PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
casper018

Is this game any fun pure singleplayer alone?

Is this game any fun for playing alone, and is it a hard game or easy to pickup??
casper018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Ciz Moloch

Ciz Moloch's Gamercard
I'm not a great fan of DoA, but it amused me for quite a bit now and I only played it singleplayer
Ciz Moloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'd hope that any game would be fun in SP, since not everyone is into MP...like me.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
playmore

HUN playmore's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper018 View Post
Is this game any fun for playing alone, and is it a hard game or easy to pickup??
To tell the truth... no, not fun. Although there are various difficulities and there is the story mode for a few laughs but playing a fighting game alone is usually no fun. Of course you need to training etc but you will be bored fast without human opponents.

The game is easy to pickup but hard to master. Basic gameplay doesn't requires deep knowledge (like in most fighters) but there is a sudden difficulity spike if you want to play seriously.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bah... its like all fighting games...at first its ok to play vs the CPU but it get boring really fast... I mean even when i was a kid and online didn't exist on consols, it was still a lot more fun to play an human opponent on mortal kombat for exemple.

Thecnically speaking there is the story mode(3-4 hours at best) and a lot of costumes to unlock in single player, so there is definately hours of play, but personally when i do an "unlock costume" run, its to use it online....

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Of course it's fun.

People hitting other people never gets old.

There is a wide range of difficulty settings so you can enjoy easy matches and gradually crank things up to as hard as you want them to be.

The Story Mode is a great tutorial and showcase for the potential actions in the game.

You can complete the story easility enough but each episode has a particular challenge which get progresssively difficult as you proceed.

However you may advance the story without completing the challenge for that episode and re-visit it anytime you like to attempt to master it.

Definately fun and I don't mind throwing money at the DLC Costumes because they brighten up an already brilliant game.

Great fun in SP or MP.

Az

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
At full price i think its way over expensive if you don't plan on fighting other peoples(either local or online) , i don't think there is enough to do even if you have to make a lot of runs to unlock the costumes...

as for the DLC costumes... WAYYYY too expensive...and i heard people who didn't bought them don't even see them online so no points at all....

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
mikeking74

mikeking74's Gamercard
It's fun and frustrating at the same time, specially if your a casually gamer. Doa5 seems easier to me than doa4. I keep coming back to it mostly because of the girls, the Doa girls are the hotest video game girls ever. And i don't think it's true about not seeing the other persons costume if you don't own it. i thought i saw a costume on an opponent that i don't own.
mikeking74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I enjoyed it for the most part offline, but it certainly wasn't as strong as the past few titles. The Campaign was designed with a more seamless storyline, but it lacked, IMO, the best part of the Dead or Alive series. The CGI videos after completing each character was always my favorite part and it always made me want to run through with all of the characters to see them.

(I also missed the traditional Aerosmith song that Itagaki liked to include in his games. The Hip-Hop music they chose to go with just doesn't fit the series as well.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #10
DRUNK0NDAFL00R

DRUNK0NDAFL00R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
yea the offline is fun the survivle is the only hard part

DRUNK0NDAFL00R is offline   Reply With Quote