PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
h2hoes

JohnHova's Gamercard
Question Scale Runner scores not saving?!

Has anyone else had this issue?
Ive been playing Scale Runner (with bass guitar) a lot recently and every time I shut the system off (after saving, of course) my scores show up as 0 the next time I load up the game.
I was SO CLOSE to 50,000,00 at one point... Help me!
Thanks.

PS
I'm on Playstation.
h2hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
h2hoes

JohnHova's Gamercard
I've now noticed that even my old guitar scores have now gone back to zero.
No one else has experienced this?
... I'm thinking of erasing the save data and starting again.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
pedgz

pedgz's Gamercard
all scale runner scores resets to zero even just by exiting the mini-game. which means if you are trying to unlock the achievement, you have to play all the scales in one sitting. i did mine that way. i think this was caused by the bass update.
pedgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
h2hoes

JohnHova's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that, and I completely don't understand why they would make that change.
The leader board says I have 35,000,000. Does that mean I can continue to add to that score if I somehow (randomly guess) get new high scores for the one's I've not done?
Or does the game literally think I have 0 every time I enter Scale Runner?

Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
pedgz

pedgz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2hoes View Post
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that, and I completely don't understand why they would make that change.
The leader board says I have 35,000,000. Does that mean I can continue to add to that score if I somehow (randomly guess) get new high scores for the one's I've not done?
Or does the game literally think I have 0 every time I enter Scale Runner?

Thanks again.
you're welcome.
my guess is the leaderboard will keep track of all your scores for all the scales until you manage to beat your own high scores (given that you are not using the pause method). however, if you're talking about your cuurrent score totals towards unlocking the achievement, it is not the leaderboard total that matters but the onscreen total in your current mini-game (i.e., each scale has its high score listed, right? as long as that score is not zero, then it counts towards the total you need to unlock the cheev.). just to make it clear, scores reset to zero once you exit the scale runner mini-game, not when you exit out of the current scale you're playing. which means if you play a scale and you have a bad start and what to retart that scale, it's safe to exit that and restart as long as you do not exit out and return to the rocksmith main menu.

i honestly don't know why they would change it, but if you look on the good side of it, it encourages you to go for the different scales in one sitting. the muscle memory involve will be more useful if you get your hands consistently going at it. out of the 11, i found 3 of them challenging, especially the last two. the first two will give you an idea that will help in scales 3-9, and those in turn will help with final two. give yourself say, 3 hours max and with determination, you'll get the required scores. not only that, once you do, it's less pressure to go back to the mini-game and appreciate it as a very good learning tool for scales.

Last edited by pedgz; 10-05-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i thought you had to get the points for the achievement in one scale sitting. Like one run though of the e major scale. Didnt no it was the total.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
pedgz

pedgz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
i thought you had to get the points for the achievement in one scale sitting. Like one run though of the e major scale. Didnt no it was the total.
it's the sum total of all your scores from the eleven scales.