PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You Are The Champion My Friend?

So I simulated through an entire season of GM Connected today. Then when I got to the last game of the finals, I played the full game (against an AI controlled team) and won the cup. I had to sit through the celebration video at the end. But the achievement for winning the stanley cup never unlocked.

So if anyone has this achievement yet, let me know what you did. I will probably start simulating through another season again soon. This time I will play against a human controlled team in the finals.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Stephleref

Stephleref's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
I will probably start simulating through another season again soon. This time I will play against a human controlled team in the finals.
I did this and won the Cup vs a human player in the finals and did not get my trophy. (I'm on PS3)

Seems like this achievement/trophy is glitched.

I'm not simming another season until someone figure it out tho,it took a good 5-6 hours to sim the entire season. It's beyond ridiculous.
Stephleref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
So the first season I did, it was just me and 1 other human player. I made it to the finals and played against the AI in a best of 3 series. I simulated and won game 1, then played the full game 2 and no achievement.

So I simulated another full season and this time, the other team in the finals was human controlled (also had a total of 5 human GMs in the league). Simulated the first 6 games and then played the full game 7 against a human player and won. Still no achievement.

Now the one thing I noticed was that during the celebration video, it said "Wings Win Series 1-0. That seems odd since the series were either best of 3 or best of 7.

On Friday I will try 1 final time with it set to 1 game series and the difficulty on Superstar. Simulating takes a long time, but its not a big deal to me since I make another account the Commissioner and just simulate on that xbox while I play on mine.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
Stephleref

Stephleref's Gamercard
Quote:
So the first season I did, it was just me and 1 other human player. I made it to the finals and played against the AI in a best of 3 series. I simulated and won game 1, then played the full game 2 and no achievement.

So I simulated another full season and this time, the other team in the finals was human controlled (also had a total of 5 human GMs in the league). Simulated the first 6 games and then played the full game 7 against a human player and won. Still no achievement.

Now the one thing I noticed was that during the celebration video, it said "Wings Win Series 1-0. That seems odd since the series were either best of 3 or best of 7.

On Friday I will try 1 final time with it set to 1 game series and the difficulty on Superstar. Simulating takes a long time, but its not a big deal to me since I make another account the Commissioner and just simulate on that xbox while I play on mine.
1 game series is what i did. No trophy.

Could you try winning as a player on a team in OTP mode?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

The first time I won the cup, I played the final game with an OTP partner (he was coach) and I got the achievement for winning with an OTP partner.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Three times and still no achievement. 1 guy got it on TA and I tried doing it the same way he did but still no luck.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Maik239

maik239's Gamercard
I have only scanned some of the post concerning this topic. But could it be that a friend has to win the stanley cup and you have to join him? The chievo discription seems to indicate that a friend becomes champion.
Maik239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

The one guy that won it on TA was GM/Comisioner and only played the 3rd period of the Stanley Cup game by himself.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
Stephleref

Stephleref's Gamercard
This is from the PS3 site:

Quote:
Comment #1 by Shredder
Saturday, September 15, 2012 @ 12:31:23 PM

Start your own GM Connected League. For settings choose 4 min periods, Rookie difficulty, Game period length of 2 weeks, injuries off, Single Game Knockout playoff series length.

Now Choose your team to be Boston or Vancouver as they have the highest overall star rating and should win on their own easier and more consistently than other teams.

Now start simming the 2 week periods at a time and monitor the standings. Make sure you stay in the top 8 for your conference. If you happen to drop to 10th start playing games to get back into the playoff picture.

Once you make the playoffs manually play all 4 games since you can't redo in GM Connected games and win the stanley cup. You can change the sliders in game to favor you and this will not affect the trophy nor will difficulty settings. After winning the cup the trophy will pop once you exit the game. Note you have to actually play the stanley cup clinching game. I simmed it my first time through and didn't get the trophy so make note you HAVE to play the clinching game.
Could it be that the GM Connected needs to be one human and 29 GM AI?

I'll try it today and report back.

EDIT: Got it!

Last edited by Stephleref; 09-17-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephleref View Post
This is from the PS3 site:

Could it be that the GM Connected needs to be one human and 29 GM AI?

I'll try it today and report back.

EDIT: Got it!
Thanks for posting this... I just went and did it again and the achievement unlocked! This was the exact same setup I used on my 3rd try for the achievement so I am not 100% sure why it popped now.

Just to be safe I left all other leagues I was in and I switched to a different xbox and hard drive so nothing would "carry over" and cause it to glitch again.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Explicitlyy

By Far Superior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I tried doing that method the guy from the PS3 forums suggested, but still no cheevo.

88% Avoided, 40% Unsporting.
Explicitlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I simmed the season with Boston Bruins played one game on the last two weeks againts Pitts un the Reg Season., Rookie, 2 week sched. Best of 7 for Playoffs, I played all 16 games, 16-0-0, played againts Florida, NY Islanders, P. Penguins, and for the Stanely Cup Finals, I played againts Anahiem Ducks...No Achievement. I had problems with the EA server for GM Connected earlier today, before I went to the Stanely Cup Finals againts the Ducks. Game 1 I played and lost, and did not count towards the series. But it did say Boston wins series 1-0 AFTER i played all 4 games againts the Ducks myself!

*UPDATED* Sept. 18, 2012.

I just did it again, but I asked a buddy to join at the last minute for the stanely cup finals, and he couldnt play OTP with me wut so ever, so i tryed by myself and won the second time with 1 single game knockout, no achievement? Ill try with no one joining...

*UPDATED Again* Sept. 18, 2012. 4 hrs later from last update

So I did what DuCluX wrote, I was Detroit Red Wings, Sim the whole season again Declined all trade requests, was 1st overall in the Western Conference, Played againts Edm., Chi., SJS and played againts WPG for the stanely cup finals, won 2-0 in Wpg.. after winning the cup celebration, I waited...after I exit it, no achievement popped, I adavance the Schedual and Nothing....hell im going to do this one later until EA fixes it, i got other Achi. to go for not going to waste another day!!

Last edited by SHMEEDIDDY; 09-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
DuCLuX

I got it last night. I started up a connected a few days ago, and hopped on last night, was 8-3-3 with Detroit at the time. I had played no games before, and I summed all the way to the playoffs, checking my mailbox, but not the actuall mail, once. I kept an eye on the standings, I went from 8th to 4th at the start and never moved. I hit the playoffs, and summed to the third period/overtime of every game, winning the three game series as follows, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, and then 2-0 against the penguins for the cup. In the final game, I joined in the start of the third, and adjusted sliders to my liking as for some reason, even though I beat them last game 7-1, they were winning 9-0 after the sim. I won the game, and immediately hit pause. I didn't have to watch any footage, but I waited a few seconds till the announcer stopped talking about his feelings about winning the cup twice. I exited, the game loaded for 2 minutes, and the achievement popped. This was my first time in the playoffs for GM connected ever, and I was in other leagues at the time also. I was the only one in the league and a commissioner to obviously. I had most settings turned off, to speed up the simming.

That's all info I could think of, hopefully someone can find a pattern to getting this, if any questions feel free to ask.

And also, my favorite things are
Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY
And hockey, but there were no smilies for that,

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

DuCLuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
DuCLuX

I also have a friend doing the same thing as me, I will update as to how he does, and my league with 7 GMs is coming to a close shortly, I will probably throw the finals so I can see if it works for a friend.

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCLuX View Post
I got it last night. I started up a connected a few days ago, and hopped on last night, was 8-3-3 with Detroit at the time. I had played no games before, and I summed all the way to the playoffs, checking my mailbox, but not the actuall mail, once. I kept an eye on the standings, I went from 8th to 4th at the start and never moved. I hit the playoffs, and summed to the third period/overtime of every game, winning the three game series as follows, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, and then 2-0 against the penguins for the cup. In the final game, I joined in the start of the third, and adjusted sliders to my liking as for some reason, even though I beat them last game 7-1, they were winning 9-0 after the sim. I won the game, and immediately hit pause. I didn't have to watch any footage, but I waited a few seconds till the announcer stopped talking about his feelings about winning the cup twice. I exited, the game loaded for 2 minutes, and the achievement popped. This was my first time in the playoffs for GM connected ever, and I was in other leagues at the time also. I was the only one in the league and a commissioner to obviously. I had most settings turned off, to speed up the simming.

That's all info I could think of, hopefully someone can find a pattern to getting this, if any questions feel free to ask.
1. How many Users did it have when you created the league, 1 or 6 or no join request?
2. Was it on Rookie or what level did you have it at?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
DuCLuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
1. How many Users did it have when you created the league, 1 or 6 or no join request?
2. Was it on Rookie or what level did you have it at?
This league was solely mine. No one at any point joined or took part in anything for this league.
Rookie, with adjusted sliders for only 2 games of the 11 I took part of. (I played the third period of 8 games, third period plus overtime of 1, and just overtime of 2)
This has nothing to do with it, just something interesting i found. Also, when I lost, it was always the second game because for some reason I would get scored on a ridiculous amount. I intervened at the start of the third for four games, because the scores were 6-0, 10-0, 9-0 and 9-0 in all those games. Come to think of it, I was never winning any game in the playoffs after simming, I was always losing. But. The first and third games of the series I would be losing 2-1 or 1-0 going into the third.

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
This league was solely mine. No one at any point joined or took part in anything for this league.
Rookie, with adjusted sliders for only 2 games of the 11 I took part of. (I played the third period of 8 games, third period plus overtime of 1, and just overtime of 2)
This has nothing to do with it, just something interesting i found. Also, when I lost, it was always the second game because for some reason I would get scored on a ridiculous amount. I intervened at the start of the third for four games, because the scores were 6-0, 10-0, 9-0 and 9-0 in all those games. Come to think of it, I was never winning any game in the playoffs after simming, I was always losing. But. The first and third games of the series I would be losing 2-1 or 1-0 going into the third.

I did what you posted, I didnt work...I watched the celebration though and nothing!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
Explicitlyy

By Far Superior's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Two times doing this and still no achievement. About to just call EA and ask them what the hell is happening.

88% Avoided, 40% Unsporting.
Explicitlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #19
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

It appears that there might be a glitch in the User Profile that is causing the achievement to not unlock.

Back up your User Profile save from NHL on a USB drive or memory card and the delete the save off your hard drive. Then try doing it again.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
It appears that there might be a glitch in the User Profile that is causing the achievement to not unlock.

Back up your User Profile save from NHL on a USB drive or memory card and the delete the save off your hard drive. Then try doing it again.
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with whats stored on EA's servers. I know there were only a few of us that had trouble with the HUT achievement in NHL11.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with whats stored on EA's servers. I know there were only a few of us that had trouble with the HUT achievement in NHL11.
Dont get that started againg for NHL HUT! Hey they fixed Tigers woods Unnatainable achievements, and havent closed NHL 11 servers due to that ach. So hopefully EA can can smart up this time since there might be a Lockout and fix NHL Hut, and yeah with the Current GM League, I havent made a USB or Cloud backup for NHL 13, this ach. will be the last ach to work on for NHL 13 for updates and fixes. Plus mostly have 400/1000 today, and working on EASHL with a few friends this week, then it will be HUT again, but since this works now and in the top 10,000 ill get it with my cuzin!

I've tryed this ach. 3 times by myself, and currently in a league with friends, maybe Ill get it in there since I started that 1st before trying it Solo!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #22
DuCLuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
I did what you posted, I didnt work...I watched the celebration though and nothing!
That really sucks, , my friend has yet to finish simming his league, but i have another doing it as well. Hopefully they will finish soon and I can get back here with results.

Apparantly the servers are down, and my friend was in the middle of simming his final few weeks. He went offline so I won't be able to say today. REALLY annoyed because I was in the middle of OT in an EASHL Match, getting there legitly, and the servers went down, so didn't get the desperation save,

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #23
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
That really sucks, , my friend has yet to finish simming his league, but i have another doing it as well. Hopefully they will finish soon and I can get back here with results.

Apparantly the servers are down, and my friend was in the middle of simming his final few weeks. He went offline so I won't be able to say today. REALLY annoyed because I was in the middle of OT in an EASHL Match, getting there legitly, and the servers went down, so didn't get the desperation save,

Yeah im working on Desperation Save Ach, maybe today or tomorrow, depends on my friends...yeah pissed off when the servers went down and Hr ago, I watched SOA. Now able to play!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Spent over 4 hours trying to get this achievement. Played all playoff games, including the stanley cup game. Waited hopefully for it to unlock. IT DIDNT UNLOCK! Wasted all that time and even followed the guide EXACTLY. Fuck ea

153 completed games: 97 retail, 51 arcade
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #25
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post
Spent over 4 hours trying to get this achievement. Played all playoff games, including the stanley cup game. Waited hopefully for it to unlock. IT DIDNT UNLOCK! Wasted all that time and even followed the guide EXACTLY. Fuck ea
Did you try backing up your save and deleting it?

Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #26
Stigga97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post

Now back up your user profile onto a usb jump drive, or the cloud. Delete the other user profile completly from your harddrive. Then do exactly what you did, and it will unlock. Happened to me, and that's what I had to do. I deleted my league and made a new one again and changed my team to the Wild. Simmed every game except the 4 1 round knockout playoff games. It popped at the GM connected main menu.
Stigga97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Quote:
Did you try backing up your save and deleting it?
Havent tried it yet, but I will try again this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigga97 View Post
Now back up your user profile onto a usb jump drive, or the cloud. Delete the other user profile completly from your harddrive. Then do exactly what you did, and it will unlock. Happened to me, and that's what I had to do. I deleted my league and made a new one again and changed my team to the Wild. Simmed every game except the 4 1 round knockout playoff games. It popped at the GM connected main menu.
Yeah, I'll try that method and hopefully it will work. Wouldn't be so bad if the load times didn't take forever.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
DuCLuX

Maybe works now with the two hot fixes they recently did? You can now enter all HUT tourneys, so you never know..

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #29
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Okay I just bought the game and decided to try for this achievement first and it popped. I did it the exact same way as the guy posted on the PS3 forums.

I picked Vancouver and simmed two week periods without playing a single game during the regular season. My team finished 1st overall. Then I played and won all four games in the playoffs. After I exited the final game it unlocked.

It took me from around 7:30pm to 1:00am.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #30
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
So I re-tried the achievement again. This time I used the canucks and I didn't play a game during the season and played all playoffs games and got the achievement! Glad thats over with