Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #31
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Damn been on a search to find this guy for a while.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #32
machonach0

machonach0's Gamercard
If anyone wants to try to find this guy just send me a message. I'm having no luck doing it solo.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #33
lprulez

lprulez's Gamercard
I've gotten him to spawn five times so far. Tundra Express is the best place to get him to appear. If anyone wants to join me in farming him my GT is Froslass lvl 99.
lprulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'd like to farm him, but my fucking game needs a patch first...
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #35
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Can anyone else confirm if you need a certain amount of people (ie 2 will spawn him, or you must have 4) ?

I want to get the kawaii killer for siren, haha.

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #36
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Can anyone else confirm if you need a certain amount of people (ie 2 will spawn him, or you must have 4) ?

I want to get the kawaii killer for siren, haha.
I can confirm that he can be farmed solo.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #37
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Killed him in the caverns, lvl 44 took a lot of turrets but he dropped nothing good at all
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #38
Ciel Nuit

Ciel Nuit's Gamercard
I'm having no luck solo. If anyone is willing to go hunt him down and kill him just send me a message on XBL! Preferably someone who is a level 50.
Ciel Nuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
Metroid51X

The Neko Otaku's Gamercard
i face this guy twice in the span of 5 mintues and it is not fun, most terryfing moment of borderlands 2
Metroid51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #40
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminghotpie View Post
Looks a bit like a bug from starship troopers :P
Varkids are sort of an easter egg to most famous movie aliens. The two most notable in comparison are Starship Troopers "Arachnids" and Lost Planets Akrids.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #41
v SnOwMaN v

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
No luck here the bastard known as ultimate badass varied just flies around like a dumbass.

U N P L U G Y A E T H E R N E T B O Y

v SnOwMaN v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #42
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Seems like most people in here got him in the Caustic Caverns hmmm but the only save spot to camp and wait is at Old Man Johnson's Farm in Tundra Express. Still no luck though...

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #43
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'm always on a hunt to find him btw

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #44
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that to get him to go from Ultimate badass, to invincible he has to kill some enemies (not sure if killing players counts), so that he can level up like the Goliaths do.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1

Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #46
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by v SnOwMaN v View Post
No luck here the bastard known as ultimate badass varied just flies around like a dumbass.
In the 2 days I've attempted, I got ONE Ultimate Badass and I can't even count the number of standard and Super Badasses.

Me and some friends tried on wednesday and rarely killed anything. We even managed to coerce the super badass to kill the crystalisk. Most times, the super badass will just stand there until you fire a bullet at or near him. Then he just attacks you and burrows.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #47
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Yeah we got a Ultimate Badass today in Tundra Express and pleeenty of Chubby Varkids which dropped a few legendaries including the Whisky Tango Foxtrot shield but we gave up after 30 minutes of waiting.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #48
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
Just a little information.

Hey there people. Just wanted to stop in and give my input on Vermmy.

1. Everyone having Blood of Terramorphous is not needed! Although i can not say even with it not being worn, he will still spawn, atleast we know you dont need everyone to have it.

2. You DO NOT need 4 people to get him to spawn. I've had him spawn by myself, i've had him spawn with me and a guest, and with 4 people. Although, as the game states, more people = more/stronger enemies = better loot.

3. He CAN be found at lower levels. One of my friends got him to spawn in tundra at the level of 46 before his 2.5 playthrough.

4. You do NOT need to find a varkid who is already a Badass or blood varkids. I've got him to spawn from larval to Supreme Pod most of the times i've done him. some times he would form from a blood.

5. You CAN Make Vermmy spawn twice in 1 game. You need to have patience to do it, but can be done. I used the Family Tree Idea, and worked wonderfully.

To give people an idea what im talking about when i say family tree, i mean that you let the game cap out the amount of mobs you can have (yes, there is a limit you can have in an area). Then you just let them evolve and dont kill any. the 3 times i got him to spawn in my game, i had 3 ultimate badasses flying around while i was bait because my friends didnt want to lose their 10s of millions of dollars. after about 5- 10 minutes, 1 of those 3 ultimates would go into a supreme pod. First vermmy we got to spawn we had vermmy himself, 2 ultimates, 5 supers, 6 badasses,and 2 adults. No larval and no blood could be found. After the first Vermmy was killed, we decided to test if he could spawn again. we let the 2 ultimates live, killed 3 supers and 5 badasses, and left the adults alone. More larval spawned and well, just let them evolve as we kept the ulitmates attentions. a 3rd ultimate appeared and again, 5 - 10 minutes later, another vermmy spawned. I wish i had a cap. card to record footage, but im too cheap to buy one
Old 10-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #49
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

The "Family Tree Method" and all these other theories are complete bullshit. The chance of Vermivorous spawning is -->RANDOM<--.

I have followed multiple topics at the gearbox forums and have tried spawning him myself, by myself. Some games I would get an ultimate badass and other times a couple super badasses.

The best advice is to go somewhere with a lot of varkids and if a varkid stops evolving after five minutes, kill it and move on.

I've also heard it's possible to get him to spawn at the Creature Slaughter Dome. The ultimate badass spawns in Round 2 after you kill the super badass.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #50
LuigiS16

LuigiS16's Gamercard
The best way to get a guarenteed Ultimate Badass is in the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC.

Complete the first round, hand the quest in and pick up the quest for round 2.

At the start of Wave 4(or5)? you get a Ultimate Badass everytime along with spiderlings,skags and larva varkids, wait to see if he evolves into Vermivorous, if not let yourself die and repeat all over again. (The wave before you get a Super Badass, you can also wait to see if he evolves to give yourself another chance at Vermi).

My first attempt at this I got Vermivorous to spawn, wasn't expecting him to appear so I died, thought I'd have to run through it a couple of times.

Like I said, probably the best way to give yourself a good chance at Vermi (Unless you have 4 players, Tundra or Caustic is probably better for survivability), but it can be quite hard at times to hold out for him to evolve.

Only downside is that if you die, or if the Ultimate Badass doesn't evolve, you have to go through the first few waves again.
LuigiS16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #51
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
Jet, i understand it is completely random, but i think the chances of you spawning Vermmy is greater because of the amount of varkid you let live. I support that method BECAUSE of what you do. More Varkid = Better Vermmy chance because each one has a random chance to evolve.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #52
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
We uncovered anything new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #53
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
We uncovered anything new?
whether it is a family tree or a random chance, the game will only allow so many higher tier enemies at once, and if they don't morph at the higher level you kill it. If a superbadass doesnt morph into ultimate after a reasonable time period kill it, if a badass doesnt morph into super kill it... start with the higher tiers first after so long without morphing, this will "open up" space for the lower tier ones to evolve up through the tiers. It IS possible to kill all of the Varkids there and get him to appear, but this way you are basically sifting through all the enemies to see which one has a chance to become Vermi.

My group got him to spawn about 10 times in an hour or 2 by using this method.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #54
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Myself and a couple friends finally battled Vermivorous for the first time a couple of days ago after many attempts to spawn him. This is what I've observed:

• While some have claimed it is possible (though very slim) to spawn Vermivorous solo, I have never successfully done so. Many who have done it said it took many hours of play with a lot of restarting if evolution slowed.
  • If evolution does not continue with a maximum of 3-4 minutes between, it probably won't happen.
  • The highest rate of success is in a lobby of 4 people, 3 is also possible. Doing it with 2 doesn't progress any better than solo.
  • Party members do not have to be constantly engaged in battle with the varkids throughout the evolutionary process. Hiding in a nearby building (Caustic Caverns, Tundra Express Farmhouse) will work so long as party members continue to draw aggro from enemies either via shooting walls and other nearby surfaces or if a Gunzerker is present via "Come At Me Bro".
  • The family tree is BS
  • Once an Ultimate Badass has spawned, it will be necessary to keep tabs as to where it is. Vermivorous himself is so large that when the Ultimate Badass Varkid pods, the pod will not be visible.
  • Vermivorous appears to drop little to no loot.

Hope this helps. Also, PC players can download a "difficulty slider" mod that will trick the game into thinking there are multiple players if playing solo. That seems to be the only definitive way to spawn him solo.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 01-23-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #55
DarkBlackWidow
Banned User

Jimmyblue42's Gamercard
Solo'd vermmy 2 weeks ago when they made his spawn increase. Only took like 30-45 minutes though. Got a badass rocket launcer off him but that basicly it.
DarkBlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #56
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
Vermivorous appears to drop little to no loot.

Legendary mods, Norfleet, Nasty Surprise and 5 custom heads say hi.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #57
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Looking for a team that wants to fight/farm Vermi.
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote