply them.

Last edited by Skillet; 09-12-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #13
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Also, to anyone saying that it's boring... stop playing Conquest. Play Rush instead. Trust me on this... as far as consoles go, Rush is the best gametype to play on AK maps.
I'll give Rush a whirl, but my general experience with Rush has been frustrating at best, due to idiot teammates who don't understand the purpose of the game.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #14
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
I gave Rush a go to rack up some Gunship kills. So far, the teams are far too concerned with the Gunship than they are with objectives. At least half the defenders are trying to shoot the Gunship while half the attackers are waiting in the lobby to spawn in the Gunship.
I'm sure that will calm down in a day or two but flare up again when the non-premium players come in.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #15
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priit3 View Post
Its AWESOME! Amazing big maps with lots of vehicles. Real Battlefield feeling
Hell-YES. I love it so far and I have only played 3 maps. Achievements and Assignments are really easy, which is my only gripe. I have yet to play Tank Superiority but I was not excited about it in the first place so my hopes won't be crushed if it sucks.

This is the DLC I have been waiting for and I am happy I waited, it was well worth the wait.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #16
BowManHomie

Send a message via Skype™ to BowManHomie

BowManHomie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post

It fucking sucks.

agreed quad and desert map hitting them dunes and gettin air
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
Stickman400

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post

It fucking sucks.

x3 Getting the achievements and assingments done and going back to CQ so I can get alot of kills very quickly while bitching about how laggy this game is.

Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
- Tank Superiority should have been called Tank Destroyer Superiority instead. There's only one or two actual tanks per team, and the rest is all tank destroyers. Game mode is alot of fun, but winning seems to come down to whoever captures the target first seems to win, it's very hard to counter attack if the enemy gets dug in

- Rush is ridiculously stacked against the defender, as the attackers get a free AC130, and they can pound to M-coms and paricute into your ass. Fly the jet here is a blast, the gunship seems to have no real defense from the air

- The AC130 has a learning curve, you have to lead your shots by alot

- Most of the conquest maps have mobile AA, which is a pleasant surprise

- I'm not sure how the farm map [Armoured Shield] in conquest is supposed to be fair, the Russians get two free scout helis. This could be a good map to kill helis with rocket launchers, since people here tend to fly dumb and try to capure controls points in the heli

- I shot down a A10 with a tank destroyers main gun

- I've seen surprisingly few wookiees so far, I'd expect this to change soon though
TS is BS! I'm going to get the medal then not play it again. There should at least be a surplus of tanks/destroyers in deployment so you're not sitting around in deployment, bored off your ass waiting for a respawn.

I haven't liked Rush in BF3 nearly as much as I did in BFBC2. It doesn't have the same feel to it.

Mobile Artillery, can someone give me pointers and how I can so much as hit something with this thing?! haha

The AC130 is a riot but its weak as hell (armour-wise).

I love mobile AA. First game - on Armoured Shield which, yes, is horrible for the Russians - had me in an LAV-AD just destroying everything that got airborne.

I've taken out two jets with tank shells in the past two days. One was a game of Rush on Caspian with WOLFkraut in my gunner seat, our jet was in pursuit but I just knocked it out the sky. Yesterday a friend had both enemy jets on him and I just fired at them for the heck of it, then 2-3 seconds later I got the kill when the shell actually reached that side of the map! Hahaha!

I've seen 2. One on Conquest with a SOFLAM set up. Another in TS.
What. The Actual. Fuck?

My general thoughts so far: new vehicles and maps are awesome, TS and Rush are crap!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
I love mobile AA. First game - on Armoured Shield which, yes, is horrible for the Russians - had me in an LAV-AD just destroying everything that got airborne.
There really isn't a point in flying anything in AK. As soon as you get airborne, you are targeted immediately and with stationary AA in spawn, mobile AA, and everybody and their brother using the IGLA/Stingers again, you are better off just walking. (Not to mention that Flares/Jammer countermeasures are useless now...)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Meh, it's okay and I don't mind Conquest but being anything other than engineer on these maps is virtually pointless. Even recon with the soflam, that red laser draws too much attention and gets destroyed within seconds.

Love the look of the new maps though, they're pretty gorgeous.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Love the look of the new maps though, they're pretty gorgeous.
Unfortunately, gorgeous looks don't = fun play. No bueno.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
secretkaos187

secretkaos187's Gamercard
As much as I hate to say it,They are too big for the console IMO. But, well crafted and beautiful. I also enjoy the easter eggs.
secretkaos187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
IMO too boring, maps are too big for too little players, you only have fun being in the air, and when all vehicles are taken from your deployment it takes far too long to reach the nearest flag on foot. i was bored as hell until i got into a chopper with a decent pilot (for the first time EVER) and managed to rack up some kills then i started having fun.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
sorrow313

UEG Sorrow313's Gamercard
the only thing i like is the rocket quad bike and by that i mean get max speed go off a lip or small jump have it aim down and eject and watch it bullet into ur enemys XD
sorrow313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #25
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
the new vehicles are nice but it's too boring. at least, i've got all achievements for it

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #26
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I don't think the fact that the maps are too big for consoles matters if you play Rush, things are at a change here and moving throughout each part of the map is so much better. I always play Conquest but not feeling it on these maps. I also find myself not getting into the Gunship even when it's available because I just can't be fucked.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
First impression was BAD!
This game sucks without a squad/friends.

Played TS. Fucking randoms just hopping in tanks, alone, driving to the outside of the objective, then bailing out and leaving the the tank sit. IDK how we won the second game, honestly.
Got my achievement and bailed.

Switched to Rush. The gunship is a joke. My team was actually taking that POS down. No one pushing objective. I spawned into the game to go disarm B while 3 teammates just stood around the building watching it almost explode.
My main complaint in this game was spawn camping. Guy spawn camped us for the last half of the match. Took my tags twice (got his once), and I watched him take 3 other players in my killcams.

I think my major problem was randoms. Most just running around chaotic like and going nowhere. When will people learn BF is a TEAM based game.

Plan on playing again Friday evening. Get some of that double XP. I'll try and squad up with some of you here if your on. No more lone wolf in AK.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Unfortunately, gorgeous looks don't = fun play. No bueno.
True, and as much as I like the birds flying around, at a distance when you can't see the flapping I keep mistaking them for helicopters.

Can't target a seagull with a Stinger. Who knew?

Definitely have to have a squad communicating, going lone wolf is not feasible at all....

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman400 View Post
x3 Getting the achievements and assingments done and going back to CQ so I can get alot of kills very quickly while bitching about how laggy this game is.
I don't even know if this was a shot at me or if you're talking about yourself. Someone elaborate?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Definitely have to have a squad communicating, going lone wolf is not feasible at all....
This fact is so frustrating. Nobody uses a mic in multiplayer, and I can rarely get placed on a team where there's at least a squad working together. A single squad working together can win games easily. Two working together is probably close to unstoppable, but I wouldn't know, as that seems to be what I'm always up against.

Getting steamrolled because half of your team is either dicking around on the edges of the map, or just not doing what they should be doing is no fun at all. My best games I've played have all involved really close intense battles. But it happens so rarely for me, I find myself getting frustrated more and more.

It's kind of sad when I have to get on a Quad and drive around for a few minutes just to reset my mood...

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote