PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Hishoa

Gamestop allowing LE pre-orders again

As of this posting, you're able to pre-order the LE edition from their website.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...edition/102028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro, courtesy of Se7ensins
Lol everybody dropped their pre orders to Regular Edition when they found out they are getting ripped off.

Last edited by Hishoa; 10-20-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Rednacht

tastey poison's Gamercard
Compared to what you can get in just the regular edition without having to pay an extra $30 I'm not surprised.

Last edited by Rednacht; 10-20-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Rednacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
LE's content is severely devalued anyway, ill get it in the future when its cheaper like mass 3
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think a lot of people canceled theirs which is why it's now back as available in the inventory. I'm thinking of doing the same.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Hishoa

I agree with all the sentiments above. Just putting it out there that GS is allowing pre-orders again for those who missed the LE train.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
I'm on a fairly good terms with the manager of my local gamestop, and he's said the cancelings are a really big problem - which is really no surprise to any of the people that frequent these forums - and that was why they're open to LE-preorders again.

I'm still walking that line before canceling. If I'm going to be spending that money for the map packs, don't care about helmets, and really want to get my hands on that data pack stuff - it just makes sense.
The only thing i've been REALLY disappointed by is the streaming (vs download/physical copy) quality of the FUD content

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

The cancellings are proof of how disappointing the Halo fanbase is. Not because they don't want to spend more money on game content, but because they've deemed the LE worthless because a few stupid multiplayer features aren't exclusive. Steelbook Case, Infinity Debrief Packet, FUD Character Bios, Extended Movie-length FUD compilation before the physical release (If you seriously think Microsoft is going to allow it to be posted on Youtube you're not right in the head. How many feature-length movies can you think of that are available on youtube?) All of this brilliant lore that further delves into the universe, but people are upset because they don't get an armor or weapon skin?

I've said this time and time again and I know most people will disagree with me, but I think they need to cut the multiplayer out of Halo. Keep Co-Op and even maybe Spartan Ops/Firefight, but cut out competitive multiplayer and really focus on fleshing out a 25-30+ hour campaign. Even the Spartan Ops mode could become more in-depth if they didn't waste so much time focusing on a multiplayer mode that people will just ultimately bitch about how it's not as good as Halo 3's/Reach's.

I miss the day of Revolutionary Campaigns. Back in the era of games like Doom, Duke Nukem, and Pathways. Now it's all about multiplayer, which just serves to fuck up a series like it did with Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and Mass Effect. It's a shame that the industry is more interested in making money than crafting beautiful games... The halo universe is a masterpiece that will never be truly appreciated because too many people just want to go online and mindlessly shoot their buddies.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The halo universe is a masterpiece that will never be truly appreciated because too many people just want to go online and mindlessly shoot their buddies.
Unfortunately, I agree with this. Too many of my friends say, "Halo is pretty good, but I'm only getting it for the multiplayer. Why bother with campaign?"

They don't bother experiencing the depth of the story and to be honest, they're missing out on one of the best.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZakpak
You would be Satan not to buy Halo: MCC if you have an Xbox One.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Fuck me I'm about to write a lot of words about video games...

Quote:
The cancellings are proof of how disappointing the Halo fanbase is. Not because they don't want to spend more money on game content, but because they've deemed the LE worthless because a few stupid multiplayer features aren't exclusive. Steelbook Case, Infinity Debrief Packet, FUD Character Bios, Extended Movie-length FUD compilation before the physical release (If you seriously think Microsoft is going to allow it to be posted on Youtube you're not right in the head. How many feature-length movies can you think of that are available on youtube?) All of this brilliant lore that further delves into the universe, but people are upset because they don't get an armor or weapon skin?
Really, feeling like the LE isn't worth it anymore because it doesn't come with a few of the things previously mentioned does seem like a justifiable reason to switch to the standard edition to me. While you may find the steelbook, debrief packet and character bios to be worth it alone, I really don't. I don't love the story and lore behind Halo to the level that you do, but I do love the multiplayer and find all of the multiplayer things they throw in the special editions to be neat and along with the book, packet and bios, worth the extra money.

Quote:
I've said this time and time again and I know most people will disagree with me, but I think they need to cut the multiplayer out of Halo. Keep Co-Op and even maybe Spartan Ops/Firefight, but cut out competitive multiplayer and really focus on fleshing out a 25-30+ hour campaign. Even the Spartan Ops mode could become more in-depth if they didn't waste so much time focusing on a multiplayer mode that people will just ultimately bitch about how it's not as good as Halo 3's/Reach's.
I keep typing up different things to reply to this, but they all go off on long-winded tangents about how ridiculous this suggestion is. To summarize them all, Halo wouldn't be Halo without the MP.

Quote:
I miss the day of Revolutionary Campaigns. Back in the era of games like Doom, Duke Nukem, and Pathways.
I don't get the point you're trying to make with Doom and Duke Nukem since those games were only appealing because of their gameplay, not their compelling stories.

Quote:
Now it's all about multiplayer, which just serves to fuck up a series like it did with Assassin's Creed,
Well Brotherhood was the first game to have multiplayer in it and it is arguably the best game in the series. Revelations sucked only because they were trying to milk out Ezio's story for another game. The MP in the Assassin's Creed games is also incredibly fun and well done.

Quote:
Bioshock,
Bioshock 2 was entirely unnecessary in and of itself. They could have had a thousand people working on the game and the story still would have been garbage since the first game left almost no room for a sequel and what little it did the second game didn't even try to connect to. The MP in that game was also pretty fun, too.

Quote:
and Mass Effect.
I never played any of these, so I can't speak on it.

Quote:
It's a shame that the industry is more interested in making money than crafting beautiful games...
This point sucks. I don't know what parallel world I must live in where great single player games are still being made and even the games that have multiplayer in them are still good.

Quote:
The halo universe is a masterpiece that will never be truly appreciated because too many people just want to go online and mindlessly shoot their buddies.
And here we go. The worst point yet. Dude, you need to take video games a lot less seriously. I get that you really love Halo and all, but most people play video games as a way to kick back with their friends and just have a good time. Even then, just because someone wants to play a game to numb their mind for a bit, doesn't mean they don't appreciate the story. When my friends and I play the Halo campaigns as they come out, we don't talk over the cutscenes because we all want to hear the story.

My mind is all over the place as I'm trying to write this so sorry if it seems disjointed. My main point is to just take video games less seriously and to stop condemning people because they aren't so deep in the lore of this video game about a space marine shooting aliens.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

I think DarkReign and Gheu both have valid points. On the one hand it's completely justifiable for people to want the limited edition content that was originally announced as exclusive to remain so. These people are completely justified in cancelling preorders when they have a bait-and-switch take place. I have a feeling that if it included a physical copy of FUD or a $10 off coupon to buy FUD when it's released, not NEARLY as many preorders would have been cancelled. I really don't think people are cancelling preorders over the armor crap. That's just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

On the other hand it is disheartening for the die hards to see lack of support for the series and lore. I bought the legendary edition of Halo 3 yet am considering buying a limited edition copy just to have the steelbook for it. Worth it? To me yes, but not to most people. Then again Dark you have to realize that most people's disposable income is rather limited and forking over an extra $15 (regular + map pass is $85, LE is $100) just isn't justfiable to them if they aren't getting what they thought was originally advertised when they initially made the decision to spend the money.

I do have to agree with Gheu entirely on the MP aspect. I typically despise MP in franchises where it is added after the fact like AC, ME, and Bioshock. But Halo has been as much about MP as it has campaign from day 1. To me Halo is the ONLY game I've ever known that has struck that perfect balance 50%campaign and story, and 50% MP. Other shooters have throw-away stories that I skip cutscenes whenever possible (call of duty) or have horrendous MP but a strong story (gears). I'm not trying to dog those titles or start a fanboy war. I'm just saying that some of my most fond Xbox memories have been had in Halo's MP, and at the same time Halo's campaign has been the first and ONLY shooter that I've ever truly cared about the story and wanted to learn more outside the games.

Halo is the Unicorn for me. But I won't begrudge others for buying the SE instead of LE. At least they're still supporting the devs and hopefully ensuring my favorite series sticks around.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 10-21-2012 at 03:07 AM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

I'm not going to reply to everything you said. You had a couple valid points and I understand you're point of view on certain things but there were a couple things you said I just felt the need to reply to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I don't get the point you're trying to make with Doom and Duke Nukem since those games were only appealing because of their gameplay, not their compelling stories.
Doom and Duke Nukem may not have had compelling stories, but they were Revolutionary at the time. Not sure if that was DarkReign's intended point, but it's what I took from it.
Quote:
Well Brotherhood was the first game to have multiplayer in it and it is arguably the best game in the series. Revelations sucked only because they were trying to milk out Ezio's story for another game. The MP in the Assassin's Creed games is also incredibly fun and well done.
I'll agree with the first two sentences in this section, but I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with the last one. I found it to be frustrating and poorly thought out. Which serves to highlight the differences of opinion on things like that. I think Brotherhood was good in spite of them adding MP, and Revelations was bad (partly) because they spent way more time on the multiplayer trying (and ultimately failing) to improve it from Brotherhood, instead of focusing on a single player campaign that was worth a damn.

The above also kind of applies to Bioshock 2 as well. I agree that the game had no chance of living up to expectations. But I feel that's because people expected too much and they never even tried to do what people thought they should. I liked the game okay, but the MP felt like a CoD copy in a lot of ways. And I hate CoD *shrug*

And at this point I've forgotten what the topic was actually about so I scroll down.... Oh yeah, LE cancels. I agree with DarkReign, the physical stuff is enough of a reason for me to keep it. I'd like the two helmets from the War Pass, but I really want to Steelbook and Documents. And I can easily turn a streaming copy of FUD on Waypoint into an MP4 on my PC. BUT, I get why some folks feel it's not worth it anymore. 343i and M$ did a pretty bad job on the clear communication in a timely manner on this one.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 AM   #12
xXmyxxmastaXx

if i wanted to learn more about the halo 4 cannon then id go to the halo wiki for FREE.

If you seriously think Microsoft is going to allow it to be posted on Youtube you're not right in the head. How many feature-length movies can you think of that are available on youtube?

its called a torrent site i know of atleast 5 which im sure it will be uploaded.

I think they need to cut the multiplayer out of Halo

not ever going to happen as it has been apart of halo since day one. and multiplayer keeps the games longevity as single player gets boring after awhile

It's a shame that the industry is more interested in making money than crafting beautiful games

when the big game companies are public and have shareholders who only care about money that tends to happen

im glad those people cancelled their preorders for the le it shows that gamers are are tired of being fucked over.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #13
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
I think DarkReign and Gheu both have valid points...On the other hand it is disheartening for the die hards to see lack of support for the series and lore....To me Halo is the ONLY game I've ever known that has struck that perfect balance 50%campaign and story, and 50% MP...At least they're still supporting the devs and hopefully ensuring my favorite series sticks around.
I agree 110% with your entire post but mainly with these points quoted above. You hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #14
crazy W01f 816

crazy W01F 816's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
The cancellings are proof of how disappointing the Halo fanbase is. Not because they don't want to spend more money on game content, but because they've deemed the LE worthless because a few stupid multiplayer features aren't exclusive.
I didn't cancel my LE order because the multiplayer stuff isn't exclusive anymore, I knew everyone would get the stuff eventually to begin with. No, I canceled my LE because I feel like I've been lied to. We were told we would get certain things and it wasn't until about a month and half before launch before they clarified exactly what LE users get and it wasn't what we were told when it was announced. It's damn close to false fucking advertising, especially so with the war games pass.

Quote:
Halo wouldn't exist as we know it now had the multiplayer side of things not panned out. And 25+ hour campaign? Really? You can only be told so many times to go from point A to B and shoot the same enemies before it gets boring. Long extended campaigns do not work for the FPS genre.

Quote:
And here we go. The worst point yet. Dude, you need to take video games a lot less seriously. I get that you really love Halo and all, but most people play video games as a way to kick back with their friends and just have a good time. Even then, just because someone wants to play a game to numb their mind for a bit, doesn't mean they don't appreciate the story. When my friends and I play the Halo campaigns as they come out, we don't talk over the cutscenes because we all want to hear the story.
This really sums up my feelings on that matter, although mine has more name calling and swearing, but I figured it best to just leave that out.

All in all, 343i has never been on my good side since they took over halo reach. The more things I see them do the less I like them.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
I think this just goes to show that we all have different tastes, and we're all special people in this special world. We all like to self-indulge or invest our time into different things we call entertainment. If you haven't been following this post, I'm suggesting that we all have different viewpoints when it comes to entertainment.

Me, I have many forms of entertainment. I like music. Sublime is my favorite band. Many find Sublime to be extremely overrated. But I like them all the same. I also like Breaking Benjamin and Incubus (not so much Hoobastank) and now that I've mentioned them, I'm sure a few of you know where I'm starting to lean to.

Movies and TV shows are great. But I don't give a rat's ass about Star Wars. It's just a generic good guy vs. bad guy plot with nifty effects. I can't stand The Walking Dead, the characters in the TV SHOW are just plain stupid. When it comes to The Walking Dead, I prefer the episodic content that's currently under development by TellTale. Star Trek is decent, but I'm no junkie. My favorite TV show ever of all time is Breaking Bad, and I like to think that many of you would agree with me. The characters are very dynamic. My favorite movie franchise is Alien, and Alien greatly contributed to my love for Halo. Prometheus wins my special film of the year award, because it's not a generic good guy/bad guy plot like The Avengers, which bored me to death.

A bunch of us absolutely love food. I don't care much for food. I eat what I need to, and I'm starting to adjust my diet a bit now that I'm starting to bodybuild. When I see my favorite game franchise stamped on a bag of Doritos or a bottle of Mountain Dew, that promotion excited me a little when I see it, but I don't have a breakdown in the middle of my grocery store or whatever and try to grab everything I can. Again, I'm trying to take up bodybuilding, so I've got to keep that composition. Unfortunately, the Dew xp/ Doritos xp hasn't reached my area yet, but I'll be sure to grab a bag of Doritos and a bottle or two of Game fuel when the time comes.

I like the Halo franchise. It's one of the few forms of entertainment I like, all across the entertainment spectrum. And no, I didn't mention sports because I don't care much for sports. I LOVE swimming, back in my high school days I was on a summer swim team, a year-round team, and my high school team. But nobody cares for swimming, except when the summer Olympics rolls about, so I'll ignore sports for now.

Back to Halo. I like Halo. I've invested in the franchise in many ways, via Halo Legends, the soundtracks, the games, the books (I've forgotten to mention the books that influenced my undying love love for the franchise so I'll throw out The Divine Comedy and 2001: A Space Odyssey). Until now, I've never pre-ordered an LE, or even purchased an LE before. But this IS Halo 4, I'll enjoy it right? Maybe I'm naive when it comes to this, but I'm sticking with my LE pre-order. The beauty of the steelbook, and those little data packs are worth the extra $15 to me. I love the Halo franchise, I'm putting a bit more money into something I love, and I see a reward coming back. Maybe some of you out there don't care much for the Halo franchise, and I'm fine with that, it's not like I'm going to grab you through your monitor/tablet/phone/TV and cram Halo down your throat, forcing you to enjoy it. Halo isn't my favorite game of all time, that title belongs to The Secret of Monkey Island. But Halo is my favorite gaming franchise. My friends like it too. Even my girlfriend likes it, and she's not so big on gaming. But I play Halo not only for the lore, but for the fun I get out of it with my friends as well. I don't care if the multiplayer is cut out of Halo 5 or 6, I'd still buy it even if it only has a 25 hour campaign. It would support 4 player co-op, right? That would be a nice change of pace, instead of having a 12 year old shrieking at me saying that I suck and I shouldn't have run the flag from point A to point O to point B, even though I was avoiding enemy fire while all I saw him do (looking back in theater) was jump around and waste his clips of ammo.

Going off on a tangent here, I was subbing at an elementary school earlier last week, and during recess there was a fight going on. When I broke the kids up, one of them cut the other kid's lip. They were fighting over what was better, Halo 4 or Black Ops 2. Geez. These were 4th graders too! Unbelievable.

The Halo 4 kid cut the Black Ops 2 kid's lip, and made him cry. Tee hee.

That was a little stupid. I can't believe I just thought of that...

Anyway, I think a 25+ hour campaign would be phenomenal for Halo to have, but I would lean towards more open world exploration like ODST or Far Cry rather than a linear campaign.

Clearly, all of us have different tastes and see more things (or pay more) to get more out of something we like. It makes life more enjoyable, or bearable, to the least. Sorry if I sounded like a 5 year old, I was trying to make my point clear.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
I just gotta say, it's nice to see people having some sort of dialogue here instead of the forum being totally dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
Doom and Duke Nukem may not have had compelling stories, but they were Revolutionary at the time. Not sure if that was DarkReign's intended point, but it's what I took from it.
This was the only thing I could think he was trying to say too, but in my mind, the only thing that can really revolutionize games now, is making them more social than they currently are. It would be about bringing the community of a game together more to create things and experiences within the game that playing alone couldn't recreate.

Quote:
Which serves to highlight the differences of opinion on things like that. I think Brotherhood was good in spite of them adding MP, and Revelations was bad (partly) because they spent way more time on the multiplayer trying (and ultimately failing) to improve it from Brotherhood, instead of focusing on a single player campaign that was worth a damn.
Revelations ultimate undoing was trying to do too much in one game. They had too many stories to tie up and too many gimmicky mechanics that they just tried so hard to fit in one game.

Quote:
And I can easily turn a streaming copy of FUD on Waypoint into an MP4 on my PC.
I get that I could just make a DVD with the FUD stuff on it, but there's just something to those officially made products that makes them feel... I don't know... unique? Special? I'm not sure how to phrase it, but the best way I can put it is like comparing a third party controller to and official controller. There's just something to the feel of it that makes it seem sturdier and more legitimate. It's weird to describe, but I think some people know what I'm trying to get at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
A bunch of us absolutely love food. I don't care much for food. I eat what I need to, and I'm starting to adjust my diet a bit now that I'm starting to bodybuild.
Halo 5 forum should be the weightlifting forum now. Please give me a place to talk about this, it's my only hobby. Calling it a hobby is weird since it's a large part of my life but w/e I can't think of a better word.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Prometheus wins my special film of the year award, because it's not a generic good guy/bad guy plot like The Avengers, which bored me to death....

A bunch of us absolutely love food. I don't care much for food. I eat what I need to, and I'm starting to adjust my diet a bit now that I'm starting to bodybuild...

Until now, I've never pre-ordered an LE, or even purchased an LE before. But this IS Halo 4, I'll enjoy it right? Maybe I'm naive when it comes to this, but I'm sticking with my LE pre-order. The beauty of the steelbook, and those little data packs are worth the extra $15 to me. I love the Halo franchise, I'm putting a bit more money into something I love, and I see a reward coming back.
Just wanna agree with you on quoted statements. Prometheus was by far one of my favorite films of this summer along with Lawless. This is partially because I like thrillers and sci-fi movies more than other genres. While superhero movies and cookie-cutter ending movies are alright and have a good amount of action/happy endings, I feel that I am one of few who didn't care at all for the Avengers. In fact, I thought the Dark Knight Rises was better...

Also, goodluck on starting to bodybuild man. I've been doing it for 3 years and the results are satisfying but the work and dieting is hard. I can't remember the last time I had anything else to drink except for water or the last time I ate a bag of chips or candy.

Lastly, I'm with you on the LE. This is my first LE (not including Halo 2's steel book if that's considering a Limited Edition) that I'm ordering, due to my love for the Halo franchise. Whether it's the books, McFarlane toy series, strategy guides, or soundtracks...anything related to Halo is always a pleasure to have in my collection. Some people may not be able to justify the LE anymore due to the 'scandal' going on with it, but like I've said before, I believe that those are the people who only play Halo to hop on LIVE with some friends and play the multiplayer for a couple of hours. For people who can understand, relate to, and care about the story and characters, the LE is a perfect addition to their collection of Halo. Hell, I even went as far as to buy the Tritton Halo 4 Headset, UNSC Controller, Soundtrack, Collector's Edition Strategy Guide, LE, and even the friggen' LE Console Bundle. Call me crazy for spending about $580 on a single game, but it's probably the first time I have even spent more than $80 for a single game. Life's too short to complain about the developers 'ripping' their customers off, or arguing that 343i is doing a terrible job with the franchise. If you like something, go out and get it. Don't try to justify the price tag in your head or have other people's opinions sway your own, do what you want with your time and money.

Quote:

Last edited by BiggD; 10-21-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
I just gotta say, it's nice to see people having some sort of dialogue here instead of the forum being totally dead.
Indeed.

Quote:
Revelations ultimate undoing was trying to do too much in one game. They had too many stories to tie up and too many gimmicky mechanics that they just tried so hard to fit in one game.
I wouldn't say you're completely wrong, they did leave way too many threads hanging. But I think the bigger problem was scale. Or maybe smaller problem, since Revelations was friggin tiny compared to Brotherhood. The bombs and the hook were kind of stupid gimmicks but they didn't really take away from the game the way the lack of scope did. That and the Desmond sequences were crap and completely lacking in any of the supposed story we were led to expect.

Quote:
I get that I could just make a DVD with the FUD stuff on it, but there's just something to those officially made products that makes them feel... I don't know... unique? Special? I'm not sure how to phrase it, but the best way I can put it is like comparing a third party controller to and official controller. There's just something to the feel of it that makes it seem sturdier and more legitimate. It's weird to describe, but I think some people know what I'm trying to get at.
True, and when the Blu-Ray comes out I will be buying it. But in the meantime I'll watch it on my PC over and over without having to stream it more than once.

Quote:
Prometheus wins my special film of the year award
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Prometheus was by far one of my favorite films of this summer
And once again in the vein of differences of opinion, I think you're both nuts. I found Prometheus to be a superb waste of my time. 2 hours of my life I desperately want back. Badly written, badly acted, and completely without logic or purpose. There was only one movie this year I hated more...
Quote:
I feel that I am one of few who didn't care at all for the Avengers. In fact, I thought the Dark Knight Rises was better...
And that's the one. Not that I"m saying Avengers was Shakespeare or anything. But in terms of Comic Book movies I thought it was a hell of a lot better than any of Nolan's Batman movies at staying true to the characters. But hey, box office receipts show I'm in the minority on that opinion, so *shrug* To each their own I guess.
Quote:
anything related to Halo is always a pleasure to have in my collection.
Several of the Toys/Figures, Halo 2 Steelbook (Which does say Limited Collector's Edition on the front) Chief's Helmet from the H3 Legendary, the H3 Limited Steelbook, and the Reach Legendary statues all line my shelves. I'm running out of room, not sure where I'm gonna put this one to be honest. lol

Last edited by ReverendSID; 10-21-2012 at 09:27 PM.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #19
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
And once again in the vein of differences of opinion, I think you're both nuts. I found Prometheus to be a superb waste of my time. 2 hours of my life I desperately want back. Badly written, badly acted, and completely without logic or purpose.....

Not that I"m saying Avengers was Shakespeare or anything. But in terms of Comic Book movies I thought it was a hell of a lot better than any of Nolan's Batman movies at staying true to the characters. But hey, box office receipts show I'm in the minority on that opinion, so *shrug* To each their own I guess.

Several of the Toys/Figures, Halo 2 Steelbook (Which does say Limited Collector's Edition on the front) Chief's Helmet from the H3 Legendary, the H3 Limited Steelbook, and the Reach Legendary statues all line my shelves. I'm running out of room, not sure where I'm gonna put this one to be honest. lol
But Michael Fassbender was so good! The rest of the cast was forgettable but his android-ic behavior and mannerism left me satisfied. I do agree that the movie left more questions unanswered than answered

As for The Avengers, I can't deny that it followed the comic books extremely well, but I guess I just expected more:/ Captain is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Marvel characters and I feel that Avengers focused too much on Robert Downy Jr.'s Iron Man. Sure Downy Jr. plays him EXTREMELY well, but he stole the spotlight it seemed like. I personally cannot wait until Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

As for The Dark Knight Rises, again, I understand what you mean but I feel that Nolan didn't want to follow the comics at all. He wanted to portray his own version of the Batman and I personally felt that he did an incredible job. I absolutely HATE how people compare the movies by saying that Ledger's Joker was 2407x better then Hardy's Bane. Like com'n, they're two completely different villains. Both actors did a great job, although Hardy's voice was absolutely inaudible at times, it was still a great voice he chose.

And this brings me back to Halo. I've had to split up my collection as I've run out of room as well :/ Although I feel incomplete as I still do not have the Halo 3 Helm, my collection is going to be quite grand once I add all the Halo 4 goodies to it!

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Hishoa

I'm not complaining, but I can't help but snicker at how off-topic this has become. But I guess it can't be helped, since I imagine it'd be hard to keep conversing about GS about so many posts.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
But Michael Fassbender was so good! The rest of the cast was forgettable but his android-ic behavior and mannerism left me satisfied. I do agree that the movie left more questions unanswered than answered

As for The Dark Knight Rises, again, I understand what you mean but I feel that Nolan didn't want to follow the comics at all. He wanted to portray his own version of the Batman and I personally felt that he did an incredible job. I absolutely HATE how people compare the movies by saying that Ledger's Joker was 2407x better then Hardy's Bane. Like com'n, they're two completely different villains. Both actors did a great job, although Hardy's voice was absolutely inaudible at times, it was still a great voice he chose.
Fassbender and the visuals were definately highlights of Prometheus. The script wasn't noteworthy at all. I was really happy when I walked out of the theater that day, you don't see many films that indirectly establish a Darwinism vs. Creationism plotline. Prometheus made me think about the film up to weeks after I watched it, and I don't get that so much with modern movies. I go to the movies for inspiration, its a great place to meditate. Sometimes I see a generic "summer blockbuster" with friends just to poke fun at it. But Prometheus was different. My friends and I talked many times about the film after its release, from the eye-bleeding squid-baby scene to questioning life in general, and it was something new to talk about other than having a friend constantly lament how he will be Tony Stark 20 years from now. I like to come up with my own answers to a film, and Prometheus let me do just that. The film wasn't overly-ridden with plot holes as people make it out to be. It's surely worth a second viewing if you still think of it that way. You just might catch something you didn't before. You could imagine how dissapointed I was when a sequel was announced. It doesn't need one. That just goes to show that people get what they want if they whine enough. Ridley Scott doesn't strike me as the type of person that wants to whore out his movies to make money. Maybe Prometheus was one of those rare movies that people didn't understand, because they rejected the ideas it presented.

I didn't want to bring up TDKR, since I am a bit of a Batman fan, but I must admit, TDKR wasn't up to snuff. In fact, Batman Begins was my favorite out of Nolan's trilogy. For now, let's just not try to point out Adam West, or the Batman and Robin film, where Arnie played Mr. Freeze, and Bane was a ripoff of the Hulk...

In regards to my initiation of bodybuilding, I started about a week ago, when I expressed interest to a friend who works at my local Gold's Gym. He let me try out the facility (for free!) for a good 3 hours. It's addicting. Like when I played my first multiplayer match in Halo 2, and I wanted to keep going, and going... I plan on getting a membership ASAP.
What worries me is that I've been a vegetarian since January 1st, 2012. It makes cooking easier for my girlfriend too, since she's a vegetarian. I never ate much meat to begin with, so I don't really care. I get my protein mainly from milk, cheesesticks, yogurt, and protein shakes, but is that safe? I felt fine after my workout at Gold's. I remember I maxed out at 215 lbs for squats, and about 205 lbs on the benchpress. I guess that's not too bad for a person who's never lifted weights before?

All in all, I'm still having fun. The Spartan II program always inspired me to start, but I never bothered. Then this video came along:

And I was like...WOW.

Then over the summer, Tom Hardy's Bane just blew me away. I mean, just look at his body! Suitable, and very intimidating.

And Prometheus, where all the engineers have 10 packs!

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 10-21-2012 at 11:58 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #22
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Fassbender and the visuals were definately highlights of Prometheus. The script wasn't noteworthy at all. Sometimes I see a generic "summer blockbuster" with friends just to poke fun at it. But Prometheus was different. I like to come up with my own answers to a film, and Prometheus let me do just that. Maybe Prometheus was one of those rare movies that people didn't understand, because they rejected the ideas it presented.

In regards to my initiation of bodybuilding, I started about a week ago...It's addicting. What worries me is that I've been a vegetarian since January 1st, 2012. It makes cooking easier...never ate much meat to begin with...I get my protein mainly from milk, cheesesticks, yogurt, and protein shakes, but is that safe? I remember I maxed out at 215 lbs for squats, and about 205 lbs on the benchpress. I guess that's not too bad for a person who's never lifted weights before?

All in all, I'm still having fun. The Spartan II program always inspired me to start, but I never bothered....Then over the summer, Tom Hardy's Bane just blew me away. I mean, just look at his body! Suitable, and very intimidating...And Prometheus, where all the engineers have 10 packs!
First paragraph...200% agreed upon. I couldn't put it into words any better.

As for being a vegetarian, it's not 'bad' so to say, to be one while trying to build a great body. Personally however, I've always found that natural sources of protein, such as nuts, chicken, steak, beef, bison (my favorite and one of the best) broccoli, sweet potatoes & spinach to be the best for building muscle. Don't rely on supplements to help fill your protein intake, they should supplement your diet, not be the main source of calories/protein. I wouldn't overdue it on the dairy products as well, as it will lead to too much calcium in the body and high fat intake.

Snack wise, yogurts, nuts, fruits, veggies (raw or steamed) are perfect. Try to stay away from packaged snacks like cookies, chips, candy...anything of that sort. It was hard at first for me to elimiate these foods from my diet but after 6 months, I felt healthier and looked extremely lean.

As for actual meals, try incorporating sweet potatoes, avocado, brown rice and spinach into your lunch and dinners. It's a shame you've strayed away from meat, but don't worry, it won't delay or eliminate muscle gains. The protein in meat only of course, speeds up the progress. OH! and I'm not sure if vegetarians don't eat fish, but fish is extremely necessary in a bodybuilding diet, healthy fats, low carbs and high protein (in moderation of course)

215 for Squats and 205 for Benchpress is pretty good to start out with man. I remember when I began working out I could barely do squat 145 for 8. Now I can do 225 for 20 (high reps for legs is a must) and I work with 185 or 225 with benching, as I never have a spotter so I don't want rep anything higher than 225. Just train smart, not hard.

Tom Hardy tried claiming in an interview that he got massive for TDKR by eating pizza and chocolate (basically, dirty bulking) which I call bullshit. He had to have taken steroids. He gained 60lbs in 5 months. But his figure in TDKR was incredibly intimidating, his back is massive! Similarly, the Engineers in Prometheus are just sculpted like gods. I didn't care too much for their abs, their traps and shoulders blew me away

Lastly, after reading The Fall of Reach many years back, all the training and augmenting (spelling?) the children went through at such a young age really inspired me (nerdy, I know) to train to be the strongest version of myself possible. I am certainly not the biggest guy in the gym, but as long as I can workout as a hobby, and feel good about my health and body, that's all I care about.

Sorry for such a lengthly response

Quote:

Last edited by BiggD; 10-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #23
Bloodrune

Bloodrune's Gamercard
Quote:

Tom Hardy tried claiming in an interview that he got massive for TDKR by eating pizza and chocolate (basically, dirty bulking) which I call bullshit. He had to have taken steroids. He gained 60lbs in 5 months. But his figure in TDKR was incredibly intimidating, his back is massive! Similarly, the Engineers in Prometheus are just sculpted like gods. I didn't care too much for their abs, their traps and shoulders blew me away

Lastly, after reading The Fall of Reach many years back, all the training and augmenting (spelling?) the children went through at such a young age really inspired me (nerdy, I know) to train to be the strongest version of myself possible. I am certainly not the biggest guy in the gym, but as long as I can workout as a hobby, and feel good about my health and body, that's all I care about.

Sorry for such a lengthly response
Hardy wore prosthetic muscles during TDKR. Google it.
Bloodrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #24
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
As for The Avengers, I can't deny that it followed the comic books extremely well, but I guess I just expected more:/ Captain is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Marvel characters and I feel that Avengers focused too much on Robert Downy Jr.'s Iron Man. Sure Downy Jr. plays him EXTREMELY well, but he stole the spotlight it seemed like. I personally cannot wait until Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
I can see that, for a group movie there was just a little too much Iron Man. Chris Evans has done a much better job with Cap than I expected him to do to be honest. And the movie could have done with a little more focus on him in a few places. I felt they focuses a little too much on Clint Barton as well. But I get why they did it. In the comics he was never as well defined a character as the big 3 (Cap, Stark and Thor) So it made him a good fulcrum for the movie, a character they could take a little more liberty with and not piss off the hardcore fans. Definitely looking forward to Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier though.

Quote:
No, you're right. Nolan pretty much intentionally ignored large portions of the comic lore to do his own vision. And as a fanboy, that pisses me off a bit. It also makes me extremely uneasy about his involvement with the next Superman movie. As for Ledger and Hardy, no comments at all about their performances, but as written I despised both characters. Mainly because I didn't see the actual characters in them. Joker was written more like Scarecrow than Joker, and I don't know what the hell Bane was, but he wasn't the Bane from the comics by a long shot.

Quote:
The film wasn't overly-ridden with plot holes as people make it out to be. It's surely worth a second viewing if you still think of it that way.
I wouldn't have described it as full of plot holes. There were a couple, but mainly I just felt it failed to make cogent connections to certain things. It came close to answering many questions but kept stopping just short. Honestly though, my biggest problems were the characters. Characters present JUST to die, adding absolutely nothing to the story. The chick who vanishes for like half the movie for no reason, the crew of the ship that doesn't know jack about each other? I'm sorry, a ship like that on a mission like that, they wouldn't throw a bunch of random people together as the crew. Bring in specialists for the mission, sure. But there would be a crew that knew each other and had worked together.

Quote:
I didn't want to bring up TDKR, since I am a bit of a Batman fan, but I must admit, TDKR wasn't up to snuff. In fact, Batman Begins was my favorite out of Nolan's trilogy. For now, let's just not try to point out Adam West, or the Batman and Robin film, where Arnie played Mr. Freeze, and Bane was a ripoff of the Hulk...
Begins was okay, and yes the best of the 3, but I still can't say I liked it. As for Adam West and Batman and Robin... yeah they were campy as hell. I mean Batman and Robin was practically an homage to the Adam West series... they even had the Bam and Pow bubbles in a fight scene. It was disgraceful.

....I have no way to tie this back to Halo at this point so I'm just gonna stop.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #25
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrune View Post
Hardy wore prosthetic muscles during TDKR. Google it.
Didn't find anything on that. I 100% believe it as steroids so even if I am presented with information saying it was a bodysuit, I don't believe it. I have enough close friends/family who have experimented with steroids and I know what they do from first hand, and that Tom Hardy had to have taken them. Look at his physique in Warrior. He has those good genetics to lose/gain weight easily.

Quote:
Chris Evans has done a much better job with Cap than I expected him to do to be honest. And the movie could have done with a little more focus on him in a few places. I felt they focuses a little too much on Clint Barton as well. Definitely looking forward to Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier though.

No, you're right. Nolan pretty much intentionally ignored large portions of the comic lore to do his own vision. And as a fanboy, that pisses me off a bit. It also makes me extremely uneasy about his involvement with the next Superman movie. As for Ledger and Hardy, no comments at all about their performances, but as written I despised both characters.

....I have no way to tie this back to Halo at this point so I'm just gonna stop.
Evans portrays the Capt. perfectly if I may add as well. As for Hawkeye, I didn't like how he was under Loki's control for 2/3 of the movie. Wish they Renner was able to do more as 'good guy Hawkeye.'

Coming from someone who isn't completely involved with the comics, only a little bit, I understand your disliking for each character. However, may we agree upon the fact that Ledger's performance was great? At times, I actually forgot the the man beneath the face paint was a sweet & humble man. He made me believe he was actually crazy. That screams good acting right there; when the actor has made you believe their character is real. Kinda like Guy Pearce's portrayal of Charlie Rakes in Lawless (sorry to bring it up again, I just loved that movie).

LOL! love the way you end your post

Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #26
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
However, may we agree upon the fact that Ledger's performance was great?

Kinda like Guy Pearce's portrayal of Charlie Rakes in Lawless (sorry to bring it up again, I just loved that movie).

LOL! love the way you end your post
Bearing in mind that I never really liked Ledger as an actor before that movie (didn't dislike him, was just... blah indifferent), I will say it was the best performance I ever saw out of him. I just didn't like the way the character was written. He performed what he was given very well, I just don't think he was given the Joker.

I might have to check out this Lawless you keep talking about.

And I still have no way of tying this back to Halo. We are far afield at this point. rofl.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #27
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
In regards to my initiation of bodybuilding, I started about a week ago, when I expressed interest to a friend who works at my local Gold's Gym. He let me try out the facility (for free!) for a good 3 hours. It's addicting. Like when I played my first multiplayer match in Halo 2, and I wanted to keep going, and going... I plan on getting a membership ASAP.
One thing I will say, as a person who has been training on and off (mostly off) for the past 4 years, just try to take everything at an easy pace. I'm one of those people who gets interested in a thing and throws myself into it 110%, but then I get caught up in all the little details and I lose sight of the big picture. For lifting, I was would get caught up in supplements and trying to make sure my calories were right down to the tens digit and all that little shit that really doesn't matter when you first start. Then I would just be like, welp if I'm not doing everything perfect I may as well give up. It was only this year when I started just as a way to be more active that I actually stuck with it.

I don't know if you're like that, but it's advice I've given to people and seen it hold true for every one of them. Once you get hooked it becomes a drug. If I miss a day training, I just feel awful and fat.

Quote:
What worries me is that I've been a vegetarian since January 1st, 2012. It makes cooking easier for my girlfriend too, since she's a vegetarian. I never ate much meat to begin with, so I don't really care. I get my protein mainly from milk, cheesesticks, yogurt, and protein shakes, but is that safe?
Like the other guy said, being a vegetarian and lifting weights aren't mutually exclusive at all. Just make sure you get that protein in you after a workout.

Quote:
I felt fine after my workout at Gold's. I remember I maxed out at 215 lbs for squats, and about 205 lbs on the benchpress. I guess that's not too bad for a person who's never lifted weights before?
The other dude didn't have much of a reaction to this, but a starting 205 single rep max bench is very, very impressive and the squat is just very impressive. I don't know your weight and height, but when I started, my SRM was only 155 for bench and a truly manly 135 for squat and I'm 6'4" and at that time I was like 280ish. I blame my bad squat on no one telling me my form was shit and it would hurt my knees to do it.

Quote:
Then over the summer, Tom Hardy's Bane just blew me away. I mean, just look at his body! Suitable, and very intimidating.
Tom Hardy has the best traps.

Quote:
(high reps for legs is a must)
I prefer low reps with high weight for everything. 5-8 reps 4 life man.

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 10-22-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 AM   #28
BiggD
21 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Bearing in mind that I never really liked Ledger as an actor before that movie (didn't dislike him, was just... blah indifferent), I will say it was the best performance I ever saw out of him. I just didn't like the way the character was written. He performed what he was given very well, I just don't think he was given the Joker.

I might have to check out this Lawless you keep talking about.

And I still have no way of tying this back to Halo. We are far afield at this point. rofl.
Valid reasoning, I know what you mean. Definitely check it out when it comes to DVD, it was released the last week of August so it may be awhile, but I surely enjoyed it! And there's already far too many Halo specializations/LE threads, let this topic continue to stray from the subject and be random

Quote:
If I miss a day training, I just feel awful and fat.

The other dude didn't have much of a reaction to this, but a starting 205 single rep max bench is very, very impressive and the squat is just very impressive. I don't know your weight and height, but when I started, my SRM was only 155 for bench and a truly manly 135 for squat and I'm 6'4" and at that time I was like 280ish.

Tom Hardy has the best traps.

I prefer low reps with high weight for everything. 5-8 reps 4 life man.
I am pleased to hear that I'm not the only one that feels like a complete fat-ass and failure if I miss a day of training, lol. I guess I didn't have much of a reaction because I didn't want to sound too optimistic nor too pessimistic since I don't know his weight/height.

As for Hardy's traps, I'm jealous. Seeing him in Warrior made me want to go to the gym and shrug like 600lbs for an hour straight.

Low reps, heavy weight ain't bad at all. I used to train like that last year for strength but this year I'm doing more moderate-to-heavy weight for 8-15reps upper, 20-30reps lower. To each his own man, keep making that progress. It pleases me to see a fellow gym addict share a love for Halo as well.

Quote:

Last edited by BiggD; 10-22-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #29
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
As for Hardy's traps, I'm jealous. Seeing him in Warrior made me want to go to the gym and shrug like 600lbs for an hour straight.
It really sucks that getting any sort of nice trap or shoulder development takes forever. Pretty much seeing any development when you go from fat > fit rather than skinny > fit is hard to see though. It makes me mad when I see skinny people doing endless cardio and no lifting. I wish I was skinny when I started. Eating all the food you want and doing no cardio while lifting sounds like what heaven should be.

Quote:
Low reps, heavy weight ain't bad at all. I used to train like that last year for strength but this year I'm doing more moderate-to-heavy weight for 8-15reps upper, 20-30reps lower. To each his own man, keep making that progress. It pleases me to see a fellow gym addict share a love for Halo as well.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #30
xXmyxxmastaXx

jesus this thread turned into a testosterone fest