Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Where to buy limited edition?

So I made the mistake of waiting for my $10 from amazon for pre-ordering RE 6 and now every site and store I've visited isn't accepting anymore pre-orders for the limited edition. The sites I've tried are,
  • amazon.com
  • target.com
  • newegg.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • microsoftstore.com
  • walmart.com
  • bestbuy.com (and store)
  • gamestop.com
Does anyone know of a site that is still accepting pre-orders? Did they still sell limited editions of halo 3/reach after it launched?

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

LE isnt that good anyway if you are getting it specifically for the in game content. 3 gamestops near me still have 10 Le's for reach, 3 legendarys, and 5 epic editions.

but Suprisingly it is sold out everywhere and it isnt woth 100 bucks. try ebay and gamestops after it comes out there is a chance there will be more.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It seems that this time they truly made Halo 4 Limited Edition truly limited in number. Seems to be 343 Industries' position while Bungie used to just lie about it.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #4
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
I just cancelled mine yesterday. Some dude in front of me had just previously been denied that preorder because they were out. I asked if I could give him mine and the employee said no. I assume he wanted it for himself.

LE is absolutely not worth it. In a few years you'll be glad you didn't waste your money.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I saw it on ebay but they want $150. I'll just get the regular edition from amazon if I can't find one. I may stop by target tomorrow and see if they have it. It says they have it in stores but when I click on it to see if the one by me does the link is broken.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
I saw it on ebay but they want $150. I'll just get the regular edition from amazon if I can't find one. I may stop by target tomorrow and see if they have it. It says they have it in stores but when I click on it to see if the one by me does the link is broken.
Since it's pretty much sold out everywhere, don't put too much effort looking around now. I'd say wait until the 2nd and 3rd day after it's released and see if there are any left that nobody claimed or picked up.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed View Post
LE is absolutely not worth it. In a few years you'll be glad you didn't waste your money.
It's worth it to some Halo fans. The Forward Unto Dawn short, and all the little digital content goodies are valuable to completionists. Plus, it's only $40 extra, it's not like the LE is $120, or $150.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
plum

Shop to. They have tones left
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
It seems that this time they truly made Halo 4 Limited Edition truly limited in number. Seems to be 343 Industries' position while Bungie used to just lie about it.
Yeah man, there definitely won't be anymore made ever again. No, sir. Holiday season coming up? Nah, they won't make more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
LE isnt that good anyway if you are getting it specifically for the in game content.
(UK wise standard is 40 LE is 60, thats only around the same price as you'll be paying for standard Halo 4 + the 3 DLC map packs later. We get weapon & armor skins, avatar items, booklets, forward onto dawn extended edition, some early unlocks for loadout modes and its all wrapped up in fancy packaging.

Yeah its not worth it
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
Shop to. They have tones left
Thats a UK based website. I need a US one. I went on and pre-ordered at amazon. I may stop by bestbuy and gamestop on release day to see if they have any extra. If they do I'll sell my regular copy on ebay.

Extremely Serious
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #12
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Yeah man, there definitely won't be anymore made ever again. No, sir. Holiday season coming up? Nah, they won't make more.
That doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever. You'd think they ramp up more Limited Edition copies just for the holidays?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #13
xXmyxxmastaXx

dont bother yourself about it go to gamestop day 1 and see if they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
(UK wise standard is 40 LE is 60, thats only around the same price as you'll be paying for standard Halo 4 + the 3 DLC map packs later. We get weapon & armor skins, avatar items, booklets, forward onto dawn extended edition, some early unlocks for loadout modes and its all wrapped up in fancy packaging.

Yeah its not worth it
-pass is missing items from the regular retail pass
-specialization is a pre order bonus overseas and you have to get to rank 50 before you can use it
-packaging and booklets that you will look at once and never read it again
-armor and weapon skin is a giant stripe down the middle, how original
-FUD will be put on youtube or i will just torrent it
so yeah its not worth it

Last edited by xXmyxxmastaXx; 10-06-2012 at 05:39 AM.
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Quote:
dont bother yourself about it go to gamestop day 1 and see if they have it.

-specialization is a pre order bonus overseas and you have to get to rank 50 before you can use it
so yeah its not worth it
Agreed. And expanding on Forward Unto Dawn: The internet doesn't lose things. You will always be able to download and watch FUD at any point you want to for your entire life. There's no reason to worry about it.

Some people are true completionists and will waste money on this to have it. That's fine. But if the OP didn't preorder it the day it was announced then he frankly doesn't care that much. He shouldn't waste his money on this - and it absolutely is a waste. It may be worth it to the clinically insane, but normal people with normal values of money will realize that some books and 8 specializations are not worth $10 (especially when you need max level to use them and they are not exclusive to the LE, nor are any of them even particularly good except the one that makes you not lose scope when you're shot).
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I would have pre-ordered the day it was available to pre-order but the cheapskate in me wanted to wait till I got the $10 off from pre-ordering RE 6.

Extremely Serious
Old 10-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

I'm totally psyched about the Limited Edition because I also love the extra lore-based goodies that are included. Those are always my favorite parts about a Halo game launch. I still frequent the Halo Wars Graphic Novel, H3's Beastarium, and Reach's Halsey Journal. I even bought a poster frame and have most of the papers and clippings from Halo: Reach hung up on my wall.

That said, a lot of the people that seem to have ordered it are either cancelling or won't be picking their copies up in exchange for a regular edition, so I would say you have a good chance of getting a LE copy 48 hours after launch. Just be persistent and hit any stores you can think of.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Oh, I will. I pass a two GameStop's, a Best Buy and Target on my way home so hopefully one of them will have it.

Extremely Serious
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
so yeah its not worth it
-all the LE pass is missing is helmet skins and an emblem (though we get our own alt variants, also theres nothing suggesting those are exclusive). Halo 4 Retail DLC pass costs 2000msp which is 17 (around 25$). So you'll save 3 (4-5$) getting the pass & game over buying the LE. Hope you spend that wisely here its a pint of beer.

-totally agree about the lack of importance on avatar items, though I love my bungie day t-shirt, plus my Anniversary pre-order master chief armor will look awesome next to my free LE cryo-tube prop (I've been getting bored of the rc falcon I got with Reach LE)

-again totally agree specialization unlocks are kinda pointless longterm, though I'm not sure how long they'll take to unlock so it could save you weeks of waiting for a spec loadout that fits you best.

-yeah same goes with birthday/christmas cards, newspapers, you only ever read those once why do people bother. In my geeky mind I'll be owning a real halo ship blueprint and weapon schematic.

-thats like saying you've 20 grey shirts in your wardrobe, no point having other colours/colors in case you might want to change apperance when your bored.

-i'm not against watching the odd tv show or whatever that way myself. But I guess it just feels nice and fair to have originals of the things you actually like (pt1 was good, but no way I'll watch FUD extended for weeks after owning the game). Plus you could use the same arguement, why bother owning the game, because that will also be on those same p2p sites.

xXmyxxmastaXx you make fair points against, but I guess when it comes down to it, its about how much you love the game. I've loved the entire Halo franchise (though maybe loves a little strong for wars). I know I'll get so much play out of 4. It makes the 60 LE cost, seem like nothing.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
f
-thats like saying you've 20 grey shirts in your wardrobe, no point having other colours/colors in case you might want to change apperance when your bored.

-i'm not against watching the odd tv show or whatever that way myself. But I guess it just feels nice and fair to have originals of the things you actually like (pt1 was good, but no way I'll watch FUD extended for weeks after owning the game). Plus you could use the same arguement, why bother owning the game, because that will also be on those same p2p sites.

xXmyxxmastaXx you make fair points against, but I guess when it comes down to it, its about how much you love the game. I've loved the entire Halo franchise (though maybe loves a little strong for wars). I know I'll get so much play out of 4. It makes the 60 LE cost, seem like nothing.
As for the shirt thing, a virtual wardrobe for an avatar you don't often see is not remotely like wearing the same thing every day in your actual life.

For a TV show, it does feel nice to have originals of things you actually like. That said, all it does is feel nice. You're not getting anything other than that feeling. As for downloading the game - you'd not be able to play it all so there you go. Furthermore, there is a moral issue there where there isn't with FUD (as it's already free).

Finally, it has literally nothing to do with how much you love the game. Not at all. How much play you get out of 4 has no relevance on whether you should spend an extra $10 on some specializations and a DVD you can own simply to own it (it serves no other purpose as the content on the dvd is more easily accessible in many other places). The specializations don't really affect gameplay at all - $10 is a waste for them. I realize $10 is not a lot of money, but in principle it is a waste unless you don't value money at all.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Downloading a xbox 360 game doesn't have things missing on it. It's the full thing just like having an actual copy.

Extremely Serious
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #21
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Weird. I just ordered the limited edition from Walmart.com 2 nights ago.. Only reason I chose Walmart is because they offered release day delivery for it..

Although, the asswipes did charge me immediately after pre ordering.. I was use to these sites not charging till they ship the game..
Old 10-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #22
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTIPPIN187 View Post
Weird. I just ordered the limited edition from Walmart.com 2 nights ago.. Only reason I chose Walmart is because they offered release day delivery for it..

Although, the asswipes did charge me immediately after pre ordering.. I was use to these sites not charging till they ship the game..
Wal Mart... that's the problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
That doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever. You'd think they ramp up more Limited Edition copies just for the holidays?
Yes, because they aren't actually limited and they make way more money on LE's than standard editions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #24
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Yes, because they aren't actually limited and they make way more money on LE's than standard editions.
we all know M$ loves $$$, i think we are all Whores for them.