Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Kingseeker Frampt

I'm wondering if you can talk to Frampt and still join the Darkwraith covenant. I have lots of useless shit that I would like to feed to Frampt, but I still want to join the Darkwraiths (PvP reasons). I have the Lordvessel, and I have read that if you talk to Frampt, he will carry you over to the Firelink Altar to place the Lordvessel, if you place it then you won't be able to join DW covenant. But if you do not place it and use a Homeward bone back to Firelink Shrine, you will be able to feed him items, and after beating 4 kings still be able to join Darkwraiths.

Does this work? Or is it a bunch of bullshit?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
I'm wondering if you can talk to Frampt and still join the Darkwraith covenant. I have lots of useless shit that I would like to feed to Frampt, but I still want to join the Darkwraiths (PvP reasons). I have the Lordvessel, and I have read that if you talk to Frampt, he will carry you over to the Firelink Altar to place the Lordvessel, if you place it then you won't be able to join DW covenant. But if you do not place it and use a Homeward bone back to Firelink Shrine, you will be able to feed him items, and after beating 4 kings still be able to join Darkwraiths.

Does this work? Or is it a bunch of bullshit?
Sounds pretty risky, just keep hold of your stuff until you beat the four kings and speak to Darkstalker Kaathe before seeling your stuff to Frampt. Tbh you really don't get all that many souls for seeling stuff to him it's more of a cleanout tool. If it's bugging you having such a full inventory just use the Bottomless Box and sell it all later.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Brambledamble

Brambledamble's Gamercard
AFAIK, as soon as you're able to sell stuff to Frampt (he won't let you do that without placing the Lordvessel), Kaathe will no longer appear in your playthrough. Vice-versa, when you join the Darkwraith covenant Frampt will be pissed off about you and leave Firelink Shrine for the rest of this playthrough.

Just throw away anything you don't need or put it in the Bottomless Box, the souls you get from selling stuff to Frampt are not worth it anyways...
100% Retail: Avatar, Lost, CSI, King Kong, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, Saw, Night at the Museum 2, Quantum of Solace, Too Human, X-Blades, Sega Mega Drive UC, Terminator, Wolverine, Brütal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Halo: ODST, Transformers WfC, Blazblue CT, Dead Space, [PROTOTYPE], Halo Wars (1200), Halo 3 (1750), Gears of War 2 (1750), Fable 2 (1350), Borderlands (1750), Resident Evil 5 (1400), Splinter Cell (1250)
Brambledamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervius View Post
Sounds pretty risky, just keep hold of your stuff until you beat the four kings and speak to Darkstalker Kaathe before seeling your stuff to Frampt. Tbh you really don't get all that many souls for seeling stuff to him it's more of a cleanout tool. If it's bugging you having such a full inventory just use the Bottomless Box and sell it all later.
I'm not planning on a NG+ playthrough, since I already 1k'd this game a year ago. I'm playing this time solely for PvP and the upcoming DLC.

http://www.gamespot.com/dark-souls/f...nant-60885278/

Found some threads that support my claim. Btw, can I make a back-up save file in a USB? For safety measures in case this doesn't work.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 09-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Dolmantor

Dolmanator's Gamercard
After you get the Lordvessel you cannot speak to Kingseeker Frampt and then join the Darkwraith Covenant. However before you get the Lordvessel you can talk to him as much as you want.
Dolmantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolmantor View Post
After you get the Lordvessel you cannot speak to Kingseeker Frampt and then join the Darkwraith Covenant. However before you get the Lordvessel you can talk to him as much as you want.
Hmm... Fuck Frampt then. Being a Darkwraith is my priority, so I'll just have to stick with my excess crap.