PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #121
dinosaursrawk15

dinosaursrawk15's Gamercard
Found him in Opportunity behind the barrier! I literally freaked out when I saw him and my friends were concerned for my sanity. I attached a shitty quality cell phone picture for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of the little bastard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 339895_3684821645079_1353504113_o.jpg (38.9 KB, 66 views)
dinosaursrawk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 AM   #122
Kagean30

KMW30's Gamercard
Lucky! Achievements that have to do with luck or random encounters drive me nuts.
Kagean30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #123
sleepingrhino

MRChubles's Gamercard
help me plz...

So I've tried all the spots for over 8 hours +. Still nothing. Can someone please, please message me and let me kill him if they happen to have him spawn in their game...

This is the worst challenge ever! The one thing that is challenging about this is not losing your mind, how many times do you have to kill him for level 5?

gamertag: MRChubles

I will of course give you any loot I have that you want , please help me out.
sleepingrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #124
RedemtionOWNAGE

RedemtionOWNAGE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaursrawk15 View Post
Found him in Opportunity behind the barrier! I literally freaked out when I saw him and my friends were concerned for my sanity. I attached a shitty quality cell phone picture for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of the little bastard.
Haha looks like exactaly how I found him in my video haha and the same box, cheers man
RedemtionOWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #125
RedemtionOWNAGE

RedemtionOWNAGE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyPlatypusV2 View Post
WOOOOOOO, 40 mins in Oppertunity DONE, Achievement unlocked, only 4 achievements left

RedemtionOWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #126
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Finally got the bastard.

Waited until I got back to the Reservation on TVHM, found him after my third run. Even told myself it would be the last run and then I'm off to bed.
I think this is much less of a headache, just have to fight your way back each run.

Horrible achievement outta the way, killed Jimmy HARD.
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #127
ManBearPig_06

llmanbearpigii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreage View Post
Its not in the video lol. When you are playing by yourself and you fast travel from sanctuary to anywhere the game will load, while it is doing that, there will probably be a weapon spinning at the bottom right hand corner. I keep seeing a assault rifle with a infinite symbol on it when the game is loading and i wish to obtain it >.
I have one that sounds like that. When I shoot it, the bullets actually make a loop to the right and then left, creating a ∞ pattern from the inaccuracy.
ManBearPig_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #128
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Me and a mate were playing didnt even no who Jimmy Jenkins was. He jumped out of a box in the Nature Reserve he killed him. He got the challenge i didnt. I keep going back and hes never there. Let it be said Ive been tempted not to talk to him again lol.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #129
juniorvarsity33

juniorvarsity33's Gamercard
I'm gonna grind this next year after all dlc. I'd hate to go thru all this frustration to find him and then easily find him when playing at a later time. I've never understood worrying about cheevs like this when there's still so much more of the game to be played...
juniorvarsity33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #130
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LykanLunatik View Post
Finally got the bastard.

Waited until I got back to the Reservation on TVHM, found him after my third run. Even told myself it would be the last run and then I'm off to bed.
I think this is much less of a headache, just have to fight your way back each run.

Horrible achievement outta the way, killed Jimmy HARD.
Did you save and quit after opening the boxes, or did you dashboard it?

I have this quest on TVHM and have been putting off doing it because I didn't want to save and quit and have to do another play through. But I also didn't want to dashboard it and risk messing up my badass rank, lol. (not that I'v heard of dashboarding affecting the rank, but better safe than sorry, lol).
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #131
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaursrawk15 View Post
found him in opportunity behind the barrier! I literally freaked out when i saw him and my friends were concerned for my sanity. I attached a shitty quality cell phone picture for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of the little bastard.
i hate him so much!!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #132
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
After seeing this thread and reading horror stories.....he jumped out of one of the chests in the Wildlife Preserve my first time through the area on my Single Player character....

Sorry =/

If it makes anyone feel any better, I've spent several hours trying to get Pimon and Tuumba to spawn so I could complete that challenge though >_>

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #133
gruffpunch

Gruff Punch's Gamercard
Boom!!!! http://www.g4tv.com/videos/60910/bor...ter-egg-video/ this is how jimmy jenkins came to be
gruffpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #134
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
I tried farming the Opportunity boxes behind the barriers and got him in about two hours.
Very good tip....
I thought it was the only level challenge i had left, until no achievement popped, then i read about the 'sort of hidden' Shot Gun & Rocket launcher challenge's, ( Shotgun Sniper & Catch-A-Ride) which i had no idea about, so now i'm trying to get them out the way, while i finish the last few side-mission's.....
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #135
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
First time i opened the boxes, i didn't get Jimmy Jenkins. I saved and quit, then reloaded the game in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.

Not kidding, i found him the 2nd time i opened the boxes. I guess i don't have to pull my hair out now.

Yes, this was during the main quest to the place on my first run.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 09-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #136
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBatfink View Post
I tried farming the Opportunity boxes behind the barriers and got him in about two hours.
Very good tip....
I thought it was the only level challenge i had left, until no achievement popped, then i read about the 'sort of hidden' Shot Gun & Rocket launcher challenge's, ( Shotgun Sniper & Catch-A-Ride) which i had no idea about, so now i'm trying to get them out the way, while i finish the last few side-mission's.....
just an fyi, more than likely why you get the pre-requisite challenge the next challengs will also be completed.

when i got rocket launcher's splish splash, catch a rocket was already at lvl 4.

working toward shotgun's open wide and expect that shotgun sniper may already be done.

now i need to find jenkins and find/use a transfusion grenade.

anyone know where i can buy/find a transfusion grenade?
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #137
O Mal de Cristo

O Mal de Cristo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
He was a coding error in the game when it was still under development, they decided to include him as an easter egg after one of the devs gave him the name Jimmy Jenkins. No part of him is still an error.

i have the strat guide and he wasn't a coding error. he was a character they were working on that was going to be a quest to get him and return him to his family and then hed be a quest giver afterwards. but they didn't have time so they threw him in as a challenge
O Mal de Cristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #138
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Mal de Cristo View Post
i have the strat guide and he wasn't a coding error. he was a character they were working on that was going to be a quest to get him and return him to his family and then hed be a quest giver afterwards. but they didn't have time so they threw him in as a challenge
according to the video poster earlier it was a mistake in a poster that got them to include it in thet game.

it the poster the mech look little and wierd and instaed of fixing it they put it in the game.

at least that what the ppl in the video said.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #139
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingrhino View Post
This is the worst challenge ever! The one thing that is challenging about this is not losing your mind, how many times do you have to kill him for level 5?
Why on Earth would you want to torture yourself to get that challenge to level 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #140
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDragon360 View Post
Did you save and quit after opening the boxes, or did you dashboard it?

I have this quest on TVHM and have been putting off doing it because I didn't want to save and quit and have to do another play through. But I also didn't want to dashboard it and risk messing up my badass rank, lol. (not that I'v heard of dashboarding affecting the rank, but better safe than sorry, lol).
Dashboarded. interestingly enough, it saves the exp gained but not loot, so i leveled during my runs.
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #141
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LykanLunatik View Post
Dashboarded. interestingly enough, it saves the exp gained but not loot, so i leveled during my runs.
Ah nice, I still need 2 and a 1/2 levels to get to 50. Lets see what I get first.

*edit*
That went well! 3rd box opened and there he was!

*edit 2*
Just found him in a locker just after all those caged skags get let out as well!

Last edited by MadDragon360; 09-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
MadDragon360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #142
MATT3969

MATT3969's Gamercard
Finally killed the cocksucker behind one of the barriers in Opportunity
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #143
FuzzyRabbidDogg

FuzzyRabbidDogg's Gamercard
has anyone confirmed if you have to get the final shot on him to get the cheevo?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #144
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyRabbidDogg View Post
has anyone confirmed if you have to get the final shot on him to get the cheevo?
I can't confirm, but I assume it'd be the same as killing the chubby mobs. (Only the person who kills him gets the achievement).

For anyone wondering, if your turret kills him it counts. I threw out my 2 turrets and he died before I could shoot my gun, and still completed the challenge.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #145
FuzzyRabbidDogg

FuzzyRabbidDogg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDragon360 View Post
I can't confirm, but I assume it'd be the same as killing the chubby mobs. (Only the person who kills him gets the achievement).
But when you kill people like donkey mong or Terra everyone in the lobby get's the achievement.

Last edited by FuzzyRabbidDogg; 09-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.
FuzzyRabbidDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #146
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyRabbidDogg View Post
But when you kill people like donkey mong or Terra everyone in the lobby get's the achievement.
Ah, maybe the chubby mobs are different then, if donkey mong counts for everyone.

Anyway, I'd try killing him solo during the quest in the wildlife preserve, and dashboarding it if he don't pop out of the boxes. It seems the easiest way to find him. (especially if, like me, you don't have that arena dlc).
Old 09-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #147
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
I keep loading my save in Opportunity hoping to find him in the crate, but no luck. I thought I had him 3 different times, but it was just a loot robot. HATE THIS CHALLENGE!!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #148
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Took my friend almost 9hrs to find him in opportunity but myself 20 mins, my other friend in 3 runs of wildlife, i hate luck based things
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #149
SuperHippo

SuperHippo123's Gamercard
Found him after two tries in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, my friend has been attempting to find him all day. :P
SuperHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #150
Steveinator

steveinator's Gamercard
I've been seeing people talk about finding Jimmy Jenkins by the barriers in Opportunity. Where's this barrier located? I have a hard time trying to remember it.

-Halo 3: ODST
-Halo Anniversary
-Monday Night Combat
-Arena Master, Glork, and Medic! (Castle Crashers)

Will help with boosting in return, send message on the forums or XBL if you'd like to help!
Steveinator is offline   Reply With Quote