PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Frank Selke Trophy Question

wouldn't it be much easier just to edit the rosters so that the forwards that usually are the most defensive aren't even in the NHL system?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I dropped Datsyuk's ratings down but there are so many you would have to do it to. And there is no way of knowing who will be in the running because some random player could have a good year while you are simulating. But I suppose you could drop a couple of the front runners and it might help.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
I dropped Datsyuk's ratings down but there are so many you would have to do it to. And there is no way of knowing who will be in the running because some random player could have a good year while you are simulating. But I suppose you could drop a couple of the front runners and it might help.
Yeah well I tried doing that and the game will not load my new roster into BAP, it will only load my previously edited roster from my Goalie BAP.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
DuCLuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
Yeah well I tried doing that and the game will not load my new roster into BAP, it will only load my previously edited roster from my Goalie BAP.
How do you change be a pro rosters at all? I haven't been able to load my created ones.

And also, my favorite things are
Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY
And hockey, but there were no smilies for that,

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

DuCLuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCLuX View Post
How do you change be a pro rosters at all? I haven't been able to load my created ones.
Honestly idk, I jut did it and it worked for my Goalie but then I tried doing it for my 2 Way Forward and it kept the Goalie's Roster even though I deleted it.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
DuCLuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
Honestly idk, I jut did it and it worked for my Goalie but then I tried doing it for my 2 Way Forward and it kept the Goalie's Roster even though I deleted it.
Damn, I can't get it to work for anything other than be a GM mode...

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuCLuX View Post
Damn, I can't get it to work for anything other than be a GM mode...
Idk man, wish I knew. really wish I knew.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
DuCLuX

Same. Hate be a pro with a passion. Just not fun to me. Achievements are fun though.

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Stigga97

Anyone have any insight for this, I am in my 3rd be a pro season with my pro. I'm getting sick of being rank 2-3 every year for the running and losing to scrub players like Spezza, and Fillpula.
Stigga97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
DuCLuX

I haven't gotten it yet, I gave up, but honestly all I can think of is waiting till they retire by simming through seasons, or finding out how to take em outta the roster.

Girls
Guns
ALL THINGS PARTY

Ya, so anyways, I am

StA GeTWrEcKeD

Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #11
Peelman

PainIsGod's Gamercard
Steps to edit rosters for BAP:

Create the roster you want: From the Main Menu, go to "My NHL 13," "Roster Management," then "Player Movement." It is best to move the players to Europe and not just drop them to free agency. When they are free agents, they'll end up signing with new teams when you start BAP. When moved to Europe, they either play one season or the duration of their contract before getting back to the NHL player pool.

Save the roster: After you've made the changes you like, back in the "My NHL 13" menu, select "Save/Load/Delete." Save the roster and try to rename it to something you'll recognize later, like "Edited Roster" or "Stacked Bruins." The "Roster1" file is a default name that the online rosters save to. If you do not rename it a roster update could overwrite it.

Load the roster: If you saved the roster previously, you will need to load it before starting your BAP career. From "My NHL 13," go to "Save/Load/Delete," select "Load," select "Rosters," and then pick the file that has the rosters you'd like your BAP to start with.

Start your BAP career: Immediately after loading the edited roster file, start your BAP career and the teams starting rosters will be what you created.

How to get back to most recent online rosters:
  1. Go to "XBox Live" from main menu.
  2. Select "My Online NHL 13"
  3. Select "Download Rosters"
  4. Select the most recent online roster and download.
  5. It will ask if you would like to apply the online roster, say yes.

From there, your current offline roster should match the most recent online update. I'll usually save this roster too so I can simply load it from the menus rather than having to download and apply.
Peelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
mikeymud

Mikey Mud's Gamercard
Okay, I'm in my 2nd season as a center (2-way forward); about midway through the season, I'm ranked 2nd for the Selke. I was ranked 1st, and I'm not sure why. My current theory is that I started to use more stick lift maneuvers to hopefully create more takeaways, which worked somewhat, but it also got me more PIMs, and I dropped down to 4th. I'm slowly climbing back up by trying to avoid bad penalties, but we'll see...

As far as turnovers and takeaways, I'm not sure what criteria the game uses, but here's my experience as best I can determine:

Takeaways:
- poke checking and recovering the puck from an opposing player pinned to the boards counts as a takeaway
- poke checking an opposing skater, and recovering the puck within a certain amount of time will count as a takeaway; after a certain amount of time (greater than 0.5 s?), that is no longer a "takeaway" as much as it is picking up a loose puck
- intercepting a pass: not counting as a takeaway from what I can tell
- stick lifting and picking up the puck from an opposing skater = takeaway

Turnovers:
- getting stick lifted and poke checked and losing the puck counts as a takeaway
- having a pass intercepted = turnover
- I don't think I've experienced this much, but some people have claimed that icing or clearing the puck from the defensive zone may count as a turnover?
mikeymud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #13
RendoDBI

RendoDBI's Gamercard
I'll tell you exactly how I think it works to get this achievement, even though I don't have it yet. I just finished my 2nd season as a TWF Center and I came in 2nd to Datysuk.

He had something like 50 points, 50 Turnovers, 156 Takeaways, MINUS 12, 1700 minutes played 60% Faceoff% 30 pims and 130 hits.

I had 150 points, +135, 35 turnovers, 165 takeaways, 240 hits, 2200 minutes played, 59% Faceoff % and 26 pims.

HE won with a minus 12. I was ranked 2-5 all season never getting #1. Save for his FO%, I dominated him in every other category that you could relate to "defensive" forward, yet I still lost out to a MINUS player. My belief is that since our takeaways were so close, EA uses that to determine what's considered "defensive". And it's averaged out over your time played. Since I only had a few more takeaways then him, but with an additional 500 minutes played, his Takeaways per 60 minutes was better, therefore that's how he won. It's the only possible explanation based on the stats.
RendoDBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
mgftp

Is the consensus that your guy needs to be a center to get the Selke?

I have a BAP setup with a TWF as a winger and into my second season I am being told one of my season expectations is to win the Selke. So I am tracking for it, just wondering if not having the faceoff stat or not playing center prevents me.
mgftp is offline   Reply With Quote