Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
TiptopChrisy

Send a message via MSN to TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
Failed to install disc 2 ??

I just tried to install disc 2 so I could play some online and every time I start the installation I get a pop up a few seconds into it saying it failed and to insert disc 1.
Anyone had any problems ??
I doubt that its the disc's fault as I would have got a message pop up about the disc being unreadable.
TiptopChrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
Great, more bullshit.
So I checked my hard drive and had a corrupted item, I'm guessing from the Limited Edition content I downloaded.
So I deleted the corrupted item and all the content and went to my download history and redownload the Content I removed.
Return to the main menu to find out I can't even play the campaign because apparently I don't have the downloadable content required.
Absolute joke !
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
Thats weird I would contact 343 they should be able to help you.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
I've tried installing the disc 2 again and this time it seems to be working , about 80% done where as last time it got to about 5% and stopped. Ill try disc 1 again after this has (hopefully) finished installing.
Quick question, does anyone know how to change your Spartans pose ?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
I actually don't believe this ! Lol
So disc 2 installed fine and I load up disc 1 again to find the same bullshit, that I can't play CAMPAIGN because I apparently don't the the required DLC. Now I did do the first 2 levels earlier today, shut off my Xbox, turned it on again and downloaded my L.E. content, stuck Halo 4 back in and this shit all happened.
But that's not the best bit, ohhhhhh no.
I dashboarded to check that there wasn't any more corrupted items, which there wasn't, so I loaded up Halo 4 again to find out that apparently the disc is dirty or scratched and needs cleaned.
Well I remove the disc to find out that the Halo 4 disc I've been using all day without a problem is fine and not a mark on it.
So I put it back in the tray to now find out it is an unrecognised disc with an error code.
I then went onto put Fifa 13 in just to check, and surely I get the same message of unrecognised disc.
Now you may say this is a bad coincidence, but the way I see it, Halo 4 just broke my Xbox lol (by the way I'm just kidding about Halo 4 breaking it incase anyone thinks I'm serious lol, but it's a shit time for my disc drive to start acting up right ? Lol)

Ohh I also just tried both halo 4 discs in my other Xbox (20gb brick for about 4 years ago lol) to find the discs work perfectly.

Last edited by TiptopChrisy; 11-05-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiptopChrisy View Post
I actually don't believe this ! Lol
So disc 2 installed fine and I load up disc 1 again to find the same bullshit, that I can't play CAMPAIGN because I apparently don't the the required DLC. Now I did do the first 2 levels earlier today, shut off my Xbox, turned it on again and downloaded my L.E. content, stuck Halo 4 back in and this shit all happened.
But that's not the best bit, ohhhhhh no.
I dashboarded to check that there wasn't any more corrupted items, which there wasn't, so I loaded up Halo 4 again to find out that apparently the disc is dirty or scratched and needs cleaned.
Well I remove the disc to find out that the Halo 4 disc I've been using all day with problem is fine and not a mark on it.
So I put it back in the tray to now find out it is an unrecognised disc with an error code.
I then went onto put Fifa 13 in just to check, and surely I get the same message of unrecognised disc.
Now you may say this is a bad coincidence, but the way I see it, Halo 4 just broke my Xbox lol.

Ohh I also just tried both halo 4 discs in my other Xbox (20gb brick for about 4 years ago lol) to find the discs work perfectly.
Orrrr your disc drive is failing.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
TiptopChrisy

TiptopChrisy's Gamercard
You may be right. This is the first case of any problems I've had on this console, which I've only had for coming up to a year. My first xbox lasted me 3 years before it decided to stop reading discs midway through playing them. Ill try it again later, give it a while to cool down and all that. I do have a spare Xbox to keep me occupied at the minute so if it is a disc drive failure (which is what it's looking more and more like) ill send it off to get repaired.

Last edited by TiptopChrisy; 11-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Orrrr your disc drive is failing.
I second this. Sounds like your drive or laser is done for. If it happens with other games, that's a dead giveaway. Sucks for that to happen now.