Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
brentscribner21

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
Ok for the 95 cars achievement?

Are u suppose to just get lucky and find the last few cars?
brentscribner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pretty much, just read the guide to see where the ones you need normally are. Some people say there are tricks im not sure they work however
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
brentscribner21

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
Lol that's it seems a like many hours of messing around
brentscribner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Sadly yes .
Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
ozbuffinatic

ozbundyboy's Gamercard
I'm stuck on finding a few of the cars, especially the Buick Ambulance, International KB5 and International Police Wagon.

I read somewhere that the Buick Ambulance is available in The Fallen Idol traffic case after June Ballard enters the hospital but they don't mention it disappears and it goes straight from you seeing her with her lawyer to the tail her scene.
ozbuffinatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #6
JediJake

Makumazon's Gamercard
I ended up giving up on this after a while. I love the game though, so I need to revisit this and put some hard time into getting this achievement.

Hopefully I will be going afterwords.
JediJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
OrionSatsume

mastrchief34's Gamercard
There is a quick method to finding the cars you need easily.

Go to the car showroom and bring up the model you still need (it'll be blacked out). Press the X button then back out to the main menu.

From there go to the cases menu and pick L.A. free roam off any of the desks. When you come out of the station the car you need should be driving on the street. It usually makes up the majority of the traffic in the immediate vicinity.

Stuff like ambulances and police vehicles you need to find yourself. Non-civilian vehicles spawn in set locations.
OrionSatsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
JediJake

Makumazon's Gamercard
I'll have to try that. I haven't put the game back in yet as I have had 4 other games come out over the last month, so I have been spending a lot of time on those.

A huge Thank You to XxLil Raver xX for the awesome sig and Rajeanero for the awesome Avatar!
JediJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Toaster Forster

seasick sausage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSatsume View Post
There is a quick method to finding the cars you need easily.

Go to the car showroom and bring up the model you still need (it'll be blacked out). Press the X button then back out to the main menu.

From there go to the cases menu and pick L.A. free roam off any of the desks. When you come out of the station the car you need should be driving on the street. It usually makes up the majority of the traffic in the immediate vicinity.

Stuff like ambulances and police vehicles you need to find yourself. Non-civilian vehicles spawn in set locations.
Not quite right, you must have been looking at the PS3 method, its not the 'X' button its the 'A' button ( x button on the ps3 being in the same place as the A button on the 360 controller) and it only works on the 2 and 4 door vehicles though it may work on a few of the others. And its got to be free roam on the Homocide cases. Car you selected should be in the car park opposite the police station.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #10
OrionSatsume

mastrchief34's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster Forster View Post
Not quite right, you must have been looking at the PS3 method, its not the 'X' button its the 'A' button ( x button on the ps3 being in the same place as the A button on the 360 controller) and it only works on the 2 and 4 door vehicles though it may work on a few of the others. And its got to be free roam on the Homocide cases. Car you selected should be in the car park opposite the police station.
You press X on the 360. its the button to change the color. You can go to any desk as well. I'm not saying the Homicide station's car park doesn't work, but I found the cars actually in traffic on the street.
OrionSatsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
Toaster Forster

seasick sausage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSatsume View Post
You press X on the 360. its the button to change the color. You can go to any desk as well. I'm not saying the Homicide station's car park doesn't work, but I found the cars actually in traffic on the street.
Been pressing X for nearly a week since you originally posted and it never once worked. Yesterday looked elsewhere on another forum and found to press A and to do on Homocide cases and got all what i needed in about half hour and achievement popped. Maybe its just 'one of those things' as they say.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Sinful Samhein

Sinful Samhein's Gamercard
There was no easy way, this just straight up sucked. Though it was satisfying to finally complete.
Sinful Samhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
BL4Z1NGBULL3T

Send a message via Skype™ to BL4Z1NGBULL3T

BL4Z1NG BULL3T's Gamercard
Yeah this is definitely the hardest, ut it's indeed very much luck-based...
Try to search on youtube, there is one video that shows you 20 cars per part of the video...
I used that one and it did work pretty well for me... Tough, the hippie bus was a pain in the ass for me...
BL4Z1NGBULL3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
MR ROYAL 03

MR ROYAL 03's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
A combination of the guide on this site and the L.A Noire wiki is what got me the achievement yesterday.

Looking to boost: Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Red Dead Redemption, F1 2010, Fight Night Round 4, NBA 2K14
MR ROYAL 03 is offline   Reply With Quote