Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
atomic viking54

atomic viking54's Gamercard
Invisible Multiplayer Glitch?

Just got out of my third game were there has been an invisible person killing everyone. Its getting pretty annoying. Anybody else notice this?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No I haven't. Could it be because someone hacked the server? To me that doesn't seem to be a glitch more of someone hacking.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Phunky

Yeah been seeing that quite a bit today, you can't see or target them.

Report them with pics to maxpayne3.banhammer@rockstargames.com
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Dirty130

Yeah, I've seen this glitch/bug/hack or whatever it is. I saw one Pr!ck go 72/2 and when I told him he was cheating, his reply was "console reset, cheat is gone now". I was not impressed. R* need to get on top of this game and sort out the glitches, etc.

This is what shooting someone in Max Payne 3 is like:

This is what shooting someone invisible in Max Payne 3 is like:
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah I've noticed this a few times. The last person I noticed doing this was a player by the name of USB Willy Wanka or something like that. I played 3 team deathmatches in a row and he was invisible for all 3 games.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Ant Montana

Ant Montana's Gamercard
I wish I took the names of the feckers who've done this in games I've been in. Thought it was just the game fucking up or something. It's happened about 10 times in the last week.
Ant Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #7
Phunky

I hope they're actually going to do something about these people, so far the only response I've had is:

Hello,
Can you provide a video?

To which I replied:

I don't have any means to record xbox videos...

I enclosed two screenshots as your website said video or screenshots.

"If possible, please include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot".

Can't wait to see the reply to that, I'm sure they'll just duck the question instead though. But I'm sure it can't be too hard for them to just check someones stats and see their highly unrealistic k/d ratio.

I love this game but with the kinda support they offer, it will quickly become another Red Dead full of people just abusing all the bugs and glitches.

Last edited by Phunky; 09-16-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
Yeah, I've seen this. But it never lasted the whole match. Like a player would turn invisible until he died. I could still target him, and got several kills off him (that's how I found out because I would zoom in and it would lock onto him without me even knowing he was there). Also, they're name still appeared above his head. This maybe happened to me twice.

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

491/491 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #9
HoppyHippo

HoppyHippo's Gamercard
I've also noticed some guys who refill their health once they are dead again and again, more than 6-7 times in a row (obv not last stand).
HoppyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
Phunky

Just had to exit out of about 5 games, invisible people, infinite health, killing them to get 50 points and then randomly getting melee'd by their corpses, one guy I hit 6 times and still got melee'd myself.

Don't know which is the biggest joke, what this game has become or the awesome support where you send evidence as asked for then you basically just get told to **** off until you buy a £160 Hauppauge because they don't accept screenshots even though the site says they do lol
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Dirty130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunky View Post
Just had to exit out of about 5 games, invisible people, infinite health, killing them to get 50 points and then randomly getting melee'd by their corpses, one guy I hit 6 times and still got melee'd myself.

Don't know which is the biggest joke, what this game has become or the awesome support where you send evidence as asked for then you basically just get told to **** off until you buy a £160 Hauppauge because they don't accept screenshots even though the site says they do lol
I feel your pain, Phunky. R* needs to do more to spot modified code and put these people in the cheaters pool or pass their findings onto Microsoft because as we all know playing modified code is against XBL policy. The glitches and lag I can understand but people blatantly cheating is not fair on everyone else!

Thankfully, I don't run into it much and when I do I usually leave once the game ends and file a complaint which probably does nothing but really there isn't much I can do because I don't have a capture card.
Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
It happened to me by accident. I played online for the first time and the only opyions I had for customisation were Male/Female. I couldn't press (A) or anything to customise and I didn't know any better so I just went straight online. I was a floating gun and figured it was a disc error on my side, but everyone else would still see me. After playing 5 matches with 0 deaths and all melee kills I decided to stop playing and restart, delete soem data etc. and fix the problem.

I admit I had fun, though I feel like a dick head... still it was nice to get out of the low ranks paynelessly. This game isn't particularly well balanced for mixed level play.

I have a "fucking around" account for games that I only play co-op, games that I'm borrowing or just trying out etc. I only play amazing games on my "real" profile and I aim to get all of the achievements.

Despite the shitty single player loading cutscenes, the single player mode is great in NYM (less loading for some reason) and I have a lot of fun online despite its flaws. If the game had more people playing, more support from Rockstar, no auto-aim online (splitting the community is bad, unless you have a large fanbase like CoD) and fixed glitches then I would definitely commit to 1250G on my main profile. It's a shame it falls short. I'm still gonna do NYMH though.

Oh I fixed the invisibility glitch by deleting some free DLC I got and redownloading it. It hasn't come back since.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #13
Kazenji

Send a message via MSN to Kazenji

RunicBlaze72's Gamercard
For that cheater's pool which Rockstar has set up, How do you know if you've been placed in it?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
o AL3X v1

o AL3X v1's Gamercard
I am invisible on max payne 3 multiplayer

I got this game yesterday and decided to go on the multiplayer before the story. As i joined my first team deathmatch i began to receive 'hateful' messages, i was being called a 'cheater' and a 'sore loser', i am generally quite good on 3rd person shooters but when i got 30 kills 0 deaths i realised it wasn't just beginners look and i was 'invisible' to other players, when i got top player at the end of a game there is just a floating AK-47 where my player should be, i have been told numerous times i have been reported to Rockstar by loads of different players?
A little help on how i can become visible ?
Thanks, o AL3X v1
o AL3X v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Mr.Fail

AutoCombustin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o AL3X v1 View Post
I got this game yesterday and decided to go on the multiplayer before the story. As i joined my first team deathmatch i began to receive 'hateful' messages, i was being called a 'cheater' and a 'sore loser', i am generally quite good on 3rd person shooters but when i got 30 kills 0 deaths i realised it wasn't just beginners look and i was 'invisible' to other players, when i got top player at the end of a game there is just a floating AK-47 where my player should be, i have been told numerous times i have been reported to Rockstar by loads of different players?
A little help on how i can become visible ?
Thanks, o AL3X v1

Well well well, if it isn't Alex! I found you twice yesterday abusing the invisibility. Why not just come off the game and go back on it? Simple solution. Here's some screenshots I sent to Rockstar Banhammer!

Last edited by Mr.Fail; 10-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Mr.Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
It's a game bug, not a hack/exploit... just happens completely randomly for some reason?!?

I was playing with my housemate in gang wars and he had it happen to him (become invisible) and received a load of abuse for it even though it wasn't anything he had done himself. We are both on the same internet connection with the same xbox model (250gb slim) so no idea why it happened to him, but not me / why it has never happened since.
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
omegatron45

SUPERFREAK45's Gamercard
I think the best solution for now would be to equip the level three Intuition Burst. If that doesn't give you some form of defense against this nonsense I don't know what will.
omegatron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
Ctruman

ctruman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fail View Post
Why not just come off the game and go back on it? Simple solution.
Do you actually know what you're talking about, or are you just guessing/assuming? The "simple solution" that you bring up doesn't seem to work for me. This glitch happened to me today (first time playing), and I tried restarting my Xbox, restarting my Internet, clearing my cache, changing my character and outfits, and deleting my dlc and game update. None of that worked.

I think the only thing most of the people who are experiencing this glitch can do is go to http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...in-max-payne-3
From there you can submit a request for Rockstar to delete your avatar save file. I haven't tried this out yet (waiting for a reply from Rockstar) but it should work.
Ctruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Booted up the game for the first time last night, wanted to give the Online a try since there is a X360A.org crew. Wanted to see how things worked out and potentially work on the online before starting the story as it's noted that their easy. Booted up the game, downloaded the free map pack and compatibility pack #1, jump in game and Boom....Invisible. Thought it was something due to lag so I played out the game. Once the game was over tried to change my avatar. Invisible. Jumped in another game, still invisible but I quitted out once I saw that. Immediately went to R* and here. Submitted my ticket, now just got to wait. Pretty bummed out since I wanted to play it till Halo 4 or BL 2 DLC drops.

Last edited by Yannie Boy; 11-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #20
JT Fever

oO JT Fever Oo's Gamercard
my very 1st game no problems...thought it may have been fixed. 2nd game and subsequent games have all had Mr Invisible in 1 game there was 2 players like that
JT Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #21
CYANiDAL187

CYANiDAL187's Gamercard
I can confirm what I CROW I and AL3X v1 have stated: It is a bug which happens at random and not a hack or a glitch which is exploited on purpose.
It happened to me too when I went into the multiplayer for the first time and left me wondering what was going on.
Annoying as it is before you guys start acusing players of being hackers and cheaters, please point the finger at Rockstar as they are the ones responsible for this mess!
CYANiDAL187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
slippery1178

slippery 1178's Gamercard
Im a bit late getting this game.
Played the multiplayer today and you guessed it, im invisible.
I dont wanna be called a cheater so i quit out, this is shit as i really wanna play this.I reset my cache and re downloaded all the free dlc and it still happens.
Glad i didnt shell out all those ms points on dlc to find i couldnt play fairly.
slippery1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
jamie126

Jamie126's Gamercard
yeah i just started playing today too and its happened to me what a shame expected better from R*
jamie126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Still no response back from my ticket submitted. Shame, was really looking to play it, but my attention will be else where come midnight tonight so it'll just go back to the shelf for the time being.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Update: I sent an email back a bit ago asking for a Avatar reset and provided my info just like the Support Post indicated to provide. I got an email yesterday, which was just a copy and paste of the Support Post. So I provided the info once again. Let's see what happens next.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #26
Havik989

Havik989's Gamercard
For Me it Was a Glitch! Help?

I just got the game and wanted to play some multiplayer before the story. I've been invisible for the past 3 games and don't know how to fix it. I bought a hostage dlc and two free ones. I dont recall whwhat they're called I was preoccupied. It seems this is some bug or glitch or something of that nature not a hack. Does anyone know how to fix it? Its getting fucking annoying I'm not a fan of shit like this.
Havik989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #27
Havik989

Havik989's Gamercard
That's what I did.
Havik989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #28
Ps3 for the Winn

Angry

Dude ik theres theres some fucking fag running around invisible and shit
Gamertags RED ZOMBIE and 3 random numbers after it
SO GOD DAMN GAY
Ps3 for the Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #29
Worthy Assassin

Worthy Assassin's Gamercard
Angry Max Payne 3 Glitch Will Prob Get Me Banned

Yeah,I Just Got Max Payne 3 And First Game I Played I Was Invisible,Played Like 5 Games After That To See If It Would Go Away And It Didnt. Everyone Was Getting Mad And Filing Complaints On Me. Sent My Friend A Msg And Put Some Stuff In My Bio Hoping If Or When Microsoft Comes After Me I Can Explain The Situation Because Im Def Not A Hacker I Dont Believe In That Bullshit -_-
Worthy Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #30
HippoZoned

HippoZoned's Gamercard
I registered here just to post in this thread, i just got max payne 3 from gamefly hopped online, downloaded the dlc and im invisible. I submitted a ticket to R* hopefully they fix it.. I want to play multiplayer but i refuse to cheat and abuse an exploit im too good for that....
HippoZoned is offline   Reply With Quote