Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
hoe did the covi and forerunners last so long......

Their weapons are shit! If you examine the damage ration/scale to the Spartans, how can these aliens have such a stronghold? In match making, a few DMR/BR shot will cut you down while you have to empty a storm rifle or scattershot from full to empty clip to drop anyone...LOL.. The only comparable weapons the aliens have are the fuel cannon and the forerunner cannon. Aside from those it's a bb gun against a high caliber gun battle....
But I guess when it's you against the universe, those crappy weapons (in mass) deal some damage....
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:01 AM   #2
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Their weapons are shit! If you examine the damage ration/scale to the Spartans, how can these aliens have such a stronghold? In match making, a few DMR/BR shot will cut you down while you have to empty a storm rifle or scattershot from full to empty clip to drop anyone...LOL.. The only comparable weapons the aliens have are the fuel cannon and the forerunner cannon. Aside from those it's a bb gun against a high caliber gun battle....
But I guess when it's you against the universe, those crappy weapons (in mass) deal some damage....
If you've actually read the books, you'll know that their weapons are most definitely not "shit". You really shouldn't judge cannonized weapons by how they perform in an adapted video game.

But let's run through this, shall we?

Quote:
If you examine the damage ration/scale to the Spartans, how can these aliens have such a stronghold?
Setting aside your unknownables about the actual Halo universe, the Covenant have such a stronghold because they're a super-conglomerate of alien species all pursuing the same goal. Oh, and they've relatively mastered the art of space combat and travel when compared to the primitive humans.

Ignoring all this though, you learn plainly in Halo 4 that humanity was once a very fierce and powerful species, so powerful that the Forerunners nearly drove them to extinction; only a handful was saved thanks to the Librarian (although they were sent effectively back to the stone age). The reason the Covenant are so powerful is because Humanity was severely stunted in its regrowth.

Have you even played the Halo 4 campaign?

Quote:
In match making, a few DMR/BR shot will cut you down while you have to empty a storm rifle or scattershot from full to empty clip to drop anyone...LOL..
You must be pretty terrible with a scattershot if it takes you the entire clip to kill a player...LOL..

And as a player who's nearly maxed the Storm Rifle commendation, you couldn't be any more wrong. Much like with the AR, I stomp DMR kids left and right if they're stupid enough to play a CQC game with me. If you think the Storm Rifle is so terribad, perhaps refrain from using it at range?

Quote:
The only comparable weapons the aliens have are the fuel cannon and the forerunner cannon. Aside from those it's a bb gun against a high caliber gun battle....
You've never been dropped by a Beam Rifle/Binary Rifle or strafed incorrectly into a needler cloud? Dude come on, you're exaggerating so much it's hard not to cringe.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. You're the same guy who thinks the LR is a terrible weapon despite taking fewer shots to kill a player when compared to both the BR and DMR.

Frankly, I know scores of players who'd completely throw you around the map with their "BB guns" while you struggle to stand using that DMR as your prized crutch. That's about as blunt as I can be.

Last edited by Hishoa; 05-11-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:08 AM   #3
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Doesn't seem like you've read the books then. If you have, you would know that in the beginning of the spartan program, it was extremely dangerous for the Spartans since the Plasma weapons would go right through their armour. Only later on when the energy shield came into action did the Spartans have more protection.

With the Marines though, it's never changed since getting shot with just one needle from the Needler would be enough to knock a marine onto his hind-quarters and then explode in his/her arms.

You can't only look at the matchmaking. That's going to give you an enormously lopsided opinion or view of it.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
This has to be the most kiddy assessment I've read in a while which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
... You really shouldn't judge cannonized weapons by how they perform in an adapted video game.
that single sentence from Hishoa basically nullified ajennice's analysis.