PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
wmattlowe

zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz's Gamercard
Exclamation Does a MOD w/skill point stack on maxed skills?!?!

Not sure if that makes sense, but im wondering if i have a mod and say it has +2 skill point in whatever skill. If i already have 5 in that skill will it increase its percentage/power? I know it shows 7/5 but the stats dont appear to have adjusted at all. Basically wanting to know if this is wasting skill points? Thanks for any and all help guys!

Matthew
wmattlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmattlowe View Post
Not sure if that makes sense, but im wondering if i have a mod and say it has +2 skill point in whatever skill. If i already have 5 in that skill will it increase its percentage/power? I know it shows 7/5 but the stats dont appear to have adjusted at all. Basically wanting to know if this is wasting skill points? Thanks for any and all help guys!

Matthew
I've not had an issue with it not showing up. It's not wasting skill points, you do get bonuses if your skills are for example 9/5
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
wmattlowe

thanks for the quick reply. I do see in the skill box that it is 7/5 or 8/5 so i see it adding in that respect but the percentages in descriptions dont change so i couldnt tell if it was pointless to put more in them or keep them all at 5/5, sorry if im not explaing my self well =/
Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmattlowe View Post
thanks for the quick reply. I do see in the skill box that it is 7/5 or 8/5 so i see it adding in that respect but the percentages in descriptions dont change so i couldnt tell if it was pointless to put more in them or keep them all at 5/5, sorry if im not explaing my self well =/
No problem, I totally get what you're saying. I have a mod that increases my reload speed/turret duration/weapon swap speed and when I equip it I definitely notice a change in those skills beyond the 5/5 so it does definitely give you the bonus, perhaps its an error on the developers end if the info is not properly being displayed.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
wmattlowe

sounds good to me appreciate the info! I agree it wouldve been a little more clear if the stats visually showed an increase to them on that page
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Zymesh

Zymesh's Gamercard
looks like anything on excess to the 5 skill wont increase it same as per what the per level increase is. it scales down the higher the excess is. example a stat will increase 5% per level. after 25% increase anything above it will be +4% or something lower. thats what i see on my level 8 perk.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Zymesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had a mod that added +2 to Killer on my Assassin and I decided to sell it because I found something better. As far as I could tell it didn't give me my skill points back. Kind of shitty.
Next Up: Sherlock Holmes

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote