PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
Game freezes in the past month

I have been playing this game for over 9 months and not once has it ever froze and any weird glitches ever happenned. Once that Fifa 13 logo popped up, my game crashes in career mode, EURO, and VP modes. Its sucks because my 7 year career mode is gone, my expedition mode(141 wins out of the 160 needed), my VP is at an 87, and now they are all gone cuz EA sucks. I can load everything but it freezes when I go into play next match mode, even simulating freezes.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Last edited by PyschoJ2456; 09-12-2012 at 02:17 AM.
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Lucifer Effect

Last of Academe's Gamercard
Yes and no.

I have noticed FIFA freezing at the kit selection screen and occasionally in the arena before starting a match... and it's happened quite a lot recently.

But then it also froze while I was playing Rainbow Six, so whether its specifically something to do with FIFA or my Xbox is starting to show signs of hardware failure I'm not sure. But I do seem to experience it more on FIFA than any other game.

100% - 15:4 (Retail:Arcade)

Message/Add to Boost
FIFA 13
One For The Bros, Good Start, Well On Your Way, Still Friends?
Lucifer Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
EricDC

Eric From Cali's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Effect View Post
Yes and no.

I have noticed FIFA freezing at the kit selection screen and occasionally in the arena before starting a match... and it's happened quite a lot recently.

But then it also froze while I was playing Rainbow Six, so whether its specifically something to do with FIFA or my Xbox is starting to show signs of hardware failure I'm not sure. But I do seem to experience it more on FIFA than any other game.
That's most likely just a dirty DVD drive laser. My 5 year old xbox started freezing a lot, so I opened it up and cleaned out all the dust and wiped off the laser. It's been about 8 months since then and my xbox only freezes a couple times per month now. If the laser is dirty of super dusty, it'll be harder for the xbox to read the disc perfectly.

Need to get some boosting done in many games, message me if you are interested! I am willing to boost any of my uncompleted games.

EricDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
Lucifer Effect

Last of Academe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDC View Post
That's most likely just a dirty DVD drive laser. My 5 year old xbox started freezing a lot, so I opened it up and cleaned out all the dust and wiped off the laser. It's been about 8 months since then and my xbox only freezes a couple times per month now. If the laser is dirty of super dusty, it'll be harder for the xbox to read the disc perfectly.
Ah, fair enough. Oh well.

Being somewhat of a selective technophobe (in that I would only expose myself to enough understanding of technology as is necessary) I'm more likely to follow zero amount of economical logic and just declare it completely beyond hope and buy a new one before I'd even consider opening it and dusting it down.

I might stretch as far as one of those cans of compressed air with a telescopic nozzle on it... but then I wouldn't know where I was aiming it...

100% - 15:4 (Retail:Arcade)

Message/Add to Boost
FIFA 13
One For The Bros, Good Start, Well On Your Way, Still Friends?
Lucifer Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
EricDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Effect View Post
Ah, fair enough. Oh well.

Being somewhat of a selective technophobe (in that I would only expose myself to enough understanding of technology as is necessary) I'm more likely to follow zero amount of economical logic and just declare it completely beyond hope and buy a new one before I'd even consider opening it and dusting it down.

I might stretch as far as one of those cans of compressed air with a telescopic nozzle on it... but then I wouldn't know where I was aiming it...
I would also feel bad if I convinced you to open up your xbox, and it still didn't work after cleaning the inside. If it gets worse, then I suggest taking it to a third party and they can clean it for you most likely. But for now I would just live with it and see if it gets worse.

Need to get some boosting done in many games, message me if you are interested! I am willing to boost any of my uncompleted games.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^^ I would also warn you or anyone that still has an active warranty that opening up your xbox will void this warranty.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
EricDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
^^ I would also warn you or anyone that still has an active warranty that opening up your xbox will void this warranty.
Yes that's true. The xbox warranty is 1 year for everything, 3 years for the RROD. So if your console is over 3 years old, you have nothing to worry about.