PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Halo 4 Terminal Trailer

Seems like this could be one of the earlier terminals found in the campaign? The location of the terminal is unrevealed, if it is one. Just a cutscence, with a visual style similar to the terminal videos from Anniversary.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
To click or not to click....

Not gonna chance it just sounds like too much of a reveal to risk it. No cheevos listed for terminals, but that doesnt mean finding them all of them (if 4 does have terminals) couldn't unlock some treat via waypoint.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
No mate, there are two achievements for terminal-finding.

Contact the Domain (10g) - Found a terminal in the campaign

And

Terminus (50g) - Found all terminals in the campaign

I'd imagine there'd be a total of eight terminals in the campaign? One for each mission? But in Halo 3, some missions had two skulls to find. The same could go for terminals in Halo 4.

I personally don't find this terminal to be very revealing as I know the earlier portions of the campaign based on educated guesses, it's not a big reveal and what's been said in this trailer has been said before.

Then again, its all up to the viewer if they want to click it or not. I just wanted watch to be sure I knew what I was posting. For the good of x360a's Halo 4 forums.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 10-10-2012 at 12:45 AM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Omg that's Jul' Mdama. So now we got an ancient Forerunner that despises humans with a faction of super advanced soldiers, and probably the Covy with the most hatred towards humans with a renegade Covy faction. Yup, we're fucked.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
HIRUDORA

Send a message via Skype™ to HIRUDORA

EUPHORIA1337's Gamercard
Hopefully the terminals wont be too hidden, me and a few guys will be running this shit legendary.
HIRUDORA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
My bad I totally didnt notice the terminal cheevos, guess I was blinded by all the legendary campaign/co-op campaign cheevos to notice 'em.

I'm still not gonna watch it (even though I'm tempted, the youtube still makes it look like a covenant ship/base) I've not seen more than maybe 5 mins of campaign footage (and thats how I want it to stay) I want as much to take me by surprise as possible on my 1st playthrough.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #7
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIRUDORA View Post
Hopefully the terminals wont be too hidden, me and a few guys will be running this shit legendary.
Come on its funny as shit when they hide skulls for weeks that need grenade jumps to reach or that hoop sequence unlock from 3.

I want it super hard like having to clear the entire levels enemies to make an elevator work that reveals a terminal.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Omg that's Jul' Mdama. So now we got an ancient Forerunner that despises humans with a faction of super advanced soldiers, and probably the Covy with the most hatred towards humans with a renegade Covy faction. Yup, we're fucked.
Fuck! I need to finish up Glasslands to see what Jul'Mdama does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIRUDORA View Post
Agreed. I hope they're hidden but not in impossible locations.

And same goes for me, 'cept Solo Legendary first day, took the whole week off work, just in case.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
You noticed that too? I refuse to watch the video for Blackout purposes, but just seeing the subtitles made my eye twitch in anticipation. I was pretty sure the Rebellion forces would be the enemy we faced in Halo 4, though now I'm curious if Telcam is going to make an appearance (I'm not done with Thursday War yet. Two more chapters, so I don't know if anybody is supposed to die yet.)

I'll tell you this, though. Without spoiling it for anybody that hasn't read Thursday War yet, Jul 'Mdama has a LOT to be pissed about. I'm curious what his purpose is at Requiem, though I think I can make an educated guess on what he's trying to find.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I'll tell you this, though. Without spoiling it for anybody that hasn't read Thursday War yet, Jul 'Mdama has a LOT to be pissed about. I'm curious what his purpose is at Requiem, though I think I can make an educated guess on what he's trying to find.
Yeah I read Glasslands, and that dude is gonna be super pissed lol. Doubtfull whether or not Telcam makes an appearance, Im not reading Thursday War so I dont know anything for sure though.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Yup. I felt "bad" for him at some points in the book, actually.

That being said, Halo 4 is going to be crazy. Without spoiling this cut scene, it HEAVILY ties in a LOT together (in terms of canon) to prepare for the opening scene of Halo 4. Just badass in every way.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
And the Thursday War.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
Yup. I felt "bad" for him at some points in the book, actually.
I have mixed feelings about Jul.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Even though his perspective/story is a good read, and we learn a lot about different things - I've just never been a big fan of reading the "Bad Guys" Perspective.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The Ternimals are always interesting, though I never even watch the whole thing.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
Even though his perspective/story is a good read, and we learn a lot about different things - I've just never been a big fan of reading the "Bad Guys" Perspective.
Same for me as well. I'm starting to recall the atrocity by Dietz. Ugh.

On a side note, I hate it when I can instantly judge if a character is good or bad. When you've been exposed to so much media through music, TV, games, movies, books, etc., things become more linear and recurring themes jump out at you. Yet I love it when a character has shades of grey. Cortana, for instance. She's totally unpredictable now due to her rampancy. She'll make the campaign so much more interesting compared to previous entries.