Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > 007 Legends
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
sticks117

Sagacious Rat's Gamercard
IGN review 4.5

It's a shame this game could have been really cool. Oh, and there doesn't seem to be any bots. Anybody get the game early, what are your thoughts?
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/1...legends-review

Last edited by sticks117; 10-16-2012 at 05:39 PM.
sticks117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
All i will say is. DONT listen to IGN total retards.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
FakeJamaican

modestmouse007's Gamercard
I got the game, played through the "Goldfinger" mission. It's definitely not a 4.5/10 i'd say 7'sh. No higher than 7.

The multiplayer is laggy as balls (surprise surprise), but the main game isn't "bad". The graphics aren't horrible, but there is very little environment interaction.

Bond lovers will enjoy. General gamers will shit on it.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Wow!
After watching that review and reading about it everywhere else I'm not sure if I want to play this or not. It's getting bad feedback everywhere.
Same lame boss fights at the end of each level, horrible car chases, and really bad graphics. That and the ruining some of the best moments in Bond history.

Might leave this one in the Gamefly envelope and send it back.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
GoldenEye250

goldeneye250's Gamercard
I buy my games regardless of the review.
GoldenEye250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
FakeJamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedD365 View Post
Wow!
After watching that review and reading about it everywhere else I'm not sure if I want to play this or not. It's getting bad feedback everywhere.
Same lame boss fights at the end of each level, horrible car chases, and really bad graphics. That and the ruining some of the best moments in Bond history.

Might leave this one in the Gamefly envelope and send it back.
It IS pretty generic...But there is something about the campaign I can't help but admire. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The reviews are making it seem like Duke Nukem Forever or something. It's worth a playthrough. Definitely not one we'll 100% in terms of cheevos, since the multiplayer will be dead in a week, guaranteed. That part is disappointing.

Why can't Activision let CURRENT Treyarch or Infinity Ward do a Bond game? They really tried for the COD feel, but why not get that from the real developers.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeJamaican View Post
It IS pretty generic...But there is something about the campaign I can't help but admire. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The reviews are making it seem like Duke Nukem Forever or something. It's worth a playthrough. Definitely not one we'll 100% in terms of cheevos, since the multiplayer will be dead in a week, guaranteed. That part is disappointing.

Why can't Activision let CURRENT Treyarch or Infinity Ward do a Bond game? They really tried for the COD feel, but why not get that from the real developers.
I do think I'll give it a go, just sad to see Bond in this state.
QoS was a great game. It had that CoD campaign feel, but with cover, and it worked very well.
Blood Stone was good on it's own. Quite enjoyable.

I just hate to see some of my favorite Bond moments and villains ruined like this. Leave it to Activi$ion to ruin classics.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
sticks117

Sagacious Rat's Gamercard
I think Quantum of solace was a great game the multiplayer was fun too. That game was made by Treyarch. I still don’t understand why there are no bots in legends; especially since the multiplayer will be pretty dead soon. Just give us Nightfire remake.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
Don't listen to the reviews. Here's all you need to know about 007 Legends: If you liked all the other 007 games, you will enjoy this. If you enjoy the old school look in MP, you will enjoy. Everyone already knows going in on this game it is what it is.
BOND FAN= BUY
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
you can't spell ignorant without IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Scrummy64

Scrummy64's Gamercard
I've never really been one to listen to make my mind up based on reviews; the IGN review does make a number of valid points, but frankly, what I've seen of it looks good to me.

For starters, the game doesn't have a "terrible concept" in any way; everyone I've spoken to about it loved the idea of playing through classic Bond films, and I also know that a lot of people, like myself, like the idea of 'modernising' the old films - the new GoldenEye pulled it off well.

The other main criticism was the repetition, but I really don't mind repetition at all, as long as the gameplay isn't absolutely appalling - and the gameplay looks fine to me (even if the stealth sections do seem iffy). In fact, the only things about the gameplay which I do agree seem a bit pointless are the boss fights, which all look incredibly easy; I think normal QTEs would have been better to be honest.

The only other thing which bothers me, as well, is the use of Craig's likeness, which really doesn't seem like it's payed off; to begin with, HOW they didn't manage to get the man himself on board for the game is beyond me. I love Craig and I really liked how they used him in the new GoldenEye rather than Brosnan, but using his likeness without his voice does seem utterly pointless when almost everyone was crying out to play as all of the old Bonds. Plus, the guy voicing Bond really doesn't sound anything like Craig :L
Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If you're not a James Bond fan, why would you even bother? If you are, then why would you care what reviewers think? That's the problem, some people can't decide on their own, they need someone to tell them something is good, and that's sad!

It's Goldeneye through and through. The set-up & MP are exactly the same, just different levels. But I'm a Bond fan, so I'm digging it. Choose for yourselves!

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
FakeJamaican

I thought the OHMSS mission was really cool.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
SideshowN

SideshowN's Gamercard
It would of been cooler if each movie had you playing the respective Bonds from that era. I want to use Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan in their respective movies. The devs should of not modernized the older bond movies either. There should of been no cell phone gadgets and laser watches until Die Another Day. It is what it is and will still enjoy it regardeless of the crappy review scores because I am a huge bond fan.
SideshowN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowN View Post
It would of been cooler if each movie had you playing the respective Bonds from that era. I want to use Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan in their respective movies. The devs should of not modernized the older bond movies either. There should of been no cell phone gadgets and laser watches until Die Another Day. It is what it is and will still enjoy it regardeless of the crappy review scores because I am a huge bond fan.
It has nothing to do with the devs, it's a rights & properties thing from the studio and producers themselves, besides, they save money by using Daniel Craig in all roles instead of paying each individual actor.

If you haven't, and have the chance, watch Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007 on EPiX. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with it as well.

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
SideshowN

SideshowN's Gamercard
Its a crying shame that this game is mediocre because Bond deserves better. I've played 3 missions so far and its just average as can be. If only this game got the development powerhouse as a Call of Duty game gets.
SideshowN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I've skipped over most the posts as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so apologies if this has been said:

IGN also gave Bloodstone a 5... So in those terms 007 is almost as good.

Personally I thought bloodstone was amazing so if this is only .5 worse then I will be very happy.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeJamaican View Post
Rare is the only company which would make a good James Bond game. Even new Rare would have made something way better than this.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
LeHah

LeHah's Gamercard
This game is hilariously bad, possibly worse than the underwhelming Blood Stone. It's almost like Goldeneye Reloaded BETA because the gameplay is rife with errors, incomplete ideas, bad explanation of goals and the MP is incredibly laggy and unresponsive.

I rather liked Goldeneye Reloaded for what it was but this? This is a bad, ugly, stupid game. Daniel Craig doesn't even voice Bond! I'm thinking Goldeneye Reloaded undersold and they slashed the budget on this one to "stop the bleeding".
LeHah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am still going to buy this game, I don't care what IGN says. I am getting this game.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #21
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
say what you want but EA made the BEST and original bond games (apart from goldeneye)
Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
StumpyDan360

Send a message via AIM to StumpyDan360 Send a message via Yahoo to StumpyDan360

StumpyDan's Gamercard
so how does this compare to QOS? cause thats my fav bond game. reloaded was ok, lame last boss though...
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #23
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyDan360 View Post
so how does this compare to QOS? cause thats my fav bond game. reloaded was ok, lame last boss though...
I thought goldeneye was the best so far. This one is ok.My ranks are goldeneye, QOS, Legends, and that piece of shit called bloodstone. This one has been pretty good for the sp so far. But it has some issues. The stupid quicktime events for the boss fights. But instead of buttons you use the rs and ls. I personally hate quicktime events. I cant quite put my finger on it, but the guns are extremely weak, or the enemies are just badasses. I am playing on the second to hardest difficulty and can unload on guys and they wont go down. MP is the same as other bond games. They havent changed much and is prety much dead. i feel like you move VERY slow in mp. I would recommend renting or waiting till a price drop for this one. I got this cheap on amazon because of credits i had built up. I would give it a 6/10. The mp cheevos are going to be a grind!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
The_Iceman2288

TheIceman2288's Gamercard
Just finished the first level and I'm enjoying it. It's not a great game by any means, but it's a solid 7/10 from what I've played.

Although shame on Activision for advertising Daniel Craig as the voice of Bond when it isn't. He's even in the opening credits!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
FakeJamaican

It would have been nice if they buggered off with the online achievements. How do they not know their MP is horrible?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #26
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Iceman2288 View Post
Just finished the first level and I'm enjoying it. It's not a great game by any means, but it's a solid 7/10 from what I've played.

Although shame on Activision for advertising Daniel Craig as the voice of Bond when it isn't. He's even in the opening credits!
It's his likeness. They have to credit him as he is Bond. (until the next generation). Is also why he is in all the missions and not Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan.

Although if he was constantly switching appearances that could be weird, lol.

Anyway, I just finished up Goldfinger and played some online. Loving it all so far. But I'm stuck trying to figure out how to keep up with Teresa in the beginning of OHMSS.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #27
The_Iceman2288

TheIceman2288's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55y View Post
It's his likeness. They have to credit him as he is Bond. (until the next generation). Is also why he is in all the missions and not Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan.

Although if he was constantly switching appearances that could be weird, lol.

Anyway, I just finished up Goldfinger and played some online. Loving it all so far. But I'm stuck trying to figure out how to keep up with Teresa in the beginning of OHMSS.
Left bumper accelerates.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I don't care the review rating is I will be getting it regardless, there are probably many games on my list I enjoyed but had a low rating. There are even games with high atings which I don't fancy.