Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm hooked, can't wait for the next.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #32
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
I'm still excited for the next episode to come out (every Friday, right?).

I'm definitely watching them all as they come out, so that when I watch them all in one sitting (after unboxing the LE and playing through on Legendary) with all of the Directors Cut scenes and stuff spliced in it's a totally different experience.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #33
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Lasky's kickin ass now. Too bad about the cyro sickness though.

Also Covies............next week man
Old 10-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozero View Post
yea im in a toss up, do I want to watch each episode individually or just wait till the full version is released and watch it like a movie? decision decisions......
Personally, I'm waiting until I unbox my LE to watch it in full, that way I get a full movie-like experience!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Anyone else notice Frankie in this episode?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
Was he holding a mop or something? I couldn't tell.

The opening for episode 2 was phenomenal, we have more showings of Cortana's descent into rampancy. It makes me long to play Halo 4's campaign. Looking back, I can still remember when I first saw the "Awakening" trailer. Can't believe time flies so fast.

FuD still feels like a "high-school outcast becomes super cool" sort of thing. And the whatever it was that was flying by the academy at the end of episode 1 was never explained, yet.

Maybe the Covies will appear in episode 3. That would shake things up. A lot.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #37
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

I'm pretty sure the Covies are going to make an appearance. I remember watching some of the footage earlier on and I'm pretty sure we're to the point where the Chief is going to show up at the Academy and inspire Lasky.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #38
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
hehe yeah just watched it and spotted him, its like our very own where's wally (made me remember the joys of spotting observers in Fringe, I'm a big fan and used to love spotting them per episode its not the same this season with a universe populated with 'em)

It looked like Frankie was just a cleaner with a mop or some sort of tool, he had a different less sophisticated uniform and his name was Beamish (I'm guessing its his fave beer). Wonder if we'll get josh holmes next week as a warthog driver or something.

As for FUD its a bit teenzy isn't it, but paint ball with halo hud & radars looks heaps of fun. Keeps hinting at a real attack lets hope #3 delivers.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
As for FUD its a bit teenzy isn't it, but paint ball with halo hud & radars looks heaps of fun. Keeps hinting at a real attack lets hope #3 delivers.
Well, it is basically a High School. But it's not really paintball. If you've read Contact Harvest it's basically the same thing the Oni chick used I think, anesthetic paste with a hardening agent to numb and prevent movement.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #40
Vectorman953

Well the way that guy keeps reviewing the classified videos, you know he's going to see some covies in some of em. Probably just in time for an attack.

And the "next on" portion of video two had a whole lot of explosions and ODST like trails of smoke. Plus the extremely brief view of a probably-master-chief-sillouette.

I'm not really understanding all of this cryo-sickness stuff, so I'm probably going to do a but ire research on that before the next episode.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Vectorman953; 10-15-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
Well the way that guy keeps reviewing the classified videos, you know he's going to see some covies in some of em. Probably just in time for an attack.
Right.........about that...........
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #42
DarkReign2021
Banned User

To take a quote from MixMaker-

Holy Shit!

*SPOILERS* If you haven't watched it yet. Just got a chance to watch watch Episode 3. Vectorman, you definitely nailed that right on the head. As for the episode, seemed a bit shorter than the others, but maybe that's because this one had me completely hooked.

That being said, I think Halo just nailed down a new scene to go in my top 5 favorites scenes in the series. When they're looking up through the Tether ceiling and the ships dropped out of Slipspace. That was probably one of the most heart-wrenching moments I've ever felt in the series. With the live-action actors and the characters being so young and relatively helpless, it feels so much more real than the games ever have. Not the best scene I've seen yet, but definitely close to it.

While I still question making a movie based directly on the games themselves, I'm starting to think the Human-Covenant War being shot from the perspective of a civvie or maybe a drafted marine. I'm thinking the mystery of the Forerunner and complexity of the Covenant's existence couldn't be conveyed in a 3-hour movie, but a story of survival (perhaps encompassing the war on Earth during Halo 2 and 3) would be easily conveyed. This would allow them to cut out some of the more extensive directions the series goes in, but prevents them from attempting to rewrite and change something that would ultimately bo worse than being left excluded.

Now if we were to get a multi-episode, multi-season TV series, I would say they need to go out. Forerunner Origin, Covenant Religion, discovery of the Halo rings, everything. I really feel a TV series with a 40-minute runtime is the way to go. I can guarantee it would be the most expensive TV series ever produced, but it would probably have some of the best ratings of any series ever. I don't think it would be getting cancelled prematurely.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

QUOTE: DarkReign (not brining that wall of text)

Agreed. The best Halo movie (if this doesnt already qualify) they could do is an extra story, not the game's story. They can't shove all the events of any game into a feature length movie, they just can't. That being said if its of this production quality I'd happily see anything they try to give us.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #44
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

With a 90 minute extended cut coming, I think this does qualify as a movie. And I"m loving it so far. I'm curious to see if we're going to get a better look at any of the Covenant in the last couple parts though.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 10-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #45
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
That being said, I think Halo just nailed down a new scene to go in my top 5 favorites scenes in the series. When they're looking up through the Tether ceiling and the ships dropped out of Slipspace. That was probably one of the most heart-wrenching moments I've ever felt in the series. With the live-action actors and the characters being so young and relatively helpless, it feels so much more real than the games ever have. Not the best scene I've seen yet, but definitely close to it.

While I still question making a movie based directly on the games themselves, I'm starting to think the Human-Covenant War being shot from the perspective of a civvie or maybe a drafted marine. I'm thinking the mystery of the Forerunner and complexity of the Covenant's existence couldn't be conveyed in a 3-hour movie, but a story of survival (perhaps encompassing the war on Earth during Halo 2 and 3) would be easily conveyed. This would allow them to cut out some of the more extensive directions the series goes in, but prevents them from attempting to rewrite and change something that would ultimately bo worse than being left excluded.

Now if we were to get a multi-episode, multi-season TV series, I would say they need to go out. Forerunner Origin, Covenant Religion, discovery of the Halo rings, everything. I really feel a TV series with a 40-minute runtime is the way to go. I can guarantee it would be the most expensive TV series ever produced, but it would probably have some of the best ratings of any series ever. I don't think it would be getting cancelled prematurely.
If I could guess the other 4 of your top 5 favorite scenes of the franchise, in no particular order:

-Chief giving the Covenant back their bomb.
-Chief witnessing a large Covenant fleet, and proceeds to escape a Forerunner temple only to get blasted into the surrounding waters, where the Gravemind abducts him.
-Chief warping towards the Prophet of Truth, and barely managing to hitch a ride on the Forerunner Dreadnought.
-Johnson's Death.

And if Star Wars gets to have a live-action TV series, Halo deserves some love from fans too. I'd rather avoid a Halo movie, but I'm all for a TV series. Having short little story lines revolving around events of the franchise would be great. It wouldn't have to focus on a single main character, over the entire series or over the course of a season. A glimpse at the life of an ODST, a firefight from an Insurrectionist's point of view, Johnson's early days, the construction of the Halo rings, a documentary about the Precursors, etc., etc. A fine way to continue expanding the franchise, even after the Reclaimer trilogy comes to a close.

The third episode of Forward unto Dawn has me elated for what's to come. We finally get some official resolution of Cadman's character, and the scene with the tether was gut wrenching. But not as gut wrenching to see compared to the opening with Cortana and Chief. My God, what the blazes is Cortana up to? This is the CRAZIEST we've ever seen her become! She's morphing into some creepy Gollum-esque cretin!

On a closing statement about today's episode, 104 was such a tease. Hopefully we'll witness a booty clenching scene of Chief and 104 back to back, kicking some Covie behind next Friday.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 10-20-2012 at 12:11 AM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #46
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I'm gonna give you a 2/4 on that one. The scene with Johnson's Death and the scene with the chief boarding the Dreadnought after being forced to abandon Cortana.

As for the other two, The entire final Canyon Fight on Two Betrayals in H1 and the first time playing through Quarantine Zone in H2 when I made a huge misjudgement and discovered the hard way that flood could drive vehicles (Tanks...)

Guess they might be kinda unfair since I probably seemed like I was only referring to Cutscenes. In terms of just cutscenes and video clips, I would probably replace with the Cam Footage at the midway point on 343 Guilty Spark. First time playing the game it freaked the hell out of me (I was 11...) The other one would be the end of ODST where Johnson was forging the alliance with Vergil. The first time Huragok had a prominent role in the series and a sign of the direction the series would begin to go in. Plus Vergil/Superintendent is my favorite character in the series. Period.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #47
secretkaos187

secretkaos187's Gamercard
Quote:
To take a quote from MixMaker-

Holy Shit!

*SPOILERS* If you haven't watched it yet. Just got a chance to watch watch Episode 3. Vectorman, you definitely nailed that right on the head. As for the episode, seemed a bit shorter than the others, but maybe that's because this one had me completely hooked.

Look at Firefly and Heroes!!! I thought the cadets falling outta the tether was intense
secretkaos187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #48
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:

Plus Vergil/Superintendent is my favorite character in the series. Period.
"Keep it clean". ODST, most underrated Halo game
Old 10-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #49
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
I'm gonna give you a 2/4 on that one. The scene with Johnson's Death and the scene with the chief boarding the Dreadnought after being forced to abandon Cortana.
I am all for these 2 being in my Top 5 as well. Mine is pretty basic but just the emotion that it evokes is amazing.

1. Chief abandoning Cortana on High Charity
2. Closing cutscene of 'Pillar of Autumn,'
- Cortana: You sure you wouldn't rather take a seat?"
- Chief: "We'll be fine..." Genuine confidence in Chief's voice gave me chills.
3. Closing cutscene of 'Floodgate' when Rtas 'Vadum, Chief, Keyes, Hood, Spark and Arbiter were discussing their plans of Cortana's solution, "Did you not hear...your world is doomed."
4. Johnson's death
5. Chief finding Cortana, "Just keep your head down...there's two of us in here now, remember."

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #50
DarkReign2021
Banned User

ODST receieved so much hate, but I think the big reason it caught so much flak was the lack of a multiplayer (which is pretty pathetic when you think about it.)

I think if they'd have just marketed it as Single-player DLC for Halo 3 like they'd originally planned it would've gone over better. That would've eliminated the expectation of new features, which would've made it all the more successful because of the sandbox world, modified weapons, and various little features like the VISR (which I really want to make a comeback in the Halo franchise even if it just performs the same functions as the analyze feature in Anniversary. I loved the artistic style of VISR mode.)

Would've been pretty cool as Episodic content actually. The way the Campaign was built with the Openness of New Mombasa and the episode-like flashbacks would've lent itself better to a chapter or two being release every month. Spacing out the exploration and building the suspense of the story-based missions would've made the whole adventure more climactic.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #51
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
ODST receieved so much hate, but I think the big reason it caught so much flak was the lack of a multiplayer (which is pretty pathetic when you think about it.)

I think if they'd have just marketed it as Single-player DLC for Halo 3 like they'd originally planned it would've gone over better. That would've eliminated the expectation of new features, which would've made it all the more successful because of the sandbox world, modified weapons, and various little features like the VISR (which I really want to make a comeback in the Halo franchise even if it just performs the same functions as the analyze feature in Anniversary. I loved the artistic style of VISR mode.)

Would've been pretty cool as Episodic content actually. The way the Campaign was built with the Openness of New Mombasa and the episode-like flashbacks would've lent itself better to a chapter or two being release every month. Spacing out the exploration and building the suspense of the story-based missions would've made the whole adventure more climactic.
I didn't overly like ODST at first, due to all the walking around the New Mombasa street plan, the ammount of times I must have said to myself "hold on a minute I've been here before" got beyond a joke.

But I agree some of the levels really rocked like uplift reserve, the firefight was really good. It was fun you had to complete the campaign level to unlock the FF maps. And Martin O'Donnells noir influenced soundtrack was a gem. Plus it was released at a cut-down retail price on its initial release so couldn't really complain.

As for FUD#3 it was good, great for some real action to finally happen. I hope episode 4 features Frankie O'Connor battling an energy sword wielding elite with a mop or toilet plunger.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #52
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
But I agree some of the levels really rocked like uplift reserve, the firefight was really good. It was fun you had to complete the campaign level to unlock the FF maps. And Martin O'Donnells noir influenced soundtrack was a gem. Plus it was released at a cut-down retail price on its initial release so couldn't really complain.

As for FUD#3 it was good, great for some real action to finally happen. I hope episode 4 features Frankie O'Connor battling an energy sword wielding elite with a mop or toilet plunger.
I STILL listen to ODST soundtracks when its lightly raining outside.

And Lol, we will for sure see some Elite bad-assery next week. Or maybe watch the Chief smack a few of em down hard.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
I STILL listen to ODST soundtracks when its lightly raining outside.
I thought I was the only one who did that...it started to rain a bit in my area last week when I was driving around with my girlfriend. As soon as drops began to hit the windshield, I instinctively reached towards the ODST disc, and began to play Deference for Darkness. My girlfriend pointed out my reaction time and busted out laughing.

Man, I feel like going on a Halo binge right now. Starting out with listening to the soundtracks. I still frequently listen to both volumes of the Halo 2 soundtrack. One of the best videogame soundtacks of all time. High Charity Suite is great.

Speaking of the soundtracks, and going off topic for a bit here, has anyone pre-ordered the Halo 4 soundtrack? I've listened to some demos of the tracks, and the only song I sort of like is The Beauty of Cortana. I doubt I'll get it, if that's the only song I enjoy hearing. I wish Marty stayed, but Neil Davidge is decent. It'll take me a while to get used the the shift in the music...
Old 10-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #54
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I enjoy what I've heard so far. I haven't put down the pre-order yet though. I'm waiting for it to come out and I'm putting down an Amazon order for the Soundtrack from every Halo game since I don't own the physical copies of any of them. Those are actually numbers 3-10 on my Halo To-Buy list. Art of Halo 4 and Silentium are at the top ^_^
Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #55
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I still frequently listen to both volumes of the Halo 2 soundtrack. One of the best videogame soundtacks of all time. High Charity Suite is great.....Speaking of the soundtracks, and going off topic for a bit here, has anyone pre-ordered the Halo 4 soundtrack?
I still listen to the Halo 2 Vol. 2 soundtrack on my way to work. High Charity Suite and Delta Halo Suite are my favorite. As for the Halo 4 soundtrack, I went ahead and pre-ordered it seeing as it comes out on Monday and most of the tracks are pretty decent.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #56
Vectorman953

The first time I watched episode 3, I was really worried because none of the students (trained to be observent) were noticing the glowing sword reflected in the "mystery soldier"/spartans visor.

I really feel for Lasky though;
Same thing happened to me the first time I kissed a girl.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #57
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
The first time I watched episode 3, I was really worried because none of the students (trained to be observent) were noticing the glowing sword reflected in the "mystery soldier"/spartans visor.

I really feel for Lasky though;
Same thing happened to me the first time I kissed a girl.
You're first kiss was interrupted by a powerful conglomeration of relgious aliens that are hellbent on using the technology of an extinct civilization to destroy Humanity too? Damn those aliens. They always ruin our chances of getting nookie!

Just rewatched Episode 3 to catch any small stuff I might've missed. Not much to be had in the Live-action portion, but the opening with Cortana I did catch something I missed before. She mentioned something about being slowed down right at the end. I'm wondering if she was referring to FUD as it was going through the Ark portal.

Spoilers for Halo 3,Cryptum, & Primordium:

A lot of people seem to believe that the Ark is an instantaneous portal from one end to the other and that Forward Unto Dawn was only half-inside when it closed. In actuality, the portal is more like Slipspace. It's a long tunnel that tears into an alternate dimension to speed up travel time from Point A to Point B. The Ark portal is effectively the same thing, but on a much faster pace since the Ark was located just outside of the Milky Way Galaxy. The entire ship made it through no problem, but the portal was closed literally a couple seconds too late for the whole ship to have made it out. The chances of this happening of natural causes are astronomically impossible. The chances of the Chief's portion of the ship ending up outside of the Shield World containing the Didact even more so. Since tunneling through the galaxy technically means you're still travelling consistently through the millions of Lightyears it takes to get there, that means dropping the Chief out near Requiem required the portal to close and sever at an impossibly precise moment in the tunnel, not just closing the entrance and exit. In other words, the ship was severed before the Portal ever closed and the Arbiter's portion simply continued to travel until it reach Earth again.

To pull off something this precise, you have to have an extreme level of mastery over the Forerunner levels of Slipspace technology. No human closed it, nor did any Covenant force. Who does this leave?

The Didact, though he's believed to be in Hibernation and additionally, he's a Warrior which leads me to doubt his ability to pull off such a manuever.

The Librarian, at least according to Primordium, is still somewhere in existence. She was a lifeworker and specialized more in the organic aspects of creation. She could potentially have the know how to pull it off, however, since the Ark was ultimately her lifes work.

The monitors. We all know there are at least 7 monitors in existence. 343 GS and 2401 PT are both eliminated, but the other 5 Halo Installations all possesed monitors as well, one of those being the Human-based monitor that used to be Chakas and who was the basis for the creation of the Installation monitors (and he has since assumed the personality of 343, effectively bring Sparky back to life and put him in pursuit of the Librarian.)

Than we also know of the existence of Mendicant Bias, the monitor created to fight the Flood in the war before the rings' activation. Ultimately he was corrupted by the Gravemind and persuaded to fight for him, but after the ring activation and his being left dormant on High Charity for so long, he came to regret his decisions and fled to the Ark, where he has since left terminal messages to the Master Chief explaining his actions and expressing his regrets and desire to right his wrongs. This seems like the most likely culprit responsible because he's see the chief as his opportunity to fix his mistakes. Originally I believed he desired to defeat the Flood through the use of the Chief to right his wrongs, but since learning about the Didact's presence on Requiem and his strong hatred of Humanity, I wonder if MB might just be trying to win back the faith of his own creators through the Chief's arrival and thus awakening of the Didact.

Mendicant Bias would have the technical know how and the super computer reaction times necessary to drop the chief out at an exact pinpoint as well. Even with the impossibility of precision, taking into account that it took 4 years for the chief to drift to Requiem would put this back into the realm of plausibility.

I would like to apologize to anybody that hates all my essay-long posts. I've been using my phone as a web browser forever and it makes me reluctant to type a lot. Now that the 360 has a web browser and I can use my keyboard, I'm free to divulge my volumes of thoughts and ideas and hotheaded opinions on the world again. lol

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 10-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #58
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Wall of informative textl
A spoiler tag or two might have been nice for folks who haven't finished all the books yet. That aside, you put a lot of thought into that one line didn't you? lol
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #59
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
A spoiler tag or two might have been nice for folks who haven't finished all the books yet. That aside, you put a lot of thought into that one line didn't you? lol
Oops. Isn't this topic marked as Spoilers? I typically refrain from posting Spoiler tags if the topic is, but I may have overlooked it this time. Sorry about that. But yes I did. It's a theory I've thrown around since Halo 3 came out, but the line kind of reaffirms it and things we've learned since H3 have made slight alterations to the train of thought.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #60
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Oops. Isn't this topic marked as Spoilers? I typically refrain from posting Spoiler tags if the topic is, but I may have overlooked it this time. Sorry about that. But yes I did. It's a theory I've thrown around since Halo 3 came out, but the line kind of reaffirms it and things we've learned since H3 have made slight alterations to the train of thought.
Nope, thread and OP are both lacking spoiler warnings. But even so the thread's about FUD and not the books. I don't personally mind. I stopped a few chapters into Cryptium (Just can't get into it as much as I did the first six books for some reason) Haven't bothered with Glassland or Thursday War either. I'll get to them eventually. Probably by the time Halo 5 comes out, lol. Just thinking some others might mind.

As for your theory, I'm not sure if it holds water, but I like it.