PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #151
MikeyBaillie1995

Hey guys, I'm doing a lot of manager mode at the moment and I'm currently Bayern Munich.

I buy a lot of young talented players 16-22 when they're in the 70-75 rated and hopefully they'll rise tinto big 80 rated players! Anyway, I've seen a lot of posts about young players rising into the worlds best like, Lucas Piazon, Welbeck etc..

My question is this - How do you see there potential before you buy these players? I've bought a few youngsters who have not went up at all, so I only want to buy players who will rise and who I'll get the best out off? Anyone know a way?

Also, does anyone know if you can have a player on loan with a buy option?

Cheers, Mikey!
MikeyBaillie1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #152
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaillie1995 View Post
Hey guys, I'm doing a lot of manager mode at the moment and I'm currently Bayern Munich.

I buy a lot of young talented players 16-22 when they're in the 70-75 rated and hopefully they'll rise tinto big 80 rated players! Anyway, I've seen a lot of posts about young players rising into the worlds best like, Lucas Piazon, Welbeck etc..

My question is this - How do you see there potential before you buy these players? I've bought a few youngsters who have not went up at all, so I only want to buy players who will rise and who I'll get the best out off? Anyone know a way?

Also, does anyone know if you can have a player on loan with a buy option?

Cheers, Mikey!
There are multiple sites on the internet containing player databases which often can tell you the potential of the player. Two that I use the most are Fifafanatic and sofifa.

And yes, you can have a player on loan with a buy option. To do so, when you sent the offer to his club, set the price you're willing to pay for him at the end of the season at the ''Future Wage'' section (not 100% sure it's called that, I always play FIFA in Dutch)
The club will then decide whether or not they're willing to let the player go at the end of the season. If they accept and the season ends, you get the chance to offer the player a contract

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #153
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
Team Line Up (End Of Season):
Formation: 4-2-2

GK: Julio Cesar
RB: Lora
CB: Luiz Eduardo
CB: H. Campagnaro
LB: L. Shaw
RDM: A. Taarabt (C)
LDM: A. Faurlin
RM: W. Zaha
LM: C. N'Zogbia
RS: M. Emnes
LS: A. Lacazette

Bench:

GK: A. Thebaux
RB: S. M'Bia
CAM: L. Bittencourt
CAM: J. Park
RW: E. Lamela
RW: J. Briand
LW: D. Mertens

League Cup - WON 4-3 against Man City
Premier League - WON 1st. QPR - 86 pts
2nd.Liverpool 82 pts
(Last game of the season was Liverpool vs QPR, won 1-0, 90th minute penalty)
FA Cup - WON 3-2 against Chelsea
Euro League - WON 3-2 against Porto

Personally i found the Euro League quite easy to win, mainly due to a bit of luck such as Napoli being knocked out by weak teams and also Porto beating PSG, hardest moment was getting the ball of James Rodriquez, Premier League was very difficult but a Quadruple in my first season with a weak team, now it is off to Germany to manage Werder Bremen, thread post coming soon

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #154
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Here is my current starting XI in the 2016/2017 season.

Position/Name/Rating

GK/ter Stegen/86
RB/Walker/89
CB/Hummels/91
CB/Berthomier/87
LB/Coentrao/88
RCM/Wilshere/90
LCM/Sahin/92
CAM/Suarez/92
LW/Bale/94
RW/Hazard/91
ST/Lewandowski/92

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #155
GuySmiley

Without doubt the best player i ever bought was Harry Kane who has been league leading scorer for 5 years running. Was cheep and now he's worth about 30 million and he is still young and has years to go in potential.
GuySmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #156
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
What annoys me is that since i joined Werder Bremen in my second season i cannot get another job, every single team i apply for rejects my application, i have tried reloading my save and other such things, still nothing

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #157
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Quick update, been very busy lately but have opted to keep up my Anzhi career a little longer to try and push as many players as possible over the 90 mark.

I've managed to reach the seventh season (I believe) and this team has become so much fun to use.

First XI (unorthodox 3-4-3 formation! It's set up as 3 centre backs, 2 centre midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders, 2 centre forwards and one striker):

ter Stegen - 95
Berthomier - 89, Hummels - 89, Nastasic - 93
Dzagoev (c) - 93, Pogba - 90
Gotze - 94, Hazard - 91
Shaqiri - 94, Neymar - 92
Traore - 91

Notable reserves include (but are certainly not limited to):
Parshivlyuk (right back) - 87
Dragovic (centre back) - 86
Schennikov (left back) - 89
J. Rodriguez (right wing) - 88
Wilshere (centre midfield) - 89
Lucas (attacking midfielder) - 89
El Shaarawy (centre forward) - 89
Muriel (striker) - 88

Hazard, Berthomier and Wilshere are all new recruits who set me back a total of over 100 million euros. I initially played Wilshere ahead of Pogba but Pogba grew to be a 90 rated so I swapped them round. Neymar is an absolute dream in a left forward position, he cuts inside and scores some great goals frequently. I really enjoyed using him last year and it hasn't changed this time out either; he is pretty weak but he doesn't need to be strong as he is just so good on the ball.

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #158
Nykstukas

So Fleetwood Town are now 2nd from top of the Championship and this is by far the most enjoyment I've ever had from a FIFA game.

I've focussed on keeping a core starting 11 together for as many seasons in a row as possible to watch how my players grow and it's far more rewarding than bringing in too many new players every transfer window as I did before.

Instead of having enough players for two starting 11s a la Boomerang Cat I prefer to have a number of fill in players / utility players to bolster starting 11. My full squad includes:

3 strikers
3 wingers
1 winger / striker
3 DMFs
1 DMF / CAM (who can fill in on the wing if need be)
3 CBs
2 LBs
1 RB
2 GK

So just 19 players instead of 22 and no need to keep rotating them, especially if I get a couple of injuries. Thankfully I've never played too many games and had most of my team on low energy levels, so I think this approach works well.

My focus has been Free Agent signings as I've had little transfer budget and I've found some absolute gems. Unlike Boomerang Cat I actually prefer my team to be made up of randomly generated characters as opposed to putting together a team of players from real life.

GK - Jamie Wallace - currently 79 rated
CB - Steeve Leveque - 82 (only 5' 5", but can out leap anyone. Never beaten to a header)
CB - Poclaba - 6'7" - 81 an offensive weapon in the box from corners
LB - Chippendale - 6'7" and a speedster :-)
CM - Davide Rennella - 80-ish and a all round pro
CAM - Jason Marrow 81 (my scout a future star player) - phenomenal player.
In addition to this other star players:
Stenstrom and Kadrii at LB / RB
Novikovas - up to 76 and a great winger
Fernandes Martins - 85 - Punishing CDM
ST - Mbakogu - 83 at the moment - Basically what would happen if Drogba was as fast as Theo Walcott :-)

I now alternate formations between the standard 4:2:2:2 and a custom 4:2:4 if I need to go all out attack...

Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #159
vanHuyssteen

Regen players

I'm not sure how exactly regenarated players go about< but do they appear at the club the original was e.g a Ronaldo regen would appear in Real Madrid or as a free transfer. I know you can base it on their stats to see more or less whose regen they are but where to find them is my problem.
vanHuyssteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #160
MR T SOPRANO

MR T SOPRANO's Gamercard
Having an absolute howler in my first season as Chelsea. Playing on World Class

Played 18 games and sitting 8th in Prem. still in both cups, however as disappointing Champions league campaign resulted in a 3rd place finish in group stage.

My team doesnt look too different from the real life chelsea side but im working on shipping alot of the older guys (Terry, Cole, Lampard) out and bringing in more youth.

GK-Cech
RB- Dede
CB- Cahill
CB- Kouayte
LB- A Cole
CM- Xabi Alonso
CM-Juan Mata
LM- Lucas Piazon
RM- Moses
ST- Torres
ST- Ba

SUB GK - Krul
Sub- D Luiz
Sub- Azpilicueta
Sub- Ramires
Sub- Hazard
Sub- Lampard
Sub- Lukaku

Last 3 games in prem i've won (Villa, Fulham and Norwich) so starting to climb back up the table, just hoping i still have a job by the time i get into top 4 lol.
MR T SOPRANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #161
|oneyedNewb|

Anger Monkey UK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Anyone else use the youth academy? Instead of buy in top players and actually try to build a top solid team?.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #162
MR T SOPRANO

MR T SOPRANO's Gamercard
I normally bring a few youth players into the squad but if your going a top prem team its hard to replace your entire squad with them.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #163
Mattwak3

I'm starting a career with Watford and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on who to buy
Mattwak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #164
MR T SOPRANO

MR T SOPRANO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwak3 View Post
I'm starting a career with Watford and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on who to buy
M.Wynne is probably the fastest defender in the game, he plays for a team in the MLS, you'll get him for cheap. around 500-600k
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #165
GuySmiley

Well this sux, i spent 20 minutes creating a post with all my players and scores which said went through and nope didnt come through on here. Ill try again soon.
GuySmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #166
Nykstukas

Yep, he starts off incredibly quick. Fast players that end up just as fast 97 / 98 Accel and Sprint Speed are Kadrii and Stenstrom... LB and RB...
Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #167
Immotommi

Go for shaqiri. I'm playin bayern munich which is his club and is a rotation player to start with so you may be able to get him cheaper but I'm playing him in the first team and after one season he has 98 acceleration 92 sprint speed 90 agility 85 stamina and 90+ dribbling
Immotommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #168
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by |oneyedNewb| View Post
Anyone else use the youth academy? Instead of buy in top players and actually try to build a top solid team?.
Yes sir. I'm in my 4th year, playing a 3-4-2-1, and I bought 1 player all year -- He was an 80 ovr from Real Madrid, 20 years old, CAM.

Outside of that purchase, I have a Youth Academy with roughly 15 players in it. I tend to only pick up kids that are 14-15, already have an overall of 50-75, with a max potential in the 90-94 range.

Currently, my oldest player is ter Stegen with an age of 23, and all of my outfield players are ages 17-21. I have 2 Youth Academy players in my squad and they get limited minutes. A 17 yr old CDM who is a 70 overall, and a 17 yr old RM who is already up to a 73.

p.s. I'm playing as Hartlepool United. We're in the Premier League, but my transfer budget is set to the middle difficulty level.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #169
BIGMatthew182

bigmatthew182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There is only one ST everyone should have and that is Lacina Traore in season 5 he is 88 overal, 6"8, 82 pace and 94 strength FATALITY!

My Team on my Newest Career (Aston Villa) at the end of season 2:

Starting 11:
GK - Brad Guzan ------------ 84 (29 Years Old)
RB - Luis Pedro Cavanda --- 80 (23 Years Old)
CB - Dede ------------------- 83 (26 Years Old)
CB - Angelo Ogbonna ------- 83 (26 Years Old)
LB - Jetro Williams ---------- 76 (20 Years Old) -Has Giant Throw trait-
CDM - Victor Wanyama ----- 79 (23 Years Old)
RM - Andre Carrillo ---------- 83 (23 Years Old)
LM - Christian Atsu ---------- 80 (22 Years Old)
CAM - Jack Rodwell --------- 82 (23 Years Old)
RS - Christian Benteke ------ 81 (23 Years Old) -6"4, 87 Pace, 90 Strength, 84 Finishing-
LS - Lacina Traore ----------- 86 (23 Years Old) -6"8, 82 Pace, 94 Strength, 91 Finishing-

Last edited by BIGMatthew182; 01-26-2013 at 03:29 AM.
BIGMatthew182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #170
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Apologies for my absence from this thread, this month has been extremely busy for me and thus I haven't had much playing time or anything to add!
Oh yeah and thank you to everyone posting for keeping the thread going!

However I have now started a new career with a friend where we have taken on FC Barcelona B, with the goal of being better than the A team within five years. We have bought two financial takeovers in an attempt to speed up the rise and put together a top young side.

A month into the second season, we are currently sitting 7th in La Liga. A win in our next game (a game in hand) over Valencia would put us into 5th. Our goal for the season, given our very nice team, is to get a Europa League spot, though personally I would love to be pushing for the Champions League - though I think the CL would be a stretch at the moment.

Here is the current team - I'm unsure of the exact growths but I know that they're very similar to the values given.

Team is 4-1-2-1-2, but with the CAM pushed forward to be a CF.

Butland - GK - 74 (+5) - a good goalkeeper but one who currently makes a few silly mistakes. Excellent growth given he was a January buy. There is certainly much more potential for growth with him but I hope it comes quickly.

Wallace - RB - 72 (+3) - a solid right back with a fairly good level of speed and defensive ability. Showing okay growth given he was a January buy. Still very young and with a lot of potential to be 80+
Musacchio - CB - 80 (+6) - a strong centre back who is technically an excellent player. Very good growth. Still growing too.
Zouma - CB - 79 (+5) - same as Musacchio but with a bit more pace. An excellent partner for Musacchio.
Shaw - LB - 74 (+7) - a really excellent left back. Bags of potential, growing amazingly well.

Sergi Roberto - CDM - 80 (+6) - captain, and probably one of our greatest players. The passing ability of Xavi with a steely edge and a fearsome shot.
Redmond - RM - 72 (+3) - January acquisition. Picked up a two month injury which has limited his potential for growth, but will hopefully keep growing.
Iturbe - LM - 78 (+5) - a very fast winger, but one who has woeful stamina. Should continue to grow and be an 85+ rated easily, but we may change winger as I am not enjoying Iturbe.

Destro - CF - 82 (+2 this season. Unsure last season) - a player that my friend insisted we had. A good balanced striker who has proved a good buy, but I'm still a little unsure as to whether we could possibly better.
Diarra - ST - 74 (+8) - another player my friend insisted on. I'm assured he can be an 88 rated striker with stunningly balanced stats but as yet his +8 is, while very good growth, failing to deliver on that promise. He is however a very good goalscorer, even at this ability.
Mahoken - ST - 81 (+2 this season. Unsure last season) - a player who I was thrilled to get hold of. I noticed him on a search for strikers, and I can't say I've heard of him, but he was a 79 rated player with 95+ Acceleration, Sprint Speed and Strength - he cost under 20m euros and is a really great striker who has already comfortably exceeded his value. And in all truth at about 21 he should comfortably get even better.

On the bench we also have:
Grimaldo (LB), who is a very solid player showing good growth, but not as good as Shaw.
Ward-Prowse (CM), who is a very skilful player but not quite delivering on the growth that we hoped for.
Yesil (ST), Welbeck (CM), Musa (ST)

Fingers crossed we can get a good league position this season and push to get into Europe.

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp

Last edited by Samao14; 01-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #171
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quick tip for everybody here;
if you are in need of a incredible central defender, buy Tomas Kalas
In the 3~ years I've had him, he grew out to a 83-rated defender with 85 pace and 93 strength

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #172
Immotommi

Transfers

I'm playing a career mode with bayern munich so I have a massive budget. I have to suggest holga badstuber who is a cb, is 6' 4" and very strong so is great for corners. Both attacking and defending. He has grown to 89 ovr started at 83 and that's after 1 and a half seasons so you could get him early for less than 20m. Another great player is ahmed musa from cska moskow. He is a rm who can play st. He is 98 accel, 96 agil, 94 jump, 92 sprint, and has 88 stamina. He cost about 7m to buy at 72 ovr. Is now 78 after 1 season. Should get him easily because he is a rotation player. I play a 3-2-5 with a very attacking mentality. Its a great formation if you have a lot of players who can play st, cf, rw, lw, cam inur team. Most games there are at least 3 goals.
Immotommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #173
vanHuyssteen

Anyone played with oxlade-chamberlain? Want to know where he more or less maxes out
Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #174
torres0

sanjtorres's Gamercard
I started with west ham liverppol offered me a job and i made the ultimate team ever, buy jovetic advice and felipe ramos
torres0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #175
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Any advise for a player career? I'm a ACM, I started off at Brighton who sent me out on loan straight away, I decided on MK Dons. Scored over 30 goals there, and currently nearly at the end of my second season which has been back at Brighton, currently on 20 goals. Value is 16,500,000 and have turned down a lot of big moves including Man City and Juventus. Apparently Newcaste, City and Inter are interested in me, and I think I would like to move, even if Brighton are promoted. I get very frustrated with some of the players.

Of those three Newcastle actually interests me most. Italin league doesn't really interest me, and I would never want to play for City. I also don't want to be on the bench every game and think I could do well at Newcastle before hopefully getting a move to one of the really big clubs.

So do people think Newcastle is a good move, should I stay at Brighton or take the 'best' club that come along?

Oh, rating is currently 77 with a lot of stats in the 80's now.

Thanks.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #176
vanHuyssteen

Career Progression

For those who were wondering, player potentials are merely a guideline to what players can reach e.g. Hugo Lloris said to max at 91, yet I bought him at 91 and has gone up to 92 within 10 games, and a few other of my players such as Memphis Depay, Zhano Ananidze are at 86, which is already past their expected 85 potential, and they are 22 and 25 respectively, meaning they still have ample time to grow even more. One thing I've noticed on how to check when a player is still growing well is to check your squad report and see how their individual stats are progressing. In a case where only 4 or 5 stats are increasing it means that player is reaching his max, but when all the stats are increasing it means that player is still in the process of growing.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #177
DStyles
Banned User

DStyles23's Gamercard
How can I get an offer from a big club in manager mode?

I like working my way from the bottom but I only get offers from other small teams.

I wish EA brings back the manager prestige thing.
DStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #178
vanHuyssteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStyles View Post
How can I get an offer from a big club in manager mode?

I like working my way from the bottom but I only get offers from other small teams.

I wish EA brings back the manager prestige thing.
I started a manager career with fleetwood town awhile ago and only after getting them from npower league two to championship level did I start getting higher job offers. So the lower league you are and low team, the lower job offers you will get in the beginning. I'm at my 6th season now and still no job from either barca or madrid. Just hang in there.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #179
vanHuyssteen

Career Progression

I've finished my 5th season as Brisbane Roar and won the premier league for a second time after being promoted from npower league 2. I lost to Dortmund in the champions league semi finals, but already reached the knockout stages of this season's champion league. Over the last two seasons in the premier league I managed to buy top quality players such as Gareth Bale (90), Lucas from Sau Paulo (89), Hugo Lloris (92). But it seems the better players you buy the more difficult the opposition becomes..
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #180
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
^^ Just curious -- Brisbane Roar are in the A-League (Australia). So, how were they in League 2? Are you playing with custom leagues?
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote