PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
d32

Anybody know how long this month's playoffs is going to last? Especially given the fact that EA fucked up the first day of the playoffs.
d32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #32
II IGIBSON II

II IGIBSON II's Gamercard
I have right now 1 game under my belt. Im still needing to win 3 games as of now. If anyone is willing to give me their 3 wins I will give a couple things in return. Firstly, I will give you 10,000 EA pucks for helping out. I will also give you the complete set achievement. Lastly, I could boost your rank up so you could qualify next month. Let me know if you guys are interested at all. The help would be greatly appreciated and in return I will help you out as well.
II IGIBSON II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
Right now is peak traffic and the worst possible time to try and boost. 3:30am - 7am EST is the best time, and even a couple hours after that would probably still be good.
Are you 100% sure that you both have to be in the amateur playoffs to match up? Last year I searched online tourneys and matched up with people that were in the playoffs.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #34
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
Are you 100% sure that you both have to be in the amateur playoffs to match up? Last year I searched online tourneys and matched up with people that were in the playoffs.
They changed it this year so that you only match up with people in the same tournament as you. I read in on the EA forums and every match I played in the Pro Playoffs tournament was against someone that beat amateur.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #35
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
This is complete bullshit...

Listen to this:

I was in the final game of the amateur playoffs... winning 4-0 about midway through the 2nd period. And this guy is not even close to being good... He scores 3 goals in like a 5 min span, I pause to change goalies and call a timeout. When I hit timeout the game freezes, but my console is still running I sent the guy a message to see if he got a win for it. He said he did...I had no choice to turn off my xbox to get back into it. I got back in HUT and it says I didn't finish the game...

WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT MAN... I should of won it to begin with if it wasn't for that garbage OT loss to a guy whom I stomped 6-1 the following game to win the amateur playoffs...

I am at a fucking boiling point with this buggy ass game.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #36
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Im trying different ways, star system to salary overall, againts my cuzin, doing the 3-2-1-go, but we keep backing in and out after that 1 count down to see and find each other until we do, its funny You can find the RANDOM so many times, than a friend trying to find each other backing in and out, I would play this Legit if it wasnt a GOD DAMN ach. ty in!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #37
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptbackFlame View Post
This is complete bullshit...

Listen to this:

I was in the final game of the amateur playoffs... winning 4-0 about midway through the 2nd period. And this guy is not even close to being good... He scores 3 goals in like a 5 min span, I pause to change goalies and call a timeout. When I hit timeout the game freezes, but my console is still running I sent the guy a message to see if he got a win for it. He said he did...I had no choice to turn off my xbox to get back into it. I got back in HUT and it says I didn't finish the game...

WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT MAN... I should of won it to begin with if it wasn't for that garbage OT loss to a guy whom I stomped 6-1 the following game to win the amateur playoffs...

I am at a fucking boiling point with this buggy ass game.
do you have to start from the 1st round to get the ach after that lost or still in the finals?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #38
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
from the first round...

and what a surprise next game I fucking lose to a kid who always seemed to block the pass no matter where he was...Even the ones where he wasn't even close...

Really this game is an absolute sack of shit.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #39
GLOCKGLOCK

DRUNKZ 27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
acdougla17 is right about this not being a very good time to match up. Even if you are both searching at the same time, this is the peak time that people are on playing, plus it is essentially the 1st day of the playoffs so there will be a ton of people online now. Wait a day or two or try after 3am eastern time, that is when I did most of my HUT stuff last year.

Also, I need one win in Amateur so if anyone can give me one I'd appreciate it. Willing to give you my remaining pucks (will probably have 8,000 or so after playoffs) or I have some good FIFA 12 cards. It is just one win so you will still be able to get your playoff wins done this month since you are only eliminated after 3 losses.

No blank friend requests! Please send a message with the game/achievement you want to boost!
GLOCKGLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #40
mauleriscool

Just wondering, if I throw xbox live on one of my old spare gamertags, will it be allowed in HUT playoffs that is going on now or is it too late for that?
mauleriscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #41
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleriscool View Post
Just wondering, if I throw xbox live on one of my old spare gamertags, will it be allowed in HUT playoffs that is going on now or is it too late for that?
I think you have to win 1 or 2 games with that GT and click to see if you qualified! not to sure how the HUT system works, I never evan qualified since NHL 11 was broken and never played 12 of it!

Last edited by SHMEEDIDDY; 10-04-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #42
mauleriscool

Just a warning, don't play any regular online games in HUT while your still in playoffs, just got booted from my third and last playoff chance where I had 2 wins already.
mauleriscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #43
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleriscool View Post
Won't work already tried it with my dummy.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #44
GLOCKGLOCK

DRUNKZ 27's Gamercard

Can anyone throw me one more win? Finally matched up with my 2nd account in the final, game loads and it tells me both tags dropped from the game. Luckily it didn't count as a loss for my team so I'm still in the finals, but it did count as my 3rd loss on my 2nd account...

Another person gave me a win last night and I hooked him up with some pucks so I'll do the same for anyone if they help me get this last win.

No blank friend requests! Please send a message with the game/achievement you want to boost!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
Stigga97

Finally done, want to thank Midget for trying so hard to match up with me last night, PainisGod and Mikey Mud as well. 1000/1000 and can coast on this game for eternity.
Stigga97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #46
xMidget_Furyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigga97 View Post
Finally done, want to thank Midget for trying so hard to match up with me last night, PainisGod and Mikey Mud as well. 1000/1000 and can coast on this game for eternity.
Yeah sorry it couldn't work out last night but glad you got it. To Mikey Mud and PainIsGod. I will be trying to qualify for the next few months as I personally like HUT mode and I also owe you and one other person big time

Old 10-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
Yeah sorry it couldn't work out last night but glad you got it. To Mikey Mud and PainIsGod. I will be trying to qualify for the next few months as I personally like HUT mode and I also owe you and one other person big time
I would like HUT more if it wasnt ach. type...why couldnt it be like NHL Qualify, not win one...lol
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #48
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I need to find someone to boost this with, one of my friends wont be here this weekend!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #49
xMidget_Furyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
I would like HUT more if it wasnt ach. type...why couldnt it be like NHL Qualify, not win one...lol
Yes I would prefer qualifing over winning. I would also like the qualifing one in NHL 11 to work.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #50
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Okay I'am having Issues on this playoffs, I am using my cuzin and my friend to find each other simultaneously at once, cant find each other...I unno how my buddy and I found each other yesterday and now all of a sudden cant! It has to be the morning to find ppl is all I can think of!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #51
GLOCKGLOCK

DRUNKZ 27's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHMEEDIDDY View Post
Okay I'am having Issues on this playoffs, I am using my cuzin and my friend to find each other simultaneously at once, cant find each other...I unno how my buddy and I found each other yesterday and now all of a sudden cant! It has to be the morning to find ppl is all I can think of!
Yea, I think the matchmaking is also trying to match people that are in similar stages of the tournament as well as other criteria, especially when there are a number of people searching at the same time. When I started last night at around 10 ET I found my partner the first time for each of my first 2 games. The 3rd game it took about 20 searches or so. Then when I was in the final I could not find anyone I was working with (which included 3 other people at the time). Just kept finding the same handful of people over and over for almost an hour. My 2nd account wasn't even finding the same opponents that my main was.

I had no issue at 5am though, matched up first try, was really excited to get this out of the way, until the game dropped my 2nd and screwed me over.

I'm pretty sure that when I was searching last night I did match up with Stigga97 a few times, which would make sense if he only had the final left.

Last edited by GLOCKGLOCK; 10-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #52
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
This is what I found during the EA Forums, it might work too for people boosting maybe but this what this guy found for trying to find someone for his Elite Finals and couldnt find anyone....

I take no credit to this. but it MIGHT work like I here NHL 12 did..

Since I couldn't find NO ONE after 2+ hours of searching an opponent in the Elite Division, I used the good'ol trick of using the Regular Online Game to progress in the tournament. Sure the multipliers are lower for a Regular Online Game than Elite Playoffs, but I couldn't care less, I wanted to play the Elite final. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here is how it's done:
1-> Select the tournament you want to progress-in
2-> Advance to the bracket screen, and onto the Lineup screen.
3-> When asked if you want to advance or Edit lines, select Edit Lines and back off outside the tournament screen
4-> Select Regular Online Game and play a regular game.
5-> If you win the Regular Online Game you will progress to the next round of the tournament you selected on Step 1.

What this "trick" doesn't do:
-> If you lose the Regular Online Game, YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED from the tournament too! So it's not like it's a "life saver" or anything
-> You don't get "easier" opponents. The matchmaking for Regular Online Games put you up against people about the same skill level as you.

The ONLY advantage of doing this is to FIND OPPONENTS EASIER! Thanks to this method, I've finally reached the final and since I don't know if I have to play the real tournament game (instead of the Regular Online Game method) if I want the "Elite Banner", I don't want to risk playing a regular game.

I repeat: this method will GET YOU DISQUALIFIED if you lose the regular online game and will not make it easier for you to reach the final (I had to win against #45, #50 and #70 overall to reach the final)
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #53
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Im still looking to boost this achievement. I'm willing to help others and im willing to give away all my HUT cards as I have no interest in playing HUT once im done with it.

153 completed games: 97 retail, 51 arcade
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #54
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs14 View Post
Im still looking to boost this achievement. I'm willing to help others and im willing to give away all my HUT cards as I have no interest in playing HUT once im done with it.

Send me a msg on xbox live, same name as GT
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #55
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
I just boosted my 3 games from my buddy who let me borrow his account and it worked, got the last 2 games I needed for his account, NOW need 1 more...searching with a buddy atm on xbox party! So far No luck....UGH! I cant find anyone atm but who can...hes in New Mexico though, maybe thats what I can think off... JUST NEED 1 more WIN! it was 2:30AM to 3:00AM that Got my 2 games from my buddys account I borrowed to get the 3/4 wins!

Last edited by SHMEEDIDDY; 10-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #56
Martel18

Martel18's Gamercard
I just won three straight legit. Could someone donate me a win please?!?!? Martel18.

EDIT: NVM, just played my fourth legit game and won it 5-0 against a super stacked team. Never been so pumped playing NHL.

Last edited by Martel18; 10-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Martel18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #57
xMidget_Furyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel18 View Post
I just won three straight legit. Could someone donate me a win please?!?!? Martel18.

EDIT: NVM, just played my fourth legit game and won it 5-0 against a super stacked team. Never been so pumped playing NHL.
Congrats

I got my ass kicked last night 6-0. Some of the dekes the goalie falls for is total bullshit. an NHL goaltender wouldn't fall for half of them.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #58
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Just got the Ach. playing againts my cuzin, I had to Dl his profile on my other xbox to sim it together and after 10 mins of trying, finaly found him. Happy I got this ach. Now i can play reg. It worked at 10 pm (central time for me) dont give up you guys!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #59
Martel18

Martel18's Gamercard
Hell, I just won Pro playoffs legit too and got Horton and Sedin in a pack I bought with all the pucks I won. I was going to try for elite but can't find any opponents at all.
Martel18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #60
xMidget_Furyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel18 View Post
Hell, I just won Pro playoffs legit too and got Horton and Sedin in a pack I bought with all the pucks I won. I was going to try for elite but can't find any opponents at all.
there is a work around for this. posted earlier in this thread.