PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Anything I should be prepared for? (No spoilers please)

Hi everyone,

Just finally got the completion on Borderlands after a total of 6 days overall time.

The original game was great fun except when you had to play the new game + with the same character. Really seemed a waste of the four characters as I doubt I will play though it all again for a long time.

The DLC was ok overall. The zombie DLC was my fav as it had great missions and a fun story, the Claptrap and General Knoxx DLC was either ruined by too many stupid collectables, or made boring due to lack of fast travel.

I suppose the bad thing about the original game was the achievements. Not all, but some truly destroyed the fun and flow of the game for me.

So with that in mind. Rather than go in blind into the sequel like I did with the original. Is the achievement list a boring grind-fest which kills the game, any sections I should know about like how only a certain character has a particular item that you need for the game?

Please feel free to add sexy input.
Brako Von Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brako Von Cruel View Post
Hi everyone,

Just finally got the completion on Borderlands after a total of 6 days overall time.

The original game was great fun except when you had to play the new game + with the same character. Really seemed a waste of the four characters as I doubt I will play though it all again for a long time.

The DLC was ok overall. The zombie DLC was my fav as it had great missions and a fun story, the Claptrap and General Knoxx DLC was either ruined by too many stupid collectables, or made boring due to lack of fast travel.

I suppose the bad thing about the original game was the achievements. Not all, but some truly destroyed the fun and flow of the game for me.

So with that in mind. Rather than go in blind into the sequel like I did with the original. Is the achievement list a boring grind-fest which kills the game, any sections I should know about like how only a certain character has a particular item that you need for the game?

Please feel free to add sexy input.
Hi..... again.

You're basically looking at a similar list with mostly the same principled(Is that a word) achievements. There is no terrible horde DLC and the DLC's which have achievements are super easy if you do them with a high level character on the Normal playthrough, like you could on the first game.

You will likely find this game much better than the first, it has several improvements, although i personally would say the first is my favourite in the series, but that's because 'Nostalgia'!

There's 1 Co-op achievement but again, use your second account/controller and you don't need to play with anyone else. The invincible bosses are mostly easier than Crawmerax on the first game, so you shouldn't have too much trouble there.

You'll have to play as all of the characters to a point for their individual achievements and you'll need to get to quite a high level with the Gunzerker(Salvador, my favourite play-able character) and Zero, so if you can, use one of those first.

That's all i can think of at the moment.

Max Clubs FAQs l Staff Clubs l Subscriber Clubs l Challenge/Franchise Clubs

NEED HELP DOING THE ONLINE ACHIEVEMENTS ON TWO WORLDS II!!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #3
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I played through as a sniping Zer0, and his achievement is really easy, but as Scotty said, requires a higher level like Salvador. Other than that, easy achievements; couple exploration ones that might require a small video guide.

Welcome to the best Borderlands game! *puts up his dukes against Scotty*

Floyd. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Cheers gents,

Its not so much difficulty that bothers me, challenge is good. But the original game had so many achievements which destroyed the flow and fun of the main game experience.

its 29.99 on Amazon at the minute which I'm happy to pay. Got a couple of games to play at the moment, so will see if the price can drop a little as well as it feeling like a new experience by the time I get it.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Anything else I need to know?

Heard something about don't do such a thing until playthough 2.5. Also do you recommend to be a certain level for DLC packs and in what order to do them?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #6
BiggD
135 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Zer0's achievement can be obtained as soon as he hits level 5. Look up the exploit where he sits in the back of a Bandit car and spams "A."

It doesn't require you to be a level 20-something like the guide says.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

What Should I Play: Alien: Isolation or Sleeping Dogs: DE
~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #7
Spiral 462
♡ Lilac & Gooseberries ♡

Location: Sunny Florida "...Think I'll take two chickens." -The Hound

SpiralOut46and2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Over Achiever - Bronze   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I'm so happy you're playing Borderlands 2 now, Brako! And that you finished up the first Borderlands. Yay!

I would only give one bit of advice for now, and that is to read up in the Guide on an achievement called Challenge Accepted. This achievement was the most difficult for me to get, as it involved completing Level 1 of all the Challenges with a single character. All of the challenges are easy enough and quite attainable, and you can also complete them all after beating the game, given a bit of time and patience for some of them, ha ha.. But the one that I got hung up on for a long time was trying to find a robot named Jimmy Jenkins. You need to find him once to get his Challenge, and in turn, get this achievement to complete the game. He's a rare spawn and hard to find for many. There is a very helpful member on the Borderlands 2 forums named Burburnator that offers to help you if you can't find him on your own. But read up on how to find him, following the links in the Guide. I didn't ask Burburnator for help myself, instead I found him on my own, but it took forever lol. Just remember the "Doctor's Orders" side mission. When you get that mission, before you do it or complete it, refer to the Guide regarding this achievement/Jimmy Jenkins. There is a good way to find him, but you need to have that Doctor's Orders mission open, and not completed. Having that mission open greatly increases his spawn chances. This shouldn't be any spoilers for you, but I just thought if you didn't know, and you played through the game and completed the Doctor's Orders mission, and then went later to get all those Level 1 challenges, it might make it near impossible to do on your own. Here is the link that I followed through the Guide here with all of the information to help find Jenkins. Other than that Challenge Accepted achievement, everything else should fall into place and you shouldn't have any real troubles. But, my previous offer still stands as always, from when you were playing Borderlands 1. If you need any help at all, just let me know!

As for which order to play the DLC's in, I just played them in the original order that they were released. But, it's entirely up to you.

Join the Sugar And Spice Club! Clicky-here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
She pushes the envelope and watches it bend.

She spirals out, and keeps going.
Spiral 462 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #8
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber Clubs Baron   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Representer
Quote:
Heard something about don't do such a thing until playthough 2.5. Also do you recommend to be a certain level for DLC packs and in what order to do them?
Welcome to level scaling. Do them in any order you wish, unlike BL1

Old 02-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #9
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Thanks everyone,

One more question.

When it comes to new game + or 2nd playthrough or wahtever it is. This time around can you be a different character or is it just the same as the first in that you have to do it all again with the same character?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
When it comes to new game + or 2nd playthrough or wahtever it is. This time around can you be a different character or is it just the same as the first in that you have to do it all again with the same character?
All Borderlands games have to be the same character for multiple playthroughs. Wouldn't make sense to suddenly have another one at level 30+.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #11
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
Makes no sense to make the gamer play the same game 2-3 times with the same character when there are 6 available.

I've had to stop playing it anyway. I still think its too soon to play so soon after completing the first game. It just feels like the same copy & pasted s**t at the moment. Going to play other games and then try again in a couple of months when its out of my mind.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #12
Floyd.

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

What game lets you play a different character at first playthrough's level cap to make this not make sense?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
Brako Von Cruel

Brako V25's Gamercard
I honestly cannot play this game for longer than 10 minutes at a time

CoD2 has such good pace that it makes Borderlands 2 feel like you're travelling through tar. Plus the travelling is killing so much time.

Think I need to give this game a very wide berth before I ever contemplate trying to play it again.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:

CoD2 has such good pace that it makes Borderlands 2 feel like you're travelling through tar. Plus the travelling is killing so much time.

Think I need to give this game a very wide berth before I ever contemplate trying to play it again.
Thats how i felt when i first started playing it, the pacing sucked.

It will pick up though, after you reach sanctuary and the side quests start opening up along with more loot. Though if you really did not like it, maybe find some friends to play it with you, it will help break up the pacing and help with some challenges that require other players. Also more loot and stuff like the first game.
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #15
STILLBORN

DRxROCKSO's Gamercard
Quote:

CoD and Borderlands are not even in the same genre of games. You are literally comparing apples to oranges.
STILLBORN is offline   Reply With Quote