Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Best Boss To Farm For Legends?

Seriously, this is getting really annoying. I can kill any boss within like three seconds due to the Bee and the Conference Call, but no matter how many times I kill the Warrior, Saturn, Terra or anything else, they only drop like three purples that are never better than what I already have.

I'm level 50, in TVH mode, is there anything I'm doing wrong? I can go equip my Vault Hunter Relic but I doubt it would do much...

What's the best place to farm for Legendary equips, or just good equips in general? The Warrior? Terra?

I've killed these bosses more times than I can count now, and they've almost always dropped crap.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Warrior
BNK-3R
Terramorphous

Those are the top 3 to fight but every mini-boss also drops legandaries. Also the Vault Hunter Relic seems to be bugged by some reports and doesn't actually do anything.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
roneraven

R1Raven 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
Seriously, this is getting really annoying. I can kill any boss within like three seconds due to the Bee and the Conference Call, but no matter how many times I kill the Warrior, Saturn, Terra or anything else, they only drop like three purples that are never better than what I already have.

I'm level 50, in TVH mode, is there anything I'm doing wrong? I can go equip my Vault Hunter Relic but I doubt it would do much...

What's the best place to farm for Legendary equips, or just good equips in general? The Warrior? Terra?

I've killed these bosses more times than I can count now, and they've almost always dropped crap.
My buddy and I have killed a bunch of bosses as well and they only drop maybe 1 or 2 purples for us. Haven't even seen an orange drop yet so congrats on the bee and conference call.

If you wouldn't mind duping them for me hit me up lol

Otherwise I feel ya

Remember, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b%tch slap that mother @#?!&! upside the head!!!

Road Rash is trying to make a comeback!! http://kck.st/ZqArV6
roneraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
The Warrior
BNK-3R
Terramorphous

Those are the top 3 to fight but every mini-boss also drops legandaries. Also the Vault Hunter Relic seems to be bugged by some reports and doesn't actually do anything.
Totally forgot about the BNK-3R, does a specific enemy drop the Legendary Mods or is it everything? Because that's really the only thing I'm looking for atm.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
Totally forgot about the BNK-3R, does a specific enemy drop the Legendary Mods or is it everything? Because that's really the only thing I'm looking for atm.
Terramorphous drops the Slayer mods and the Varkid drops the Legendary _____ Class Mod.

You can get a legendary item from any boss (You can get a Bee Shield from BNK-3R) it is just bosses have a much higher chance of dropping weapons specific to them.

Here is the loot list.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Terramorphous drops the Slayer mods and the Varkid drops the Legendary _____ Class Mod.

You can get a legendary item from any boss (You can get a Bee Shield from BNK-3R) it is just bosses have a much higher chance of dropping weapons specific to them.

Here is the loot list.
Thanks, that's extremely helpful.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Here is the loot list.
Nice list sir, too bad I have none of this stuff.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
So do the legendary class mods only drop from the one boss? And I've see a video of people fighting him. But how do you get him to spawn?

I finally got my first legendary drop off tumba in the wild life preserve that shotgun. I'm on my secnond playthrough so it's only i think a level 45 but still pretty decent. I like when you reload it locks on to a target and shoots in mid air.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post
So do the legendary class mods only drop from the one boss? And I've see a video of people fighting him. But how do you get him to spawn?

Slayer - Terramorphous
Legendary - Verminous

However you can get legendaries anywhere from anyone. You just get a higher chance getting it from specific bosses.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Achievemental

VoxCalibre's Gamercard
I got about 5 oranges on my first playthrough. Just used the vault hunter relic n got lucky I guess

Add me on Live if ya feel like it. I'll accept.

Currently working on: The larger tourneys in Borderlands
Achievemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #11
GbHaseo

GBHaseo's Gamercard
Nice list thanks! I'm about 3/4ths of the way through my 1st playthrough with all 4 characters, and still haven't found a single orange. This should help!
GbHaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #12
UltimateAuron32

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
Quote:

Here is the loot list.
thank you VERY much! this is incredibly helpful, let the farming begin!!

Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #13
Lukedawg

iFL4WLESS ii's Gamercard
Quote:
Slayer - Terramorphous
Legendary - Verminous

However you can get legendaries anywhere from anyone. You just get a higher chance getting it from specific bosses.
I have fought Vermiverous a bunch of times and he's always dropped shitty stuff... I didn't even know about the legendary class mods until a few days ago, what do they do? anything special, or are they just as shitty as the slayer mods....
Lukedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #14
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Quote:

Here is the loot list.
I have a question about this list, hope it's ok asking in this thread, ok I have went thru this list and went back and fought some of these guys over & over, they have not yet once dropped a legendary weapon, so my question is: Do I have a chance of finding these weapons on my 1st play thru or better on my 2nd? Does it matter what level I am? (I'm a 26 Gunzerker) Do these bosses level ever go up? because so far the have stayed the same. Thanks
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #15
Leone Phelps

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
I have a question about this list, hope it's ok asking in this thread, ok I have went thru this list and went back and fought some of these guys over & over, they have not yet once dropped a legendary weapon, so my question is: Do I have a chance of finding these weapons on my 1st play thru or better on my 2nd? Does it matter what level I am? (I'm a 26 Gunzerker) Do these bosses level ever go up? because so far the have stayed the same. Thanks
In playthrough 2 they'll be a higher level and after you finish playthrough 2 you'll be on what is referred to as playthrough 2.5 where every person and quest is scaled up to your level 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #16
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
Loot chance is random. It could be your first kill or you may never get it. Bosses will go up to level 52 once you have beaten TVHM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #17
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukedawg View Post
I have fought Vermiverous a bunch of times and he's always dropped shitty stuff... I didn't even know about the legendary class mods until a few days ago, what do they do? anything special, or are they just as shitty as the slayer mods....
The legendary class mods add 5 points to all tier one skills in each tree. But you have to have at least one point in the skill for you to get those points. And then some other perks.

I know for the commando it reduces cooldown by 30% or so i think and add 5 points to tier one skills. So it's pretty decent IMO. I would love the legendary class my for my commando. Would be pretty epic.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I play the Siren and from what I've seen, the Legendary Class Mod is much, much, better than the Terra Class Mod. I believe it gives you a damage bonus (SMG?) whereas Terra only gives you a bonus to fire elemental effects.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Thanks for the quick answers & response. I appreciate it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #20
laeth66

Lipsofdeceit66's Gamercard
I wish the Invincible Varkid was easier to spawn. :\
laeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #21
Dawgmuffin

Dawgmuffin's Gamercard
I'm trying to farm BNK-3R, and on just about every other run, my xbox freezes when he's at 1-3% health :/ Apparently it's already been posted on the gearbox forums, so hopefully they can fix it soon...

Edit: Grrrrrr... Ever since I beat TVHM, out of my seven BNK-3R runs, the game froze four times :/ Doesn't help that every attempt takes like ten minutes This should be obvious at this point, but I'm gunna go ahead and farm the other bosses until he's fixed...
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."

Last edited by Dawgmuffin; 10-01-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Dawgmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #22
Lukedawg

iFL4WLESS ii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmuffin View Post
I'm trying to farm BNK-3R, and on just about every other run, my xbox freezes when he's at 1-3% health :/ Apparently it's already been posted on the gearbox forums, so hopefully they can fix it soon...

Edit: Grrrrrr... Ever since I beat TVHM, out of my seven BNK-3R runs, the game froze four times :/ Doesn't help that every attempt takes like ten minutes This should be obvious at this point, but I'm gunna go ahead and farm the other bosses until he's fixed...
Everytime I fight BNK-3R all my guns do regular damage except when I shoot him with any jakobs revolver and tap the trigger as fast as I can he instantly dies.... He's lvl 52, I'm not using bee shield or anything it's weird and I can't explain it....
Lukedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #23
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have been farming The Warrior for exp the past couple days and I have yet to find an Orange weapon. Do you have to be on TVHM to get Legendary weapons?
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Thanks for answering my question guys I appreciate it. I did finally get the "Black Hole" shield today, I will keep plugging on. Thanks again
Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #25
Rixiden

rixiden's Gamercard
I noticed on that loot list you have unknown next to the fire bee grenade. i think its a random vending item because I bought it on the deal of the day a while back when i was like level 15. the item was level 9, but was so damn powerful i didnt replace it until well into my 20's and truthfully still didnt even need to replace it. the zone i bought it in was the frost valley whatever where you meet lilith.

damn thing maxed out my "grenade kills with AoE grenades" challenge in like a couple days. wish i could get it again but higher level. oh well, makes for a great twink item for my low chars!
Rixiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #26
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post

I finally got my first legendary drop off tumba in the wild life preserve that shotgun. I'm on my secnond playthrough so it's only i think a level 45 but still pretty decent. I like when you reload it locks on to a target and shoots in mid air.
Do you remember what level the shotgun was ? I have been trying to get this for ever, I just hit 44 and have been Farming Tumba for over a day now with no luck.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #27
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I have found the following bosses to have the best loot, but generally any boss in game is going to have good loot.

The Warrior
Terramorphous
BNK3R

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
I just finished TVHM yesterday and am ready to start farming for legendaries, but my weapons are still pretty weak. Is every legendary weapon in Bahroo3's loot list posted above worth using? I won't be able to survive consistently against BNK3R or the Warrior solo with my current weapons, so I'm thinking about farming the bosses that have lower health/less risk and gradually building up legendaries that will in turn help me farm for the typical bee/conference call combo.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #29
loganm223

PanicGull's Gamercard
if someone wants to farm legends with me Gt: PanicGull

loganm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote: