Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
Dark Souls Easter Egg in Borderlands 2

Being that I just finished up the achievements in Dark Souls and have, finally, started playing my copy of Borderlands 2, I thought this was incredibly awesome.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Mr Jinxed

mr jinxed's Gamercard
Hehe yeah I found that one (with the help of youtube). Pretty cool! There's also a really funny one if you're into minecraft
Mr Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
XperimntNterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxed View Post
Hehe yeah I found that one (with the help of youtube). Pretty cool! There's also a really funny one if you're into minecraft
Yeah, I saw that one too (in the compilation being put together over in the Borderlands 2 forums). Lots of great references in that game!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I too have sat at the bonfire with "Solitaire" in BL2! So many great pop-culture and game references in that game. Way to go gearbox!
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
I haven't gotten this far in BL2, but cool Easter egg. Too bad that the commentator is a complete fucking tool.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Mr Jinxed

mr jinxed's Gamercard
Tiny Tina and Jack more than make up for any annoying characters in the game imho =)
Mr Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found this last night. It's definitely my favorite easter egg in the game. Borderlands 2 is fantastic btw. I've already put over 100 hours into it since release. I'm actually grinding out my final achievement today. I'm hoping to have the completion by the end of the night. That way I can focus on Dishonored next Tuesday. And then start on Dark Souls when the DLC finally comes out. We still don't have an exact date this month that it's coming out, do we? I really want to play it.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
XperimntNterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I found this last night. It's definitely my favorite easter egg in the game. Borderlands 2 is fantastic btw. I've already put over 100 hours into it since release. I'm actually grinding out my final achievement today. I'm hoping to have the completion by the end of the night. That way I can focus on Dishonored next Tuesday. And then start on Dark Souls when the DLC finally comes out. We still don't have an exact date this month that it's coming out, do we? I really want to play it.
Oct 23rd for NA and the 24th for EU!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/da...-24-in-europe/

This article is from mid-September, but I can't find anything that would refute the claim, so this is what I'm banking on.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimntNterror View Post
Oct 23rd for NA and the 24th for EU!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/da...-24-in-europe/

This article is from mid-September, but I can't find anything that would refute the claim, so this is what I'm banking on.
Thanks for the heads up. That gives me exactly a week to play around with the Mechromancer in BL2 before diving into Dark Souls hardcore. (Gaige is coming out on the 16th.) I just hope the new Darksiders 2 DLC, the Abyssal Forge, comes out before the Artorias of the Abyss content drops. I really don't want to have to choose between the 2 games.

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
You can still play it, Alucard. You can't access the DLC until you obtain the Lordvessel which is a good way into the game. By the time you did everything you needed to, not to mention, getting over the learning curve, the DLC will be out. Just a suggestion.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
BloodGodAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
You can still play it, Alucard. You can't access the DLC until you obtain the Lordvessel which is a good way into the game. By the time you did everything you needed to, not to mention, getting over the learning curve, the DLC will be out. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion ghost. I'd like to. But I'm getting Dishonored on Tuesday. I really don't like to split my focus by playing multiple games at the same time. In this game I have a feeling it would be a huge problem. Not only that, but I really want to wait and see all of the changes that are made. I don't want to get comfortable with a weapon set/playstyle only to have the patch make radical changes to it. I know they're changing the DWG ring. So I'm not even going to bother using it. But now I've heard that they've changed attack speeds on certain weapons. That's the kind of change that I want to adapt to right at the start. Hopefully that makes sense.

I haven't looked into all of the PC patch notes to see if this will still be a viable build or not. But right now I'm planing to start as a Pyromancer with the Master Key. I'm probably going to focus on a Strength build. I might add in some Dexterity if I decide to change from Halberds/Greatswords to katanas. Getting a Black Knight Halberd early on would be amazing. But I'm not going to bank on that super rare drop. If I get it, then I'll definitely utilize it to make some of the bosses easier on my first playthrough. As far as armor goes, I don't want to wear completely light armor. But I know I can't wear too much medium and heavy stuff with the DWGR gone. So I'm thinking a mixture of light with a few pieces of medium or heavy stuff would be ideal. If I get in trouble I could always use Havel's Ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection. Or if I decide to run a light armor build, then I'll definitely equip the Wolf's Ring for the added poise. I'm also planning on running a Green Crest Shield for the stamina regeneration it offers. I'll swap that out for an Eagle Shield when applicable.

Those are basically my ideas on how I'm going to do my first playthrough. Do those seem like good strategies? I'm open to suggestions if anything I mentioned doesn't seem like a good idea. Or if I should refocus on something else. I honestly just want to get back into it. I still kick myself for giving up on this game without giving it the time it deserves/requires. I'll not make that mistake again. lol