PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Full House Poker
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard

FYI: Avatar Famestar Challenge - Win a Showdown with 3 of a kind should be rewritten as "Win with 3 of a kind (on the river)"

I bet on the river and my opponent folded. Normally I reveal my cards so it says "3 of a Kind" on screen for credit, but I forgot and didn't show. This could apply to the Full House achievement and Flush one too?

I got credit for this a few seconds later. Might not even have to be on the river.

So I guess you could have a worse 3 of a kind and still win if all your opponents fold.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Crash Geom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You have to get a "3 of a Kind" and win the showdown. The opponents can't fold during the showdown. You don't have to get it "on the river".
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
You have to get a "3 of a Kind" and win the showdown. The opponents can't fold during the showdown. You don't have to get it "on the river".
Like I said before, I got credit for the opponent folding on the river before the showdown.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm sick of seeing the "Win 3 Ranked Tournaments" challenge come up every other week. Those things take forever, especially when it's down to 2 or 3 people who play extremely passive as if they're trying to fold forever until the other players quit out of boredom. 3 Ranked Tournaments could take hours and hours to complete based on who you're paired up against.

I did them the first 3 times, but passed on it this week and probably from now on. Not worth the time wasted.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
I'm sick of seeing the "Win 3 Ranked Tournaments" challenge come up every other week. Those things take forever, especially when it's down to 2 or 3 people who play extremely passive as if they're trying to fold forever until the other players quit out of boredom. 3 Ranked Tournaments could take hours and hours to complete based on who you're paired up against.

I did them the first 3 times, but passed on it this week and probably from now on. Not worth the time wasted.

I hate that challenge SO MUCH!!!!
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post

^ This and Pro Takedown Tournament.

I play ranked tournaments for all my other challenges. Once those are completed, I'm done for the week. Getting any ranked tournament wins is just a bonus.

That's the problem with ranked tournaments. Usually you're playing for 1.25 million prize money (6 players), which is probably worth $1 or less. No one wants to sit through hours and hours to win basically nothing. If the Buy in was increased to 2.5m you're looking at 12.5million prize money and there's more incentive to sit around to beat the calling stations. Most likely calling stations would be gone at that skill level.

Which is why I started my thread here.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=388441
But no one seems to care or know of any better poker games out there.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 10-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've found that the $0 buy-in ranked tournaments tend to have more reckless players and sometimes you get "lucky" and get a table where half the people go All-In on the first hand. However, even when I've won the 1st hand All-In bonanza, and busted all but 2 or 3 people, those 2 guys will sit and fold every damn hand for an hour even though they're down by 1/5 of my total. It's like they have nothing better to do with their day than sit and fold countless poker hands when they're behind so much in a $0 Buy-In game, the odds of winning are minimal.

I don't bother with the $250K Buy-In ranked tournaments anymore since those go on FOREVER since people tend to play either overly cautious or bully style.

The Pro Takedown Tournament win I don't mind that much. Since $100K chips aren't much of a big deal for most people, I just go All-In at the beginning until I get lucky and bust a few of the AIs that way. Then I just call into every hand to see the flop. If I don't have any potential good hands, I just fold. Once I get a 3-of-a-kind or better, I go All-In and the AI almost always calls it. Also, NEVER get involved in a bidding war between 2 AI players unless you have a Flush or Straight off the flop. It's almost always suicide. I've gotten really good at reading how the AI plays, so I can win the Pro Tournament within an hour now.

Last edited by Gunstar Red; 10-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote