PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Mei Ninja

Mei Ninja's Gamercard
Help with Survival

Could anyone give me some tips for beating 10 fights in a row in survival? Once I get to about 7 or 8 wins I start getting comboed for almost all my health and no matter who I play, I can't seem to come up with any tactics effective enough to pull through those final wins.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that I know I don't suck at Tekken... I've been playing it for a long time and played quite a bit online with success. But this game has me pulling my hair out as far as how difficult getting this one stupid achievement is, as well as its difficulty overall.

Btw, I tried Angel like the achievement guide suggested... every time I use the laser, they duck. If I use the flying laser, they side step 3 or 4 times to make sure they're out of the way. Then they just run up to me and combo me to death.

So yeah. I hope I'm not the only one needing suggestions for this. Help??

Please check out my Let's Play channel! @
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeruluTV
Mei Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How were you using Angel's lazer? You can't just constantly keep throwing it out there. It's basically there to make space. Hit them with a lazer and back up. When they get back up off the ground they are likely to crouch for a second or two before getting back into standing position and try to rush you again only to get hit with a lazer again.

If there is enough space you can shoot the lazer and they'll duck under to try to rush you but you'll have enough time to do a second one that will hit them. I made it to 16 doing that.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Mei Ninja

Mei Ninja's Gamercard
I wasn't "just constantly throwing it out there". As I said in my post, I've been playing Tekken for a long time so please don't assume I have no idea what I'm doing. Your guide did nothing as far as describing the methods you used with that move so no, I haven't tried your method yet. I'll try it tomorrow.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
NeoOmegaDark

xn1sx neo dark's Gamercard
If you reduce a tag team to about half health (when the backup turns rage) you can pretty much constantly use the laser (don't wait for them to be standing, hit it as soon as your last shot ends) as the team keeps trying to switch. Before that though it seems they dodge the laser alot, but nowhere near as much as Devil Jin's.

I personally used a character I was comfortable with as my secondary who I would switch to if things weren't going great, and used Angel's laser almost constantly, however I started matches with a uRK, u, RK+LK (I believe that was the combo) to gain some distance before following with a laser shot as soon as possible, usually resulting in close to half their health gone thus creating an AI tag lock. Also, if the enemies are too close the beam seems to sometimes fly just over their heads (noticed it alot with Wang) so make sure to keep them at a distance.
NeoOmegaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
MM2313

Metamania2313's Gamercard
I have gotten up to round six with Kazuya and his Spinning Demon move (upper-right with B, then keep hitting B for the next three kicks to happen), but sometimes it goes off course and allows the enemy to strike me. And I've used Angel with the lazer and they get pretty smart to duck the lazer and combo me to death. I hate this achievement...
MM2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
rborja23

datoneaznkid's Gamercard
i really hate this achievement right now...no matter who i use i cant get that 6th win...like said above, i dont suck at this game i been playing since tekken 2. i even resorted to tiger and eddie and nothing.
rborja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
MM2313

Metamania2313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rborja23 View Post
i really hate this achievement right now...no matter who i use i cant get that 6th win...like said above, i dont suck at this game i been playing since tekken 2. i even resorted to tiger and eddie and nothing.
Yeah, they just completely destroy you. I don't know how the others got it, even with the strategy they mentioned. They got real lucky, that's for sure...
MM2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
Mei Ninja

Mei Ninja's Gamercard
Yay! I finally managed to beat it (and get to 16 wins before getting juggled for like 75% of my health in round 17, haha).

So I used a combination of what I've read from different people saying they used a particular strategy and kind of meshed that together to form my own easy-to-use win combo.

And this is how it went! I picked Angel and Asuka. You can also use Angel and Jun if you prefer. To start the battle off I'd use a (tap)+ which should knock them back. Immediately after that I used to fly and while flying to do a flying laser which should knock your opponent back quite a bit. After that, you can pretty much just spam the standing laser but it's best to time it for when your opponent looks like they're about to stand up or when they're about to tag out.

HOWEVER, if your Angel starts to get beat up, switch out to Asuka (or Jun) and
use the following combo: ,,,. This does a backflip and three low round kicks. Not very powerful, but effective when spammed. I've also heard that you can pair Jun and Asuka and simply spam this combo to get it done.

Hope this helps anyone still having trouble.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The easiest (and noob friendliest) route I've found is going solo with Forrest Law. I don't know if tag makes it harder, but I found it easier solo. First, set your right trigger to LK+RK. As soon as the match starts, press Down + RT, followed by A (assuming you have everything else default). Then while they're in the air, give them two punches. This will now give you enough room to do his running kick. Run at them (or double tap right/left depending on which side you're on), and then press A. This kick can take out almost a half of their health. Time it so you're running at them as their about to get up again. If you can catch them while they're rolling or something, it'll strike again. If possible, you'll get them without them ever tagging out.

Two possibilities arise from this.

1. If they do tag out, and the partner is in Rage mode, just back up and wait for them to run at you. Just meet them halfway with a flying kick to the face.

2. If you get them in a corner, either use your Down + RT, A, or some quick down kicks. Usually, by the time you get them in the corner (which gives you no room to do a flying kick), the last two or three down kicks should finish them off. I got to about 8-9 wins this way almost every time. With some luck, you'll beat their asses easily.

I only found solo easier because it seemed that I got more health back if I was playing solo, and they seemed to do less combos if I was going solo. The only time you're going to be on the ground is if a flying kick whiffs, or they block your launcher. But this is only like 1/10 times. Keep going at it. After figuring out the launcher, it will help immensely when you're in situations in which you are too close for comfort. The launcher (plus the two little punches) gives you enough room to flying kick again.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Amazon XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
Crimson Death

This is getting frustrating now. I keep getting to game 8/9 and losing to some cheap juggle spam.

Any other tips would be great... thanks!

Thanks Gackt.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used Miguel's shoulder barrage for most of it (F+A+Y) and Hwoarang's kick launcher (B+X) followed by a long combo.
You should barely give the opponent chance to get up and tag out if your health gets low.

Arcade 200Gs
Worms, Banjo-Kazooie, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, SF3: Online Edition
Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 3
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Metalclear

metalclear1982's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
This is getting frustrating now. I keep getting to game 8/9 and losing to some cheap juggle spam.

Any other tips would be great... thanks!
Have u tried the Jack/Angel team? worked great for me. Use Forward+Y with jack to make space between u and your enemy. Then tag to Angel and use her laser. With the right timing, youll hit your enemy right when hes standing up and he even wont have time to tag!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
rteruyas

rteruyas's Gamercard
Spam pivot gun all day!

Enter survival mode and pick Jack6 solo.

Spam pivot gun ,, and you'll get the trophy in a blink.
Set game to easy and 1 round only to make it faster.

Good luck
rteruyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
SWi IVI IVI ER

Steve Fox's sonic fang is all I used to spam my way to 10 wins. Pretty boring and simple method for those who haven't had luck with the other many suggestions.

Use at the start of every battle, as they charge you, and as they're getting up. It took me a couple tries but that's because I didn't input the correct command which usually results to being juggled by your opponent towards battle ten.

Any way that's my two cents, and good luck.

SWi IVI IVI ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
One iyd Warior

Send a message via AIM to One iyd Warior

One iyd Warior's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rteruyas View Post
Enter survival mode and pick Jack6 solo.

Spam pivot gun ,, and you'll get the trophy in a blink.
Set game to easy and 1 round only to make it faster.

Good luck
This worked great! thanks a bunch