PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
GNobles

GNobles's Gamercard
Unhappy Did I screw up? Missable acheivement???

Maybe a stupid question - but did I totally miss out on the "Bound Until Death" acheivement if I already defeated the Dark Brotherhood?

If so, I REALLY wish things like these were listed under "missable" in the guide.

Please tell me I didn't screw up!!!
GNobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The last quest in the brotherhood questline is bound until death. Pretty sure you cant miss it.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNobles View Post
Maybe a stupid question - but did I totally miss out on the "Bound Until Death" acheivement if I already defeated the Dark Brotherhood?

If so, I REALLY wish things like these were listed under "missable" in the guide.

Please tell me I didn't screw up!!!
by defeated... do you mean you killed the dark brotherhood? If so then yes you missed it. If by defeated you mean youve done all the quest.... then no you should get it upon completion of the final quest. cant recall if i had to go back to the sanctuary before it popped
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is why I keep my iPad with the game guide handy. I missed one earlier in the main game, with the Oblivion Walker Daedric artifacts one but doubled up on another to get it.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
GNobles

GNobles's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure I killed the dark Brotherhood. I glanced at the achievement guide but not close enough. I thought I only needed the "Friends Like these" achievement so I reloaded after that and killed the chick in the abandoned house.

Sooooooooooo stupid!!!

I still think it would be nice if it were mentioned in the missible section. I don't like to read the guide too closely at first because I want very few spoilers so I normally glance at missable and make myself aware of those only.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Guides and spoilers aren't always a good thing to some but for me, I need that stuff to get by because I hate missing stuff and having to do it over.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I killed the dark Brotherhood. I glanced at the achievement guide but not close enough. I thought I only needed the "Friends Like these" achievement so I reloaded after that and killed the chick in the abandoned house.

Sooooooooooo stupid!!!

I still think it would be nice if it were mentioned in the missible section. I don't like to read the guide too closely at first because I want very few spoilers so I normally glance at missable and make myself aware of those only.
Its not technically miss-able though. The only way to "miss" it is to destroy the dark brotherhood, which is something one should never do. I think you can miss all the guild achievements by attacking the guilds outright instead of joining them(they then agro on you and you cant join them), but why would you do that?

The DB is always some of the most fun quest in Elder Scrolls games, so the player shouldnt be deciding to attack Astrid in the shack unless they want to miss out on the quests. (Hell even Morrowind's Assassins guild is fun). Likewise, three achievements exist with the quest line.... do you have the second one?

I would suggest reverting to that old save you spoke of. If you dont have it anymore.... then you have just learned the Elder Scrolls #1 rule. Save often with a unique save file every time, no overwrites. (Bugs/glitches and bad player choices make this a must in all elder scrolls games.) If you do have it, start the DB quests.... finish them and then go back to your main game.

If no files exist for you. Start a new game and go find the kid praying for the orphanage ladies death. dont kill astrid in the shack and have fun in the DB. Get your achievement and then go back to your main game.

Last edited by ShaggyB; 09-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
GNobles

GNobles's Gamercard
Well it is missable because ive missed it. This is my first Elder Scrolls game. So I really had no clue about the dark brotherhood quests. I only destroyed them because it was a quest. I didn't Realize it would prevent me from getting achievements since I read here that there was only one missable acheivement.

It would be helpful for this to be listed as missable since some people are new.

And no, I dont have that other save. But I've learned my lesson!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Well it is missable because ive missed it. This is my first Elder Scrolls game. So I really had no clue about the dark brotherhood quests. I only destroyed them because it was a quest. I didn't Realize it would prevent me from getting achievements since I read here that there was only one missable acheivement.

It would be helpful for this to be listed as missable since some people are new.

And no, I dont have that other save. But I've learned my lesson!!!
There was no mission to kill astrid in the shack. You chose to do that on your own. then the mission pops for killing the rest of the DB. Its thrown in as a what if, generally speaking if youve taken the time to go see the child and kill the orphanage lady, you are trying to get to the the DB.

I recommend starting a new save and just get to them asap.