Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Jade Falcon

Send a message via ICQ to Jade Falcon

SGLJadefalcon's Gamercard
My impression of this game

I had managed to get this game cheap from my local Asda for 20. Two days later I returned it.

Not because the game is bad, what I played I quite enjoyed, but there was one major annoyance that just couldn't be ignored. The whole visual effects thing with the distortion/double image and bright colours that is often used gave me a splitting headache. Now I've been playing games for many years and this is the first time I've felt this way. I played it the night I got it and after 10-15 minutes of play time (ie past the initial starter scenes) I was feeling lousy. I put the game away and tried it the next day thinking I might have been having the onset of a headache anyway. Nope, the same thing happened. I had even checked to see if this was a damaged disc, but no. There was no option to even disable this effect.

Thanks to this 'artsy' touch I returned the game as it was for me basically unplayable. Did anyone else get this?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
atomic viking54

atomic viking54's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
I had managed to get this game cheap from my local Asda for 20. Two days later I returned it.

Not because the game is bad, what I played I quite enjoyed, but there was one major annoyance that just couldn't be ignored. The whole visual effects thing with the distortion/double image and bright colours that is often used gave me a splitting headache. Now I've been playing games for many years and this is the first time I've felt this way. I played it the night I got it and after 10-15 minutes of play time (ie past the initial starter scenes) I was feeling lousy. I put the game away and tried it the next day thinking I might have been having the onset of a headache anyway. Nope, the same thing happened. I had even checked to see if this was a damaged disc, but no. There was no option to even disable this effect.

Thanks to this 'artsy' touch I returned the game as it was for me basically unplayable. Did anyone else get this?

This is only in some of the cutscenes and thats it. I actually thought it was cool.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Dirty130
DGN's Workhorse

DirtyI30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Wow, really? Sorry that those effects gave you a headache so quickly. If I had have known this before you returned the game I would have suggested turning your brightness down abit. Shame though, cuz it's a great game apart from some of it's flaws..
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I agree with Jade too. And while I hoped the game would be as fun as others made it out to be, it wasn't. The first one was fun and he second one was bad...too.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #5
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I liked all the cool colors and stuff, I think it added more to the game. I really enjoyed Max Payne 3 and I guess it is just a matter of opinion but I thought this game was excellent.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
If that bothers you then you must've hated Kane and Lynch 2
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Dirty130
DGN's Workhorse

DirtyI30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm HUGE Kane & Lynch fan. Just saying..
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
ll X ll

I loved it. Made it feel kinda you're drunk and well....it's annoying when you're drunk. Except you're never aware of it.