PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Armored Kill
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How in all that is holy

do you get a kill with the Mobile Artillery?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
It's a little tricky, I have about 25 (and 1 SS!). Most are with the AA missiles, a few roadkills, the main gun in useful once you figure out how to range it in. If you just want to get it over with, I'd just unlock the AA missiles and take out enemy air from the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealt View Post
It's a little tricky, I have about 25 (and 1 SS!). Most are with the AA missiles, a few roadkills, the main gun in useful once you figure out how to range it in. If you just want to get it over with, I'd just unlock the AA missiles and take out enemy air from the middle of nowhere.
That would involve being able to use the damn thing...

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
I've not tried yet but you guys start scaring me with all those threads 'bout it
Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Unlocked AA. And I just love disables so it's a good job that's all I get.
But how do you figure ranges out? Why can't get have something like the Mortar mini-map to help out, at least for the first few kills!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
Quote:
But how do you figure ranges out? Why can't get have something like the Mortar mini-map to help out, at least for the first few kills!
What i do is shoot all 6 missiles and then press start to look at the menu and bring up the map. Doing that will then show "ripples" on the map allowing you to know where your shots landed. That helped me get better at judging range and actually destroying enemy vehicles with it.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia5623 View Post
What i do is shoot all 6 missiles and then press start to look at the menu and bring up the map. Doing that will then show "ripples" on the map allowing you to know where your shots landed. That helped me get better at judging range and actually destroying enemy vehicles with it.
Art thou trolling, or dost thou speaketh the truth?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
I was able to get most of the kills with the AA missiles. I got 4 kills by hiding the Artillery about 100 feet from E on Armored Kill. (not my fault they were all driving quad bikes and parked next to each other). It's about patience and location. I spent 5 minutes doing nothing except aiming at helicopters till the enemy finally made a move on E and that's when I unloaded.
May not work everytime, but there are places you can hide than blast away at when enemies move in.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Art thou trolling, or dost thou speaketh the truth?
Thou is speaking the truth. I stumbled upon it by luck. I was looking on the map to see where the enemy MA was after i had shot mine out and noticed the "ripples". I investigated and noticed they came from my own shots allowing me to see where they landed.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
That would involve being able to use the damn thing...
Actually it doesn't, AA missiles for Mobile Artillery are unlocked by getting 15 kills with the gunship.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Trial and error, it depends a lot on whether you're level/above/below your intended target.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Trial and error, it depends a lot on whether you're level/above/below your intended target.
Yep, I've got 4 so far, road-killing hapless mortar idiots is fun.

Found that the range finder/target reticule is useless but it's easier to be parked facing down on a slope, that way you can drop the launch turret pretty low if you need to or else you might overshoot a target area too easily. Or shoot straight into the face of a clueless tank buster driver

Now for the AA missiles.... only 8 more Gunship kills to go.

Quote:
Thou is speaking the truth. I stumbled upon it by luck. I was looking on the map to see where the enemy MA was after i had shot mine out and noticed the "ripples". I investigated and noticed they came from my own shots allowing me to see where they landed.
Oooh.... must try!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Also, from watching a youtube video I was able to see that the second line from the bottom is about 600m out, and the 2nd line is about 275m out, on flat ground that is.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Also, from watching a youtube video I was able to see that the second line from the bottom is about 600m out, and the 2nd line is about 275m out, on flat ground that is.
Damn thanks! Good to know.... was scratching my head to figure out the range on that thing.

"Hit it"
Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Thanks for brotip!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Actually it doesn't, AA missiles for Mobile Artillery are unlocked by getting 15 kills with the gunship.
Ah ha! I stand corrected!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I don't think I've unlocked anything past smoke in it but I'll say what I said in the other thread just play on Death Valley on flag E and with a bit of luck you should get your 10 kills in a single match!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just used AA missiles on the desert map. On RU side I just stayed in the base and waited and hoped the other team controlled the Gunship. If they don't flare/if you have help of team you can kill it in one pass from inside your base. It takes five [both missiles] hits to bring it down.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #19
Benny34
Banned User

is the mobile aa that big ass truck, if so i have one kill with it ran some poor sole over lol.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
ive been killed by it a fair few times, not sure how though considering you get a reticle like the grenade launcher (i think), i originally thought it was like the bfbc2 one, ive played the dlc for an hour or 2 and have never been in one.. where abouts do they spawn?

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #21
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I managed to get the 10 kills in 1 conquest game on Alborz Mountains. I just did the same way as the guy in the video from PS3 trophies and it worked like a charm

[edit] There you go:

Old 09-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I managed to get the 10 kills in 1 conquest game on Alborz Mountains. I just did the same way as the guy in the video from PS3 trophies and it worked like a charm

[edit] There you go:

Battlefield 3 Destroyer Trophy/Achievement - Easy way to get Mobile Artillery kills - YouTube

this is how i goit my kills.

the last game i got 7 kills, had no problem getting the aa, i dies a couple of times (suicide biker and a heli) waiting for ppl to show up though.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #23
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I got 3 kills with it, funny thing is that it was a triple roadkill. These fools came running straight at me trying to get all up in my hood. I just drove their asses over while laughing my ass off.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #24
sorrow313

UEG Sorrow313's Gamercard
Quote:
get 15 kills in gunship which in turn unlock aa missles on artilery and in turn walla thats how u get them or at least i did and yes they count toward the assimgnt and the achiveo if u get kills with the aa missle
sorrow313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post
I got 3 kills with it, funny thing is that it was a triple roadkill. These fools came running straight at me trying to get all up in my hood. I just drove their asses over while laughing my ass off.
Sweetness. I am now imagining this is how you looked when they were running at you, insert an evil laugh to boot:

I managed the last of the needed assignment kills with a triple kill randomly firing the artillery at a flag being capped and got lucky. I'm sure Natrlkilla and Saint heard me howling like a madman

Those little ripple circles on the mini-map come in real handy for range, better than the reticule for sure!

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 09-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
Rapturous Rich

I've got AA, it seems mostly that and roadkills that have got me the 7 kills I have so far, HA.
These things looked so boss in the trailers but man there's a learning curve
Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
My strategy is just to spam it at control points if they start flashing. Gunship one is the best since it has the most traffic by far.

Quote:
Ha, this is brilliant, thanks for posting it.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
empty lobby and a friend. i always get killed using the dang thing
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
And how do you get 15 kills with the Gunship? lol.

I must've spent 20 minutes in the damn thing shooting all the Bullets in the world at every person/vehicle I saw and I barely have 1 kill with it. Not to mention it gets shot down 15 seconds after take off every. time.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
And how do you get 15 kills with the Gunship? lol.

I must've spent 20 minutes in the damn thing shooting all the Bullets in the world at every person/vehicle I saw and I barely have 1 kill with it. Not to mention it gets shot down 15 seconds after take off every. time.
Get in the second gunner position. The first one with the machine gun is pants. The secondary one is the 105(?) cannon. It destroys infantry within its blast radius and takes out vehicles in 2 hits. Also don't forget to hit Y and get into the AA guns for when jets and helis come gunnin' for you.