PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
patriotsboy62

Duncan on Xbox's Gamercard
Diamond Pickaxe

Im pretty sure they made the diamond pickaxe weaker in one of the updates. Anyone agree?
patriotsboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsboy62 View Post
Im pretty sure they made the diamond pickaxe weaker in one of the updates. Anyone agree?
It seems the same to me?!
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
nope still the same
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Yeah it's the same as it's always been.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Terra Branford

Diamond Pickaxes indeed retain the same durablility we've all come to know and love... and if you enchant them with Efficiency V and, Unbreaking III, you not only have a far longer lasting Pickaxe, but one that rampages through blocks like a mo-fo.

I'm just sad they couldn't patch it forward for 1.8.2x Beta on the 360.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Diamond tools are still good as ever. I can't use Iron tools now as I rip threw them like a knife through warm butter. Terra, I agree, enchanted items would be beast. Just have to wait for the next update I guess.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Diamond tools are still good as ever. I can't use Iron tools now as I rip threw them like a knife through warm butter. Terra, I agree, enchanted items would be beast. Just have to wait for the next update I guess.
I had the same experience... I used to rely on Iron tools almost exclusively... but found that I was having to carry around nine Shovels (for underwater harvesting), or five Pickaxes... now I only need two Diamond Shovels, and one Diamond Pickaxe for the same tasks.

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds, there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

As for Enchanting... thankfully, while we wait for it to come to the 360, players have time to harvest tons of Sugar Cane, Leather, and Wood, to make all the Bookcases they'll need for a full-powered "Level 30" Enchanting Table. I wonder... will they give us the original "Level 50", or the current "Level 30"... hmmm.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
As for Enchanting... thankfully, while we wait for it to come to the 360, players have time to harvest tons of Sugar Cane, Leather, and Wood, to make all the Bookcases they'll need for a full-powered "Level 30" Enchanting Table. I wonder... will they give us the original "Level 50", or the current "Level 30"... hmmm.
bookshelves were a lot cheaper in that version since the leather thing is new to go with us being able to write in the books onpc
Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
ezzyduzzzit

ezzyduzzzit's Gamercard
Quote:
I had the same experience... I used to rely on Iron tools almost exclusively... but found that I was having to carry around nine Shovels (for underwater harvesting), or five Pickaxes... now I only need two Diamond Shovels, and one Diamond Pickaxe for the same tasks.

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds , there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

Reveal your secret! Now lol
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 AM   #10
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
bookshelves were a lot cheaper in that version since the leather thing is new to go with us being able to write in the books onpc
That's even better, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzyduzzzit View Post
Reveal your secret! Now lol
My secret? I don't really have a secret... just "common knowledge" and patience. Since Diamonds are most commonly found at Layer 12, that's where I look.

I just dig "straight down" until I'm standing on "Layer 10" (the map will show Y: 12). I then dig a straight-forward tunnel going in any direction (it honestly doesn't matter which way you head), and just dig a two tall, by one wide tunnel, until I get lucky. If I find nothing, going in that direction, I'll head back to where I started off, and go the other way, doing the same thing. Eventually you'll hit caverns, and open caves... and Diamonds.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The only time it was different was before Beta 1.2 when the tools had a slightly lower amount of uses.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds, there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

My girlfriend takes 5 diamond pickaxes and 5 diamond shovels, and after she goes mining, comes out with 1 pickaxe. The most relentless miner ever. Always around 20 diamonds, and a shit ton of other ores. She can find diamonds on a new world in around 5 minutes.

I hope we get level 50 enchantments, it just sounds better than 30 haha.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
I hope we get level 50 enchantments, it just sounds better than 30 haha.
sounds better but was infact a hell of alot worse
Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
DeathByDespair

Send a message via Skype™ to DeathByDespair

DeathByDespair's Gamercard
I haven't really noticed any change in it. Maybe you are using it more and just not paying attention
DeathByDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

You could always uninstall the game, redownload and prior to patching, time how long it takes a diamond pickaxe to get through obsidian. Then, patch your game and time it again. This would be the definitive test. If its really that important, that is...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsboy62 View Post
Weaker as in durability or mining time? Because if you compare the PC to the xbox version then there's a difference because they changed the mining time on some blocks in an update.
And if it's durability... You sure you're not using it on the wrong blocks?

Either way I don't notice anything different.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote