PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band Blitz
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
HaloTitan

halotitan04's Gamercard
1950's Rip off

I went to the music store, searched by decade, and purchased Ooby Dooby by Roy Orbison. However, they used the song from the greatest hits album that was released in the 80's. So even though I technically played a song from every decade, it's not counting because of an error on their side. I feel rather ripped off because on top of purchasing this game, I had to go and purchase another song that I didn't want for an achievement that I didn't get. Is there anyway I can either get my money back or have the company just unlock the achievement for me?

On a side note, I really feel that Harmonix is abusing the achievement system with this game. There are quite a few achievements that cannot be obtained unless you've purchased a lot of songs outside of this particular game. I always thought achievements were an added bonus into the game I purchased, not a tool to get me to spend more money on DLC. Thoughts?

Edit: With further investigation, I found out that this song was released in 1961. Yet it in the Rock Band music store, it was listed under the 1950's. Now I really feel ripped off...

Last edited by HaloTitan; 09-25-2012 at 12:48 AM.
HaloTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Samtman

SAMTMAN's Gamercard
It's the same as any other game since the change 400 points for the main game and 100 for dlc.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Shark Pedrera

Shark Pedrera's Gamercard
Sorry to say this, but if you had checked in this forum, several people posted that that particular song didn't work to get the achiev.

Sorry man...
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power...
GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT !!!

Shark Pedrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The classification of Ooby Dooby IS fucked up, and I will grant that to anybody.

As far as the achievements for DLC; meh. I'm not interested in making more solid arguments that'll get pushed by the wayside and ultimately deleted for getting intertwined in the trolling that'll inevitably commence.