PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #61
tuaya
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
100% agree with this. I actually think its great that someone has admitted spending 150 and still hasn't got the achievement. What a complete fool.

Buying the game. Fair enough. Despite its many flaws, its still the best footie game out there. But buying season tickets/packs is just rewarding EA for their incompetence.

There are numerous people on this site who moan every year, but still spend at least 75 on a game that costs 35. It beggars belief.

Like others have said, id rather have a 980gs, then give EA another penny.
*than give EA..
tuaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #62
Eggnogga
 
Eggnogga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 1,420

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^^ Seriously, tuaya... the forums don't need a(nother) pompous ass who focuses on miniscule grammar mistakes. You forgot to point out that Morbido started a sentence with the word "but."

OT: I finally got this damn achievement Sunday. I did use MS points to buy some packs, and I got Fred (81-ST). Just glad that's over with.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #63
tremberz
 
tremberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,332

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
^^ Seriously, tuaya... the forums don't need a(nother) pompous ass who focuses on miniscule grammar mistakes. You forgot to point out that Morbido started a sentence with the word "but."

OT: I finally got this damn achievement Sunday. I did use MS points to buy some packs, and I got Fred (81-ST). Just glad that's over with.
Mate, I got the 85 million achievement, sold my whole team and got 180,000 coins. I've spent nearly all of it on packs for this achievement and still haven't got it. In fact, I only have 10k left, and I'm not going to get it. Fuck EA and their shit games.
__________________


Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #64
Eggnogga
 
Eggnogga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 1,420

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^^ I, also had the 85 million achievement, sold all of my gold/silver players, got about 250,000 coins from all that. Used it to buy packs, didn't get an In-Form player out of it. I don't wanna know how many MS points I bought, but it was a pretty good chunk before I finally got the damn card.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #65
tremberz
 
tremberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,332

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
^^ I, also had the 85 million achievement, sold all of my gold/silver players, got about 250,000 coins from all that. Used it to buy packs, didn't get an In-Form player out of it. I don't wanna know how many MS points I bought, but it was a pretty good chunk before I finally got the damn card.
I don't want to spend real money on this that's the problem. EA have already got too much money out of me in the past and they don't deserve it.
__________________


Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #66
tuaya
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
^^ Seriously, tuaya... the forums don't need a(nother) pompous ass who focuses on miniscule grammar mistakes. You forgot to point out that Morbido started a sentence with the word "but."

OT: I finally got this damn achievement Sunday. I did use MS points to buy some packs, and I got Fred (81-ST). Just glad that's over with.
hahahahah 100% agree with you.
Just that I'm bored at work and found nothing better to do than to read everything in this thread.
Needless to say that I too am concern about this tedious achievement for which I was analizing the best way to approach it while spending the less amount of coins possible (using MS is out of the question).
I believe the way to go would be to wait until after Jan transfer window.
If, hopefully, once again transferred players count towards this achievement, that's our big shot at it
tuaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #67
Philip1979
 
Philip1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
Posts: 360

Philip1979's Gamercard
Thank god for that....got the achievement this evening!!!! Now to do the 25 EAC games and its the 1000g!
__________________


Message Me on Xbox Live not on HERE!
Philip1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #68
Jack101
 
Jack101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 538
Soo pissed off. Must of bought over 200 packs by now. Thought I'd get it one last shot, I sold ALL my players in "my club" sold over 200 rare and non rare gold players to get some coins for packs. Got fuck all. I don't know whats up with this game but this time last year I had already got, David Silva, Xavi, Alonse, Torres, Tevez, Pique, Terry, plus loas more in packs.. this year I've got zilch. Best player was Klose and I've bought tonnes more pack than last year. Might just give up on this game for now. OCD sucks.
__________________


(1000)
FIFA 09, Avatar, Quantum Of Solace, Skate 2, COD: WaW
, Gears of War 2, Madden NFL 09, COD:Modern Warfare 2, FIFA 12, SSX, Skyrim (1550), Far Cry 3, FIFA 13, FIFA 14, Dark Souls 2, South Park: TSOT, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Dark Souls.

Arcade:
Dash Of Destruction, 3 On 3 NHL Arcade


Jack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #69
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,713

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im waiting till February in the hope that transfer listed players count like last year.

This cheevo is so dumb. Microsoft should ban luck based cheevos.

Only got this one and play the 25 EA game day matches or whatever its called left.

Is Fifa still unplayable due to the glitch where people quit when they/you score and get the win?

Last edited by Morbido; 11-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #70
mjstokes85
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 394

mjstokes85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Im waiting till February in the hope that transfer listed players count like last year.

This cheevo is so dumb. Microsoft should ban luck based cheevos.

Only got this one and play the 25 EA game day matches or whatever its called left.

Is Fifa still unplayable due to the glitch where people quit when they/you score and get the win?
What is this transfer list glitch? And yes you very often get a loss if someone else quits.
__________________
1000
Skate | Fight Night Round 3 | FIFA 12 | NBA 2K6

200
1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #71
Sarsage
 
Sarsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 633

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstokes85 View Post
What is this transfer list glitch? And yes you very often get a loss if someone else quits.
After the January transfer window they make new cards with the players that have transferred to new teams. If you got one of those in a pack you got the achievement.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #72
mjstokes85
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 394

mjstokes85's Gamercard
Ah right that's why I got the achievement last year then without getting an IF.
__________________
1000
Skate | Fight Night Round 3 | FIFA 12 | NBA 2K6

200
1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #73
II Blocky II
 
II Blocky II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22

II Blocky II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstokes85 View Post
If I open a pack on the web app and get a TOTW player does anyone know if the achievement will pop when I load up FUT on my Xbox? Not that his has happened to me, I am just bored at work and on the web app, might open a few packs
Does anyone know the answer to this? I've literally just got an in form Kompany on the web app but don't want to send the player to the club if it's going to stop me getting the achievement! Cheers.
II Blocky II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #74
Eggnogga
 
Eggnogga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 1,420

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^^ My guess is you're out of luck, as the achievement pops as soon as the pack opens, not when you decide to place him in your club. I feel your pain.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #75
tremberz
 
tremberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,332

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Blocky II View Post
Does anyone know the answer to this? I've literally just got an in form Kompany on the web app but don't want to send the player to the club if it's going to stop me getting the achievement! Cheers.
If you get and in form player in a pack on the web app it DOESN'T unlock the achievement. It must be on the console.

Which sucks so much. Another reason why the achievement shouldn't be allowed.
__________________


Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #76
mjstokes85
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 394

mjstokes85's Gamercard
That is unlucky, I will never open a pack on the web app for this reason.
__________________
1000
Skate | Fight Night Round 3 | FIFA 12 | NBA 2K6

200
1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #77
II Blocky II
 
II Blocky II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 22

II Blocky II's Gamercard
Just to confirm I didn't get the achievement. On the plus side though at least I can sell him for more than enough coins to get the 85m club value achievement!
II Blocky II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #78
Aprosa
 
Aprosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 375
Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
This week there are 7 silver players in the TOTW... is this the best change to get it cheap??

people who advise to wait till the transferwindow cant be sure that EA didn't fix that glitch..
__________________
Gamertag : iWitness NL
Timezone : GMT+1

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #79
mjstokes85
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 394

mjstokes85's Gamercard
I might go for this silver one, it's a tough choice though.
__________________
1000
Skate | Fight Night Round 3 | FIFA 12 | NBA 2K6

200
1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #80
itsnotunusual
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
Let us know how it works out for you guys. I am quite skeptical to be honest. Problem I see is that you typically won't get any significant money back from the silver packs.
From the golden packs you can typically sell everything except for stupid shirts or something. Whereas the silver stuff just gets stuck on your piles...
But if you both get the achievement now, I might try it as well ^^ But probably I will rather wait for a week with 4 or more bronze players in the Totw.
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #81
itsnotunusual
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
If I do some crude statistics, I come to the conclusion it's not worth it to buy silver packs for getting the achievement. Don't flame me if there's any wrong assumptions, I just thought about it three minutes.

There is a total of 1300 gold players, 4600 silver and 4600 bronze players. Lets calculate the probability of getting a IF player, assuming they are drawn from the pool of their respective level. (This is the critical assumption, if the drawing works somehow differently, this calculation does not work...).

So for this week, we have 11 gold players, 7 silver and let's assume 2 bronze just for calculation purposes. You get three or four players per pack, so we pull 3/4 players out of their respective pool.

For a gold pack, the probability to get an IF player in is 1-(1289/1300)(1288/1299)(1287/1298) if you get three players. (Basically 1 minus the probability to not get an IF player).

If you do the calculations, you get the probabilities of getting IFs (left number is three players, right number is if you draw four players):
Gold 2.5% / 3.3%
Silver 0.5% / 0.6 %
Bronze 0.13% / 0.17 %

Therefore buying two silver packs gives you a significantly lower probability then buying one gold pack...

If anyone knows any more details about how the drawing works, I will gladly make a more sophisticated calculation...
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #82
US07
 
US07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 527

Usman S's Gamercard
All I know is that this achievement is a piece of shit.
__________________




US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #83
mjstokes85
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 394

mjstokes85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotunusual View Post
If I do some crude statistics, I come to the conclusion it's not worth it to buy silver packs for getting the achievement. Don't flame me if there's any wrong assumptions, I just thought about it three minutes.

There is a total of 1300 gold players, 4600 silver and 4600 bronze players. Lets calculate the probability of getting a IF player, assuming they are drawn from the pool of their respective level. (This is the critical assumption, if the drawing works somehow differently, this calculation does not work...).

So for this week, we have 11 gold players, 7 silver and let's assume 2 bronze just for calculation purposes. You get three or four players per pack, so we pull 3/4 players out of their respective pool.

For a gold pack, the probability to get an IF player in is 1-(1289/1300)(1288/1299)(1287/1298) if you get three players. (Basically 1 minus the probability to not get an IF player).

If you do the calculations, you get the probabilities of getting IFs (left number is three players, right number is if you draw four players):
Gold 2.5% / 3.3%
Silver 0.5% / 0.6 %
Bronze 0.13% / 0.17 %

Therefore buying two silver packs gives you a significantly lower probability then buying one gold pack...

If anyone knows any more details about how the drawing works, I will gladly make a more sophisticated calculation...
Some good working out there, that is something I have always wanted to know but never had the mathematical knowledge to calculate. So it's gold all the way, preferably happy hour.
__________________
1000
Skate | Fight Night Round 3 | FIFA 12 | NBA 2K6

200
1 vs 100
mjstokes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #84
itsnotunusual
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76

itsnotunusual's Gamercard
I wouldn't take these numbers too serious, since I had to make quite some assumptions on the drawing process. I simply don't know how it works exactly.
But I am quite sure that gold packs are the way to go, since the pool of silver and bronze players is four to five times the size of the gold pool.

Unfortunately I lack the data to make a calculation whether it's better to draw standard or premium gold packs...
itsnotunusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #85
josh263
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 59

josh263's Gamercard
All about luck I got it after about 100 gold packs my friend on the other hand 1st pack inform pepe
__________________
100% completed - 18

latest : sniper elite v2
josh263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #86
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,713

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotunusual View Post
If I do some crude statistics, I come to the conclusion it's not worth it to buy silver packs for getting the achievement. Don't flame me if there's any wrong assumptions, I just thought about it three minutes.

There is a total of 1300 gold players, 4600 silver and 4600 bronze players. Lets calculate the probability of getting a IF player, assuming they are drawn from the pool of their respective level. (This is the critical assumption, if the drawing works somehow differently, this calculation does not work...).

So for this week, we have 11 gold players, 7 silver and let's assume 2 bronze just for calculation purposes. You get three or four players per pack, so we pull 3/4 players out of their respective pool.

For a gold pack, the probability to get an IF player in is 1-(1289/1300)(1288/1299)(1287/1298) if you get three players. (Basically 1 minus the probability to not get an IF player).

If you do the calculations, you get the probabilities of getting IFs (left number is three players, right number is if you draw four players):
Gold 2.5% / 3.3%
Silver 0.5% / 0.6 %
Bronze 0.13% / 0.17 %

Therefore buying two silver packs gives you a significantly lower probability then buying one gold pack...

If anyone knows any more details about how the drawing works, I will gladly make a more sophisticated calculation...
Great work mate. Even if its not 100% right it shows some significant info.

I also think that the card weight of IF silvers is much lower than golds. Especially gold players under 84. Look at how many IF Popovs (74 silver) there are compared with IF Witzels (82 gold). There are tons of Witzels up, but ive never seen more than 6-7 Popovs up at one go. Its the same with bronze IFs (check out how many more Defoes there are than Grabban/Sinclair).

Id say the best week to get it. Is when there are 10+ golds with the majority being rated 75-79.

I dont know if transfered players are gonna count again this year. But I bloody hope they do.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #87
Monty111
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Preston, England
Posts: 593

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
By far the worst achievement for any game.
__________________



Monty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #88
Stephen180
 
Stephen180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 123

Stephen180's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Great work mate. Even if its not 100% right it shows some significant info.

I also think that the card weight of IF silvers is much lower than golds. Especially gold players under 84. Look at how many IF Popovs (74 silver) there are compared with IF Witzels (82 gold). There are tons of Witzels up, but ive never seen more than 6-7 Popovs up at one go. Its the same with bronze IFs (check out how many more Defoes there are than Grabban/Sinclair).

Id say the best week to get it. Is when there are 10+ golds with the majority being rated 75-79.

I dont know if transfered players are gonna count again this year. But I bloody hope they do.

the reason there are less is because less people open them packs. most of fifa open gold packs. thats why the price of certain silver players is through the roof
__________________
games 100% achievements: Fight night round 3, Assassins creed 2, FIFA 13, PDC PRO TOUR

so near: bully (1 off) top spin 2 (4off)
Stephen180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #89
Steevn0811
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14

Steevn0811's Gamercard
Since it keeps getting brought up throughout this thread. When is the transfer window? Which may or may not make this achievement easier.
Steevn0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #90
AX S16
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 76

AX S16's Gamercard
Just wanted to ask, is an IF player one with the shiny sort of black background? If so, I got one from a silver pack the other day and got no achievement.
AX S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44 AM.