PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > I Dig It
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
AMIRITE 512

Amirite 512's Gamercard
Game Crashes on Start

Anyone else having this problem? The game worked fine before tonight (aside from all the achievement glitches).

Now when I try to open it, it goes to the loading screen for a split second before returning me to my live tiles.
AMIRITE 512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
Happens to me often. A quick soft reset (hold power button down until it says GoodBye) normally fixes it.

These games (all the WP7 Xbox Live games) are so buggy.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
AMIRITE 512

Amirite 512's Gamercard
I've tried this already and it still doesn't load.

I've had zero problems with my other WP7 games. Need for Speed, Monopoly, and Ilomilo all worked great. I guess it really just depends on the developer.

EDIT: It finally decided to cooperate.

Last edited by AMIRITE 512; 02-07-2011 at 04:02 AM.
AMIRITE 512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Corrosivescott

Corrosive5cott's Gamercard
Mine never had any problems with starting up I'm running it on the Samsung Focus

Corrosivescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
Yep, I got through the first 3 levels (even though the 3rd level achievement didnt unluck after 3 1/2 hours of digging...) and now it won't open at all. I've reset it twice, nothing. Quick loading screen, then black screen, then front tiles. So frustrating...
schism35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
TNTJudbud

TNTJudbud's Gamercard
Everything was doing fine for 7 days now it won't load up for me either...
TNTJudbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Southernmade

TJGERVAIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've had this problem now 2 times(Samsung Focus).

Uninstall and reinstall is all i can say, but you loose all the collections in the museum.
Southernmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
TNTJudbud

TNTJudbud's Gamercard
How much time had you put into the game before it quit starting?

curious if the ones with issues are using a sd card in there phone?

I do have a card in mine & have the no start issue now.. On my other phone with no sd card it works fine still, our 3rd has the same sd card as mine in it too & it also still plays I Dig It just fine.. though neither 2 or 3 have near the hrs on the game like 1 does & the 2 that still start & play just fine have minimal saves and hrs played...

All 3 are samsung focus.. 2 have sandisk 8gb class 2 cards in them..

I also noticed the live tile for xbox on the phone the avatar image is now frozen..
TNTJudbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
metalking9

metalking9's Gamercard
I have these problems as well. I start the game up, but it kicks me back to the windows tiles after a couple seconds of loading. This began 4 or 5 days after buying the game. Also, the junk collector achievement didn't unlock even though I clearly have all the items in my museum.

One other thing, when the game crashing back to the tiles thing started happening, my internet surfing activities became slower and I had freezing issues. I've since uninstalled the game and things are better now.

I hate the lack of quality control displayed by Microsoft when it comes to WP7 games. They should at the very least require that the game actually works before allowing it to be released on their platform as a product that people pay for.
metalking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Mine was working ok for a while, then you had to do a soft reset to get it to load. If you accidentally or intentionally quit out it would then not restart without another soft reset.

Probably just coincidence but after the "cut+paste" phone update I'm unable to get it to load at all, even after a fresh restart of the phone.

Haven't wanted to try an uninstall yet as I've collected quite a reasonable museum.

Was a reinstall a permanent cure for anyone or will it starting failing to load again?

I have an HTC HD7.

Last edited by LeiChat; 04-14-2011 at 05:42 PM.
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiChat View Post
Mine was working ok for a while, then you had to do a soft reset to get it to load. If you accidentally or intentionally quit out it would then not restart without another soft reset.

Probably just coincidence but after the "cut+paste" phone update I'm unable to get it to load at all, even after a fresh restart of the phone.

Haven't wanted to try an uninstall yet as I've collected quite a reasonable museum.

Was a reinstall a permanent cure for anyone or will it starting failing to load again?

I have an HTC HD7.
Htc hd 7. no luck. not loading at all even after redownloading the game
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
KingKeepo

Prince Keepo's Gamercard
This is infuriating. I love the game, but having to soft reset a couple of times is annoying. I have a feeling they've given up on updates for this which is a shame.

I also lose my current save if I let the phone idle too long so I have to remember to save as much as possible and pray that the game doesn't crash while I do it.
KingKeepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Mine was ok after the update. Still gradually lagged on loading which gets worse the more you play/save but I did manage to get the outstanding acjmhievements.
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #14
Terrin

terrin's Gamercard
Well I did some testing and found out for me if I fill my meuseum up to a certain point it starts to crash
Terrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
bboy360

Bboy360 com's Gamercard
It never worked on my HD7, but when I got a Nokia 900 everything was fine and it loaded up 100 times faster.
I'm Bboy360 75k Cheevos + 55k MySpace friends (Only one in the World). #93 on Kinect Cheevos leaderboard. Check http://bboy360.com or http://Cheevos.com
or FB Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/196994372407/
bboy360 is offline   Reply With Quote