PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Report Fast

Report Fast's Gamercard
Are brotherhood and Revelations relevant?

Ok a little background on my assassins creed history. I had played AC 1 & AC 2 and like both games but never really payed much attention to what was going on always just kind of went Rambo, and had fun. i am no going back and replaying each of the AC games before 3 comes out. My question, are brotherhood and revelations important to the series? Like for instance, would I be missing alot by skipping out on the 2 games? The reason I am asking is because I am 100% each of the games on my completion account but I never really took much interest in brotherhood and revelations, the seemed like the exact same game as 2 or the most part. Anyways I am tired and rambling , but what do you guys think is it important for me to play brotherhood and revelations to get the fullest out of the series? its going to be annoying trying to boost the shit multiplayer =(

Retail 100% (47)
Arcade 100% (19)
67% Completion Ratio

as of 1/22/2013
Report Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yes, they are part of the Ezio story arc and not just standalone games.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Dmanadatory

dmanadatory's Gamercard
You could probably be ok if you just read up about what happens in the storyline, I felt that brotherhood and revelations were elongated DLC to Ezio's story, the only major plot point that develops is in the end of brotherhood/beginning of revelations. If you really want to you can just play brotherhood, as revelations is more of just wrapping up Ezio's story and really doesn't have to much to do with Desmond other than some confusing background story
Dmanadatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Brotherhood and Revelations continue on from AC2 with Ezio's story, I enjoyed them both.

How do you know the MP is shit if you never played it? If you care more about the achievements in terms of boosting etc then don't bother.

If you are going to buy it, Brotherhood has DLC to get the 100% and good luck on the 100% sync.

Last edited by cjdavies; 09-09-2012 at 09:39 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Both games are great fun and you're denying yourself some quality titles if you skip them. But are they required? No. Just read the plot on wiki.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
aclover

x864x GANGSTA87's Gamercard
There's already a thread about this.. But yes they are important
Old 09-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
There was a big cliffhanger at the end of Revelations. So it's relevant!

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
If you like Ezio, play through Brotherhood.

If you really like Ezio, play through Brotherhood and Revelations.

If you like Desmond, play through Brotherhood.

If you really like Desmond, but you're tired of Ezio, play through Brotherhood and read/watch what happens to him in Revelations.

Oh, and if you like Altaïr, read the books.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #9
jxspyder

jxspyder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon300 View Post
If you like Ezio, play through Brotherhood.

If you really like Ezio, play through Brotherhood and Revelations.

If you like Desmond, play through Brotherhood.

If you really like Desmond, but you're tired of Ezio, play through Brotherhood and read/watch what happens to him in Revelations.

Oh, and if you like Altaïr, read the books.
Gotta disagree. Revelations did an excellent job of tying up all the loose strands and final story throughout the entire series. The Altair flashbacks in Revelations were just awesome as well. All told, it handily wraps up the entire AC console storyline for a final conclusion to Desmond's story.

If you like Ezio, and want to see his story end.....play Revelations

If you liked Altair, and want to see the culmination of his story....play Revelations.

If you like Desmond, and want to get the backstory on where he grew up, how he ended up with Abstergo, and all the loose strands from the other games...plus you like either Ezio or Altair, play Revelations.

Personally, I've enjoyed the entire series thus far, and greatly enjoyed playing through them. But I could be in the minority.
jxspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Daemon300

Daemon300's Gamercard
I didn't read Revelations yet, but I think that The Secret Crusade explained and did a lot more with Altaïr than Revelations the game (if that makes sense). The story in Revelations was boring in my opinion. I think it was better in terms of gameplay and I liked the city a lot more, but the story was a pain for me unfortunately. Altaïr's memories could have been better, longer and there should have been more of them (that's why I prefer the book. For example, it explains the relationship between Abbas and Altaïr, a lot better than the game did).

Oh, and the Desmond 'puzzle bits' were dumb. I liked Desmond's backstory, but I think they should have told it in a different way.

Well, I can't wait for AC3. Hopefully it won't be disappointing like Revelations was for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
A BENGAL HOBO

A BENGAL HOBO's Gamercard
well there all important for the desmond storyline
A BENGAL HOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Stefan61713

Stefan61713's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homaz View Post
There was a big cliffhanger at the end of Revelations. So it's relevant!
Yeah, Rev. had an amazing ending.

Stefan61713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
Almsivi

Send a message via MSN to Almsivi

ArmedWithDanger's Gamercard
I've heard they'll be re-capping the most important turning points and what not in the beginning of the game, so that people new to the series have a slight clue on what the eff is going on - otherwise if you don't feel like playing the ones you don't have, read up on them, like I did!
(never played Revelations for instance, but I watched the game's cinematics, and read about it, theories etc, to make sure I'm up to date! )
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #14
Mechwolfosx

MechWolfOSX's Gamercard
Along withe the Story Arc you also will be missing on improvements and changes in the game. New weapons, the new mini-game for training recruits, etc. It sound like you don't like the MP, so you didn't miss that. The MP achievements weren't that hard to get in revelations - I can't remember worrying about them. The hardest achievement in my view was the SP cheevo for not dying on one of the levels.
Mechwolfosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #15
raptor_256

raptor256's Gamercard
if you can get them cheap, what have you got to lose? i enjoyed them both and as said they continue the ezio storyline
raptor_256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
XOutOfTheBlueX

XOutOfTheBlueX's Gamercard
Yup, as others have said they both advance the story arc of the game further (for both Ezio and Desmond). Plus they are both great fun to play.
XOutOfTheBlueX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I would recommend playing the games if you enjoy the series, since they are both great games. If you are an achievement hunter though beware - ACB has a few achievements that are kind of a bitch to get.

You will probably have to boost a couple of the mp achievements (unless you are awesome at mp and/or prepared to dedicate countless hours to grind to Level 50). Also, there is an achievement for 100% sync on all missions and you will probably end up repeating some missions a few times (or a few hundred times, in the case of "Hell on Wheels"...) before you get 100% sync.

That said, I still recommend playing the games to see the storyline for yourself. It's much better than reading about it, IMO.
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
R0KETM4N

R0KETM4N's Gamercard
Cutscenes

Perhaps not entirely important, but you could go to youtube and just watch the cutscenes from the previous two games. One cut spliced them together like a movie, and it was the perfect way for me to catch up, without playing them.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I'll try and keep this a vague as possible.

Brotherhood is more Ezio than anything else and quite possibly could be miss-able if it wasnt for the ending where something backfires on quite a grand scale.

As for Revalations again it is more of a closure to Ezio and Altair, with the whole game basically been based around Desmond trying to not go insane, adn there is also a much speculated about character that makes his debut, and possibly his exit. Perhaps the most important story element of Revelations comes from the Lost Archives DLC, where it explains the back fire from the end of Brtotherhood, and was my personal most holy shit moment of the series.