Less difficult then Halo: Reach. 9 14.75%
Less difficult then Halo 3. 4 6.56%
Other(comment) with where you think Halo 4 falls. 4 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
Halo 4 Difficulty

Hi I was wondering what people's thoughts were about what they expect in the difficulty of the legendary campaign and single player modes. I was wondering if people figured it will be harder than Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Halo CE. Where does everyone think Halo 4 will fall?

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Cool

Nobody nose but 343i.

I fgiure taht the cpmgian wlil be hrad as hlel cusae Hlao 3 was fnikcug isanne yo. And dn'ot get me straetd with Asnvinerary. Hlao Raceh was a ttoal bcith. So ta'ths why I blivee Hlao 4 wlil be czray siht man

Oh yaeh why Hlao 2 no on hree man taht was the wuuuurssssttt

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 09-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'd say it depends on how adaptive the Prometheans really fight. Too soon to know of course
Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Nobody nose but 343i.

I fgiure taht the cpmgian wlil be hrad as hlel cusae Hlao 3 was fnikcug isanne yo. And dn'ot get me straetd with Asnvinerary. Hlao Raceh was a ttoal bcith. So ta'ths why I blivee Hlao 4 wlil be czray siht man

Oh yaeh why Hlao 2 no on hree man taht was the wuuuurssssttt
My brain hurts after trying to read this

As far as i'm concerned no Halo is too hard as i have completed them all solo on legendary, (although after Reach softened me up, CE:A almost broke me)
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
My brain hurts after trying to read this
Glad to see somebody tried to take the time and read that.

There's no way of knowing how tough the campaign will be until we play it for ourselves, and even then, many of us will disagree upon its level of difficulty. Quite a lot of us think Halo 2 is the worst of the worst on legendary, while another lot think CE is brain blustering(is that really a word?)

I personally hope it'll be more of a challenge than ODST was, at least up to par with Halo 3/Reach, if not more difficult than that. There were a few challenging segments from those 2 (Coratana and LNoS respectively). And I believe 343i would want to make the campaign for Halo 4 somewhat easier to ease in a new wave of Halo players.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Some of you might want to put spoiler tags upon mentioning the pro's (Click on the spoiler tag to know what I mean.).

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Firefly2

XD Firefly's Gamercard
I think Legendary on Halo 4 will be the hardest of the series
Firefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
Damoss
Banned User

LeU Damoss's Gamercard
I'm not finding it too difficult at the moment.. The only problem is the bloody knights!
Damoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoss View Post
I'm not finding it too difficult at the moment.. The only problem is the bloody knights!
I figured as much. It seem as if you really have to focus on destroying Watchers ASAP before taking on the Knights in higher difficulties.

Do you use the old noob combo often? And does it work effectively on the Prometheans? On second thought, scratch that last question. I want to find out for myself.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I found CE surprisingly hard, Halo 3 and Reach weren't that bad but I couldn't get over how much CE kicked my ass.
I ended dropping to heroic, then to normal because as much as I love a challenge I can only have my ass handed to me a certain amount of times before I start to cut myself.

90,000G - 01/08/2013
Batman: Arkham City

O0mix0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I hope they made it harder than Reach. Not that Reach was that much of a challenge on solo legendary but it was the "hardest" of the Halo series.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
They need to make an achievement for beating Legendary Campaign will all skulls on. That is where the real fun is.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I hope they made it harder than Reach. Not that Reach was that much of a challenge on solo legendary but it was the "hardest" of the Halo series.
No way man, Halo 2 was the worst!

Hardest-
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
-Easiest
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
No way man, Halo 2 was the worst!

Hardest-
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
-Easiest
Agreed 1000%. I don't know why nobody gives Halo 2 any thought when discussing difficult Campaigns. While Halo 2 is easily my favorite in the franchise, it was a tough battle to beat it on Legendary.

If anyone thinks Halo 3 was hard - at all! - then I feel bad for you. Halo 3 didn't even have us up against Elites, which made it terribly easy. The AI Brutes were incredibly unintelligent.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
I plan to play it at the easiest difficulty so no a clue. I am really only a casual player, more interested in story then in the difficulty level. I have been playing Reach at normal in campaign mode and had to drop it to easy for mission 6 or 7 (Exodus?).
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
I plan to play it at the easiest difficulty so no a clue. I am really only a casual player, more interested in story then in the difficulty level. I have been playing Reach at normal in campaign mode and had to drop it to easy for mission 6 or 7 (Exodus?).
I know what you mean, but the lure of the achievement for Legendary is too much to not go after.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
I dunno. For me, Reach was a pretty good challenge on Legendary, Solo. Probably because it was the first Halo I even attempted Legendary on (of course, now I'm going back to the earlier ones and re-playing them on Legendary, solo).

I think CE is easier than Reach, mostly because of having use of the Bandanna skull for unlimited ammo and Boom to increase their radius, so you can spam plasma grenades all day long. I didn't use this skull when going for A Monument To All Your Sins in Reach, though.

Hopefully, Halo 4 is a FAIR challenge and doesn't employ cheap AI tactics to up the difficulty ante.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Was about to make a thread an moan. Finished every halo solo no problem at all. This one i started on heroic and get owned so went to normal first. Even on NORMAL enemies and insanely accurate as in the never miss and always hit me even when moving. And i die i 3-4 hits on NORMAL. solo legendary will kill me......

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Was about to make a thread an moan. Finished every halo solo no problem at all. This one i started on heroic and get owned so went to normal first. Even on NORMAL enemies and insanely accurate as in the never miss and always hit me even when moving. And i die i 3-4 hits on NORMAL. solo legendary will kill me......
Strafe behind those rocks and funky Forerunner structures as you wait for your shield to recharge. And always resort to using the noob combo. NEVER FORGET TO USE THE NOOB COMBOOOOO

Halo 101.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Strafe behind those rocks and funky Forerunner structures as you wait for your shield to recharge. And always resort to using the noob combo. NEVER FORGET TO USE THE NOOB COMBOOOOO

Halo 101.
Looks like i will have to! Just pick them off slowly and wait for checkpoints. NOOB COMBO FTW

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
They need to make an achievement for beating Legendary Campaign will all skulls on. That is where the real fun is.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Agreed 1000%. I don't know why nobody gives Halo 2 any thought when discussing difficult Campaigns. While Halo 2 is easily my favorite in the franchise, it was a tough battle to beat it on Legendary.

If anyone thinks Halo 3 was hard - at all! - then I feel bad for you. Halo 3 didn't even have us up against Elites, which made it terribly easy. The AI Brutes were incredibly unintelligent.
Minus the jackals with the snipers having uncanny aim, I had zero issue with Halo 2.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #23
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Minus the jackals with the snipers having uncanny aim, I had zero issue with Halo 2.
This ^^
Jackals were the only annoyance.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #24
Steelhead

SG Steelhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I didn't have too much trouble with H2 either, but that was 8 years ago back when I was a youngin at the feisty age of 32. Now I'm an old bastard, so I'm lucky to remember where the hell I put my controller, much less be nimble with it

Games aren't getting harder, I'm just getting slower.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #25
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
Games aren't getting harder, I'm just getting slower.
I like this quote.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #26
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
This ^^
Jackals were the only annoyance.
I can agree with that, and while they were probably the only annoyance, Halo 2 still stands as the hardest Campaign.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #27
Remadee

remadee's Gamercard
Breezed through the first couple of missions, thought, this is fairly easy.

Then I encountered the Knights.
Remadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #28
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Looks to be the hardest Halo yet, even more kickass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #29
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Knight789 View Post
Hi I was wondering what people's thoughts were about what they expect in the difficulty of the legendary campaign and single player modes. I was wondering if people figured it will be harder than Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Halo CE. Where does everyone think Halo 4 will fall?
The campaign is easy on legendary.
Jesus, some of you guys fold like a card table at the slightest whim of a challenge.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #30
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I can agree with that, and while they were probably the only annoyance, Halo 2 still stands as the hardest Campaign.
You think only the Jackals are most annoying? Hell man you forget about the god damn Buggy, especially on Delta Halo.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote