Xepty2's Gamercard
1000 hours

... and still playing) really luv the game
Xepty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
Spiral 462
Enjoying: Kale Salads ^.^

SpiralOut46and2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepty1 View Post
... and still playing) really luv the game
Same here

Thanks to MissJaded for our Team Sig
XBA's Gamerscore League 13 is on Extra Life!

Play Games. Heal Kids.

Spiral 462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:46 AM   #3
Slaughter XBA
Award Troll

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Who doesn't?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter. View Post
Who doesn't?
Me.

But seriously, I just played it again after being reminded of it by the Destiny beta and remembered why I stopped (and hated it) in the first place. I never seem to get any good loot - even when I get a blue or a purple weapon they do almost no damage whatsoever to enemies. Also, I find myself dying so often and losing tons of money, even on "Normal" missions.

Maybe I'm just bad at the game, but I found it so hard and dull I can't remember any parts where I actually enjoyed playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
maze

ZombieMaze's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
I never seem to get any good loot - even when I get a blue or a purple weapon they do almost no damage whatsoever to enemies.
Don't just go for the damage that is displayed on the card.
I'd advice that it's more efficient to stick to weapon type/manufacturer you like or got used to.
Vladof or Jakobs pistols
Vladof or Bandit assault rifles
Jakobs or Hyperion shotguns

And use elements. Better said - just don't shoot with fire at enemies that use fire/have anything fiery in their name or at enemies with a yellow health bar.
Other than that you don't really need to rely on elements in your Normal playthrough.

If you die every so often try to have a launcher ready to get a second wind with. Preferably Bandit or Vladof.

Use you grenades wisely.
Transfusion grenades will heal you for a percentage of their damage.
MIRV grenades deal the most damage.
Try to get on with a low fuse time, don't switch to a new one because it has a 100 more damage but a fuse of 3+ seconds especially with Transfusions.

And most important - use your Action Skill!
What's you character?
Axton - go for the left skill tree first, make your turret better
Maya - the right tree, Ruin is her most useful skill
Sal - Inconceivable first (middle tree), than onto the left tree and use mainly pistols
Gaige - right tree and just shoot anywhere
Zero or Krieg are not recommend for beginners.

Certified zombiehunter since 1996!
maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
DisposableArts

Lou Syffa's Gamercard
I play this game too much as well, which is cool because the Pre Sequel will be out soon and I can run that too.

If you get killed a lot, you're style of play is probably a little weak. I go online and I see people just running into areas where there are sooo many enemies, they're bound to die quickly.

Slag is vital in UVHM, always slag then kill your enemy. I'm positive a lot of people forget to slag in UVHM from my online plays. Don't always go for the fashion gun that you see everyone using, not every character works well with an infinity, etc.. pick weapons to suit your character.

Use your class mods wisely, really figure out a good build and what works best for you. I tweak my skill tree with my Siren a lot because when I'm online, I focus on healing and killing, but when I'm solo, I'm a ruthless killing machine.
DisposableArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maze View Post
Don't just go for the damage that is displayed on the card.
I'd advice that it's more efficient to stick to weapon type/manufacturer you like or got used to.
Vladof or Jakobs pistols
Vladof or Bandit assault rifles
Jakobs or Hyperion shotguns

And use elements. Better said - just don't shoot with fire at enemies that use fire/have anything fiery in their name or at enemies with a yellow health bar.
Other than that you don't really need to rely on elements in your Normal playthrough.
This is true, I always seem to forget this while I'm in the middle of a battle and just try and do as much damage as I can with my sniper, while occasionally using slag. Most of the guns I'm using are Purple/blue, so you'd think that they would do a decent amount of damage.

Quote:
If you die every so often try to have a launcher ready to get a second wind with. Preferably Bandit or Vladof.
I have one, but the enemies keep running away when I get downed so I can't hit them easily. Maybe this is one of those games where you're not meant to play on your own?

Quote:
Use you grenades wisely.
Transfusion grenades will heal you for a percentage of their damage.
MIRV grenades deal the most damage.
Try to get on with a low fuse time, don't switch to a new one because it has a 100 more damage but a fuse of 3+ seconds especially with Transfusions.
Actually, I didn't know that. I just used whichever one had the best stats, but I only used them as last resorts, like if I was running out of ammo.

Quote:
And most important - use your Action Skill!
What's you character?
Axton - go for the left skill tree first, make your turret better
Maya - the right tree, Ruin is her most useful skill
Sal - Inconceivable first (middle tree), than onto the left tree and use mainly pistols
Gaige - right tree and just shoot anywhere
Zero or Krieg are not recommend for beginners.
I'm playing as Zero, so that's probably part of the reason why I'm doing so badly. Is it worth starting over and selecting a new character? I was thinking of going with either Maya or Axel.

Oh, and thanks for the advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #8
SicklyPlague
Not that kind of plague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
This is true, I always seem to forget this while I'm in the middle of a battle and just try and do as much damage as I can with my sniper, while occasionally using slag. Most of the guns I'm using are Purple/blue, so you'd think that they would do a decent amount of damage.

I have one, but the enemies keep running away when I get downed so I can't hit them easily. Maybe this is one of those games where you're not meant to play on your own?

Actually, I didn't know that. I just used whichever one had the best stats, but I only used them as last resorts, like if I was running out of ammo.

I'm playing as Zero, so that's probably part of the reason why I'm doing so badly. Is it worth starting over and selecting a new character? I was thinking of going with either Maya or Axel.

Oh, and thanks for the advice!
I know this is a late response.

Quality really dose not matter unless its a legendary or pearlesent, level is what matters most, the higher the level the better stats.

Yeah borderlands was made to be played as a co-op game but its completely doable solo. As for dying a lot, thats part of the game, money really isent that hard to come by especially if you keep going through your guns/other stuff and sell off the things you dont use/dont need.

Yeah dont be afraid to use grenades like ammo you find so many of them in chests its a waste to not use them.

Its not really the character, its how you use them, are you speced right, using the right guns etc. All 4 are good if you play them right.

Thanks to Magixman for the sig!
SicklyPlague is offline   Reply With Quote