Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Jordun

JORDY B 123's Gamercard
infection on halo4?

I really hope this will be the same if not better! i use to love infection on halo 3, with the custom forged maps, if anyone else use to play on them all, like cops & robbers, fat kid, hide & seek, alien, saw, all those custom foundry maps you will know what i'm on about! use to be so much fun halo reach sucked for infection.
Jordun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
If they do include an Infection playlist, which I'm sure they will, they really need to fix it so that someone can't be the zombie 3 rounds in a row. That shit is really annoying.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
The H3 Infection map on Foundry where there was a mansion(ish) building in the middle used to be HILARIOUS. I didn't enjoy Infection in Reach as much since it was a permanent play list and the pistol was way too easy to get headshots with
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Ham Woopan

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
They definitely need to improve it from Reach. It was horrible. No filters, no custom maps and no random objects (at least when the game first came out.) All it was, was a mad scramble to see who could be the first faggot to get to an unreachable spot if you started as a human. If you were a zombie, enjoy starting as a zombie for the next two rounds.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I think a BACKWASH remake is needed for Halo 4, it'd be a GREAT map to play infection on.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
They need custom maps for it this time around. Not the Fucking Cage or maps with 20+ glitching spots.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hopefully they fix it this time in Halo 4 and not fuck up the settings like Reach's did (in order to play zombies like in Halo 3, the humans had to be set as zombies and vice versa)
Frozenghost001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
They definitely need to improve it from Reach. It was horrible. No filters, no custom maps and no random objects (at least when the game first came out.) All it was, was a mad scramble to see who could be the first faggot to get to an unreachable spot if you started as a human. If you were a zombie, enjoy starting as a zombie for the next two rounds.
I played just last week, and they have added some variations of the standard maps where some of the common areas people camp (for instance, the spawn area on Boardwalk) have those kill zones in them. Actually made the maps seem smaller and more intense.

But I agree, there needs to be more custom maps. Those were the best in Halo 3. Haunted Mansion, that other mansion one with the two turrets on top, just racking up killing sprees, LOL.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Thumbs up

I hope halo 4 has some good infection
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
Yep, especially on Asylum

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
fastNcurious

I liked how in Halo 3, infection was only once a month (iirc). Made it feel special. Having it as a standard everyday playlist would be boring, imo.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
I was never really able to pin down (besides the unreachable spots) why I hated infection in Reach (after loving it being my #2 favorite playlist in halo 3) until I read this thread.

I'm not sure whether to thank you guys, or get pissed about remembering the bitter taste of Halo Reach.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordun View Post
I really hope this will be the same if not better! i use to love infection on halo 3, with the custom forged maps, if anyone else use to play on them all, like cops & robbers, fat kid, hide & seek, alien, saw, all those custom foundry maps you will know what i'm on about! use to be so much fun halo reach sucked for infection.
those were great custom game types, ahhh the memories. actually didnt enjoy halo reach customs too much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
If they do include an Infection playlist, which I'm sure they will, they really need to fix it so that someone can't be the zombie 3 rounds in a row. That shit is really annoying.
i know right.. that shit gets really old very fast, especially if you are the person getting 'new zombie' every round. of course the person in the lead gets survivor all rounds! blasphemy.

like other people said im hoping the infection is a little more polished from halo reach. i remember there was some bug where if you killed the zombie as he killed you, he could get the boot option (due to the .5 second delay when you are switching sides?). not sure if that got fixed, but very annoying. also all those maps had way to many lame ass spots for kids to abbuse, yawn.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post

like other people said im hoping the infection is a little more polished from halo reach. i remember there was some bug where if you killed the zombie as he killed you, he could get the boot option (due to the .5 second delay when you are switching sides?). not sure if that got fixed, but very annoying. also all those maps had way to many lame ass spots for kids to abbuse, yawn.
You mean the Bulltrue glitch? I always raged when that happened. You'd either get the medal even if you got killed (which makes no sense) or end up getting a free betrayal since you were "technically" a zombie by the time your buckshot hit him.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
INFECTION New zombie Round over
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
halo 2 zombies was still by far the best!! even though it was all guardian glitching, super bouncing fags
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
oriic

oriic's Gamercard
The new infection mode name is:

Flood mode

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_pos...lood-Mode.aspx
oriic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
You will actually be infected now.

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
the armor the infected are wearing makes them look like the power-armor from Crysis. Except they've got the creepiest smile ever.

I wonder if those are supposed to be forerunner infected? Because that certainly doesn't look like MJOLNIR

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

my god

holy shit those things look hideous, it almost looks like some variant of the flood? if this is legit, like infection players change to that.. would be pretty awesome imo, thats always something infection kind of lacked. when you turn, you're pretty much the same spartan but with a sword now (+movement speed bonus n such).
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Hmmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. Cool idea but I enjoyed it plenty as just a color change. Really hope there's an option to turn it off because all the custom games based around infection would look really bad with grotesque character models like that.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #22
Firefly2

XD Firefly's Gamercard
Yes please let there be Zombies, time to boost my KD
Firefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote