PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This BETA is a joke. lol.

Play it. You'll laugh, it's that bad.

It was actually worth the excessive download time just to get these giggles.

It looks like a PS1 game, the animations, the spawns are even worse than MOH1 game.

To think I considered this over Halo 4.

No wonder Call of Duty does so great without a BETA, great way to mask its mediocrity, year in, year out.

Risky business releasing a BETA, especially in this state and a few weeks prior to release. We're talking at least 5 title updates to fix these issues. Half of them probably cannot be fixed.

This game is gonna tank.

Makes me appreciate Halo 4's pending release that little bit more.

(Updating as I play)

These stupid red glows on the enemies just ruin any sense of immersion, what the f*ck is this!?!?!?

The map sucks!

The interface is filled with crap that I don't care about, is very clunky and unintuitive.

The MK18 for the Canadian dude is a hawt weapon

Last edited by Dr Popodopolus; 10-05-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
I'm having fun with it except for screen freezing issues :/
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard
Couldn't agree more. However, it made me appreciate Call of Duty a lot more. Say what you will about repetitiveness, but CoD is fucking solid. I haven't played MW3, but I'm almost positive I'll be getting Black Ops 2. Because this year, I want a new, shoot-em up. As much as I love Halo and will likely love Halo 4, those games have never dealt the fast-paced satisfaction of something like CoD.

Anyway, you see all these games that try to kill Call of Duty (Even Battlefield has changed to try as dethrone CoD) and they're all shitty, clunky wannabes.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
I1 Chewbacca I1

I1 Chewbacca I1's Gamercard
The one game mode is fun to play, but the game is not pretty. I find myself looking at my gun skin and wondering if the textures are loaded or not.

If anyone was worried about ohk snipers, it's headshots only without prior damage. At least with the starting sniper.

Overall the beta is ok, but it didn't sway me to make a purchase. It's a weird hybrid of COD and BF. Squad heal/support with point streaks.
I1 Chewbacca I1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum-Mobile View Post

Anyway, you see all these games that try to kill Call of Duty (Even Battlefield has changed to try as dethrone CoD) and they're all shitty, clunky wannabes.
Couldn't agree more with this now. This game was pretty much my last hope for a new FPS to play regularly online, that isn't Halo or Call of Duty.

I'll be taking a break from Black Ops 2 this year, but getting Halo 4.

Will no doubt end up nabbing Black Ops 2 at some point, though.
It's what Activision do, they have me on their strings~

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Smoochy

I'm actually enjoying it. It obviously has bugs, but it's a beta, so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect. It feels like a more fast-paced Battlefield, which is awesome. I'm not sold just yet, but it's definitely decent.

The graphics are a bit mediocre, but they're not awful either. However, as long as the game is fun, I don't care about graphics.

I do, however, hate the map that's in the beta. I don't mind the game mode, the map just sucks.

I also hate the red and white outlines that show up around enemy/friendly players. Makes it feel too much like a fantasy shooter instead of a modern shooter.

Last.fm

Last edited by Smoochy; 10-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post

It looks like a PS1 game, the animations, the spawns are even worse than MOH1 game.

No wonder Call of Duty does so great without a BETA, great way to mask its mediocrity, year in, year out.

Risky business releasing a BETA, especially in this state and a few weeks prior to release. We're talking at least 5 title updates to fix these issues. Half of them probably cannot be fixed.

This game is gonna tank.

(Updating as I play)

These stupid red glows on the enemies just ruin any sense of immersion, what the f*ck is this!?!?!?

The map sucks!

The interface is filled with crap that I don't care about, is very clunky and unintuitive.

I agree with everything! Except the map, the map actually has some cool ideas and layouts. Now the whole map is not that great, but some things are pretty cool
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I was planning on downloading this later today, but figured i would ask. How does it fare gameplay wise? is it enjoyable to play?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I was planning on downloading this later today, but figured i would ask. How does it fare gameplay wise? is it enjoyable to play?
Once you unlock a class you want to play, and realize it's kind of buggy, it's fun.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr popodopolus View Post
play it. You'll laugh, it's that bad.

It looks like a ps1 game, the animations, the spawns are even worse than moh1 game.

To think i considered this over halo 4.

No wonder call of duty does so great without a beta, great way to mask its mediocrity, year in, year out.

Risky business releasing a beta, especially in this state and a few weeks prior to release. We're talking at least 5 title updates to fix these issues. Half of them probably cannot be fixed.

This game is gonna tank.

Makes me appreciate halo 4's pending release that little bit more.

(updating as i play)

these stupid red glows on the enemies just ruin any sense of immersion, what the f*ck is this!?!?!?

The map sucks!

The interface is filled with crap that i don't care about, is very clunky and unintuitive.

The mk18 for the canadian dude is a hawt weapon
its a fucking beta for fuck sakes chill the fuck out.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't care what anybody has to say about Call of Duty be it good or bad. This poor excuse of a game has about ten years of learning to do before it could compete with that game on any level. This is as bad as they come.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #12
killeralltime

killeralltime's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post

This game is gonna tank.

(Updating as I play)

The map sucks!

I totally 100% agree with you,

here is my list i hate about the game

1.the custom/create-a-class/operation country idea, is just down right confusing

2. the graphics are a big let down-Frostbite 2 is a PoS and waste of EA's money Cod it way better than this

3. the movement just feels sluggish and slow-even at full sensitivity

4. A whole bunch of bugs-example: every time i add camo and/or attachment to my gun and then get into the game they are gone!

5.spawns are down right awful

6. i can't stand the nasty looking graphics when you ADS (really they are horrible)

7. freezing all the time (probably just the beta but still)

I can go on and on but those the biggest ones

and it just feels like Danger close tried to copy CoD-gun on gun gameplay style but they failed horrifically

Like you guys are saying that it will take forever to patch SOME of these problems but most are Gameplay itself

I am glad i downloaded the beta since i was on the fence whether or not to buy it, and now its a NO for me, but it is nice to play something new it will hold me over for a couple of days

I just can't wait for BOII CoD will shove MoH face into the ground

And oh wait i forgot the #1 reason why i will not be buying the game-
EA SERVERS SUCK!!!
killeralltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This game is fantastic. I don't understand all the negativity. Even for a beta, this is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is all the menus and dialogues, so confusing.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #14
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
its a fucking beta for fuck sakes chill the fuck out.
+1

The idea of a beta is to work out any kinks that are still in the game. Chances are, the build that is playable is weeks if not months old. A lot can change in that time.

Now, do people have to be reminded of how bad the Battlefield 3 beta was and how bad it looked? Since you know, graphics are everything and all. Now it is one of the more popular games on the Xbox 360 and on Xbox LIVE.....
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
Play Up Pomp3y

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
Silly boy, it's a beta!
I'm actually enjoying it. The fire team idea is really good, ESP the option to spawn on him or not. So why your bitching about spawns I don't know. The graphics are naturally going to be poor, most betas are, to keep the memory low. Do you honestly think they are going to put out graphics worse than the two year old original?
I do agree the red highlighting is annoying, as are the over complicated menus but once we get used to it, it won't worry me. In fact, the sheer depth if options and personalisation is pretty sweet.
I'm still getting it, I like the idea of fast paced combat, with TEAMWORK being rewarded, rather than twelve foul mouthed idiots crying over their K/D ratios in CoD. Frankly, after 5 years of it, I'm willing to give something else a chance.

Last edited by Play Up Pomp3y; 10-06-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #16
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
From what I've seen my biggest issue is the graphics, and I know that's going to be fixed because of the on disc HD install that BF3 had. Aside from that, the incorrect national flags and voice overs should all be fixed, they're too damn obvious to NOT be fixed.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #17
fastNcurious

Spawning needs fixing. That's the only constructive feedback I have.

My other complaints can't be fixed. The whole interface and menu system is utter crap. I didn't like BF's menu system, but this one is worse. I don't understand why they can't hire user interface people. Nothing is intuitive. "Service record" just shows you your unlocks and is in no way a record of your service as it is in all other games (showing detailed stats, etc.). Lol.

I'm seriously reconsidering my pre-order.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
+1

The idea of a beta is to work out any kinks that are still in the game. Chances are, the build that is playable is weeks if not months old. A lot can change in that time.

Now, do people have to be reminded of how bad the Battlefield 3 beta was and how bad it looked? Since you know, graphics are everything and all. Now it is one of the more popular games on the Xbox 360 and on Xbox LIVE.....
I wanna punch these people who take this beta like it's a "real game" lol. The bf3 beta was shit but it was one of the best games of 2011. People will just never ever learn...
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #19
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
+1

The game comes out in like a week. I'm guessing it's already being printed onto discs at this point. I haven't heard of a game going gold within just a few days of release.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #20
H0p3sfalL
A Goat in Sheep's Rosary

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Regardless of the beta, I'm still liking the look of the game.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #21
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
Everyone is titled to their opinion. So, here's mine. It's a beta for starters and it was made awhile ago. Second, the only issue I've experienced was losing connection to EA - which is typical. Also, I had zero lag or "freezing." I like how you can take up to ten people in a game from your party and split you up in two's.

It's not COD, MW, or BF3. It's MOH. And if you played the first game, this one is a lot better. especially since they are using the Frost Bite 2 Engine. The menus, unlocks and just the game play will take a little time to familiarize ourselves with the game.

I like the beta and will buy. I'm sure we all love military shooter MP games and it's nice to have a different flavor.
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #22
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I like it, granted there are a few bugs like the occasional invisible wall and random freezes, but over all it's not that bad. Sure the graphics aren't the greatest but i'll hold judgement until i see the final product.

My only gripe is the gunplay. The recoil is insane, even firing in bursts. Most of the gun battles i had were random as to who died because we were both spraying all over the place. At one point i shot someone in the leg and i was awarded a headshot. What annoyed me with this is the developers keep going on about authenticity and the EBR is a stable firing weapon system, but in the beta it had the stability of a Tec-9 during a drive by.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #23
Y0UNIK0RN

Tyitin's Gamercard
This is not a "beta" this is more like a demo of the already printed on disc ready to ship game thats released in a couple of weeks.

The graphics I saw in the trailers were amazing as advertised in their trailer "better than bf3" but this looked horrible and those trailers I saw were like an entirely different game.

This was the title I was looking forward to more than any other, and when i finished trying the "demo" I literally said what the fu*k and quit.

Also the way the menus were set up didn't make me want to look and explore them.

Ps- as a huge fan of using the knife I was looking forward to the tomahawk, but damn what a let down.
Y0UNIK0RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #24
killeralltime

killeralltime's Gamercard
And again this game sucks balls and F u EA for publishing shitty games

No wonder why you see MoH at the end of the pre -order charts and black ops on top

Oh EA stop trying to kill CoD its impossible unless you figure how to run your stupid engine on consoles
And I bet they just lost tons of sales from this release of the beta
killeralltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #25
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
The gun sounds are terrible.

You have to unlock iron sights?!?!... What is this I don't even...

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #26
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
The BF3 beta ha terrible bugs and issues but fuck me at least it was a good fun game that kept me wanting to play.

This game is a fucking mess

Menus are shit and user unfriendly
Bullets are made of paper
Aiming is completely off
Spawns are laughable
The red outline around enemies is disgusting and not necessary for this kind of game
The lighting is terrible, that might explain why they have do do an outline for players as ou wouldn't see them otherwise
Graphics are shit considering its the latest greatest frostbite two
Create a class/ country is far too complicated and confusing
It feels like a cheap ass pre Apha BF3 with CoD sized maps and piss poor lighting effects

This game will fail
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
Alvaries

Alvaries's Gamercard
The only thing that pisses me off is the spawn. Besides that, I like the beta and I will purchase the game at day one.
Alvaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #28
Play Up Pomp3y

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
@Sanchez
You do realise you have seen 1 map and 1 MP gametype, on a beta right?
Just your sweeping opinions seem like you have played through the whole game and finished article!
Not everyone wants every game to be exactly like the biggest selling rival franchise! I pre ordered this on the strength of the brilliant single player campaign in the last one. Yea, the multiplayer wasn't as polished or popular as CoD, but I'm bored of that franchise now tbh, and this is bringing something new, with fire teams and the chance to play as different nations. Also, this is ultimately an Achievement website. MoH achievement list is weighted 70/30 in favour of the SP campaign, which is also about the same weighting for my expectations and excitability for this game. I see MP as an extension of the game, not the damn be all and end all.
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
I've only played 2 rounds of the beta so far and I like it.
* Looks good even as a beta build, I know the disk version will look better.
* I like the buddy spawn system. The timer and heads up for both players is nice. Could be shrunk down a bit, but works.
* The colors are a bit dark, could be brought up a bit.

Plan on getting more play time tonight/this weekend to see more, but so far I'm liking it. Still plan on picking it up.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
The textures are pretty bad.
Both the menu and gameplay are very clumsy and stiffed.
Spawns are really bad.
The Create-A-Class and country shit is far too complicated.
The red outline on enemies, what the fuck?
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote