Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This week gave me chills. Anyone else?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #62
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
This week gave me chills. Anyone else?
I've found a few of the episodes a bit teenzy and lackluster but 4th is an amazing episode, 5 is just not enough we want more. Hope they make future seasons for a cable station maybe.

Chief steps in to save the day, the eye on detail is amazing from the camo energy sword wielding elite to the jackels needler rifles shots shattering into crystal.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #63
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The entire ship made it through no problem, but the portal was closed literally a couple seconds too late for the whole ship to have made it out. . .
We've discussed this before, I think Mendicant Bias would be the primary suspect.

But, regardless of who caused it to happen, one thing we know for sure is - like you said - the odds of it happening randomly are astronomical. Someone, or something caused the Chief and Cortana to end up at Requiem.

Haven't been able to watch part 4 yet, Is it the last? Or will we have one more next week?

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #64
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Yeah. I remember discussing this with you once before. That one sentence in Episode 3, though. That just spoke volumes in terms of confirming what was right and what was wrong. Still theoretical, but I've come to better understands some of the physics the series uses that obviously don't exist yet in a real-world scenario. Sadly I'm terrible at physics, but I seem to be really good at understanding the kind of physics you might encounter in Gravity-less space.

This is planned as 5 episodes, so we've got one more coming. I'm curious where they're planning to squeeze in an extra 90 minutes of footage though. I enjoyed the whole story of Hastati Squad, but I wouldn't really want them extending the first 2 episodes a whole lot. I want the majority of the extensions to be in the latter 3 episodes after the Covenant arrive. Or they're always welcome to continue on from the point where Episode 5 ends and just keep showing us the story of Lasky throughout the war up to discovering Requiem. 90 minutes of footage to cover the story of a man caught up in a war/post-war that was 32 years long is pushing it, but maybe skipping the middle portion and focusing on the Infinity at a point up to when the Live Action Infinity Trailer took place would work. I'd like to know more about Lasky and how he actually managed to earn the trust of Parangoski.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #65
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Dark, it sounds you might be misunderstanding a little. The extended version that comes with that LE and will later be released on Blu-Ray isn't extended BY 90 minutes. It's extended TO 90 minutes. So far the first episode has been the longest with a run time of 19 minutes 49 seconds. The combined run time of the 4 so far has been 69 minutes and 13 seconds. This includes each episode having the Machinima opening, a next time, and credits. Which takes up at least a minute of the video. The 5th episode is likely to be no longer than the first, probably shorter. So the combined run time of all 5 will likely be around 85 minutes. At a guess. So the extended will have 5-10 extra minutes after the multiple openings and credits are removed.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #66
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Omg Dat part 4.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #67
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Aww I had a feeling that's what it was, but I had my hopes up for an extra 90 minutes of footage. lol. Be awesome if the additional content was longer than the entire series itself. I continue to hold out hope for a Halo movie now.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #68
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Notice how we're getting teased with images and communication with other Spartan IIs?

Chief was talking to Kelly when he picked up Corbulo's survivors.

Kelly is also seen in the Scanned trailer. Announcer mentions her number.

0:55

We see Fred in the "classified footage" that Sully uncovers.

Chief's gonna have some company in the Reclaimer trilogy.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #69
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Notice how we're getting teased with images and communication with other Spartan IIs?

0:55

Halo Wiki says that Spartan II is Linda though?

Anyways, who cares. If Kelly is in ANY of the new games this trilogy, I will wet myself. I love her

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #70
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:

Well, the particularly interesting bit is that both Kelly and Fred have credits on the IMDB page for Forward Unto Dawn, so it's possible we might see them in episode 5. You know, at the Pelican evac point.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #71
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Whoops! I think I meant Linda. Nice catch.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #72
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Whoops! I think I meant Linda. Nice catch.
It's all good man

Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #73
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Military protocol. Superior officers are called Sir.
thats funny cuz if i remember correctly iv seen alot of military movies and iv never heard a soldier call a female officer a sir. That makes them sound more like a man, and seems kinda rude if u ask me.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #74
Pr0ph3cy

Pr0ph3cy 117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
thats funny cuz if i remember correctly iv seen alot of military movies and iv never heard a soldier call a female officer a sir. That makes them sound more like a man, and seems kinda rude if u ask me.
Only in Sifi movies they call them sir. In reality we call them mam
Pr0ph3cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #75
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0ph3cy View Post
Only in Sifi movies they call them sir.
Hey, don't forget Cop shows! Isn't it like a requirement that female police captains in tv shows insist on being called sir?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #76
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Halo Wiki says that Spartan II is Linda though?

Anyways, who cares. If Kelly is in ANY of the new games this trilogy, I will wet myself. I love her
You can have Kelly. Linda is my girlfriend! You got that?! Lol ^_^ I really hope Linda and the others make an appearance in the new trilogy. They're focused way more on the books than in the past. They even referenced Linda in the 1st level of Halo Anniversary, so according to the game universe she now officially exists as well.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #77
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
They even referenced Linda in the 1st level of Halo Anniversary, so according to the game universe she now officially exists as well.
Yeah, they showed Linda in the pod in the first level. But they never made any mention of her leaving that pod before the Chief blew the ship to hell and destroyed Installation 04. So as far as the game universe, she existed but could be dead.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #78
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
You can have Kelly. Linda is my girlfriend! You got that?! Lol ^_^ I really hope Linda and the others make an appearance in the new trilogy. They're focused way more on the books than in the past. They even referenced Linda in the 1st level of Halo Anniversary, so according to the game universe she now officially exists as well.
I'll be sure to keep my eyes off Linda I love how they're incorporated in the books, both in the early novels & most recent. I'm so behind on the Kilo-Five series, as I'm just about done with Glasslands. Are Halsey, Mendez and the Spartan gang in Thursday War?

Quote:
Yeah, they showed Linda in the pod in the first level. But they never made any mention of her leaving that pod before the Chief blew the ship to hell and destroyed Installation 04. So as far as the game universe, she existed but could be dead.
LOL. Very valid point!

Old 10-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #79
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Halsey gets a couple minor mentions and one small part in the book, but Mendez and the S-II's and S-III's are nowhere to be seen or mentioned in this book. They have to be off doing something, though. Doubt it would have any effect on Halo 4 though since Thursday War still takes place 4 years before the game starts.

Quote:
Well according to First Strike, when The Pillar or Autumn was detonated, it automated the safety systems that would flush the Cryo Pods into the vacuum of Space with minor life-support systems and thrusters to keep the pod from spinning uncontrollably. They were designed so that other ships would be able to recover survivors in the event of an emergency where people couldn't be revived in time. The chief actually completely forgets about Linda in his time on Installation 04 because she's practically dead on ice. Rescuing her was complete luck.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #80
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Halsey gets a couple minor mentions and one small part in the book, but Mendez and the S-II's and S-III's are nowhere to be seen or mentioned in this book. They have to be off doing something, though. Doubt it would have any effect on Halo 4 though since Thursday War still takes place 4 years before the game starts.
Thanks you for clearing that up, man. Hopefully I can finish the last two chapters and try to finish Thursday War before the 6th so I'm all up to date.

Quote:
The chief actually completely forgets about Linda in his time on Installation 04 because she's practically dead on ice. Rescuing her was complete luck.
His luck never seems to fail him.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #81
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Well according to First Strike...
But that's my point. Your first comment was about the Games. Yes, they showed her in the first game. But the only evidence that she's alive after that game is in the books, not any of the games. The games don't even explain that she was near death in that cryo tube. They offer no explanation why she wasn't revived right along side the Chief. Just, she's there, and we're leaving her there.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #82
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
But that's my point. Your first comment was about the Games. Yes, they showed her in the first game. But the only evidence that she's alive after that game is in the books, not any of the games. The games don't even explain that she was near death in that cryo tube. They offer no explanation why she wasn't revived right along side the Chief. Just, she's there, and we're leaving her there.
In the past this would've been a point of distress; However, since 343i has declared that they intend to integrate the events in the books, movies, and games into a single seamless experience, the point is moot. Book readers know how she survived, but the games up until the point of that easter egg never even mention that any spartans are still alive aside from the Master Chief. What the Easter Egg does is basically just tell us "Hey, those events that happened in the book? They matter to the game now. If you want to know what becomes of this point, go read the book."

They're building the new Halo games in a way that will reward people that have read all the books and inhale every little detail, but in a way that people who haven't technically won't be alienated. To anybody that has seen this easter egg, but never read any of the books, it's just a meaningless little easter egg and that's that until Linda does or does not come into the game again at any point in the series.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #83
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
I was so excited to not have noticed this mini-series until now, because I was able to watch the first 4 episodes back to back..... but now I'm pissed that I have to wait and even more pissed there's only one left. From what I heard last, the movie (which if you watch the trailers, actually does an amazing job of sticking to the story/visuals in every way), is about to be handed over to either some Australian guy I think, or..... Michael Bay, which could destroy the whole thing.
Fatdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #84
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
They way it has been done is fantastic. A great film could be made. I'm disappointed its only 5 episodes!

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #85
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
They way it has been done is fantastic. A great film could be made. I'm disappointed its only 5 episodes!
Yeah, it's been really good. If only there was more episodes! :<
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #86
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Damnit!
In another one of my absences (see below), I must have missed the whole "not an additional 90 minutes of content, but rather the total is 90 minutes" discussion.

AND NOW I AM SAD (and might as well buy the blue ray)

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #87
CGAvnerDune

Avner Dune's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0ph3cy View Post
Only in Sifi movies they call them sir. In reality we call them mam
^ This

As Active Duty military I can tell you with reasonable certanty that there is no instance where calling a female officer Sir is ever appropriate.

This is a hollywood thing that got started with the first Star Trek and just got stuck in every Sci Fi show as jargon afterwards.

100% Games: 47/65
Working on: Gears 1, gears 2, AO2TFD, GTA IV,

50K - Reincarnation: Bioshock 2
89% completion percentage! 90% Here I come!
CGAvnerDune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #88
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Still holding out for that Neill Blomkamp Halo film!

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #89
Hishoa

Mmmm, 'dat Cortana

Last edited by Hishoa; 11-02-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #90
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Damn that was sweet. The Jackals and the Hunters were done pretty good. Better, I think, than the Elite was. (His mouth never moved. Killed it for me a little that they got in so close but didn't show that one detail)

Did anyone else think Kelly looked a little too much like Kat and Fred a little like Nobel 6?