PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
I've finally started a New Manager Career Mode with Sheffield United in English League One while playing on World Class Difficulty.

Starting with a Budget of £1,600,000 there were only a couple of assets worth over 500k to sell, so I had to largely rely on Player exchange Deals plus Cash to be able to Sign Players.

My intention when starting a Sheffield United Career Mode was to Sell all of my Backup Players and valuable First Team Players to fund Signing young Players with high Potential or large scope for Attribute Growth using the Database. (Here)

Sheffield United - Season 1 - Summer Transfer Window

Players Out:
Kevin McDonald - £1.9m to Blackburn
Harry Maguire - 750k to Leicester
Ryan Flynn - 400k to Derby
Michael Doyle - 200k to Leicester
Marcus Williams - 325k to Charlton
+ Others Players used in Player Exchanges

Players In:
Jereon Lumu - 900k (600k + 300k Player) from Willem II (Eredivisie)
Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)
Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)
Scott Fraser - 50k from Dundee United (SPL)
Alessio Cragno - 500k from Brescia (Serie B)
Vyacheslav Podberezkin - 725k* from Lokomotiv Moskva (Russian League)
Menno Koch - 250k plus a Player* from PSV (Eredivisie)
Lucas Torro - 550k from RM Castilla (Liga Adelante)
Aleksandr Putsko - 425k from Spartak Moskva (Russian League)

Note - Some of the Fee's given above do not count Players that were included with the Cash in an exchange Deal. Unfortunately there is no record of the Players or the Values of these Players that were included in the Transfer Deals.

As I've now reached January of 2013 in Career Mode, I can confirm that these Players have improved considerably from their original Transfer Values and Attribute Levels so here are their Stats from the Database with some of Details about them.

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto January 2013)
GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - A: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+4 To 64
Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.
CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - A:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+3 To 65
Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the Fee.
CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - A:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+5 To 67
Description: Putsko is another big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.
LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.
CM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - A:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+2 To 65
Description: Lucas Torro is another giant at 6ft 3", can play CM/CAM/CF/CDM.
CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52
Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.
CAM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - A:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+5 To 67
Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.
ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.
ST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - A:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+3 To 66
Description: Lumu like Barkroth is also very Fast but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

When you consider that some of these Players have increased by +6 in around 5 Months, I would definitely recommend all of them for any Lower League Club or even as Backup's to Loan out when Managing bigger Clubs.
Update 2:
Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've now reached April of Season One so I thought I would Update the Thread with my January Transfer Window signings, once again they are Bargain High Potential young Players which will only grow in their Attribute Level and also in Value by using the Database. (Here)

The majority of the Players that I signed in this January Window were the Players that were not available in the first Transfer Window due to having only just joined the Club that they were playing for.

Sheffield United - Season 1 - January Transfer Window

Players Out:
Danny Philliskirk - 550k to Dusseldorf
Nathan Blackman - 675k to Derby County
Miller - 575k to Ipswich Town
McAllister - 600k to Middlesbrough
Collins - 230k to Millwall
+ More in Player Exchange Deals

Players In:
Lucas Piazon - 575k (175k + Westlake worth 400k)
Norgaard - 375k (150k + Dave Kitson worth 225k)
Goretzka - 650k (590k + Chappel worrth 60k)
Marcos Junior - 800k (680k + Whitehouse worth 120k)

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth
Piazon - Chelsea - Age:18 - A:61 - P:85 - PG:+24
Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.
Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:18 - A:59 - P:81 - PG:+22
Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB, plays Right Back for me.
Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:17 - A:59 - P:84 - PG:+25
Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM
Marcos Junior - Fluminense - Age:19 - A:67 - P:82 - PG:+15
Description: A small but very fast CF/CAM. He was worth £1,200,000 and his Club said they only wanted 750k after I made an enquiry which was too good for me to turn down.

Looking at my starting 11 and some of my Substitutes at the end of the January Transfer Window they have an average Potential of 82, which is impressive when you consider the lack of money & assets I had available at the start of my Sheffield United Career and this should set me up well for having more money and talented Players in the coming Seasons.

While using this Team full of High Potential young Players I've won every Game so far in the League & Cups on World Class Difficulty, so here is a Video of the Season One Capital One League Cup Final below:

Sheffield United Vs Chelsea:
Capital One Cup Final
Season: One
Difficulty: World Class

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #32
bhsfifa45

muscledsutumn5's Gamercard
Question

I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.
bhsfifa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #33
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsfifa45 View Post
I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.
I might be wrong but I think fifafanatic only shows players with a potential of 75 and over, hence his potential might be lower than 75. Additionally, if he is a player who does not have a face on his information (i.e. a black shadow) he could very well be one of the scouted/youth academy players, hence his information wouldn't be on the database as he is not a real player.

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
Best players ive bought were

Loic Remy for £13, he is my top scorer and just scores for fun
Leandro from Gremio, cost me £4.7, he is only 19 and is just as good as Neymar but cheaper

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #35
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACdanstaface View Post
busquets for 2100
i think you might want to take him back and ask for your money back, he is broken, always on the floor in pain

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Good to see this gathering some early pace and having so many views already. I'll be contributing to this, hopefully with different teams and hence players across the whole year to give a large range of suggestions to a wide range of budgets.

I can add more recommendations after another half a season with Liverpool:

Team (4-3-3) - ter Stegen (85), Kelly (84), Hummels (88), Agger (86), Alaba (79), Witsel (87), Allen (88), Eriksen (88), Suarez (91), Jovetic (88), Assaidi (85)

Subs - Astori (83), Robinson (74), Romulo (83), Gerrard (83), Isco (79), Sturridge (86), Sterling (81)

Notable Reserves - Butland (70), Flanagan (73), Riley (76), Coates (82), Coady (72), Shelvey (78), Suso (72), Pacheco (78), Yesil (73), Sordell (76)

My summer acquisitions were Hummels, Alaba, Jovetic, Isco, Butland, Riley and Sordell.

Skrtel asked for a higher wage and then rejected my offer of a new contract two days later saying he wanted a change - wasn't quite sure what to make of that! However for £4.5m + Skrtel I got in Hummels who is a very good technical defender and one who many will be familiar with. I have technically weakened my squad over the summer but Johnson and Enrique had been distinctly average players for at least a season and were about to hit 30 so I sold them, bought Alaba (a very fast and gifted full back who has already grown very quickly) and showed commitment to promoting the young talents of Robinson and Riley.

Witsel, who I had recently acquired previously, is yet to really impress me however he has been good at getting forward and is an ideal partner for Allen in the defensive/playmaking shield. Isco has also started very brightly.

Jovetic is very highly recommended as he is a top class player with plenty of all round ability up front.

So that's a quick summary of any new players I've not yet raved about, here's a quick summary of my largest recommendations:

ter Stegen - GK - Borussia Moenchengladbach (Bundesliga) - Rating as of September 2014 - 85 - Great shot stopper with natural ability, all round high stats and plenty of potential growth.

Kelly - RB - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 84 - Fantastic defender who has also grown in attacking ability immensely in the last year or so.

Robinson - LB - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 74 - Young left back who shows very high levels of growth - fast, strong defender who excels in all necessary attributes.

Allen - CM - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 88 - First season simply a fantastic playmaker, now the complete package. New Gerrard without a shadow of a doubt, however boasts a passing ability Gerrard never did.

Eriksen - CAM - Ajax (Eredivisie) - Rating as of September 2014 - 88 - Relatively cheap given the growth you are likely to see. Given his high rating the speed with which he has grown has astonished me. Chipped in as third league top scorer last season and is actually a reasonable defender too.

Suso - CAM - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 73 - Given his low price, Suso is a no-brainer. Plays much better than his low(ish) rating and excels "in the hole". Skilful and cheap.

Suarez - CF - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 91 - Simply amazing. Averaged very, very nearly a goal a game last season across all competitions (nearly 60 games played) despite being deployed at RW. If you can afford him, MUST BUY.

Sturridge - ST - Chelsea (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 86 - Goalscorer, not to the level of Suarez but very good player with both an eye for goal and a natural ability on the ball.

Sterling - LW - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 81 - Play Sterling often and he will grow. And grow. And grow. And then grow some more. Talented enough at his initial rating (around 69 I believe?), play time will just develop him into a near-perfect winger who can not only cross, but play the ball and cut inside and score himself. And did I mention that he's incredibly fast and makes even Kyle Walker look slow?

I appreciate that's very long and a lot to take in, but I thought I hadn't been massively thorough in the past

Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #37
Boomerang Cat

Update 3: Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've recently reached the start Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the growth of my Bargain High Potential young Players which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

Start Of Season 2 - High Potential Young Player Growth Update
Formation 41212 (Narrow Diamond), including 2 Subs.

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto the Start of Season 2)
GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - SA: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+6 To 66
Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.
RB - Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:18 - SA:59 - P:81 - PG:+22 - GSF:+6 to 65
Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB, plays Right Back for me.
CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - SA:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+5 To 67
Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the Fee.
CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - SA:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+6 To 68
Description: Putsko is another big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.
LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - SA:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+7 To 65
DCM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - SA:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+4 To 67
Description: Lucas Torro is another giant at 6ft 3", can play CM/CAM/CF/CDM.
CRM - Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:17 - SA:59 - P:84 - PG:+25 - GSF:+6 to 65
Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM
CLM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - SA:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+6 To 68
Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.
CAM - Piazon - Chelsea - Age:18 - SA:61 - P:85 - PG:+24 - GSF:+7 to 68
Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.
RST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - SA:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+6 To 69
Description: Lumu like Barkroth is also very Fast but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.
LST - Marcos Junior - Fluminense - Age:19 - SA:67 - P:82 - PG:+15 - GSF:+5 to 72
Description: A small but very fast CF/CAM. He was worth £1,200,000 and his Club said they only wanted 750k after I made an enquiry which was too good for me to turn down.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - SA:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+7 To 53
Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.
ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - SA:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+6 To 64
Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Average Player Attribute Growth from Season One to Season Two = 77 divided by 13 Players = +5.923
Average Potential of the 13 Players = 1,061 divided by 13 = 81.516

When you look into the statistics above when taking into account that I started my FIFA 13 Career Mode with limited assets in English League One, the Squad that I have been able to assemble using the Database is nothing short of incredible.

These Players have all grown considerably in Attribute Level and Value and I look forward to the next Season where I will be playing plenty of Games, 46 League Games in The Championship, just under 20 League and F.A. Cup Games and just under 20 UEFA Cup Games if all goes to plan.

I will Update the Thread again with my Season 2 Summer Transfer Window transactions in the near future, where I will be looking to put together two entire Squads full of Bargain High Potential young Players to keep this experiment going.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-12-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #38
DarkerDai

DarkerDai's Gamercard
In my second season, I have come across a goalkeeper named Dragan Born. He plays fir B. M'gladbach.

Also, fifafanatics has a list of the top players in terms of development. Some players to watch out for are Leali (GK), Shaw (LB), Gabriel (CDM) and Merkel (AM).

"It's Riiiidge Racer!!!"

"Giant Enemy Crab."
DarkerDai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
Donat Kapesa

Fifa 13 carrer mode player ratings change

I started a carrer mode with Real Madrid in fifa 13 and many players improved already. I'm in January of my first season an Ronaldo is 93, Ramos 89, Hummels(from dortmund) 86, Danilo(from porto) 78, di maria 89, Benzema 89, higuain 87, Jese 74(from RM castilla) etc.. What I relized is that only my players are improving and the players from other teams are not. Such as Neymar still 85, gotze still 84, muniain still 80, brief, no player improved. I'm starting getting tired of fifa 13 ecause I bought it for carrer mode. Please, help me, Do i need to unlock player improvents or player ratings change at the end of every season the season If u have an answer, please tell me on facebook(look for Donat Kapesa) or send me an email to kapesadonat@yahoo.com because I don't login here every day!

Last edited by Donat Kapesa; 10-14-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Donat Kapesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #40
Nykstukas

A little update from me. As I mentioned earlier I made the step up to World Class from Pro for FIFA 13 and quickly found myself bottom of the table as Brentford.

Thankfully this tips video has helped me alter my play no end. I was approaching games in the same manner as this, but didn't know whether it was the right approach. Adding the off the ball runs to my tactics and exploiting the extra space means that I am scoring more often, and an extra patient approach means I am conceding fewer goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoLDIRKbLDo

In addition to Novikovas, Wynne, Ulm and Ali, I added the following in the January transfer window - Lumu, Minniecon, Piazon, Koch and Cragno. Now I'm just out of the relegation zone, but most of players are unhappy, which is a shame...
Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #41
Erick1011

SynisterWolf69's Gamercard
I joined this website just because of this thread!
I am currently managing Bradford City in the nPower League Two.
I wanted to point out that:

Free agents -
Marvin Bejarano - LB - OVR 68
Diego Cabrera - ST - OVR 66

...are both very reliable.

Cabrera is an all around striker. Top of the scoring charts, as well as best in assists table.

Bejarano is a short, powerful left back who won't rush forward much and will often overpower wingers. (He's also got 92 Stamina!)
Erick1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykstukas View Post
In addition to Novikovas, Wynne, Ulm and Ali, I added the following in the January transfer window - Lumu, Minniecon, Piazon, Koch and Cragno. Now I'm just out of the relegation zone, but most of players are unhappy, which is a shame...
It's nice to see that you are using some of the bargain high potential young Players mentioned in my Sheffield United Career Mode Updates.

I've got a little behind so I'll Update the Thread later with the latest information on the growth of these Players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick1011 View Post
I joined this website just because of this thread!
I am currently managing Bradford City in the nPower League Two.
I wanted to point out that:

Free agents -
Marvin Bejarano - LB - OVR 68
Diego Cabrera - ST - OVR 66

...are both very reliable.

Cabrera is an all around striker. Top of the scoring charts, as well as best in assists table.

Bejarano is a short, powerful left back who won't rush forward much and will often overpower wingers. (He's also got 92 Stamina!)
Welcome to x360a.

It'll be good to hear your Career Mode experiences with Bradford City, as I wasn't quite brave enough to start that low down in nPower League Two.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
Erick1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post

Welcome to x360a.

It'll be good to hear your Career Mode experiences with Bradford City, as I wasn't quite brave enough to start that low down in nPower League Two.
Thank you Boomerang.
I am currently first place, followed closely by Exeter City, who seem to be my bogey team.
It is November, and I'm surprised I've been doing so well, because I couldn't sell all my back-up players.
However, some turned out to be better than expected.

I play on Legendary difficulty, with semi-assisted settings.
I'd also like to point out:

GK - Jasmin Handanović - OVR ~67

He's been pretty reliable, and while being a free agent, he comes in cheaply.
Seven clean sheets so far, best GK in the league in that aspect.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #44
Erick1011

In any case, I will end this career mode here, and start over after the patch.
I've read there's some issues regarding loaned players. (For example, Andy Carroll not returning to Liverpool.) I imagine that this will happen a lot, and I've decided to wait for the update to fix, so I can start a, hopefully, glitch-less career.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #45
Boomerang Cat

Update 4: Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've recently reached the end of Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the latest additions to my Bargain High Potential young Players Squad which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

The aim for Season 2 was to assemble two entire Teams that could cope with the demands of around 80 Games while competing in The Championship, Domestic Cups and UEFA Cup.

First of all here are the Transfer Updates from the whole of Season Two, once again continuing the theme of Signing all Bargain High Potential young Players as an ongoing experiment for the x360a Forum.

Sheffield United - Season 2 - Summer Transfer Window (Unless Stated)

Players Out:
Marcos Junior - £4,000,000 to Birmingham
Barkroth - £1,900,000 to Leicester
Lucas Torro - £2,000,000 to Bolton (January Transfer Window)
+ More in Player Exchange Deals

Players In:
Max Clayton - 550k (275k + Jean Francois worth 275k) from Crewe
James Ward-Prowse - £1,000,000 - (800k + Pal worth 200k) from Southampton
Ruben Blanco - 330k from RC Celta de Vigo
Antonio Rudiger - 675k from Vfb Stuttgart
Yassine Benzia - £1.1m from Lyon
Dario Del Fabro - 550k from Cagliari
Sam Magri - 325k from Q.P.R.
Jerry Mbakogu - £2.9m from Juve Stabia
Daniele Rugani - £1.51m from Juventus
3 or 4 Free Transfer Players - All Rated 68 to 72 - All aged 17 to 21
Nana Welbeck - £1.5m from Brescia (January Transfer Window)

There are 2 very useful Transfer Window Tips that I have discovered during my time playing FIFA 13's Career Mode that I thought it would be helpful to share with the Forum.

Transfer Window Tip 1:
Check Free Transfers at the start of every New Season.
At the start of Season 2, I signed several Free Transfer Players that between them added around £10m worth of assets to my Team over the course of Season 2. These Players Attributes are typically Rated from 68 to 72 and they all seem to be aged around 17 to 21.

Note - These Players appear to be fake and randomly generated when a New Season is created, so you will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database.

Transfer Window Tip 2:
Make plenty of Enquiries, you can sometimes Sign Players for less than they're worth!
At the start of every Transfer Window I always make plenty of Enquiries for Players that I feel will take me and my Club to the next level. To my surprise with around 30% of the Enquiries that I've made, the selling Club will ask for less than a Players is worth.

Examples - After making an enquiry for James Ward-Prowse who was worth £1.7m at the time, Southampton said they wanted a Fee of just £1m and he has potential of 84. The same thing happened in Deals for Yassine Benzia (Potential also 84), Marcos Junior in Season 1 (Potential 82) and plenty of the other Players I have signed in the first 2 Seasons of Career Mode.

I'll Update the Thread in the near future with the Season Two Attribute Growth details of my Bargain High Potential young Players to keep this x360a Forum experiment going.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #46
HJO1403

HJO1403's Gamercard
My career mode packed in on me last night so started again and the players I signed the first time round are for some reason "Unavailable as they have just joined our club" <- What the heck?!
HJO1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #47
Nykstukas

Another great update from Boomerang Cat.

To your point about signing the players with potential. That's definitely the case. As I mentioned before, I am finding World Class stupidly tough and will narrowly avoid relegation. The bonus is the chance to continue to develop these young players who will hopefully end up being better than the majority of League 1 opposition.

I pasted the database you linked to into a spreadsheet and looked at player starting around the low 60s, so on a part with my current squad, but with the potential to get to at least 80. This yields a player list that looks like this:

Vyacheslav Podberezkin CAM 62 83 21
Leandro Paredes CAM 62 82 20
Piotr Zielinski CAM 62 80 18
Abdallah Yaisien CAM 63 81 18
Koray Günter CB 60 80 20
Jamaal Lascelles CB 62 80 18
Aleksandr Putsko CB 62 80 18
Daniele Rugani CB 63 84 21
Sandro Wieser CDM 63 79 16
Emre Can CDM 65 83 18
Filippo Boniperti CF 62 84 22
Jonathan Espericueta CM 62 82 20
Adrien Rabiot CM 63 83 20
José Rodríguez Martínez CM 63 81 18
Alessio Cragno GK 60 85 25
Jack Robinson LB 63 81 18
AlejandroGrimaldo García LB 64 82 18
Fernando Evangelista LB 64 81 17
Bryan Leyva LM 62 77 15
Lucas Domingues Piazon LW 61 85 24
Elliott Hewitt RB 58 81 23
Javier Manquillo Gaitán RB 62 80 18
Ryan Williams RM 60 79 19
Antonio Rozzi RW 63 80 17
Max Clayton ST 60 80 20
Yassine Benzia ST 63 84 21
Jeroen Lumu ST 63 82 19
Jack Sampson ST 63 80 17
Dario Del Fabro CB 54 80 26
Nathan Ake CB 59 84 25
Ogenyi Onazi CM 60 82 22
Danilo Cataldi CM 60 80 20
Rubén Blanco Veiga GK 58 80 22
Simon Sluga GK 59 80 21
Koen Casteels GK 64 81 17
Loris Benito LB 57 80 23
Luke Shaw LB 58 83 25
RaphaëlGuerreiro LB 58 82 24
OussamaTannane LW 65 81 16
Matt Lecointe ST 55 80 25
Niklas Bärkroth ST 58 80 22

Last edited by Nykstukas; 10-17-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Couldn't paste a table
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #48
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykstukas View Post
Another great update from Boomerang Cat.

To your point about signing the players with potential. That's definitely the case. As I mentioned before, I am finding World Class stupidly tough and will narrowly avoid relegation. The bonus is the chance to continue to develop these young players who will hopefully end up being better than the majority of League 1 opposition.

I pasted the database you linked to into a spreadsheet and looked at player starting around the low 60s, so on a part with my current squad, but with the potential to get to at least 80. This yields a player list that looks like this:

Vyacheslav Podberezkin CAM 62 83 21
Leandro Paredes CAM 62 82 20
Piotr Zielinski CAM 62 80 18
Abdallah Yaisien CAM 63 81 18
Koray Günter CB 60 80 20
Jamaal Lascelles CB 62 80 18
Aleksandr Putsko CB 62 80 18
Daniele Rugani CB 63 84 21
Sandro Wieser CDM 63 79 16
Emre Can CDM 65 83 18
Filippo Boniperti CF 62 84 22
Jonathan Espericueta CM 62 82 20
Adrien Rabiot CM 63 83 20
José Rodríguez Martínez CM 63 81 18
Alessio Cragno GK 60 85 25
Jack Robinson LB 63 81 18
AlejandroGrimaldo García LB 64 82 18
Fernando Evangelista LB 64 81 17
Bryan Leyva LM 62 77 15
Lucas Domingues Piazon LW 61 85 24
Elliott Hewitt RB 58 81 23
Javier Manquillo Gaitán RB 62 80 18
Ryan Williams RM 60 79 19
Antonio Rozzi RW 63 80 17
Max Clayton ST 60 80 20
Yassine Benzia ST 63 84 21
Jeroen Lumu ST 63 82 19
Jack Sampson ST 63 80 17
Dario Del Fabro CB 54 80 26
Nathan Ake CB 59 84 25
Ogenyi Onazi CM 60 82 22
Danilo Cataldi CM 60 80 20
Rubén Blanco Veiga GK 58 80 22
Simon Sluga GK 59 80 21
Koen Casteels GK 64 81 17
Loris Benito LB 57 80 23
Luke Shaw LB 58 83 25
RaphaëlGuerreiro LB 58 82 24
OussamaTannane LW 65 81 16
Matt Lecointe ST 55 80 25
Niklas Bärkroth ST 58 80 22
I'm glad the Updates on my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode are appreciated and some of the forum members are finding them useful for their own Career Mode Games.

I hope to find the time to give details on each of my Players Attribute Growth during Season Two within the next couple of Days and a fair number of the Players listed above are included.

At the start of Season 3 I'm currently receiving big money offers for some of these Players, for example I have been offered around £10m for Jereon Lumu who has developed from a starting Attribute Level of 63 and grown to a 74 rating in just Two Seasons. I rejected the offer because he is still only 19 and has the Potential to reach 82.

Come to think of it maybe I should have used a Spreadsheet like you did instead of writing down 10 Pages worth of Notes to compare a fair proportion of these Players against eachother in Career Mode.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #49
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Some really good posting already - on behalf of every person who reads this thread regularly, thank you for the large input from everyone here, particularly Boomerang Cat for all the little tips and tricks.

I haven't played any career lately as I finally got back into Ultimate Team after my Liverpool career kept freezing (even now I can't go onto my "sell players" screen - thank god I can sell them through "squad report"!). After my UT addiction calms down though I hope to start up a career with Anzhi Makhachkala and/or Villareal.

Anzhi are a team I'm very familiar with after last year saw me addicted to the Russian League, and I'm intrigued by Villareal after their relegation to the Spanish second division last season. I'll certainly be adding information regarding these careers if and when they commence.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #50
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samao14 View Post
Some really good posting already - on behalf of every person who reads this thread regularly, thank you for the large input from everyone here, particularly Boomerang Cat for all the little tips and tricks.

I haven't played any career lately as I finally got back into Ultimate Team after my Liverpool career kept freezing (even now I can't go onto my "sell players" screen - thank god I can sell them through "squad report"!). After my UT addiction calms down though I hope to start up a career with Anzhi Makhachkala and/or Villareal.

Anzhi are a team I'm very familiar with after last year saw me addicted to the Russian League, and I'm intrigued by Villareal after their relegation to the Spanish second division last season. I'll certainly be adding information regarding these careers if and when they commence.
Thanks Samao14, both for the appreciation of my Posts and also for your own contributions to both this Years' and last Years' Career Mode Threads.

I look forward to your next Career Mode and the information you'll be sharing with us to help the x360a Forum members.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank to x360a Forum members who have contributed to this Thread so far, let's keep it going.

As for problems with Saved Career Mode Games, they seem to be very common in FIFA 13 as there have been several Forum members asking about what to do.

The only advice I can give to anyone is to create several different Save Slots and rotate between them after each Game. Personally, I currently use 6 different slots to Save my Sheffield United Career Mode to help prevent major glitches from ruining my Career Mode progress.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #51
Boomerang Cat

Update 5: Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

End Of Season 2 - Bargain High Potential Player Growth

I've recently reached the end of Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the growth of my Bargain High Potential young Players which I found by using the Database. (Here)

As previously mentioned, I had around 80 Games to play in this Season due to 46 Games in the Championship, approximately 15 in the Domestic Cups and around 20 in the UEFA Cup after winning last Seasons League & F.A. Cups while competing in League One.

Therefore, my aim was to create 2 entire Teams full of Bargain High Potential or High Growth young Players, that would be capable of being fit and ready for all the Games.

End Of Season 2 - High Potential Young Player Growth Update

1st Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS2 = Growth During Season 2

GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:19 - SA: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GDS2:+5 From 66 To 71

RB - Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:20 - SA:59 - P:81 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 to 69

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:21 - SA:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GDS2:+5 To 72
Description: Putsko is a big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.

CB - Daniele Rugani - Juventus - Age:19 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+5 To 73
Description: Rugani is a 6ft 2" Central Defender with great Potential of 84.

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:18 - SA:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GDS2:+5 To 69

DCM - Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:19 - SA:59 - P:84 - PG:+25 -GDS2:+6 to 70
Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM.

RCM - James Ward-Prowse - Southampton - Age:19 - SA:64 - P:84 - PG:+20 - GDS2:+5 to 74
Description: Ward-Prowse is a 5ft 8" CM, who I bought for less than his Market Value after making an enquiry at the Start of Season 2.

LCM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:21 - SA:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+6 To 73

CAM - Piazon - Chelsea - Age:20 - SA:61 - P:85 - PG:+24 - GDS2:+5 to 72

RST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:18 - SA:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+5 To 74
Description: Lumu is a very Fast Striker but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

LST - Yassine Benzia - Lyon - Age:19 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+4 to 72
Description: A high Potential forward who has improved and developed the "Dribbler" speciality during Season 2. Another Player I purchased for less than his Value after making and enquiry.

2nd Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS2 = Growth During Season 2

GK - Ruben Blanco - RC Celta de Vigo - Age:18 - SA:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+2 To 61
Description: Ruben Blanco played approximately 15 to 20 times during Season 2 , not as many as the 2nd Choice Team outfield Players as I didn't want to compromise the development of 1st Choice Keeper Alessio Cragno who has higher Potential.

RB - Dario Del Fabro - Cagliari - Age:19 - SA:54 - P:80 - PG:+26 - GDS2:+5 To 65
Description: Del Fabro is a decent CB/RB with high Potential. One flaw is his small size of 5ft 11" which made me utilise him as a Right Back.

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:19 - SA:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GDS2:+4 To 71
Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the initial Fee.

CB - Antonio Rudiger - Vfb Stuttgart - Age:21 - SA:61 - P:78 - PG:+17 - GDS2:+5 To 72
Description: Rudiger is a CB/RB who is another Physical Player at 6ft 3".

LB - Sam Magri - QPR - Age:20 - SA:54 - P:76 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 To 68
Description: Magri is 6ft stop gap and is very versatile as he can play RB/CB/LB/RM.

DCM - Phousseyne Diaby - LB Chateauroux - Age:19 - SA:54 - P:76 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 To 66
Description: Another stop gap Player who I signed because I was short of Transfer Funds. He's 5ft 11" and can play as a CM/CDM.

RCM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:19 - SA:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GDS2:+6 To 58
Description: Fraser is a 6ft CM/CAM and has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

LCM - Nana Welbeck - Brescia - Age:19 - SA:64 - P:85 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+2 To 73
Description: Welbeck is 5ft 10" and can play as a CDM/CM. Another player who was purchased for less than his Market Value after making an enquiry in January of Season 2. I paid £1.5m when he was worth £2.4m.

CAM - Wayne Taylor - Randomly Generated Player - Age:20 - SA:69 - P:Unknown - PG:Unknown - GDS2:+4 To 73
Description: Taylor is one of the several Young and Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players that FIFA 13 Creates when you start a New Career Mode Season as mentioned in my Transfer Market Tips in this Post (Here). Note - You will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database. A very good backup Player who is worth £3,600,000 at the end of Season Two. I will sell this Player at the start of Season 3 to fund Deals for Players who have known Potential on the Database or to be replaced by other Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players who I can also make big profits with.

RST - Cristiano Martina Rini - Randomly Generated Player - Age:17 - SA:70 - P:Unknown - PG:Unknown - GDS2:+2 To 72
Description: Martina Rini is another one of the several Young and Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players mentioned in my Transfer Market Tips in this Post (Here). Note - You will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database. Another very good backup Player who is worth £5,000,000 at the end of Season Two. Once again, I will sell this Player at the start of Season 3 to fund Deals for Players who have known Potential on the Database or to be replaced by other Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players who I can also make big profits with.

LST - Jerry Mbakogu - Juve Stabia - Age:21 - SA:67 - P:80 - PG:+13 - GDS2:+4 To 75
Description: Mbakogu is a beast of a Player with incredible Pace & Power at 6ft 1", I highly recommend him. He can play as a ST/RW/LW but he was used to carry my 2nd Team through some of the tougher Games of the Season.

There has once again been an impressive amount of Growth with virtually all of these Players during Season 2 and as I start preparing my Squad for the Premier League in Season 3, I aim to keep the majority of the Players together to continue this experiment for the x360a Forum members.

If the Players Attributes continue to develop at their current rates, I should be looking at a number of very high value Players who will still be young at the end of Season 3.

As mentioned in another Post, there are a number of Players in my Squad that are now attracting the attention of Bigger Clubs. For example, I have rejected several offers of around £10m for Jereon Lumu who is currently rated at 74 and he still has a fair way to grow until he has reached his full Potential of 82.

In summary, this experiment is really paying off and each Players Growth & Value should put me on a good Financial footing to be able to compete with the bigger Clubs come the end of Season 3.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-18-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #52
lukele87

Talking Help with players to buy?

Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke
lukele87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #53
sensacion7

sensacion7's Gamercard
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.
sensacion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #54
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensacion7 View Post
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukele87 View Post
Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke
Welcome to the x360a Fourms, sensacion7 and lukele87.

sensacion7, I like your recommendation of Leonardo Taurino because he is one of the Players with the highest amount of growth Potential in the whole of FIFA 13's Career Mode.

Here are some more Players with big growth Potential who I signed for very little money at the start of my Sheffield United Career Mode:

Selected Players In - 1st Transfer Window of Season One:
Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)
Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)
Scott Fraser - 80k from Dundee United (SPL)

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Up to January 2013 of Season One)

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63

lukele87, as for the suggestions on Players you should Sign for your Career Mode with Blackpool I can highly recommend any of the Players given in my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode Updates:

The latest Player Growth Update compiled at the End of Season 2 can be found here: (Here)

Depending on your Budget you may be able to spend a little more on Players with slighty Higher Potential below:

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth

Potential 88 Players
Gabriel - CDM/CM - Pro Vercelli - Age:18 - SA: 66 - P:88 - PG:+22
Leali - GK - Virtus Lanciano - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17
Masi - CB - Pro Vercelli - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17
Pogba - CDM - Juventus - Age:19 - SA:72 - P:88 - PG:+16

Potential 87 Players
Bouy - CAM - Brescia - Age:19 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20
Fischer - LW/CAM - Ajax - Age:18 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20

There are plenty more Players with High Potential, but these Players start the Game by being rated at a relatively low Attribute levels, so they may be able to be Signed for bargain Fee's.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #55
sensacion7

sensacion7's Gamercard
Im gonna experiment with Leonardo Taurino to see if he can't over peak with some good performances.
sensacion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #56
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
I've been very busy lately, however I've managed to complete a season of my new Villarreal career and start up the new season.

Normally in careers I win every game, but this can become quite boring and hence, after a perfect first season (largely simmed as I only really valued it as a squad building season), I'm going to push myself and play the second season on World Class, a difficulty I've never played before.

I debated playing on Professional but I was concerned, after a comfy win against Inter in pre-season, that even on Pro I could probably win the majority of games and win the league - not really what I want. Problem is that I'm really sloppy on World Class, but I'm hoping that at the very least the season of playing above my ability will vastly increase how good I am!

Anyway, here's my team just after the summer transfer window has finished:

Butland (Birmingham City) - 1.6m euros - now valued 4.4m euros - 74

Montoya (Barcelona) - 6m euros plus reserve striker (value 300k) - now valued 8m euros - 78
Musacchio - now valued 8m euros - 79
Nastasic (Man City) - 10m euros - recent acquisition - 78
Daprela (Brescia) - 1.4m euros - now valued 3.6m euros - 76

Pogba (Juventus) - 13m euros - recent acquisition - 78
Obi (Inter) - swap (Bruno) - recent acquisition - 78
Falque (Spurs) - 7m euros (originally had a loan buy out of 7.2m which Spurs blocked) - recent acquisition - 78

Suso (Liverpool) - swap (Cani) - now valued 6m euros - 75
Pacheco (Liverpool) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 76
Zaha (Crystal Palace) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 75

Subs:
Gaspar - 73
Lejeune - 73
Ozdoev (Lokomotiv) - 72
Perez - 74
Leitner (Dortmund) - 75
Bille - 72
Piazon - 72

I haven't had chance to play many games, however my stars of last season were Pacheco, Butland, Pogba and Daprela. I also had Deulofeu (Barcelona B) who I very highly recommend. Suso and Deulofeu worked really well as wingers of a front three as they were a left footer on the right and vice versa, hence they did well cutting inside and getting goals. I wanted to keep him but I got a 8 million euro bid from PSG (he was valued 6 million). I counter offered 15 million, because obviously if I got that much I could get a quality replacement, and PSG accepted the proposal.

I wanted Labyad (Sporting Lisbon) on the left wing, however I had spent a lot of money bringing in players who did well on loan last season (Pogba, Falque, Pacheco) and a new face (Nastasic) and these cost more than I'd expected, hence Zaha was the cheaper alternative. I'm now absolutely skint!

In terms of tips, I would suggest offering straight swaps for younger players by offering your older players up in alternative. I got two really good swap deals:
Cani (30+ y.o. RM, rated 76, valued 2.2m euros) for Suso (~20 y.o. RW, rated 71, valued 3m euros)
and
Bruno (29 y.o. CDM, rated 82, valued 8m euros) for Obi (~20 y.o. CM, rated 78, valued 11m euros).

My season so far has been up and down, my first game on World Class was a 1-1 draw in a friendly vs. Frieburg, which I should have won but they scored a free kick to keep it level. I then got soundly beaten 4-0 over two legs against Barcelona in the Super Cup. The league has started okay(ish), with a win (Mallorca home), two draws (Malaga away, someone else at home) and one loss (Zaragoza away). I'm in about midtable at the minute and unfortunately the board want me to qualify for the Euro League. This is certainly achievable with the squad I have, however I will have to improve quickly!

Addition: You might wonder why I sold Rossi - I really wanted to get the money to build a more balanced team and the money has certainly helped buy some of the young, high potential players I have, whereas Rossi was being outplayed by Pacheco and wasn't growing either.

I do have a save file from the back end of last season, however I am currently (meant to be) working and am away from the xbox. When I go back to it later I will either update or add a new post with growths.

Last edited by Samao14; 10-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #57
Nykstukas

After narrowly avoiding relegation with Brentford on World Class, and yes, that did involve playing one particular match against MKDons 10 times ;-), my 2nd season save file seems to have issues, with my first competitive kick off marred by the fact that the ball disappeared and my players were chasing an invisible ball.

In addition, Brentford have such little funds that my intention to play a similar way to Boomerang Cat is not possible.

I may well take a punton Cardiff in the Championship and hope that the funds available make a bit of a difference, and of course that my ball doesn't vanish.

I'll definitely try and straight swap for some of the 88 and 87 potential players mentioned above!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #58
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Bought Lewandowski for £17m and Glen Johnson. Received offers in January of £35m but don't want to sell him. Also bought Walcott for £4m.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #59
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
I've played through to mid-November and compiled all my growth statistics to put this update together:

Key: Name - Position(s), Primary Position Listed First (Original Club) - Cost, Euros (Current Value) - Original Rating --> End of Season 1 (Growth) --> Nov. 2013 Rating (Growth)

First team:

Butland - GK (Birmingham) - 1.6m (6m) - 69 --> 73 (+4) --> 75 (+2)

Montoya - RB (Barcelona) - 6m + 400k player (9m) - 74 --> 77 (+3) --> 79 (+2)
(Note: Bought Jan. 2013, had grown to 75 (+1) in the first half of the season at Barcelona)

Musacchio - CB (Villarreal) - N/A (8.5m) - 74 --> 78 (+4) --> 80 (+2)

Nastasic - CB (Manchester City) - 10m (12m) - 75 --> 77 (+2) --> 79 (+2)
(Note: Bought Summer 2013, grew to 77 (+2) in first season at Manchester City)

Daprela - LB (Brescia) - 1.2m (4.5m) - 68 --> 74 (+6) --> 77 (+3)

Pogba - CDM (Juventus) - 13m after first season loan (17m) - 73 --> 78 (+5) --> 80 (+2)

Obi - CM/CDM (Inter) - Swap, 9m player (10.5m) - 77 --> 78 (+1) --> 78 (+0)
(Note: Was a deadline day purchase in Summer 2013, grew to 78 (+1) in first season at Inter)

Yago Falque - CAM/CM/LW (Tottenham/Spurs) - 7m after first season loan (8.5m) - 72 --> 76 (+4) --> 79 (+3)
(Note: Was acquired on loan in January 2013 with a permanent transfer in Summer 2013. Grew to 73 (+1) in half a season at Spurs)

Suso - RW/LW/CAM (Liverpool) - Swap, 2.2m player (5m) - 70 --> 75 (+5) --> 75 (+0)

Dani Pacheco - CF/ST/LW/CAM (Liverpool) - 6m after first season loan (10.5m) - 70 --> 75 (+5) --> 78 (+3)

Zaha - RW/LW/ST (Crystal Palace) - 6m (7.2m) - 72 --> 75 (+3) --> 76 (+1)
(Note: Summer 2013 purchase, grew to 75 (+3) in first season at Crystal Palace)

And notable others:

Deulofeu - LW/RW (Barcelona B) - 2.1m (6.5m) - 71 --> 75 (+4) --> 75 (+0)
(Note: Bought Summer 2012, sold Summer 2013 after an outrageous 16m bid)

Lejeune - CB/CDM (Villarreal) - N/A (4m) - 65 --> 71 (+6) --> 73 (+2)

Lucas Piazon - LW/CAM/ST (Chelsea) - Second season loan (4m) - 62 --> 70 (+8) --> 73 (+3)
(Note: Summer 2013 loan signing, grew to 70 (+8) in first season at Chelsea)

Some of those prices might be a bit out as that's where I'm working on memory. The ones I bought this season are definitely right though (Nastasic, Pogba, Obi, Falque, Pacheco, Zaha).

My season has been very up and down so far - while I've only lost twice since my drubbing in the Supercup, I've also drawn 7 from 13 in the league and another 2 from 4 in the Europa League. World Class is proving to be a very firm challenge for me, despite my years of experience at a lower difficulty (I never really pushed myself to step up before this year ).

I'm finding that I defend very well, having the best defence in the league (most clean sheets and joint least goals conceded), however my goalscoring prowess is very poor. My team has found just 8 goals from 13 league games which is the joint worst in the league, despite the fact that we are currently one point off a Europa League place (the board's target for the season).

In the Europa League, I'm top of my group having collected 8 points from 4 games, 3 points above second and 4 above 3rd/4th - hence I know a victory in my next game will ensure my passage through to the next round.

I'm certainly showing signs of improving, however I am concerned I may have to improve quickly to stop Bilbao and Atletico getting away from me in the battle for the Europa League spots!

P.s. Having noted the 88/87 potential players listed by Boomerang Cat above, I remembered that I had noticed Pro Vercelli (Serie B) start off with a talented young squad with plenty of room for growth. While I'd like to do a Russian League career, I'm strongly considering taking on Pro Vercelli as my next challenge, or as a second career alongside this one. I think they look worth a go and would probably recommend them to any players looking for a side to build for the future, as the foundations are already there!

Last edited by Samao14; 10-23-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Couldn't see the yellow!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #60
clownshoes

Thank you boomerrang cat and samao. I am also playing career mode as sheffield united and have a similar strategy of getting guys from the fifafanatic best young players spreadsheet. They also have a best old players spreadsheet which is useful for low transfer fee oldies.

Good looking out on the enquiry thing. I have never done that, but I will start doing it now.

I have one question: How much money did you get for transfers for winning league 1 boomerang cat? how much after season 2?
clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote