PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #61
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownshoes View Post
Thank you boomerrang cat and samao. I am also playing career mode as sheffield united and have a similar strategy of getting guys from the fifafanatic best young players spreadsheet. They also have a best old players spreadsheet which is useful for low transfer fee oldies.

Good looking out on the enquiry thing. I have never done that, but I will start doing it now.

I have one question: How much money did you get for transfers for winning league 1 boomerang cat? how much after season 2?
I'm really enjoying reading all of the Updates from the various Forum members on their own Career Mode experiences, let's keep them going.

Welcome to x360a clownshoes.

In answer to your question regarding money you receive for winning League One & The Championship I couldn't really answer it accurately, however from memory the Prize Money or rewards granted to you by the Board for winning those Competitions are not very big at all.

My advice is to check the randomly generated Free Transfers Players created by FIFA 13 when starting a new Season to supplement your Transfer Funds and Squad assets as previously written in my Transfer Window tips:

"Transfer Window Tip 1:
Check Free Transfers at the start of every New Season.
At the start of Season 2, I signed several Free Transfer Players that between them added around 10m worth of assets to my Team over the course of Season 2. These Players Attributes are typically Rated from 68 to 72 and they all seem to be aged around 17 to 21.

Note - These Players appear to be fake and randomly generated when a New Season is created, so you will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database."

At the start of Season Three I signed 6 of these randomly generated Free Transfers Players which have added around 15m to 20m worth of assets to my Club.

Even if you have to lie to them about the role they'll play at your Club, you can get rid of them in the next January Transfer Window by selling them or using them in exchange Deals for Players you know the Potential of by using the Database (Here).

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #62
clownshoes

That does help. I have yet to do the free agent thing, so I will.
I am on the last month of the first season in league 1, and I am going to win the league.
I am planning on buying boniperti CF/ST/RW/LW/busdriver/sous chef, and gabriel applebees pires CDM or whatever his name is with my winnings. They are both around 1.5 million I would guess -- I have a feeling that I am going to be dissapointed with the money I get from winning.
I will certainly do the free agent thing. Sounds like free money in the January window.
clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #63
lukele87

Thanks for your help Boomerang Cat. I will post how my players are developing throughout the season at a later date... I have recently added Leandro on loan from Gremio who I used in Fifa 12 and grows to the mid 80's as I recall and have bought Connor Wickham from Sunderland so have a strong front line at the moment. I like the look of the Pro Vercelli youngsters so will try and sell a few more players to fund their purchases in January.
lukele87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #64
Nykstukas

So following the issues I was having with my save file with Brentford I thought I'd change tack and try something different. I was struggling with Brentford's lack of funds and ended up with a small squad with not many rotation options.

To up the enjoyment I've opted to manage Monaco who have a healthy transfer budget and 9 players that have the potential to get up to at least 75.

I pursued many of the players identified earlier in the thread and for the first time ever have two starting 11s, which still seems excessive to me. Sadly I've already been knocked out of one of the cup competitions, so I may struggle to keep everyone happy.

On the plus side, I am improving no end, and am only 4 points off the top in the league. I am also extremely happy with my first team, which has an average potential of 81. I also managed to snag Fischer who will go up to 87!

Barkroth 80
Lumu 82
Piazon 85
Fischer 87
Ocampos 82
Ndinga 78
L. Benito 80
Rogne 82
Putsko 80
Wynne 66
Cragno 85

I'll post again at the end of the season to show what these players started off on and how they are progressing. I'll also show my 2nd 11 and let you know how these guys get on. They have an average of 77.

Just a quick note on Wynne. He apparently has a potential rating of 66 overall, however I got him to 68 in my first season with Brentford, so that seems off. He is incredibly fast and chipped in with two goals on the first day of the season. Him, Novikovas and Johnny Russell feature in all my FIFA teams at some point...
Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #65
Slyfoxxuk

Slyfoxx1990's Gamercard
Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:
ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.
CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.
RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:
CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.
CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.
ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:
In team:
To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:
ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.
CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential
LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential
CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential
CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential
RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential
CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm
LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)
RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential
ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential
(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly

Hope this is of some interest

Last edited by Slyfoxxuk; 10-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Slyfoxxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #66
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfoxxuk View Post
Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:
ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.
CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.
RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:
CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.
CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.
ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:
In team:
To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:
ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.
CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential
LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential
CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential
CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential
RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential
CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm
LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)
RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential
ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential
(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly

Hope this is of some interest
Welcome to x360a Slyfoxxuk, your Career Mode experiences make for good reading and I look forward to further Updates.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #67
Boomerang Cat

Update 6: Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I'm currently near to the end of Season Three so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the latest additions to my Bargain High Potential young Players Squad which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

The aim for Season 3 was to improve the overall qualities of the Two full Teams that I assembled during the previous Season by signing more Players with High Potential which would hopefully give me bigger profits after each Players' development, while also being able to cope with the demands of around 75 Games while competing in The Premier League, Domestic Cups and UEFA Cup.

First of all here are the Transfer Updates from the whole of Season Three, once again continuing the theme of Signing all Bargain High Potential young Players as an ongoing experiment for the x360a Forum.

Sheffield United - Transfer Update Season Three

Players Out:

Summer Transfer Window
Martini Rini - 5,000,000 to Pescara - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player mentioned in my Tips Here.
Girotto Franco - 3,300,000 to Fulham - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Wayne Taylor - 3,600,000 to Wigan - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Del Fabro - 1,000,000 to Lierse - Not physical enough for me at less than 6ft.
Kialka - 1,600,000 to Birmingham - Scouted Youth Player who wasn't getting many Games.

January Transfer Window
Dollery - 3,800,000 to Bolton - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Alessio Crango - 4,500,000 to Cardiff - My GK with Potential of 85, I decided to sell Cragno because I could sign Nicola Leali with Potential 88, for the same money.

Players In:

Summer Transfer Window
Biava - Worth 4,000,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player mentioned in my Tips Here.
Henderson - Worth 3,600,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Giovio - Worth 1,500,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Petit - Worth 3,200,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Shelvey - Worth 3,500,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Dollery - Worth 3,800,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.
Richmond Boakye - 8,100,000 from Sassuolo - A Beast of a Striker with Potential of 85.
Adrien Rabiot - 1,700,000 (800k + P. Diaby worth 900k) from PSG - Physical CM/CDM with Potential of 83.
Kurt Zouma - 5,100,000 from PSG - A 6ft 2" Central Defender with Potential of 85.
Terence Kongolo - 2,800,000 from Feyenoord (1.3m + Clayton worth 1.5m) - A 6ft 2" CB/LB with Potential of 81.
Gabriel "Appelt Pires" - 9,700,000 from Pro Vercelli - A CM/CDM with Potential of 88, it took every penny I could scrape together on Deadline Day to Sign him.

January Transfer Window
Nicola Leali - 4,500,000 from Virtus Lanciano - Signed for the same Fee as I sold Cragno for and Leali has higher Potential of 88.

As you can see the Signing & Selling of Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players are a big part of my Transfer Dealings so far during Season Three. These Deals have enabled me to Sign further High Potential Players such as Gabriel Appelt Pires for 9,700,000 who is now worth 15,000,000 in the March of Season Three.

As for the original Players remaining in my Squad from last Season (Here), they are all still growing very well and I will try to Update the Thread in the near future with the latest Growth Update of the Bargain High Potential young Players featured in my Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode during the course of Season 3.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-25-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #68
Nykstukas

Quick question Boomerang Cat - how do you know the potential rating of the randomly generated players?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #69
clownshoes

Free Agents rule -- good looking out boomerang.
I finished my first season as sheffu, and got a little less than 3m USDeez for winning league 1. I immediately tried to buy boniperti and applebeez pires and they both had over 70 attribute and were too expensive. Profound sadness -- I went to Hot Topic and bought a black shirt that says MY XBOX HATES ME.
Also after season 1, I did not sign the dudes with expiring contracts. I thought the wages I was saving would roll over, but I think any transfer funds/wages you have gets wiped to start the new season and the board just gives you an entirely new budget and you can't save money from one season to the next. Is that accurate?
I will be able to tell if this is the case once I win the first season with the new career I started as sheffu.
I started a new season with boomerang's blueprint of free agents and offering players & money for the youngsters.
I did cheat a little bit though -- I didn't realize that all free agents that can grow to 70 or more are randomly assigned to teams at the beginning of the season, and I really wanted the Peruvian LB Saco-somethingsomething, so I put him on my team before starting the new season. That's my only indiscretion though. Almost legit.
clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #70
DarthMaven

DarthMaven's Gamercard
guys i was looking at the grow of some of my players and 5 of them had a ! in a green circle next to them can anyone please tell me what this means.
thanks
DarthMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #71
eb2k12

eb2k11's Gamercard
York City

Just after starting a career mode as york city and am having a comp with my friend to see who can get them up to the premier league and to win the Cl first

I started off getting a few free agents and sending out a scout so
transfers in:
Del fabro - season loan (cagliari) - decent adaptable defender
spiess - season loan (notts county) - good lower league goalie
goretzka (vfl bochum) - season loan - class adaptable mid
Ralte - free agent - backup winger
Azogue - free agent - talanted mid
Payne - free agent - good striker

transfers out:
Blair - 150k - Exeter
parslow - 70k - aldershot

I also sent out a cheap scout and signed :
Charlie jones 62 rating(now 66) wotrh 1.7 mil
several alright players in acadamy

so far i am 13th after 19 games - 7w - 4d - 8l
started with 5 straight losses but got to grips with it after that
anyway any advice would be welcomed
eb2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #72
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaven View Post
guys i was looking at the grow of some of my players and 5 of them had a ! in a green circle next to them can anyone please tell me what this means.
thanks
It means their overall has increased

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #73
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykstukas View Post
Quick question Boomerang Cat - how do you know the potential rating of the randomly generated players?
Nykstukas, the Potential of the randomly generated Free Transfer Players are all Unknown and therefore cannot be found on the Database, so my advice is to Sign them and sell them all within 12 Months to fund the Signings of Players you know the Potential of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2k12 View Post
Just after starting a career mode as york city and am having a comp with my friend to see who can get them up to the premier league and to win the Cl first

I started off getting a few free agents and sending out a scout so
transfers in:
Del fabro - season loan (cagliari) - decent adaptable defender
spiess - season loan (notts county) - good lower league goalie
goretzka (vfl bochum) - season loan - class adaptable mid
Ralte - free agent - backup winger
Azogue - free agent - talanted mid
Payne - free agent - good striker

transfers out:
Blair - 150k - Exeter
parslow - 70k - aldershot

I also sent out a cheap scout and signed :
Charlie jones 62 rating(now 66) wotrh 1.7 mil
several alright players in acadamy

so far i am 13th after 19 games - 7w - 4d - 8l
started with 5 straight losses but got to grips with it after that
anyway any advice would be welcomed
Welcome to x360a eb2k12.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #74
DarthMaven

DarthMaven's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
It means their overall has increased
thx mate least its not bad lol ^^
DarthMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #75
WHUFCLuke

just starting a career with real betis
they have a good bunch of youth and not many people start with them for some reason
WHUFCLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #76
WHUFCLuke

players in with real betis

Players In
ST - Torgeir Borven - (400k + Ruben Castro)
ST - Vaclac Kadlec - (200k + Jonothan Pereira)
ST - Rafael Lopes - (200k + Jorge Molina)
CM - Thomas Drage - (500k + Salva Seville)
CM - Joel Valencia - (100 k+ Paulao)
ST - Gianni Bruno - (900k + vilarchao)
CB - Sergi Gomez- (200k + Doradoo)
LB - Denner - (250k + Nacho)
CDM - Lucas Silva - (650k + Casto)
LB - Gaya (110k + Carlos Garcia)

Dissapointing start to the season, 1 draw and 1 loss from my first game
but the aim of the season is just survival in la liga
WHUFCLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #77
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
In my 4th season with Arsenal.
Bought & sold quite a few players. Dani Alvez, Ett'o, Maicon (few more) and I'm going to buy Joe Hart replacing Fabianski as GK. Also sold J.Wilshere for 28m - thought he was worth a lot less, Vermaleon went for about 20m. Bought Nesta for 200 sold for 4500 to Barnsley. Lol. FC Barcelona & Man city are both interested in Podolski FCB offered 26.5 and MUC offered 26 but I turned them down as he has a great potential.

From memory my strikers & goal keepers are:
GK: Fabianski 82 RES: Manonne 78
ST: Oxlade Chamberlain, 82 Ett'o, 80 Giroud, 82 Podolski 84 RES: Gervinho, 84 J.Defoe, 82 Chamakh 79

Last edited by Samigi; 10-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Samigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #78
SonOfStayPuft

Send a message via Skype™ to SonOfStayPuft

SonOfStayPuft82's Gamercard
I'm in a Career Mode with Manchester United.

I'm currently top of the League, and Won the Capital One Cup with a 4-2 win over Chelsea.

Players In
Wesley Sneijder (from Inter) - 20,000,000 (5,000,000 of that was with Darren Fletcher going the other way in a Cash plus Player Deal)
Daniel Alves (from Barcelona) - 12,500,000

Players Out
Darren Fletcher (to Inter) - 5,000,000
Michael Carrick (to Spurs) - 3,300,000
Jonny Evans (to Arsenal) - 5,000,000
Scott Wootton (to Leeds Utd) - 400,000
Michael Keane (to Bradford City) - 650,000

I had huge bids for Nani & Wayne Rooney in the Summer, but turned them down & in the January Transfer Window, I turned down a 28,000,000 bid from Barcelona for Wesley Sneijder, a 10,000,000 bid for Chris Smalling, a 12,000,000 bid from Atletico Madrid for David De Gea & a 58,000,000 bid from Bayern Munich for Wayne Rooney.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #79
Slyfoxxuk

Slyfoxx1990's Gamercard
Second of my posts.

Starting my 4th season with Portsmouth (pro difficulty as I'm a bit lazy - could go higher but honestly not fussed and I'm still not finding it "easy" )

Managed to win the Carling cup and FA cup last season with my youthful team, however I seriously lacked the strength in depth to compete effectively in the premiership. Finished mid table after a poor second half of the season (target was to avoid relegation)

With this new season I'm going to try and give a better insight into the stat changes of my players and some personal thoughts on players.

Background:

Playing as Portsmouth - starting in Div 1.
1st season - Finished 1st and promoted. Poor showing in Capital One cup. Runner up in Fa cup.
2nd season - Finished 6th, promoted via play-offs. Poor showing in all cups (including Euro League which I achieved due to FA cup results)
3rd season - 9th place finish. Winner of both FA and Capital One cups.
4th season - Set to compete in FA, Capital One, Euro league and Premiership

Formation:

4-2-3-1

Starting line up:

Butland

Hewitt - Romagnoli - Ake - Shaw

Auremir - Rabiot

Sterling - Lamela - Andersen

Yesil

Butland - current: 73 - 75 (age: 22)

Hewitt - current: 73 - 75 (age: 21)
Romagnoli - current: 73 - 74 (age: 20) - low game time due to an injury.
Ake - current: 75 - 77 (age: 20)
Shaw - current: 72 - 75 (age: 20)

Auremir - current: 76 - 78 (age: 24)
Rabiot - current: 75 - 77 (age: 20)

Sterling - current: 76 - 77 (age: 20)
Lamela - current: 80 - 83 (age: 23)
Andersen - current: 77 - 78 (age: 21)

Yesil - current: 76 - 80 (age: 21)

Note-worthy reserves

CAM: Nick Powell - current: 73 - 74 (age: 21)
CDM: Samba Diakite - current: 79 - 79 (age: 27)
CB: Rekik - current: 71 - 74 (age: 20) - played more as Romagnoli picked up long term injury.
ST: Joshua King - current: 72 - 74 (age: 23)

All "current" player ratings are based on the begining of season 4: i.e before any growth has taken place during the season.
All updated player ratings are taken from November 2015 (during season 4)

Player movement:

Samba Diakite IN 4.7mil (QPR)
Sterling IN 6.5mil (Liverpool)
Lamela IN 7mil (Roma)
Rekik IN 1.5mil (Barcelona)

Joselu OUT 4mil (Manchester United)

Favourite players (I have played approx 1 quarter of the 4th season so have been able to gather some decent information so far)

Yesil - This guy is superb at taking his chances. Fantastic finishing (at 76 overall he has 85 finishing!) and great ball control to give him self opportunities. Not especially strong or tall so don't expect him to bang in headers though.

Lamela - Good speed, agility, superb dribbling and decent finishing. Playing just behind Yesil, he has created and scored a lot of goals already. At "only" 7mil he was an absolute steal.

Ake - Not especially tall but still strong, fast and defensively capable. Not many players get past him.

Hewitt - At 95+ speed, he is brutally fast. He simply doesn't get beaten down the wings, and excels at taking the ball and pushing forward with it.

Joshua King - Not especially talented as a striker and honestly I don't use him in this role. His finishing isn't that good and neither is his ball control (finishing matters less than it used to but having higher is still obviously better). I use him as "super-sub" in the RAM and LAM positions. His speed is utterly bonkers - approx 98. This means that late in the game he can easily get behind the defense, score or pass to another to score. Has changed a number of games from 1-1/2-2 draws into winning games.

Least preferred players

Rabiot - This guy is improving really fast and has the potential to be a real good player. However he just doesn't suit me. He's a bit of a plodder and this doesn't fit my fluid style of play, and especially doesn't suit my formation. I would recommend if you need a playmaker in midfield as he will excel at this.

Andersen - Unsure on this guy in reality. He's not amazingly fast, but generally skilled. However as I don't need crossing style wingers in my team he's not a brilliant fit. Sterling on the other side is generating and scoring far more goals. Am going to give him more time as he has great potential but may need to sell and look for someone else.

Butland - Hasn't improved as I would have hoped. He's got good clean sheet numbers but this is more due to my strong defense and CDM players. In my European games especially he's given away some important and soft goals. If he doesn't improve well this season, I will replace next Summer.

Hope this is of interest. Will update with more information soon

Last edited by Slyfoxxuk; 10-30-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Slyfoxxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #80
eb2k12

eb2k11's Gamercard
york city

just at the end of the transfer window in my fourth season in my prevously mentioned york city career. im currently just after getting promoted into the championship. my team currently stands as:

GK : leali

RB : Obeng
CB : Ajeti
CB : Brislen Hall
LB : Buttner

RM : Obita
Cm : Westwood
CM : Azogue
LM : Taurino

RS : Mattocks
LS : Barkroth

subs : Wabara cb( good defender, fast and adaptable), morgan st( young, good potential), McGivern lb (adaptable and cheap), powell cam( young , good potential, class)
also several other youngsters and original york city players

I have 7m and 30k left and am looking for a left winger and cm playmaker. any suggestions ???
eb2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #81
Nykstukas

@ eb 2K12 - See if you can afford Piazon for the left wing and Fischer for the CM playmaker spot. Both have excellent potential, and I got both of them very cheaply...
Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #82
Boomerang Cat

Update 7: Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty for the x360a Forums.

I've recently reached the end of Season Three so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the growth of my Bargain High Potential young Players which I found by using the Database. (Here)

End Of Season 3 - High Potential Young Player Growth Update

1st Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS3 = Growth During Season 3

GK - Nicola Leali - Virtus Lanciano - Age:22 - SA: 71 - P: 88 - PG:+17 - GDS3:+3 From 72 To 75
Description: Leali grew +3 in half a Season after he replaced Alessio Cragno due to having higher Potential of 88.
Purchased: January Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 4.5m - Current Value: 4.5m

RB - Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:21 - SA:59 - P:81 - PG:+22 - GDS3:+5 to 74
Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB.
Purchased: January Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 375k - Current Value: 4.3m

CB - Kurt Zouma - AS Saint Etienne - Age:20 - SA:75 - P:85 - PG:+15 - GDS3:+4 To 79
Description: Zouma is a 6ft 2" Central Defender with great Potential of 85.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 5.1m - Current Value: 9.5m

CB - Daniele Rugani - Juventus - Age:20 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS3:+4 To 77
Description: Rugani is a 6ft 2" Central Defender with great Potential of 84.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 1.51m - Current Value: 7m

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:19 - SA:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GDS3:+5 To 74
Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 375k - Current Value: 4.5m

DCM - Gabriel "Appelt Pires" - Pro Vercelli - Age:21 - SA:66 - P:88 - PG:+22 -GDS3:+4 to 82
Description: Gabriel is a 6ft DCM/CM and is one of the best Signings you can make in Career Mode.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 9.7m - Current Value: 15m

RCM - James Ward-Prowse - Southampton - Age:20 - SA:64 - P:84 - PG:+20 - GDS3:+4 to 78
Description: Ward-Prowse is a 5ft 8" CM.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 1m - Current Value: 9.5m

LCM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:23 - SA:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GDS3:+5 To 78
Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 900k - Current Value: 8.5m

CAM - Lucas Piazon - Chelsea - Age:21 - SA:61 - P:85 - PG:+24 - GDS3:+5 to 77
Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.
Purchased: January Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 575k - Current Value: 11m

RST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:20 - SA:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GDS3:+4 To 78
Description: Lumu is a very Fast Striker but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 900k - Current Value: 16.5m

LST - Yassine Benzia - Lyon - Age:20 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS3:+4 to 76
Description: A high Potential forward who has improved and developed the "Dribbler" speciality during Season 2. Another Player I purchased for less than his Value after making and enquiry.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 1.1m - Current Value: 9.5m

2nd Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS3 = Growth During Season 3

RB - Antonio Rudiger - Vfb Stuttgart - Age:22 - SA:61 - P:78 - PG:+17 - GDS3:+3 To 75
Description: Rudiger is a CB/RB who is another Physical Player at 6ft 3".
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 675k - Current Value: 2.7m

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:20 - SA:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GDS3:+4 To 75
Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the initial Fee.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 325k - Current Value: 3.4m

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:22 - SA:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GDS3:+4 To 76
Description: Putsko is 6ft 3" and can play CB/CDM.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 425k - Current Value: 6m

LB - Terence Kongolo - Feyenoord - Age:21 - SA:71 - P:81 - PG:+10 - GDS3:+4 To 75
Description: Kongolo is a 6ft 2" backup who can play CB/LB.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 2.8m - Current Value: 3.4m

DCM - Adrien Rabiot - PSG - Age:20 - SA:63 - P:83 - PG:+20 - GDS3:+4 To 74
Description: Rabiot is a decent Player with a similar look to Marouane Fellaini of Everton. He's 6ft 2" and can play as a CM/CDM.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 1.7m - Current Value: 4.6m

RCM - Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:20 - SA:59 - P:84 - PG:+25 -GDS3:+5 to 75
Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM.
Purchased: January Transfer Window Of Season 1 - Original Fee Paid: 650k - Current Value: 4.6m

LCM - Nana Welbeck - Brescia - Age:20 - SA:64 - P:85 - PG:+21 - GDS3:+5 To 78
Description: Welbeck is 5ft 10" and can play as a CDM/CM. He also has great Pace and developed very well in his first full Season.
Purchased: January Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 1.5m - Current Value: 10.5m

CAM - Josh Henderson - Randomly Generated Player - Age:19 - SA:70 - P:Unknown - PG:Unknown - GDS3:+3 To 73
Description: Henderson is one of the several Young and Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players that FIFA 13 Creates when you start a New Career Mode Season as mentioned in my Transfer Market Tips in this Post (Here). Note - You will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: Free Transfer - Current Value: 3.7m

RST - Jerry Mbakogu - Juve Stabia - Age:22 - SA:67 - P:80 - PG:+13 - GDS3:+5 To 80
Description: Mbakogu is a beast of a Player with incredible Pace & Power at 6ft 1" and can play as a ST/RW/LW.
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 2 - Original Fee Paid: 2.9m - Current Value: 14.5m

LST - Richmond Boakye - Sassuolo - Age:22 - SA:70 - P:85 - PG:+15 - GDS3:+4 To 81
Description: Boakye is another beast of a Player with incredible Pace & Power at 6ft 1".
Purchased: Summer Transfer Window Of Season 3 - Original Fee Paid: 8.1m - Current Value: 14.5m

As you can see once again at the end of Season 3 there is a great amount of growth from all of these Players and their Current Values are all impressive considering the Original Fee I Paid for each of them.

Below is a Video of the UEFA Cup (Europa League) Final from Season 3 where I switched the Difficulty up from World Class to Legendary:

Sheffield United Vs AC Milan
UEFA CUP Final
Season: Three
Difficulty: Legendary

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-31-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #83
Zemnate

BrokenBid's Gamercard
Started a career mode with Watford FC <3 yesterday. Decided to grab a few young players as some members of the Watford squad were on loan or in their 30's.

Get Imoh Ezekiel from Standard Liege. He is rated 67 I believe and has good pace, passing and ok shooting. He is really young to so his potential is high.

If you're looking to boost these games. Message me on Xbox Live.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Fable 3 - Mortal Kombat (2011)
Zemnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #84
Nykstukas

Hey Boomerang Cat, another fantastic update. Sadly I've been too busy to put any more time into my career, but hopefully that will change over the weekend. If it does I'll definitely update on my progress with Monaco.

It definitely looks like your 'experiment' is paying off. Anything you'd change so far? Will you go for a Messi / Neymar type established star any time soon?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #85
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Hey Boomerang Cat, another fantastic update. Sadly I've been too busy to put any more time into my career, but hopefully that will change over the weekend. If it does I'll definitely update on my progress with Monaco.

It definitely looks like your 'experiment' is paying off. Anything you'd change so far? Will you go for a Messi / Neymar type established star any time soon?
Thanks Nykstukas.

I enjoy reading other peoples Updates so I look forward to your next Career Mode Update.

As fot the experiment, I ran out of space while Posting "Update 7" so had to edit it down slightly to reduce it under the 10,000 Character limit. Therefore, I couldn't include my plans for Season 4 so I'm glad you asked.

At the start of Season 4 I had a Transfer Budget of approximately 25,000,000 so I wasn't planning on making major changes. Once again I wanted to carry on the experiment to it's completion to allow the vast majority of the Players to improve by another +4 or +5 each so they would all be very close to reaching their Potential.

Here's where your Messi/Neymar question freaked me out slightly because it was like you had been watching a Live Streaming of my Game.

The one Transfer Deal I had in my mind was to sell Mbakogu who had reached his Potential of 80 for his Market Value of 14,500,000. With that money and some of my Transfer Budget I was wanting to attempt to Sign Neymar who was relatively cheap at just 25,000,000 and he still hadn't reached his Potential.

While I was in negotiations for Neymar I started receiving silly offers for Lucas Piazon, Yassine Benzia and Jeroen Lumu which led me to the possibility of Signing Lionel Messi and thankfully it all worked out so I now have Neymar and Messi.

I'll go into exactly what happened to lead me to Signing Lionel Messi in more detail soon as I have to leave for work now.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #86
Nykstukas

Not stalking you, more a case of 'great minds' I hope ;-)

I'm really looking forward to what your final line up looks like and also what stats everyone has in the end...

I've got a long way to go, but a Neymar / Johnny Russell front line is calling out to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #87
Nykstukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemnate View Post
Started a career mode with Watford FC <3 yesterday. Decided to grab a few young players as some members of the Watford squad were on loan or in their 30's.

Get Imoh Ezekiel from Standard Liege. He is rated 67 I believe and has good pace, passing and ok shooting. He is really young to so his potential is high.
He'll get to 78, so not bad in terms of potential, but reading Boomerang Cat's updates will get you far better players, quite possibly at a similar price.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #88
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Not stalking you, more a case of 'great minds' I hope ;-)

I'm really looking forward to what your final line up looks like and also what stats everyone has in the end...

I've got a long way to go, but a Neymar / Johnny Russell front line is calling out to me.
Lol, what is your fascination with Johnny Russell? Does he really feature in all your FIFA Teams at some point?

As for the final Line Up of my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode, there will of course be several notable names but I will always have an eye on the development of younger Players.

The experiment is already an undoubted success as I Signed Lucas Piazon, Yassine Benzia & Jeroen Lumu for a combined Total of 2,575,000 and after an average of Two and a half Years development I reluctantly Sold them for a combined Total of 92,000,000!

That's an incredible return on my Original investments and I'll once again go into more details in my next Sheffield United Career Mode Update when I move past the January Transfer Window of Season Four.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 11-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #89
sensacion7

sensacion7's Gamercard
Has anyone Noticed that Loanee players wont leave the squad at season's end?

I currently play with Terni in serie B in Italy and have several Players who after my first year still remain on the squad?!
sensacion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #90
GuySmiley

Just a reply on here from someone with a different perspective.
Im from Australia so the players i go for may differ to those you go for.
Im a FIFA Career Mode player from year after year after year.

Im currently with Leeds United, some good buys included,
Matt Ryan (Australian) GK $1.5
Thomas Oar (Australian) LM $2.0
Charlie Austin (England) FD Forget the price!
Aaron Mooy (Australian) DMF $2.0
J Mattock (England) D $5.0
Mustafa Amini (Australia) M
Thomas Rogic (Australia) M $500K
Russell (Scotland) FD Forget the price!

Ive gone through countless players through the years, some id never touch again due to injury or ego! (I say ego but im sure you know what i mean, wage demands, or annoyed missing games).

This year its been a headache, when i took on Leeds, they had 6! Yes 6 Keepers! Try selling 4 and enjoy the laughs from clubs you try and offload them on.

What is refreshing is having a board that doesnt get annoyed at a 7th place finish in the league! Had that happen when i got Leighton Orient to the Premier League in the first few years. got a 7th place and was fired! Aparently they wanted the silver the greedy b*stards! .... Well now with Leeds they are more laid back, so ive got them into the premier league and they just want to avoid relegation. Hopefully ill get one over Orient!

Gotta love Management Mode!
GuySmiley is offline   Reply With Quote