Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #241
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Why in TVHM 2.5, shields as a shield become useless? At this point in the game, the only benefit I get from my shield is the amp damage from it. The actual shield is more like an extension of my health and doesn't really protect me from bullets much. Even being level 50, good gear, good skills, I still get instantly killed by everything around me.
I agree it's a joke, which I why I just use the Bee. I might as well get the benefit of the amplify bonus on my 20k Bee Shield vs. any of the 50, 60 or 70k shields which are depleted after I get hit twice anyway.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #242
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I agree it's a joke, which I why I just use the Bee. I might as well get the benefit of the amplify bonus on my 20k Bee Shield vs. any of the 50, 60 or 70k shields which are depleted after I get hit twice anyway.
The difficulty in that regard seems a bit unbalanced. I know when I went through PT2.5 in BL1 I didn't have problems like that.

Crawmerax didn't even hit that hard.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #243
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
It's mostly due to this bizarre definition of 'difficulty'. that a lot of developers seem to have. Just giving enemies more health and damage output is a lazy way of making a game difficult.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #244
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
These sidequests are unoriginal and not much thought was put into for endgame completion. After killing certain people and then going and doing sidequests and hearing them talk about the quest while doing it -- ie making direct comments to my actions -- is annoying and makes no sense.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #245
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
I agree on the shields discussion. Itīs just stupid. Iīm level 50, my gear is all purple or orange, my melee damage with Zer0 can reach more than 1000K of damage under certain conditions, and yet, while playing along to farm, I donīt feel that much powerful because of the insane amounts of health the enemies have and doesnīt matter which shield I use, it always goes down sooo easy.

The Bee ... I donīt get where all the noise come from now that I finally get to collect two, after hearing everyone that it was a game breaker shield. Yes, 22K of recharge rate and the 50K damage bonus for an amp shot, playing four Co-Op game against one single enemy and everyone with a The Bee knowing that the enemy canīt take down everyones shield down at the same time, and the recharge rate being so high...well, no enemy can face that (Terramorphus goes down soooo easy with this strategy). But other than that, for my melee oriented and pistols as main gun Zer0, The Bee is useless.

Also, I really need several things from the game right now:

-An update for the loot drops quality. I hate to kill The Warrior or Terramorphus so often and they dropping thousand white shits no one cares about and two or three purple and orange stuff that not always are better than you already have.

-Level Cap.

-A fix on the Sanctuary Chest. I just stop opening that chest till the game is finally done, with every single level cap and every patch. It really seems that the kind of things you can get tend to repeat themselves and is not that much of the mega legendary oberpowered stuff I was expecting.

-Level Cap. NOW!!

- Fix the rare and legendary rate drop. I have only get to see 4 orange things in the whole game till level 50 and with a little bit of farming. I feel the first game got that better, you use to see more quality variety in the drops.

-Level Cap. F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-O-W!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #246
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
The Bee ... I donīt get where all the noise come from now that I finally get to collect two, after hearing everyone that it was a game breaker shield. Yes, 22K of recharge rate and the 50K damage bonus for an amp shot, playing four Co-Op game against one single enemy and everyone with a The Bee knowing that the enemy canīt take down everyones shield down at the same time, and the recharge rate being so high...well, no enemy can face that (Terramorphus goes down soooo easy with this strategy). But other than that, for my melee oriented and pistols as main gun Zer0, The Bee is useless.
Using The Bee on a melee build is doing it wrong, no?

Wouldn't a Maylay shield be better? I have no idea if there is a legendary version however? :/
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #247
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
I agree on the shields discussion. Itīs just stupid. Iīm level 50, my gear is all purple or orange, my melee damage with Zer0 can reach more than 1000K of damage under certain conditions, and yet, while playing along to farm, I donīt feel that much powerful because of the insane amounts of health the enemies have and doesnīt matter which shield I use, it always goes down sooo easy.

Also, I really need several things from the game right now:

-An update for the loot drops quality. I hate to kill The Warrior or Terramorphus so often and they dropping thousand white shits no one cares about and two or three purple and orange stuff that not always are better than you already have.

-Level Cap.

-A fix on the Sanctuary Chest. I just stop opening that chest till the game is finally done, with every single level cap and every patch. It really seems that the kind of things you can get tend to repeat themselves and is not that much of the mega legendary oberpowered stuff I was expecting.

-Level Cap. NOW!!

- Fix the rare and legendary rate drop. I have only get to see 4 orange things in the whole game till level 50 and with a little bit of farming. I feel the first game got that better, you use to see more quality variety in the drops.

-Level Cap. F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-O-W!!
The Bee rapes everything in the main game, but doesn't help much when taking on Hyperious or Master Gee.

The Bee is very useful though, even on a melee/pistol build of Zer0. Try using the Infinity pistol. Might as well be an MSG or Assault rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
Using The Bee on a melee build is doing it wrong, no?

Wouldn't a Maylay shield be better? I have no idea if there is a legendary version however? :/
The Order shield might be useful with a law type pistol. Even moreso if the pistol has a blade on it.

Black hole, and Hide of Teramorphis might also be useful.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #248
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
The Bee rapes everything in the main game, but doesn't help much when taking on Hyperious or Master Gee.

The Bee is very useful though, even on a melee/pistol build of Zer0. Try using the Infinity pistol. Might as well be an MSG or Assault rifle.
Thatīs the thing too: Farming The Bee was boring as hell, and I dinīt feel that much rewarded, therefor, I have quit farming legendary stuff. Also, heads, after killing henry over 40 times and no head I just rage quit.

I think Iīll stay as I am. Not going to do anything with zer0 any more till thereīs a level cap and I have the DLCs, so I will give him a rest. I opened several times the golden chest of sanctuary and Iīm sticking with most of it. I donīt think I really need to farm for the best uberpowered equipment, or at least, I donīt see the use of it right now. Once we reach final level cap? Who knows.

Quote:
The Order shield might be useful with a law type pistol. Even moreso if the pistol has a blade on it.

Black hole, and Hide of Teramorphis might also be useful.
Yes, The Order plus The Law combo is basically my top wish for Zer0, but again, I think Iīm waiting for the final level cap, wait to see if that level cap affects playthrough 2.5 of the vanilla game (not DLC content) and if my non active side mission do level up as well as the mission rewards. Iīm also saving my remaining golden keys and actually expect to have around 20 to collect for when the game is done done (final level cap, all DLCs mayor and minor, no more golden keys and all of the patches).

Itīs weird, because I really want to keep playing this awesome game, but at the same time Iīm in this waiting state for the game to grow.

SolarFury: Maylay is fine. But actually right now Iīm using several types of shields. My inventory is full of different shields, guns and grenades to complete all of the challenges. Regulary, Nova shields and spike damage are usually also valid answers for me, mainly because a 100% melee Zer0 is going to be not only doing lots of melee damage, but also receiving it,and the spike damage and nova explosions do come in handy, especially for the damage over time of the status effects for fight for your life mode.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #249
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
If you remember anything from BL1, the enemies scaled up to your level and leveled with you when you had Knoxx and Claptrap DLC. I figured the same principle would apply in this game as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #250
Orange Man

Orng Man's Gamercard
THIS FORUM EXISTs?!?!?!?!? D:
Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #251
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Quote:
The difficulty in that regard seems a bit unbalanced. I know when I went through PT2.5 in BL1 I didn't have problems like that.

Crawmerax didn't even hit that hard.
Crawmerax was fully capable of knocking out your defenses in a few hits. The good thing was you could breathe around him and he had a mostly reliable supply of Crabs and maggots to get up if you died.

Anyway, I can sum up what I want to say by just saying: DLC.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #252
bloodswan

bloodswan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I must have killed the BNK-3R well over 300 times and I've still got no fucking heads from it. It is beyond a joke.
bloodswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #253
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just lost more than half my badass rank.

My game froze and when I reset, I only had a 14,000+ badass rank when I previously had a 30,000+ badass rank. I had kept my stats even, so it wasn't unbalanced. I just reassigned everything and now instead of all my stats being +11% they are at best +7%.

Goddamnit Gearbox! >.<
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #254
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Where is the next DLC I'm sitting ducks here with my MSP. Hot-fixes here bullshitting there, I'm getting tired of this. Bring it out already!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #255
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Why in the hell is this not pinned?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #256
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i dont even understand why bl2 has a bitching thread. its awesome
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #257
Zumato

Zumato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabastermatt View Post
i dont even understand why bl2 has a bitching thread. its awesome
Just about every game has a bitching thread.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #258
Regarded Llama

Regarded Llama's Gamercard
Only got 2 real problems with this game;

1) Zer0; I went Mordecai in the original, and when specced correctly his Bloodwing specialty was good, had a not too low amount of health and could hit big damage, so I chose Zer0 when I started Borderlands 2 as I thought he would be similar. However, his ability is near on useless.
Yes you can hit massive melee damage if you purely spec for that, but you only regain Deception if you kill an enemy in one stab, which on TVHM rarely happens as most of the enemies are either badasses or super badasses. He also has stupidly low health, even with health increasing relics, class mods and shields I have significantly less health than Axton's base HP, and as a result I find myself getting downed a stupid amount of times, with deception offering little help for surviving. At least as Mordecai, you could use Bloodwing or the shield ignoring skill to increase your chances of survival.
Even specced for higher gun damage Zer0 isn't great, as everything relies on either being the first bullet, a critical hit or hitting multiple enemies with the B0re skill, and as a result, the damage isn't that much better than normal for a lot of the time.
I just think in comparison to the other 4 classes and their abilities', Zer0 is horribly under-powered, and it's frustrating to see everybody else's ability slaughtering enemies with minimal fuss, while all Zer0 can do is go invisible for 5 seconds.

2) The DLC. I think the DLC is okay, but after setting the standards so high with the Borderlands 1 DLC, especially Secret Armory and Claptrap's revolution, and the base Borderlands 2 game; the 3 DLC's that have been released so far are pretty poor. Yes the Campaign of Carnage is quite good because of the sheer stupidity of it, but it's way too short, as are Pirate's Booty and Big Game Hunt (I honestly don't think Big Game Hunt took me much longer than an hour).
The DLC's also don't really offer much good loot. I thought the introduction of the Seraph dealer seemed like a good idea, but honestly, the weapons aren't that good in comparison to a lot of orange, purple or even blue loot out of the base game, with no special abilities to make up for the lack of power. I think the pearlescent weapons and shields from Secret Armory were great, and made it worth farming Crawmerax, whereas now, farming the new 'Invincibles' gets you Seraph crystals which you can use to buy mediocre weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but there are a few elements of Borderlands 1 which I think are much, much better than this. And I thought the Season Pass sounded great, four DLC's for the price of 3, but obviously my expectations were too high after the Borderlands 1 DLC.
Hopefully, this non-season DLC, which even though I'm not particularly happy about paying for after the season DLC, will at least offer a level cap increase, decent new weapons, and in general attempt to make up for the uninspiring first 3 DLC's of Borderlands 2.

Rant over
Oblivion (1250/1250)
Mercenaries 2 (1000/1000)
Assassain's Creed II (1000/1000)
Call of Duty: World at War (1500/1500)
Fallout: New Vegas (1530/1530)
Fable 3 (1250/1250)
Call of Duty 4 (1000/1000)
LA Noire (1100/1100)
Skyrim (1550/1550)
Forza Motorsport 4 (1250/1250)
RAGE (1000/1000)
Borderlands 2 (1375/1375)
BioShock Infinite (1000/1000)

Regarded Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #259
SM Rollinger

SM Rollinger's Gamercard
Is anybody having problems with this game freezing up excessively since they did the last hotfix?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #260
Pir8 Matticus

Pir8 Matticus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
Is anybody having problems with this game freezing up excessively since they did the last hotfix?
I've only had that happen once and it was today. Luckily I had just reached a save point so I was able to eject the disc, restart the game, and everything was fine.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #261
Im Blackened

xStott's Gamercard
Jimmy Jenkins' spawn rate is just plain ridiculous. He's hard enough to get once, and they expect you to kill him like 15 times to get the tier 5 challenge.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #262
o jcob jones o

o jcob jones o's Gamercard
My level 50 assassin(first and probably last character) with quite a few legendaries and 4 or more days of gameplay on it got completely erased out of no where... WTF game froze while I was playing and when I went to main menu my assassin apparently doesnt even exist.

o jcob jones o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #263
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Thumbs down

UVHM: Now I don't argue with the difficulty and everything, that's fine by me BUT the motherfucking RESPAWNING of enemies makes me go nuts.

I have banked +300h into BL2 and never had any problems with this.

Seems to me they fixed the spawn-time in certain locations. Fucking hate it when you clear a area, go to the objective, then back to the exit and you have to fight your way through the horde of idiots AGAIN and AGAIN and yeah AGAIN.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #264
Fand3nsOld3mor

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
UVHM: Now I don't argue with the difficulty and everything, that's fine by me BUT the motherfucking RESPAWNING of enemies makes me go nuts.

I have banked +300h into BL2 and never had any problems with this.

Seems to me they fixed the spawn-time in certain locations. Fucking hate it when you clear a area, go to the objective, then back to the exit and you have to fight your way through the horde of idiots AGAIN and AGAIN and yeah AGAIN.
I noticed that something definitely was changed when I killed Terra. Started to look through the loot, and instantly those tentacles start spawning around me. Did not see that one coming...
Fand3nsOld3mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #265
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fand3nsOld3mor View Post
I noticed that something definitely was changed when I killed Terra. Started to look through the loot, and instantly those tentacles start spawning around me. Did not see that one coming...
That problem has been around for a while actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #266
Fand3nsOld3mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
That problem has been around for a while actually.
Did not know that. Must be a while since I've killed him then.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #267
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Man I managed to get the Mechromancer Skill - UPSHOT ROBOT to over 600x at Pyro Pete's Bar and the game breaks, can't keep up with the amount of damage and multiplier. SO LAME!

Upshot Robot: While Deathtrap is active if you or Deathtrap kill an enemy it increases Deathtrap's Duration and grants both of you a stackable Melee Damage bonus. Bonuses are lost when Deathtrap goes away.

Killing an enemy adds 5 seconds ot Deathtrap's Duration. +4% Melee Damage per stack.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #268
Fand3nsOld3mor

NOW Im annoyed. Live is down, and now every DLC is as well. "You can not earn xp beyond lvl 50 bla bla"

"always online" is a great idea.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #269
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fand3nsOld3mor View Post
NOW Im annoyed. Live is down, and now every DLC is as well. "You can not earn xp beyond lvl 50 bla bla"

"always online" is a great idea.
But I do like Tiny Tina so much haha!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #270
Revenant Ex

Revenant Ex's Gamercard
I havent had much luck with guns so im running with pretty cruddy ones on Lv 43. But for some reason, I always get swarms of Buzzards and they always end up beating the crap out of me. Its probably just me though. But apart from that, im not too fond of Zer0.
Revenant Ex is offline   Reply With Quote